Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, drafan said:

Jill demanded  got two Willow Tree collectibles.

the Willow Tree Collectibles the  mom/child one is called Tenderness

Tenderness

Treasuring a rare, quiet and tender moment of motherhood

$40.00

“I tried to capture a quiet moment in time, since they are so rare when you have a young child. At that age, about 18 months — they're their own little person — with a defined personality separate from your own. This is one rare and tender moment together — in sync with each other.” —Susan Lordi

A gift to celebrate new beginnings, new babies, new families… and the loving relationships that develop between parent and child, grandparent and child.

and the other appears to be an anniversary cake topper of some sort

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6

Where is a a figurine called a mother and her starving child? Of course Jill gets an expensive gift which has no use but to collect dust. 

22 minutes ago, Zella said:

LOL Looks like blurry cell phone footage from a kidnap victim. 

Bwahhaa

that’s every one except the parents who kidnapped their kids bright futures.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, drafan said:

That last year's Hobby Lobby plaque was filtered through a thrift shop. The shoes are from the Payless going out of business sale.

The married one got a jean jacket form Jill's closet and the hubby got a Dollar Tree water bottle and what looks like a pair of tights.

The little girl got a mandolin stolen off a street musician while he/she was asleep.

The honey pot was taken from Cracker Barrel. Right off the table.

Jill demanded  got two Willow Tree collectibles.

I know my stuff.

I think the honey pot was stolen from Winnie the Pooh,but what do I know.LOL

• LOL 11

So the married ones got a water bottle and a jeans jacket? Unless there was a thousand dollars tucked away in that water bottle or jeans jacket... keep it. Especially after flying in from Florida and most likely picking up 2 or 12 tabs along the way...

Yes, I am a bit salty. Reminds me of our first married Christmas at my in-laws. Husband’s sister and her husband received matching leather jackets. Husband and I received, from, you know, the same parents that Husband shared with his sister, a welcome mat. Yep. A welcome mat.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yeah I think Nathan is the next Bates to get married. 

That's not a flattering picture. I think he's relatively attractive. I wouldn't be interested, because he's a fundie. I think he's better looking than Zach. 

Yes he's 27. 

How about Katie?  She and Travis seem pretty committed. No idea how old they are. 

6 hours ago, emma675 said:

David does not look healthy. I know it may be the lighting, but he looks pale and has dark circles all around his eyes. And I say this as a naturally pale person with dark circles from allergies. He does not look good. What will Jill do if he has a major health problem that incapacitates or kills him? I can't see her royal highness stooping to work and none of her kids have any real skills. 

I doubt he makes any income anyway, so no loss financially!  Agree she wouldn’t work- I’m sure the churches they grift from would up their love offerings for a widow with 13 kids!

26 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I lasted a whole 4 minutes of his podcast, lol. I had never heard his speaking voice before..oh my goodness..😮

What on earth could he possibly have to say??  I don’t think I could stomach listening to him to find out. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It’s 43 minutes long! LOL. I lasted 55 seconds.

I threw my phone on the bed and let him prattle on for a few minutes. I get the impression that like his mother, he thinks of himself as a very special snowflake. He's an arrogant fool.

• Love 7

Sweet baby Jesus the way he talks is irritating. He is trying to be a little preacher soldier just like MAMA wants,

He should have stayed in Wisconsin even being homeless, but being away from Jill is better. My lord she is a nut job.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, awaken said:

How about Katie?  She and Travis seem pretty committed. No idea how old they are. 

She's 20 and he's 19. He's still in school, but maybe that won't matter. She's very immature. I'm not sure it will work out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What up with Tim's layers indoors? He's wearing a dress shirt, sweater, hoodie and jacket.

If you watch his mouth, he looks like someone with a new tongue piercing. I certainly don't think he has one, but his moves his tongue in an odd way.

Are all Fundy sermons, podcasts and talks about human failure? Or is that a Rod thing?

I can't imagine living a life damning myself for basically being human. But then again, the Rods are never talking about themselves, are they. They are so Godly their lessons only apply to others.

JillR steals, lies about others, is jealous of others, idolizes things and doesn't honor the Sabbath. She's pretty much running at 50% on a daily basis, yet she's convinced herself she'll get VIP treatment in heaven. If there is a heaven, I have no doubt there's a special place for the JRods. Its just not the section they're aiming for.

• Love 10

He’s wearing four layers of clothing in that video. Four!!!

Lack of proper insulation in the Barndo isn’t a shocker for any of us, but FOUR layers?!?! I wonder how many of the Rodlets only wanted the furnace to be turned on for Christmas?

I hate that bitch.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What up with Tim's layers indoors? He's wearing a dress shirt, sweater, hoodie and jacket.

If you watch his mouth, he looks like someone with a new tongue piercing. I certainly don't think he has one, but his moves his tongue in an odd way.

Are all Fundy sermons, podcasts and talks about human failure? Or is that a Rod thing?

I can't imagine living a life damning myself for basically being human. But then again, the Rods are never talking about themselves, are they. They are so Godly their lessons only apply to others.

JillR steals, lies about others, is jealous of others, idolizes things and doesn't honor the Sabbath. She's pretty much running at 50% on a daily basis, yet she's convinced herself she'll get VIP treatment in heaven. If there is a heaven, I have no doubt there's a special place for the JRods. Its just not the section they're aiming for.

Yes,lots of reprimands for Jill! I picture God shaking his finger at her.LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Lack of proper insulation in the Barndo isn’t a shocker for any of us, but FOUR layers?!?! I wonder how many of the Rodlets only wanted the furnace to be turned on for Christmas?

I hate that bitch.

I noticed the layers as well. I'm fairly certain that wasn't filmed at the Rod home. Tim is in front of concrete bricks, as far as I noticed the Rod home is all wood.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2

Re: Tim's preaching video....aside from a lisp, he speaks just like his sister, Nurie. Tim should have had speech therapy to lose the lisp. I'm sorry for him; he has a weak voice for a man. Those kids were not exposed to other people in the world...they speak just like their mother, the only one they actually heard speak. I have never heard their father speak. 

• Love 10

Below is the area of the Rod house they currently use as their living room and laundry room. If you look where the ladder is, the depth of the space they have their stuff crammed into, is about two and a half of those wall panels (up to the second window) on the side. The length is the entire back wall. The spread of a ladder isn't that wide, so I'm guessing the space is about 8' x 12'. I guess the photo of the original barndo didn't stay open - it turned into a link.

5dd174cafb576f94f61d2bec3ba92afd-uncropp

133311073_2763453787226290_2443522332174

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, drafan said:

That last year's Hobby Lobby plaque was filtered through a thrift shop. The shoes are from the Payless going out of business sale.

Yep. That Christmas plaque was likely some crap that Jill bought to clutter her already cluttered bathroom but then at the last minute, realized she didn’t have anything to give Timmy. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Below is the area of the Rod house they currently use as their living room and laundry room. If you look where the ladder is, the depth of the space they have their stuff crammed into, is about two and a half of those wall panels (up to the second window) on the side. The length is the entire back wall. The spread of a ladder isn't that wide, so I'm guessing the space is about 8' x 12'. I guess the photo of the original barndo didn't stay open - it turned into a link.

At least they have a high ceiling.Not much else I can say about it

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I listened to Tim's "chat." A couple glasses of wine made the mission possible.

At one point, there is noise in the background, including a barking dog, and he says he's at work. Tim has a paying job in addition to Cleaning Gutters for Jesus. I hope he's off the clock to spend 45 minutes recording a sermon at his place of employment. 

Tim is a mini-Jill. He has her vocal inflections and and facial expressions. He also has a pretty strong lisp. 

At one point, he drops his bible and all his papers and pictures of friends fall on the floor. He says he prays for his friends. Maybe the girl in Wisconsin has a photo in Tim's bible. 

At the end, he plays a recording of a song (probably the fam singing) and tries to sing along with it. He couldn't pull it off when he was filming video for his album, and he can't manage it here. His and the recorded voices don't mesh. 

Poor Tim. I hope Jill didn't get him stiff plastic shoes for Christmas in addition to that awful plaque. His preaching sounds painful enough without his having to wear tight shoes to church. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12

also in the living area, laundry, beauty parlor station, print shop area they showed Phillip (or sammers) got a table saw for christmas that is now also in that big open area. seems the saw dust would be a problem with the printing machinery.

also why is gabriel posing with a rifle next to a twin mattress on the floor? the boy bedroom shown after reno had a set of bunk beds and another twin bed that was part of a bunk set in the W Virginia house. the boy's room also had a some dressers and a desk. the room was packed wall to wall. baseboard heat covered.

the girl bedroom was also crammed full but seemed to have a bed for everyone and Nurie has moved out. so why is there a mattress for someone on the floor?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my god you nailed it with the tongue piercing comment. That's exactly how I talked for a few days after I got my tongue pierced (20 years ago, and it's long gone now, RIP awesome rebellious "season of life"). 

I have never heard Tim Rod talk before, and I lasted all of 10 seconds. I need to go shower now. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

also in the living area, laundry, beauty parlor station, print shop area they showed Phillip (or sammers) got a table saw for christmas that is now also in that big open area. seems the saw dust would be a problem with the printing machinery.

also why is gabriel posing with a rifle next to a twin mattress on the floor? the boy bedroom shown after reno had a set of bunk beds and another twin bed that was part of a bunk set in the W Virginia house. the boy's room also had a some dressers and a desk. the room was packed wall to wall. baseboard heat covered.

the girl bedroom was also crammed full but seemed to have a bed for everyone and Nurie has moved out. so why is there a mattress for someone on the floor?

Maybe Nurthan needed the RV for their stay so Timmy has to sleep on the twin mattress in the boys' dorm.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, beckie said:

Anybody have any guesses on how long Timbits will continue to do his 'podcast'?

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Until MAMA says stop.

2. Until he gets fired for preaching instead of working and loses his "studio." 

3. Until his eight listeners fall asleep. 

4. About as long as his career as a recording star lasted. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, beckie said:

Anybody have any guesses on how long Timbits will continue to do his 'podcast'?

about as long as his music career lasted, or as long as the christlike handyman service will last.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

2. Until he gets fired for preaching instead of working and loses his "studio." 

3. Until his eight listeners fall asleep. 

4. About as long as his career as a recording star lasted. 

Wow. You are being very, very generous there...

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 1/1/2021 at 6:53 PM, doodlebug said:

And why would anyone in the entire world give a good goddam whether David drank alcohol or not?  He's a middle aged man, why would it matter if he did have a drink?  Shut up, Jill.

I interpreted it that she was announcing David wasn't drinking the hummingbird food again, although it's the wrong color for that anyway...

• LOL 6
22 hours ago, emma675 said:

David does not look healthy. I know it may be the lighting, but he looks pale and has dark circles all around his eyes. And I say this as a naturally pale person with dark circles from allergies. He does not look good. What will Jill do if he has a major health problem that incapacitates or kills him? I can't see her royal highness stooping to work and none of her kids have any real skills. 

He has the same sallow coloring/dark circles as his children, except his kids' skins are more yellow/gray...but he's got a massive gut compared to his sticklike offspring.  He has the look of an alcoholic whose liver is starting to fail, but that can't be because he only drinks grape juice and hummingbird food.  It pisses me off even extra when you look at the entire family and the only one who has semi-healthy coloring is Jill, but she's also hiding her real skin behind a trowel's worth of Dollar Store foundation, so who knows.

Those kids look like they not only never get a nutritious meal, they also rarely get sun and fresh air. 😞

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This picture is really depressing. Who lives like that (?) That couch looks filthy and no doubt is full of dust and mildew. It looks like it smells nasty. I feel so bad for the children. And I feel like I need a shower now.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

He has the look of an alcoholic whose liver is starting to fail, but that can't be because he only drinks grape juice and hummingbird food. 

Actually, people can get non-alcoholic fatty liver disease from drinking soda and juice in large quantities for a long enough period of time. There are kids with fatty liver disease just from constantly drinking soda and juice. 

And I agree, that’s exactly what he looks like.

• Useful 9
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Bridget said:

I hate that bitch.

FIVE layers.  He also has on an undershirt.

• LOL 3

When did they move into that awful structure? Not too long ago there were pictures of a fairly decent house. David was remodeling the bedrooms and the kitchen wasn't hideous. I can't believe they are living like this. What happened to Timothy's pilot training?  I guess I haven't been keeping up.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When did they move into that awful structure? Not too long ago there were pictures of a fairly decent house. David was remodeling the bedrooms and the kitchen wasn't hideous. I can't believe they are living like this. What happened to Timothy's pilot training?  I guess I haven't been keeping up.

There's been . . . a lot. Pull up a seat. 🙂

giphy.gif

I am not as familiar with the housing situation as some of the other posters, who have done some pretty intensive research on it, but as for Tim, I'm not sure what info you last had. He was at Moody at one point before transferring to a community college in Wisconsin that also had an aviation program. But last year around spring break, I think, he came home, and he never went back. (Someone better with timelines needs to fact-check this. Maybe it was the summer, but I was pretty sure it was around spring break at the same time COVID was also hitting in its first wave.) Then over the summer, Jill announced he had moved to be with them but wasn't living with them (there's talk about him in an RV on or near their property) and was working. She also claimed he was taking classes, but I don't think of any of us believed her. Since then, Tim has done a fair amount of dabbling, including releasing some ear-punishing music and starting his own local odd-job business for which he posted reviews of his own business. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I went back to when they bought this barndominium. Someone posted the real estate description showing it is 1300 square ft, 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. And how many people live there? 

It's 1300 sf of LIVING space, plus 1200 industrial. They just made the industrial space somewhat livable. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the shirt Tim is wearing in the pic with the shoes and plaque is from this company

https://www.environmentcontrol.com/northeast-ohio-overview-4.html\

i think godly handyman has a job there - or he did. logo is the same.

nothing wrong with that at all, but give it up Jill. Tim is not working and being debt free with his own business

IIRC Tim worked for Environment Control in Spokane during his first semester at Moody. Maybe he was rehired in Ohio.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

He has the same sallow coloring/dark circles as his children, except his kids' skins are more yellow/gray...but he's got a massive gut compared to his sticklike offspring.  He has the look of an alcoholic whose liver is starting to fail, but that can't be because he only drinks grape juice and hummingbird food.  It pisses me off even extra when you look at the entire family and the only one who has semi-healthy coloring is Jill, but she's also hiding her real skin behind a trowel's worth of Dollar Store foundation, so who knows.

Those kids look like they not only never get a nutritious meal, they also rarely get sun and fresh air. 😞

I also think they’re suffering from chronic exhaustion. I doubt that Jill is any more interested in comfortable beds or regular bedtimes for her children than the Duggars are. I suspect that the kids just wander around aimlessly until they collapse into a fitful sleep that doesn’t leave them genuinely rested.

• Love 1

Jacob Wilson and his girlfriend Lundyn Smith welcomed a baby boy on New Year's Eve. John-William Turner Wilson was born on December 31. The baby will go by Turner.

Jacob is son of Duggar family friend the late Clark Wilson. He and Lundyn are both ex-fundie, although they haven't changed much. 

Jacob was also rumored to be dating Jana at one point, which he denied. 

• Useful 5
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jacob Wilson and his girlfriend Lundyn Smith welcomed a baby boy on New Year's Eve. John-William Turner Wilson was born on December 31. The baby will go by Turner.

Jacob is son of Duggar family friend the late Clark Wilson. He and Lundyn are both ex-fundie, although they haven't changed much. 

Jacob was also rumored to be dating Jana at one point, which he denied. 

Having a non marital child is a big deal for a former Fundy I would think. I know Anna’s sister Susanna had a child before she got married. 

• Love 4

Re: Tim's preaching video....aside from a lisp, he speaks just like his sister, Nurie. Tim should have had speech therapy to lose the lisp. I'm sorry for him; he has a weak voice for a man. Those kids were not exposed to other people in the world...they speak just like their mother, the only one they actually heard speak. I have never heard their father speak. 

I still believe that those dark circles under the Rodrigues' childrens' eyes are due to lack of sleep and inadequate nutrition. Earlier on another site, I posted that if you look at the early Duggar children photos and video footage, Jill, Jessa and Jinger had those same kinds of dark circles under their eyes. It is disturbing to me to think that any of those children are overworked, underfed and whatever they were given to eat lacked proper nutrition. I think those parents work their children until they almost drop. Someone needs to do the same to them. It's telling to me that when the Duggar 'money train' began to pull in to the station and TLC sent in a cleaning crew to clean that filthy TTH they live in, the girls lost those dark circles..all due to eating better food, being taken out to restaurants during filming and less housework for them to do. I fear not much can save those Rodriguez children.

• Love 2

Considering how public she makes her family on social media, and the fact that CPS has investigated them before, I wonder if the family is already in the system and how difficult it would be to have them investigated again.  That stupid barndo alone has to be a major fire hazard, unfit for the number of people that are crammed in there.

• Love 1