Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Anna Marie Maxwell had the baby tonight! It's a boy. 

"Baby Boy arrived safely tonight! He’s doing well and so is Anna Marie. More details to follow. We’re praising the Lord for His amazing goodness. Thank you all for your faithful prayers. We’re grateful."

This is baby #6 and they now have 3 boys and 3 girls. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill didn't write that. There's no excessive use of caps in that post.

Holy ears, David!!!

I agree.  No young person would say "where does time go."

Re:  Jill's hair color.  I wouldn't even call her current  color Blonde.  It's what you get when you have dyed/highlighted/frosted it with various shades of blonde/red/light brown.  You end up with that non-natural Rusty Gold color.  Mix that with the damaged, frizzy, over treated hair itself and you have one bad look. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill went to a plexus seminar? She posted plenty of pics of herself and kids. Plexus seems like a scam. 

Jill has been shrilling Plexus for years.  According to her, it cures everything from autism to zits.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

David should be her #1 customer/guinea pig. If it works on him, then Plexus is legit!

She would never dare do that (or admit it, if she did) because that would imply that her lord and master wasn't absolutely perfect just the way he is.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

She would never dare do that (or admit it, if she did) because that would imply that her lord and master wasn't absolutely perfect just the way he is.

I agree! I hate to be shallow, but all the money she spends on make-up could have gone for him to get his teeth bonded and his ears pinned. He would look much better and maybe he wouldn't eat his feelings, aka eating his kids' food!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR was hanging out with heathens.

All those women in tight pants and short dresses! God just hates immodesty! How can Jill stand to be in the presence of these women?

God must give a pass to ladies who sell Plexus. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

All those women in tight pants and short dresses! God just hates immodesty! How can Jill stand to be in the presence of these women?

God must give a pass to ladies who sell Plexus. 

She must have discussed all the sluttish clothing with Nuri and the Nots when she got home.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Not to start any discussion on the immunization topic; just a quick question: Does anyone know if Whitney and Zach's children received their infant shots or not?

I don't think they have said one way or another. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I agree.  No young person would say "where does time go."

Re:  Jill's hair color.  I wouldn't even call her current  color Blonde.  It's what you get when you have dyed/highlighted/frosted it with various shades of blonde/red/light brown.  You end up with that non-natural Rusty Gold color.  Mix that with the damaged, frizzy, over treated hair itself and you have one bad look. 

I think people definitely have current Jill's hair color in nature.

I don't think they have it with Jill's roots though.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

There's a new post on the Maxwell blog on the latest member of the family; Anna Marie's son Simon Peter Maxwell. He was born at the hospital on Saturday and will be going home soon (no NICU).   Simon was born 3+ weeks early (meaning between 36 and 37 weeks). Also Sarah mentions that Anna Marie usually goes closer to 42 weeks.  

Christopher and Anna Marie chose a proper biblical name for their child. They always pick biblical names. Steve Maxwell likes meaningful names that are usually biblical. Christopher (Anna Marie) and Nathan (Melanie) always pick meaningful names, usually biblical. The other two married sons have gone with meaningful middle names with first names they just like. How rebellious!

Simon Peter was one character in the bible. 

Anna Marie's next step in treatment:

"Now that Simon Peter is here, things can be better planned for Anna Marie’s treatment. One surgeon recommended about 4 weeks of healing before she undergoes surgery. They also have a consult with another surgeon on the 29th. Either way, there will be some time before the next step."

• Love 7
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think people definitely have current Jill's hair color in nature.

I don't think they have it with Jill's roots though.  

For comparison, I'm a natural blonde and this is a cropped picture of my bangs. I have never dyed or highlighted my hair. Jill and I are close in age, as well. I do fill in my eyebrows with light makeup, because they are virtually invisible. 

20200120_072350.jpg

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I know I’m being judge, but I do not understand this fundie “glamour shot of mom holding hospitalized infant” trend. You’re there because your kid is seriously ill, not because you just won a Mary Kay makeover drawing while you were out at bingo with the girls. 

I don't understand it either, and it makes me deeply uncomfortable. I am not a parent, but I have been the go-between responsible for updating a bunch of relatives and friends about someone's status in a hospital. It's so stressful to be in that situation of having a loved one there. I cannot imagine how much worse it would be for a normal parent who is worried about their child. It's unfathomable to me that someone in that situation would feel the need to photograph their child or themselves or to make the updates all about them.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I know I’m being judge, but I do not understand this fundie “glamour shot of mom holding hospitalized infant” trend. You’re there because your kid is seriously ill, not because you just won a Mary Kay makeover drawing while you were out at bingo with the girls. 

I don’t think this is so much a “fundie” trend, but more of an instagram influencer wannabe trend. I have seen several other people do this very same thing and they are far from fundie. I think part of the problem is we live in a society where people feel if they don’t document, post, and share every single thing, it didn’t happen. 

While I don’t understand posting pictures of you holding your hospitalized child, I DO understand using social media to update on their condition. My sister (an adult) had a terminal illness. She was diagnosed at age 10. At 31, she was fighting for her life, and was constantly getting phone calls, texts, etc, wanting updates on how she was doing. Answering that many people daily was not only tiring, but it was taking time away from how she wanted to spend her time - with her very young daughter. She created a Facebook page and could post 1 update for thousands of people at once. It didn’t completely stop people from contact her, but it gave them an outlet to read how her days were, They could comment or message her with well wishes And she could read or respond at her convenience, if she did at all. I wish my parents had been able to do the same when she was a child and would spend months at a time in the hospital, but I don’t even think we had internet during those days. Haha!

• Love 13

As a parent of a now adult child who has had many health issues since toddlerhood, we never overshared. SM wasn't around during our child's early years, but it is now. Less than a year ago my husband and I spent many hours in the ED and in the hospital after being admitted, supporting our kid. Not one of the three of us posted anything on SM. Nor did we the time 3 months prior, or 2 years ago, etc.

When our child was younger, we shared info on a need to know basis. Local family, family in other states, schools, friends, coaches, etc were told what we felt as parents they should be told and eventually who our child wanted to tell.

It turns out that this particular child is kind of private, something we could have never known during the younger years.

I remember driving home from the hospital one night many, many years ago. It was summer and there was some outdoor celebration happening. I thought to myself, my kid is so sick, how can the world keep on, keeping on, during this time. So ya, the last thing I would think of is - who can I tell.

I don't know what goes on in the minds of folks who do post pics of their kids when sick. Are they looking for sympathy? Are they doing an 'easy share' all at once? Are they so unconcerned that it's the same as showing a dinner? But I do have friends that do post it and obviously the Fundy families we discuss do it too.

But these parents and grandparents better watch out. When their child(ren) gets older, if they turn out to be private like my child, the parents and grandparents might be filled with regret.

• Love 20

I have no kids so what do I know, but I think that posting about your kids life online is problematic.

First, the kids are not giving consent to have their private lives become public.

Second, you don't know who's watching. I would not be surprised that predators are looking at these pictures. But, even if it's just regular people, do you want your classmates to find out that you shat your pant when you were 4?

I think kids have a right to their privacy.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I have no kids so what do I know, but I think that posting about your kids life online is problematic.

First, the kids are not giving consent to have their private lives become public.

Second, you don't know who's watching. I would not be surprised that predators are looking at these pictures. But, even if it's just regular people, do you want your classmates to find out that you shat your pant when you were 4?

I think kids have a right to their privacy.

There is no need to post pictures of your sick child in the hospital.   My sister has had some scares with my neice and nephew,  but she never felt the need to tell all of her followers.   Some things need to stay private.   A smartphone is still a phone that can be used to call or text those who need to know.  A novel concept for the Bateses, and Sierra, and Jilly Rod.  They choose to share this information for sympathy and free shit.  

• Love 9

A good compromise I've seen in respecting privacy but also making it easier to keep numerous people informed is private FB groups that are invitation only. I personally don't want even many close friends and family to get blow-by-blow accounts of how my innards are functioning, but I don't really have a problem with other people giving updates, provided the person updates are about is old enough to consent. My issue is more posting stuff about kids who are not old enough to have a say and the person giving the update making it all about themselves.. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

At least you can't see his teefs? 

That's all I got. 

Yes, he's ugly, but he can't help his teeth or ears. Now, the jelly belly while his kids are emaciated and wearing 1940s homeliness, that's a different story. 

• Love 24

I hope David really is fixing the home kid warehouse between meals and snacks. That's physical labor, after all, and David could use the exercise. 

1 hour ago, Normades said:

Maybe he'll use the tin cup to beg for spare change on the corner.

Oh wait, that's way more effort than he'd ever be willing to put in.

Send one of the female waifs out. Better for business that way. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Because Tessie surely has Instagram.

Tessie is beautiful.  It’s a crying shame that JRod will have her painted up like a $2 hooker by the time she’s 16.  Oh how I wish that I could adopt her and give her the chance to have a great life/future. 😢

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12