Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

ok, someone help me figure this out. in two of the before pics it shows the doorway to that small blue bedroom the 3 boys share. in the after pics there is a pantry and a cabinet and no doorway to the bedroom. am I seeing that right? do the boys go through the pantry to get to their room?

2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

ok, someone help me figure this out. in two of the before pics it shows the doorway to that small blue bedroom the 3 boys share. in the after pics there is a pantry and a cabinet and no doorway to the bedroom. am I seeing that right? do the boys go through the pantry to get to their room?

Probably. Rod design defies logic.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

She's got my fridge.  Where did the money come from for all of this?

Mine too.  I just  bought mine and it was expensive.  Where DID the money come from?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

According to FundieWiki, the Shraders have been in Zambia since 2013 or 2014, so if they were really only going for 7 years, that time is about up.  I couldn't find anything about them coming back, though. I do recall some FreeJinger posters thinking that the kids would have to be sent back to the U.S. when they turned eighteen, though (something about it being illegal to stay under their parents' visas and hard to get one of their own), which would be January 2021 for their oldest son, and March 2022 for their oldest daughter.

I hope there is never a Shrader/ Rodrigues union, because there'd be no escaping either the grifting or the crazy... 

But then Jill could write the music to John's poems . 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I think they added a wall? In the before pictures there do not seem to be any angles to the wall, but in the after photo with the pantry door it looks like the wall makes a turn and then goes into the hallway.

I don't know, I try to figure out the revised floorplan every time Jill posts these remodel photos and I can't make sense of it.

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 4

See Jill got new flooring as well.  I'm sure she didn't buy used hardwood flooring at a garage sale and then have Babe install it with a borrowed floor nailer like we did.  But hey, I like to feed my kids and give them a good life unlike some people.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

(Jill must have forgotten to turn comments off. I can say with confidence, she will.)

Since the comments are off now, can you please give me a synopsis on what they said? I SEVERELY want to know.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • LOL 5

And now a message from Steve Maxwell: Marshmallow Men

"A marshmallow man is soft, squishy, and not very tough. I think that might describe me, and I’m guessing a lot (the majority?) of Christians. Of course, we don’t want to think of ourselves that way. 

I recently read about the abuse Paul suffered at the hands of those who hated Jesus Christ. That brother in Christ suffered beating, upon humiliating beating, likely providing great entertainment for spectators to enjoy. Reading that he received, “stripes above measure” (countless, excessively, beyond number), my cringing reaction showed my softness.  

“… in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness” (2 Corinthians 11:23-27). 

How deep is the passion of our hearts to share Jesus Christ with a lost and dying world? People are headed for eternity in hell all around us, and most consider themselves to be a “good person.” Are we telling them hell will be filled with “good people”? Everyone needs the Savior, Jesus Christ."

7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Since the comments are off now, can you please give me a synopsis on what they said? I SEVERELY want to know.

There were only 10 at the time. One asked if the children were allowed access to the food in the pantry. Others commented on that.

Funny Jill didn’t show the interior  of the pantry.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I heard somewhere that Ashley Salyer married? Anyone know who she married?

Guy's a Penn graduate, in finance, famous for trying really really hard throughout his college years to boost the fortunes of the pro-life movement on that campus.

13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

She even put fake flowers/baskets on top of the cabinets . I’m sneezing just looking at that.

And flowers (etc) behind the coffeemaker....

Makes me think there are probably knickknacks arranged under the couch.

• LOL 18
12 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Amish contractors don't work cheap and they can't be browbeaten into giving out freebies. Those cabinets cost bank.

It just pisses me off.  She loves to say "god is SO good" when she gets something. She is so materialistic.

If she was getting custom built cabinets, why wouldn't she have gotten them built all the way up to the ceiling?  It looks better and gives a ton more storage space.  Of course, then there wouldn't have been room for all the dust catching fake flower arrangements on top of the cabinets which will be coated with greasy, dusty goo in no time.  Also, why did she choose the antiqued finish which looks dirty, not antique?  And why would she want a cabinet with a frosted glass front placed randomly up over the microwave?  

They might've gotten a deal on 'custom' Amish cabinets left over from another job which is not uncommon in these parts.  The Amish do nice carpentry as long as you choose the experienced ones.  Getting overstocks might explain how they were able to afford 'custom' cabinets and why their 'custom' cabinets are kinda odd.  

Jill must've heard that the key to good home design is to cover every surface in junky tchotchkes.  Either that, or it's just part of her pathology.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

They might've gotten a deal on 'custom' Amish cabinets left over from another job which is not uncommon in these parts.  The Amish do nice carpentry as long as you choose the experienced ones.  Getting overstocks might explain how they were able to afford 'custom' cabinets and why their 'custom' cabinets are kinda odd.  

That was my thought too. I didn't spend much time with the photos but as noted, it's not what I'd consider a "custom" kitchen. And all that cr@p that's "decorating" every. cubic. inch. of the place? Makes me squirmy. Ick.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And flowers (etc) behind the coffeemaker....

Makes me think there are probably knickknacks arranged under the couch.

Not every empty space needs something on it, Jill.  Plastic flowers placed behind a coffeemaker and near an electrical outlet, for example...that might just be considered a space that needs nothing else on it?  But I'm not an interior designer.

And no way does Jill spend time dusting the plethora of tchotchkes that inhabit every spare corner of her house.  My guess is that this is the first chore that her children learn to do to keep mommy happy.  So like once they turn three, they learn what a feather duster is and how to use it.

Is it odd that I am weirdly fascinated with scrutinizing each picture and counting the fire hazards?  It's almost like a game of Where's Waldo - The Goodwill/Garage Sale Edition.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

(Jill must have forgotten to turn comments off. I can say with confidence, she will.)

Wonder when code enforcement will come knocking.

Was Jill able to save any of the Amish?

• LOL 10

I’m assuming they paid for this with the sale of their house. We have to consider they sold a house that seemed to be gifted to them, so unless they shared those profits, they were able to pocket all the proceeds of the house, excluding any taxes, realtor fees, yada yada yada. And as I mentioned before, Shrek is pretty handy so he and maybe some of the boys probably did the work themselves.  Laminate countertops aren’t hard to install, we know he could install the appliances, and if he also hung the cabinets, it probably wasn’t too expensive.  You can also get nice looking cabinets from Barton’s Surplus Warehouse, or places like Cabinets to Go at decent prices if you’re willing to assemble and hang them yourself.  

I can’t knock anyone for wanting to provide a nice looking environment for their family because the wealthy and upper middle class don’t have exclusive rights to updated decor.  I can and will judge the shit out of you for being an arrogant, self-righteous bigot with a persecution complex and narcissistic personality disorder who pimps out and dumbs down your malnourished children for your own selfish agenda.  Shrek really should have put those carpentry skills to better use to provide for his family instead of playing with construction paper all day.  And Jill should have gotten off her ass a long time ago and brought in a check to help support the family.  This isn’t all on Shrek. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Very interesting and has struck a chord with me.  We moved to another state to a bigger house.  Just the two of us.  We got rid of a huge amount of things before we moved.  We didn't buy any new furniture for this house.  I call it "sparsely furnished" but has soft edges and is comfortable for us.  We put a lot of maybes in the basement.  Recently we made a pile of all that since we have never wanted it.  Waiting for someone to come get it.  Sadly Jill probably won't ever get the feeling of being okay with herself enough to eliminate her useless clutter.  it must serve a purpose inside her head.

• Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually did the research.  I remembered us talking about Jill and her Pamper Mamma party when she was pregnant with Janessa and how Jill had a perfume on her registry.  Unfortunately I had to do a deep dive into both her Instagram and Facebook to find the date.  I do not recommend this.  Even with scrolling, you are still subjected to all of her posts from the last 2 1/2 years.  I was surprised to find out that the fragrance in question was Calvin Klein Eternity.  Given Jill's background, I would have though anything Calvin would be verboten in the Noyes household.  Jill was sheltered, but those Brooke Shields ads in the 80s and the Marky Mark ads in the 90s should have popped up on her radar. 

The notes for Eternity also don't seem very Jill-like.  I just don't picture Jill wearing a perfume with notes of lily-of-the-valley, green notes, or carnation.  It's too tame for her.  I see her wearing a bolder white floral scent reminiscent of Dior Poison and Estee Lauder Beautiful, or something fruity like Lancome Tresor.   

NO!! Dior Poison is my favorite of all, Mr. Face just brought me home a new bottle!! 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I can’t knock anyone for wanting to provide a nice looking environment for their family because the wealthy and upper middle class don’t have exclusive rights to updated decor.  I can and will judge the shit out of you for being an arrogant, self-righteous bigot with a persecution complex and narcissistic personality disorder who pimps out and dumbs down your malnourished children for your own selfish agenda.  Shrek really should have put those carpentry skills to better use to provide for his family instead of playing with construction paper all day.  And Jill should have gotten off her ass a long time ago and brought in a check to help support the family.  This isn all on Shrek. 

Very well said! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I can’t knock anyone for wanting to provide a nice looking environment for their family because the wealthy and upper middle class don’t have exclusive rights to updated decor.  I can and will judge the shit out of you for being an arrogant, self-righteous bigot with a persecution complex and narcissistic personality disorder who pimps out and dumbs down your malnourished children for your own selfish agenda.  Shrek really should have put those carpentry skills to better use to provide for his family instead of playing with construction paper all day.  And Jill should have gotten off her ass a long time ago and brought in a check to help support the family.  This isn all on Shrek. 

Also the nice-looking kitchen may add value to the house and help yield a higher price when Jill sells the house in 2-3 years. Whoever buys that house better have a very careful home-inspection. 

That lighting fixture over the island is really ugly. I also dislike the exposed wood blacksplash. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Also the nice-looking kitchen may add value to the house and help yield a higher price when Jill sells the house in 2-3 years. Whoever buys that house better have a very careful home-inspection. 

That lighting fixture over the island is really ugly. I also dislike the exposed wood blacksplash. 

Not only are the electrical, plumbing, and sewer setup questionable, the layout of this house seems very strange. I can't see such an oddity of a house being in demand, but there's a pot for every lid. The Rods will move when they get restless, run out of grifts, or cause trouble with the church and/or the local government. I hear Florida is welcoming, and Nurie will need help with her babies. 

The printshop equipment must be expensive to move. They'd probably move more often if it weren't for that. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Temperance said:

the plugged in spot light thing over the little cafe/patio furniture table with 2 chairs in the kitchen area made me laugh. is that for courting or for Jill and david's dates. in  a house with 14 ish people that is so crazy

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Not every empty space needs something on it, Jill.  Plastic flowers placed behind a coffeemaker and near an electrical outlet, for example...that might just be considered a space that needs nothing else on it?  But I'm not an interior designer.

And no way does Jill spend time dusting the plethora of tchotchkes that inhabit every spare corner of her house.  My guess is that this is the first chore that her children learn to do to keep mommy happy.  So like once they turn three, they learn what a feather duster is and how to use it.

Is it odd that I am weirdly fascinated with scrutinizing each picture and counting the fire hazards?  It's almost like a game of Where's Waldo - The Goodwill/Garage Sale Edition.

I do the same. Count how many fire hazards do I find.

• LOL 3

I kind of like the lights over the island, a little industrial. The lights over the kitchen sink are odd, they look like bathroom lighting. OMG, I didn't even notice the little cafe seating area, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I kind of like the lights over the island, a little industrial. The lights over the kitchen sink are odd, they look like bathroom lighting. OMG, I didn't even notice the little cafe seating area, lol.

Can Shrekzilla even fit in that tiny cafe chair? I picture him and Jillzilla sitting there stuffing their faces while their servants/kids serve them 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Wait, look at the 8th picture and someone tell me what's wrong with that white light switch next to the wood door?? It looks like it's bending. Who does that?

It looks like the door frame has been notched to fit the light switch plate or the plate is on a box that sticks out and the frame was notched for that. Either way, the light switch is behind the door when the door slides open. Nice work, David. 

Not only did the fridge comes with the house, it looks as if the electric fireplace in the new dining room did too. I bet that overhead heater is as noisy as a train and now fairly useless with the space closed in. 

The prize in the kitchen for me is the plastic Christmas lights and plastic flower arrangement behind the coffeemaker and the Give me Jesus and Coffee in the Morning sign to the left. I though Jill liked to have Shrek in the morning. 

Tim appears to be trying his hand at flower arranging. Good for him. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I don’t want to picture Jill and Dave horny in the morning lol

Well, he's probably so full from his massive dinner that he falls asleep early and isn't available. Maybe Jill requires some attention before she lets him out for breakfast. 

• LOL 2