Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I agree that it's unkind to hassle the lady who found Snuggles. But I seriously doubt Jill or David could be put to the trouble of fighting to get her back. 

I'm guessing Jill would would post a video of her and the kids crying and pretending to care Snuggles was gone so she could score some attention and maybe a love offering or two, but that would be the extent of it. If anyone cared enough about that dog to be willing to fight to get her back, they wouldn't have driven off without her the way they did.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I really feel bad for the woman who found Snuggles the Dog.  All she did was find a dog and search for it's owners, and now she's in the middle of some kind of crazy flame war. 

If Snuggles required medical treatment due to injury or exposure to the high temperatures Spokane has been experiencing, I'm sure the finder would have taken the dog to a vet and the local pound would have stepped in to find the owners and ascertain if they should get the dog back.  But the finder didn't see any signs of the dog having been mistreated or neglected, so she opted to keep the dog with her and look for the owners.

The Rods have claimed the dog and it's theirs by law.  People harrassing the finder online to tell her that the Rods are horrible people and shouldn't be given the dog back isn't helping in any way.  What do these internet stranges expect the woman to do?  Tell the Rods that it's not their dog after all and shove off?  Hide the dog or give it away and then claim that it ran off again?  We'd see her and the Rods fighting it out on The Peoples Court and she'd lose. 

I know and agree, those people are a little bit off, one of them is even mad towards the rescuer, that she got blocked by the rescuer.  Loved JillR's response though, hilariously and tellingly she told a critic their "site" was bad and evil (or something to that effect), by which I assumed she meant the person's Facebook, as I couldn't see any links to a "website".

Well, I then visited the person's Facebook, and it looks pretty normal to me, except for the fact that... the person in question is quite clearly coming from the point of view of someone who has been through life with a narcissistic mother, and has several posts calling out narcissist mothers, hence how I could tell. 

JillR Pot, meet Daughter of Kettle, lol.

• Love 16
20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Am I the only one thinking Snuggles makes a run for it as soon as David lets her out to go potty?

The poor thing is probably half-starved and takes any opportunity to scavenge for food.

• Love 14
22 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

#FREESNUGGLES

Don't give her back. They can't even take care of all their kids let alone a poor defenseless animal.

In my perfect world the Rods come to pick up the dog and find CPS waiting for them to check out the conditions in the stink bus. 

• Love 19

She got roasted on that lost pets page, rightly so. I'm sure she's all upset and feeling prosecuted and all that. What a despiccable piece of human detrius that one is.

I hope that Timothy can make a bit of a life for himself, away from her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

In my perfect world the Rods come to pick up the dog and find CPS waiting for them to check out the conditions in the stink bus. 

Yasssss!!

51 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I hope that Timothy can make a bit of a life for himself, away from her.

A life filled with real love, compassion, no brainwashing and FOOD!!!!!!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 8

It will be interesting to see what Timothy looks like after a year in school. I'm curious to see if he'll gain weight and lose some of the unhealthy-looking yellow tinge to his skin. If he doesn't, then maybe the children aren't underfed, just naturally extremely skinny. 

• Love 8

Well, I didn't get a good look at the equipment, but I did see - harnesses and helmets on both boys.  2 people to catch them at the end.  Someone in a boat with the "fun" game of squirting them with water but is actually there in case of emergency to get the boys out of the lake.  No clue what condition the rope is in, but, well, it's miles above their cooking skills.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It looks to be a professional set up to me, but I'm not sure. Who are those people?

The narrator is David Waller, Anna's BIL. aka The Fabulous David Waller and the Pecan Thief. The boys are his son Paul and Smuganna's son Marcus. They are both about five years old.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Update: I drove over to Tim Rodrigues's chosen church Sunday morning, shortly before the service was to start, but there was no sign of the family's motorhome. So I didn't go in.  I thought about driving back to check out the Sunday evening service, but got involved with my own life (ha ha) and didn't make it back.  So I feel kinda sad that I'll probably never get the chance again to get up close to the Rodrigueses or get to see them perform. Actually, if Tim stays at Moody Aviation for several years, surely they'll all make it back at some point. For his graduation at least.  

According to photos, the family went to the Oregon coast late last week and seemingly through the weekend. I just can't figure out how they can afford the gas for that stinkbus!

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Update: I drove over to Tim Rodrigues's chosen church Sunday morning, shortly before the service was to start, but there was no sign of the family's motorhome. So I didn't go in.  I thought about driving back to check out the Sunday evening service, but got involved with my own life (ha ha) and didn't make it back.  So I feel kinda sad that I'll probably never get the chance again to get up close to the Rodrigueses or get to see them perform. Actually, if Tim stays at Moody Aviation for several years, surely they'll all make it back at some point. For his graduation at least.  

According to photos, the family went to the Oregon coast late last week and seemingly through the weekend. I just can't figure out how they can afford the gas for that stinkbus!

So did they pick up their dog?

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, beckie said:

I wonder what they'd do if one of their kids accidentally (on purpose) wandered off before they left, and they didn't notice until later?

They’d probably take it as a sign from God since Mary and Joseph accidentally left Jesus at the temple in Jerusalem when he was just a boy.  And Stormy Jill is no Mary.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

According to the finder's post in the above thread, the Rods picked the dog up at about 9 pm Monday. Outrageous to wait that late.

In the photo JillR posted, it looks like the lady who found the dog is holding up a gift bag, Since she's showing it to the camera, I presume Jill R actually gave her a reward for finding the dog.  Of course, it's probably some Plexus and a copy of their CD.  No way the Rods give her something of real value.  Knowing them, they probably tried to grift a donation for gas money from her.

• Love 21

Just catching up a bit on instagram, seems Zach & Whitney were expecting and she miscarried.  I hadn't heard this, she said it was announced a the vow renewal then she soon lost the baby. I think we were all expecting them to be 2 and done. Hate that for her/them, I've never experienced this but can't imagine the heartbreak.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

In the photo JillR posted, it looks like the lady who found the dog is holding up a gift bag, Since she's showing it to the camera, I presume Jill R actually gave her a reward for finding the dog.  Of course, it's probably some Plexus and a copy of their CD.  No way the Rods give her something of real value.  Knowing them, they probably tried to grift a donation for gas money from her.

And a copy of the "right" version of the bible not the heathen version of course.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, louannems said:

They are supposedly returning for the dog August 13th. So it sounds like they are going to miss Sunday church!

This is the 2nd time the Rods have driven off without Snuggles, their poor doggie.  Evidently, David just opens the RV door to let it out to pee and it wanders off.  With all their hordes of kids, no one can leash up Snuggle and give the dog a proper walk???

Can someone tell these assholes that the dog ran off from them and then just keep him?  I don't think this family should have any furry creatures (or fish or lizards, you get the drift).  You can tell how good a person is by how they treat their pets.  I think we all know how good these people are.

• Love 8
On 8/11/2018 at 12:19 AM, Wishing Well said:

So basically a woman named Jess found the dog, and JRod went in with her usual BS and says she will be back Monday to reunite with the dog.  If I lost my dog...I can’t with this puta.  People are calling her out on her shenangians, talking about her kids, the stink bus, the past dog issues...the woman who found the dog looks like she thinks they’re all nuts and says she will go talk to Jill on Monday and if the Rods don’t want or can’t keep the dog, she will take him in.  The admin is deleting some of the comments about JRod’s other stuff.  Jill is posting and reposting the same comment about us hating Jesus

I think I am gonna have to check this out...

• Love 1

I think I'd be more sympathetic to the Rods if say, the dog had slipped out of their yard because one of the kids forgot to latch a gate. That's an honest mistake and happens quite frequently. I wouldn't necessarily consider them negligent owners in that scenario. But for 14 people in a crammed RV to just drive off and not realize the dog was missing?! They obviously don't care about Snuggles that much if she wasn't automatically included in the head count before they left.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

According to the finder's post in the above thread, the Rods picked the dog up at about 9 pm Monday. Outrageous to wait that late.

Since the photo JillRod posted is daylight, it seems it wasn't as late as 9 pm, even though that's what a comment time-stamp implied. But I don't want to spread false info, so I'm not sure when they showed up for Snuggles.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2114133218825020&id=100006850878192&set=p.2114133218825020&source=47 

• Love 1

Wow, very interesting she chose Whitney to be a bridesmaid over Erin and Michael.

The wedding party is "normal people sized". I like that they seemed to choose people they're truly close to as opposed to enrolling every sibling, in-law and acquaintance they've had over the last five years. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, very interesting she chose Whitney to be a bridesmaid over Erin and Michael.

The wedding party is "normal people sized". I like that they seemed to choose people they're truly close to as opposed to enrolling every sibling, in-law and acquaintance they've had over the last five years. 

It makes sense that Trace, Carlin and Katie are in the wedding party as they are closest in age to Josie. But she also left off Tori who is between Josie and Alyssa in age, while choosing Alyssa to be her maid of honor. (The site lists her as maid of honor but I believe it should be matron of honor since Alyssa is married.) 

• Love 2

IIRC Josie and Alyssa shared a room when the family renovated their home. Alyssa wasn’t and probably still isn’t fond of crowding. Maybe Josie is an introvert and gravitated towards Alyssa. Most likely I’m wrong. ?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

It makes sense that Trace, Carlin and Katie are in the wedding party as they are closest in age to Josie. But she also left off Tori who is between Josie and Alyssa in age, while choosing Alyssa to be her maid of honor. (The site lists her as maid of honor but I believe it should be matron of honor since Alyssa is married.) 

Maybe Tori doesn't want to be in the wedding.  When is her baby due?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Maybe she wants sleeveless bridesmaid dresses and she knows Alyssa and Whitney will go along with it. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2018 at 7:50 AM, Albanyguy said:

The poor thing is probably half-starved and takes any opportunity to scavenge for food.

When you think of how gaunt the kids look, it makes you wonder how much food they give their poor dog!

On 8/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Is this really safe? 

The setup looks pretty professional and safe. And wasn't that Smuggar trying to hide in the hat and sunglasses? Ugh.

On 8/14/2018 at 7:47 AM, doodlebug said:

Probably some tracts from the printing press along with the Plexus sample and CD. A SPECIAL BLESSING for the recipient!

5 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Even though I know it's all antiquated language and a woman's title shouldn't have to change based on her marital status in 2018, it still bugs me when people get this wrong. Similarly, I am all for the "Ms." salutation and the notion that a woman's courtesy title shouldn't have to vary depending on marital status, but it bugged me to no end when Anna used to say "Miss Duggar" about Michelle. Miss is just plain wrong!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So is the sister’s name Michael or Michaela? Not snarking on your post, but I always see it written as Michael and just think there’s no way these clowns named a girl a masculine biblical name like”Michael.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

So is the sister’s name Michael or Michaela? Not snarking on your post, but I always see it written as Michael and just think there’s no way these clowns named a girl a masculine biblical name like”Michael.  

Oh, no the geniuses that were Gil and Kelly originally named her Michal after one of King David's wives in the Bible, then they read about her and decided they didn't like what they read so they wanted to change her name. Reading about her before naming their daughter after her apparently never crossed their minds. But it cost money if you changed the name. It didn't cost anything to add one letter. So they added one letter and her name became Michael. Except most people assumed Michael was a boy. So they started also calling her Michaela. I think they mostly call her Michael, but on the Bates show and Duggars show they have spelled her name Michaela and Michaella. 

• Love 8