Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

There was no indication from them that they weren't going until they made the IG post. I don't read the sister's blog, so I don't know what, if any show cancellations were made in Bolivia. I only heard about the border closure on Tuesday; who knows when the Bontragers found out and cancel with the airline and hotel(s).

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

This little girl’s complexion just doesn’t look healthy at all.  Plus the little bags under her eyes 😢

Don't they ALL have bags under their eyes?

But she does have her Jackie Kennedy cocktail dress on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

None of those kids posing with the magic vitamins appear to actually be eating them. 

...I was just wondering- when a vaccination is finally developed and available (for the Corona 19 virus) how will the anti vaxers respond? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I may be overreacting and I don't have kids, but I can't believe Jill let that tiny girl play on a dirty ladder on its side. That ladder probably outweighs that child and could have easily fallen over on her and injured her. Idiots.

• Love 2

Oh antivaxxers are already out in force complaining about the yet to be developed vaccine. I've read about a few. And NIH is already starting clinical trials.

Just put them all on an island and let them be. Then our herd immunity won't be compromised. I have a niece who had a liver transplant last year not to mention several older relatives who are susceptible so they can't make it happen soon enough.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

This little girl’s complexion just doesn’t look healthy at all.  Plus the little bags under her eyes 😢

She doesn't look healthy and she doesn't look cared for. Somebody should wash and comb her hair. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Here I go again. Jill is bragging because her child is stuck in a crowded van playing for three days with a dirty ladder and a bunch of building supplies (paint cans, solder, etc.) However, the children of normal parents who have normal lives have mushy brains. If anyone has a mushy brain, it's the narcissistic mother of these poor, undernourished, uneducated kids. 

How's Tim doing in school, Jill? 

She's not in a van, she's pretending the ladder is a van. It looks like it's in their living room judging by the carpet and recliner. 

Too many pics of the kids basically sucking on their fingers to eat those vitamins. 

• Love 7

There is far too much clutter in that bathroom. 

So they framed it out themselves, on top of the black and white tile? Does that mean you have to step up to get into the bathroom? And for framing it out themselves it seems poorly laid out. Lots of extra corners. My brain can't conceptualize the footprint.

And is that a breaker box? In the bathroom? Is that code?

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Should I feel ashamed for liking the gray with pops of yellow? I feel like I've crossed over to the dark side.

WAAAAAY too much crap. Every time someone flushes all those tzotchkes are going to be receiving a fine aerosol spray of e coli. Have she learned nothing the last few weeks?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

WAAAAAY too much crap. Every time someone flushes all those tzotchkes are going to be receiving a fine aerosol spray of e coli. Have she learned nothing the last few weeks?

It's Jill. More is more. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's no place in that home where Mr Rod and the girls could sit comfortably and read?

Really! He's sitting while they stand next to him...

Still, I'm rather surprised that Cinderella is considered an appropriate story in their household. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She doesn't look healthy and she doesn't look cared for. Somebody should wash and comb her hair. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Read that last line. Im really starting to think Silly Jilly is a lurker around here. Not the first time she has posted something to "debunk" a comment written here almost immediately. Reading her own press. Something else to occupy her time when she should be feeding her malnourished brats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I'm going to explode with anger. Really, literally about to explode. This ugly obese SLOB whose fucking leg is bigger than a single daughter can sit his fat arse down while his unkempt, dirty starving children stand there in this clutter??

I'm raging. These poor children need to be taken away to good loving homes, washed and fed and comforted.

..............we're on lockdown here due to the effing virus which is sapping all of my strength (as I have anxiety issues) so my patience is running thin. I may swear more than usual..

• Love 19
11 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It looks better than the other two, but who needs so much crap in the bathroom?

Of course it looks better , it's Jill and Shrek's . 

• LOL 7
20 hours ago, emma675 said:

I may be overreacting and I don't have kids, but I can't believe Jill let that tiny girl play on a dirty ladder on its side. That ladder probably outweighs that child and could have easily fallen over on her and injured her. Idiots.

I agree.  I know Jill wanted to show us how cute & creative Sofia was unlike our children who sit in front of electronic screens.  Regarding the safety of Sofia's idea -- Maybe she could have shown us one picture of Sofia & the stuffed animals on the ladder but then added that her idea was unsafe so they lined up and made a new "van" out of chairs and showed us a picture.   My son & his cousins loved to play "bus" like this (& other imaginative games) when they were little.   BTW Jill, they also sat in front of electronic screens growing up and still managed to become contributing members of society when they became adults. 

• Love 8

You guys, the bathroom is worse than we thought. 

Why are there TWO seating areas in the bathroom? Why is one in a closet? Why is one OPPOSITE THE TOILET? Why is the edge of the vanity so close to the toilet?

3F614202-A745-48DF-AFFE-002B98F50A2E.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Really! He's sitting while they stand next to him...

Still, I'm rather surprised that Cinderella is considered an appropriate story in their household. 

I thought the same thing re:Cinderella.  Despite the fact that the story features magic and spells and all the things “not godly”, it DOES encompass all things these people seem to embrace...keeping sweet, indentured servitude as a birthright, being “freed” once you find your Prince Charming. Not to mention putting others before yourself always.  Maybe this is a special magic free telling of the story?  

• Love 6

The girls are probably too young to be reading; he could be telling them almost anything while showing them the pictures (or at least some of the pictures).  I'm sure even Shrek could figure out how to tell them "Pray to God, obey your parents, and you'll meet your Prince Charming and live happily ever after" while flashing a few of the pictures.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, McManda said:

You guys, the bathroom is worse than we thought. 

Why are there TWO seating areas in the bathroom? Why is one in a closet? Why is one OPPOSITE THE TOILET? Why is the edge of the vanity so close to the toilet?

3F614202-A745-48DF-AFFE-002B98F50A2E.jpeg

1. That bathroom is a death trap. Too crowded to walk without fear of falling. 

2. while hubby taking a dump Jilly can read him a book or shriek that he is the bestest hubby ever and such a hard worker and provider for his family!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Not to be sizest, but how the hell does Mr. Rod squeeze into that toilet zone?

Sorry for that mental image...

I really wonder if his size is due to what he eats rather than quantities. If he’s gulping down a couple of liters of soda every day that’s a really good way to end up with a build like that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

That low circuit box above the bathroom chair is funny. David could have enclosed it and still provided easy access. Jill would have been denied a shelf, however.

I just realized I may have the same chair in my home office. Mine is from Wayfair and it was pretty cheap (but still over $100 on sale). It's fine for how little it's used. One reason I got it was it's small and fits in a tight space. Let me just say that David won't be sitting in that chair without a crowbar to get out. 

What's causing me anxiety is that I put a yellow pillow on mine too.  Being stuck at home isn't bad enough, and now I've decorated like Jill Rodrigues. Quelle horreur!

• LOL 24
32 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

1. That bathroom is a death trap. Too crowded to walk without fear of falling. 

2. while hubby taking a dump Jilly can read him a book or shriek that he is the bestest hubby ever and such a hard worker and provider for his family!

They could read the Bible together while pooping. So romantic!

• LOL 12

Very odd how they didn't just make the bathroom a rectangle and lay the tub, toilet and sink in a sensible fashion. Just because a nook, cranny and weird angle is there doesn't mean you have to use it. Especially when you're the one putting up the walls.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Very odd how they didn't just make the bathroom a rectangle and lay the tub, toilet and sink in a sensible fashion. Just because a nook, cranny and weird angle is there doesn't mean you have to use it. Especially when you're the one putting up the walls.

It really makes no sense, it isn't like there was a room there that they had to accommodate in designing the bathroom.  Even before Jill added the clutter, the basic design was terrible.  There are dozens of places online and on YouTube where anyone can learn a lot about remodeling spaces and how to design a bathroom.  What a mess of a bathroom they created!

• Love 12