Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's talked about PCOS before her girls were born. I'm going with a misdiagnosis; who knows what kind of medical care she receives, although I do I recall her delivering in a hospital.

In other news, Nurie gets tacky courting gifts, poor thing.

FB_IMG_1507999293637.jpg

... gum? He gave her *gum* as a courting gift? GUM?!? 

Oh well. If they were chocolates David would just have Hoovered them all down anyway. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh well. If they were chocolates David would just have Hoovered them all down anyway. 

Hopefully he's not hinting that Nurie has bad breath.

I'm just appalled that limelight JillR has to post about Nurie's love life. That should only be for Nurie to post, if she wants to.

• Love 13

I'm appalled, as always, that the Rodriguii somehow have fans. I can kind of see how people in those circles might still be enamored of the Duggars, even with the scandals, because they probably all wish they had the big house and the TV show, but looking up to a family that has a ton of emaciated kids all sleeping in one RV together...I don't get how that's something to aspire to. And yet, there's always people in their comments, singing their praises. 

I guess the best we can hope for poor Nurie is that she gets enough to eat, and isn't as fertile as her crazy mother.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not if the rest of the starving Rodriguii got there first.

Yeah. It was apparent in that horrific photo of the vow renewal that those girls aren't just slender, but actually emaciated. It would not surprise me a bit to find out that they're suffering from caloric malnutrition and nutrient deficiencies. I am being completely serious when I say that it looks like David must be eating more than half of the available food to maintain his obesity while his children starve. I am amazed that CPS has not gotten involved with this family. I know the system is far from perfect, but at least foster parents would feed them. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh, there were chocolates, too. Hershey's kisses in a purple bag. His theme seems to have been buying anything purple; the whole thing came in a basket stuffed with purple tissue paper.

I just CAN'T with the RANDOM capitalized words JillR sprinkles her posts WITH. How does she chose what gets CAPITALIZED? Because there's no rhyme or reason to it and it mostly doesn't make sense. I wonder if she realizes that instead of coming off as being emphasis (like I think she intends) it just makes her sound really DUMB.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's talked about PCOS before her girls were born. I'm going with a misdiagnosis; who knows what kind of medical care she receives, although I do I recall her delivering in a hospital.

FB_IMG_1507999293637.jpg

More "exciting futures." Another of this crowd's oft-repeated sets of nonsense syllables. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Hopefully he's not hinting that Nurie has bad breath.

I'm just appalled that limelight JillR has to post about Nurie's love life. That should only be for Nurie to post, if she wants to.

Not in families with the psychological sickness these families have. The concept of children's privacy or ownership of their own selves doesn't come near to penetrating the skulls of these people. The children are possessions with no agency or a single boundary, end of story. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

Laura left Arkansas. Poor Jana has no more age appropriate friends. 

Screenshot_20171014-110854-671x892.jpg

Aww, I feel sad for Jana. Yet another friend and/or sister leaves. In their world, though, I have been wondering why it was OK for Laura to leave her father's "umbrella" and go live with the Duggars. Who will teach the Duggar kids now?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Aww, I feel sad for Jana. Yet another friend and/or sister leaves. In their world, though, I have been wondering why it was OK for Laura to leave her father's "umbrella" and go live with the Duggars. Who will teach the Duggar kids now?

Don't worry nobody has to teach them anymore they all gradumcaded early?

• Love 12
18 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Jeremiah Johnson is certainly one of the tribe.59e296715f7de_jeremiahjohnson.thumb.jpg.d6ad73913956f65edb9648e82121bbb5.jpg

These kinds of photos are infuriating. Pro tip: standing in front of your grandma's pink wall with a child sitting on a flowered sofa behind you while you pose in tactical gear and raise semi automatic weapons inside doesn't make you look badass. It makes you look at worst like a serial killer and at best like an idiot. 

That said, I don't know what to think of this guy. He seems to be in construction - flipping houses like Austin, no doubt - which is a step above what Nuri has in her own family. He's reasonably attractive ... sometimes, though when he smiles he loses his bottom lip and that makes him look like an overbitten doofus. I say if he can hold a conversation and isn't completely offensive Nuri should at least let him take her on a date (away from her parents!!). At least she'll have a night away from her parents and the possibility of a full meal. But maybe bring along am escape plan in case he really is a serial killer.

I feel bad that JillR is broadcasting Nuri's matchmaking, though. Last thing I'd want is to be judged for my parents choices in an acceptable mate.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 23
29 minutes ago, queenanne said:

The gum is the worst, IMO.  Anything else could be crossed off as simple whimsy, or a pre-engagement step pending uptick in his finances or their relationship status, but grape gum is totally unromantic, kid.

On the other hand, given the situation in her household, it wouldn't be surprising if Nurie once mused nostalgically to someone that one of the happiest days of her life was that time when she was 12 and her father brought home a family-pack of grape gum and gave each kid a piece. So they actually had dessert for dinner that night. And it wasn't ice cream out of a dumpster. And it was a truly blessed dessert because you could chew on it all evening! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

On the other hand, given the situation in her household, it wouldn't be surprising if Nurie once mused nostalgically to someone that one of the happiest days of her life was that time when she was 12 and her father brought home a family-pack of grape gum and gave each kid a piece. So they actually had dessert for dinner that night. And it wasn't ice cream out of a dumpster. And it was a truly blessed dessert because you could chew on it all evening! 

Sadly, that has a ring of almost-truth to it...Maybe she just really enjoys gum and rarely gets it. She might possibly have mentioned something like that. Maybe it's allowed during a fast? In any case, it all looked like a nice enough presentation, given how cheap everything was. I hope the guy actually put some thought into assembling it. 

By the way, where are people finding more photos of him? Given that I've seen comments referencing a child sitting on a flowered couch behind him, and how his smile makes him look like an overbitten doofus, I must be missing something. Didn't see any more on either the blog or facebook page.

• Love 7

My theory is that Jill slipped a note to the young man saying that Nurie LOVES purple (someone asked on FB whether purple is Nurie's favorite color and Jill replied in the affirmative), so the young man went to one of those people who does gift baskets as a home business and requested a basket full of purple Christian stuff. He was probably as surprised as anyone to see the gum. I also suspect Jill and David really enjoyed the chocolate.

• Love 3

yes there is more stuff Nuri's beau gave her. If you go to facebook, and look at the pictures, he gave a big basket with purple decorations (tissue paper and fake flowers) that the gum was probably in. There was also a big bag (PURPLE) of hershey kisses and a cross that says a versus from ROMANS.  

19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Sadly, that has a ring of almost-truth to it...Maybe she just really enjoys gum and rarely gets it. She might possibly have mentioned something like that. Maybe it's allowed during a fast? In any case, it all looked like a nice enough presentation, given how cheap everything was. I hope the guy actually put some thought into assembling it. 

By the way, where are people finding more photos of him? Given that I've seen comments referencing a child sitting on a flowered couch behind him, and how his smile makes him look like an overbitten doofus, I must be missing something. Didn't see any more on either the blog or facebook page.

He has lots of photos of himself in the Photo section of his FB page.  I went there trying to find out where exactly he lives in KY, since that's my state.  He's really not a bad-looking guy!

2 hours ago, McManda said:

These kinds of photos are infuriating. Pro tip: standing in front of your grandma's pink wall with a child sitting on a flowered sofa behind you while you pose in tactical gear and raise semi automatic weapons inside doesn't make you look badass. It makes you look at worst like a serial killer and at best like an idiot. 

That said, I don't know what to think of this guy. He seems to be in construction - flipping houses like Austin, no doubt - which is a step above what Nuri has in her own family. He's reasonably attractive ... sometimes, though when he smiles he loses his bottom lip and that makes him look like an overbitten doofus. I say if he can hold a conversation and isn't completely offensive Nuri should at least let him take her on a date (away from her parents!!). At least she'll have a night away from her parents and the possibility of a full meal. But maybe bring along am escape plan in case he really is a serial killer.

I feel bad that JillR is broadcasting Nuri's matchmaking, though. Last thing I'd want is to be judged for my parents choices in an acceptable mate.

Flipping houses- how did he get the cash to buy his first house to flip? You have to start with money to play that game, no?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Flipping houses- how did he get the cash to buy his first house to flip? You have to start with money to play that game, no?

Yeah, I've got nothing on how he got any cash, nor do I really know he's flipping houses. It's just an assumption based on his public Facebook photos: one is of him in a construction hat hauling an I-beam and one has his computer browser tabs visible and one is for a realty auction site.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, McManda said:

Yeah, I've got nothing on how he got any cash, nor do I really know he's flipping houses. It's just an assumption based on his public Facebook photos: one is of him in a construction hat hauling an I-beam and one has his computer browser tabs visible and one is for a realty auction site.

Those guns he was posing with, assuming they are real, aren't cheap either. That type of weapon seems to cost at least several hundred dollars and potentially much more. Seems like an expensive possession for a kid who buys his intended gum and wal-mart jar candles, but who knows? Maybe he actually earns a living. At least Nurie will probably get fed regularly, and if they're like the Duggars she can have her sisters come to stay and feed them, too. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

he gives me the creeps

I never understood this fundie/southern trend of holding your guns around your home. I say this as someone who had multiple firearms in my house ( DH Is a police officer). Like, what is he doing? about to go out hunting? you cannot carry your weapon like that outside the home ( at least not here)

Also why is he wearing what seems like a tactical vest? If he is currently not on patrol or on a tour in Iraq he literally has no business wearing that and carrying around a weapon. He seems like a little boy playing dress up. 

I know some people like to show off their guns, but all the responsible gun owners I know will maybe post like a video at a shooting range, or just pictures of the gun. Not carrying around the gun around the house. so stupid and unsafe. Duggars do it too, maybe its a southern thing. IDK

"Ah will protect mah woman against all them worldly dangers, like them homos and abortionists and sex-changing devil worshipers! I am a godly holy guy with lots of sperm to plant in your womb so we can raise up a holy army for the Lorrrrrrd!"

• Love 15

It appears to be raspberry flavored gum.  Now we know that Nurie's favorite color is purple, at this at least means we won't have to revisit The Spectacle in Fuschia.  Instead, 1000 of their closest friends will be invited to The Grift Grab in Grape, rather than something smaller and more modest than what Nurie might have preferred .

if Jill wasn't Fundie, I'd picture her being a pushy Stage mother or pageant mother of the worst sort.  How is JRod going to grift for enough food to feed 1000 guests when one look at her emaciated brood tells us that there has never been enough food for even her kids to eat.

Does each guest get ONE potato chip? I can just picture the feral, hungry look in the eyes of the Rodriguii children, that positively feral vibe they gave off on the coconut episode on YouTube.  Seeing them all ready to pounce on it like a swarm of locusts and gobble it down saddens me.  I can just hear the David Attenborough commentary regarding the Rodriguii behavior.  "It was a happy day, a day of plenty, that the Rodriguii offspring will hereunto refer to as "The Day Nurie Got Married".  After all, they aren't much different from a pride of lions.  The lioness (Jill) hunts, while Chimpy the lazy male then takes his share.  The rest goes to mom and the cubs.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It appears to be raspberry flavored gum.  Now we know that Nurie's favorite color is purple, at this at least means we won't have to revisit The Spectacle in Fuschia.  Instead, 1000 of their closest friends will be invited to The Grift Grab in Grape, rather than something smaller and more modest than what Nurie might have preferred .

if Jill wasn't Fundie, I'd picture her being a pushy Stage mother or pageant mother of the worst sort.  How is JRod going to grift for enough food to feed 1000 guests when one look at her emaciated brood tells us that there has never been enough food for even her kids to eat.

Does each guest get ONE potato chip? I can just picture the feral, hungry look in the eyes of the Rodriguii children, that positively feral vibe they gave off on the coconut episode on YouTube.  Seeing them all ready to pounce on it like a swarm of locusts and gobble it down saddens me.  I can just hear the David Attenborough commentary regarding the Rodriguii behavior.  "It was a happy day, a day of plenty, that the Rodriguii offspring will hereunto refer to as "The Day Nurie Got Married".  After all, they aren't much different from a pride of lions.  The lioness (Jill) hunts, while Chimpy the lazy male then takes his share.  The rest goes to mom and the cubs.

I once attended a wedding where the cake was so horrible that four of us shared a single piece and even then didn't manage to finish it. Maybe they can try that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

if Jill wasn't Fundie, I'd picture her being a pushy Stage mother or pageant mother of the worst sort.  

Yes, she'd be on Toddlers and Tiaras! (Some of her girls' outfits already remind me of the pagaent dresses.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes, she'd be on Toddlers and Tiaras! (Some of her girls' outfits already remind me of the pagaent dresses.)

She'd be one of those T&T moms who enters the mother-daughter pageants so she can get dressed up, have her hair did and win a big crown, too!  She'd also lord it over the kids who didn't win crowns as big as hers.

How is JRod going to grift for enough food to feed 1000 guests when one look at her emaciated brood tells us that there has never been enough food for even her kids to eat.

No problem, Nurie's grift registry at Target will include 5 cases of Ritz crackers, 100 cans of Cheez Wiz, 75 frozen Sara Lee cakes and 500 cans of Hawaiian Punch.  Them's eats!

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

She'd be one of those T&T moms who enters the mother-daughter pageants so she can get dressed up, have her hair did and win a big crown, too!  She'd also lord it over the kids who didn't win crowns as big as hers.

No problem, Nurie's grift registry at Target will include 5 cases of Ritz crackers, 100 cans of Cheez Wiz, 75 frozen Sara Lee cakes and 500 cans of Hawaiian Punch.  Them's eats!

Thems sure is fine vittles for tham thar nuptials! In some parts of West Virginia, that could qualify for fine dining.  Potted meat on a saltine could be hors d'ôeurves.  I can't believe you left that one out, LOL.

• Love 1

I'm glad they finally found a taker for Nurie.  And once they get her off their hands, I'm sure they'll announce the next girl has "graduated" and is ready for sale.  Unless they need to keep her to take care of the new baby while JRod and Chimpy resume their date nights.  And how sad is it that I don't even know GIrl #2's name?

• Love 8

I don't think it's any of Jill R's business nor is it her place to post about her daughter's relationship. Just over the top and interfering, IMO. I have to say, those gifts are more like an 8th grade boy saved up his allowance to give his 'girlfriend'. I'm glad for her, though, as it's the only experience she will have nor is she allowed to have. If this goes to a wedding, I hope this guy is good to her and gives her a better life than she's had so far....namely, good, balanced meals and some space to actually live in their home.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't think it's any of Jill R's business nor is it her place to post about her daughter's relationship. Just over the top and interfering, IMO. I have to say, those gifts are more like an 8th grade boy saved up his allowance to give his 'girlfriend'. I'm glad for her, though, as it's the only experience she will have nor is she allowed to have. If this goes to a wedding, I hope this guy is good to her and gives her a better life than she's had so far....namely, good, balanced meals and some space to actually live in their home.

Yeah I agree. The best thing I can take from this is that he asked and thought about what Nurie liked before he picked out these gifts, they were to make HER happy, I doubt she gets any individual attention at all unless it's praising her for fasting so the little ones have enough to eat. 

• Love 9
On 10/14/2017 at 5:58 PM, riverblue22 said:

Jeremiah Johnson is certainly one of the tribe.59e296715f7de_jeremiahjohnson.thumb.jpg.d6ad73913956f65edb9648e82121bbb5.jpg

So Christ-like.   I am sure if Jesus was around today, he would walk around exactly like this.

• Love 24
17 hours ago, doodlebug said:

14 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I went to a wedding once where they ran completely out of food (they were self-catering) 3/4 of the way through the buffet line. Those of us who were in the last 1/4 of the line just had to watch everyone else eat. Then they ran out of cake before everybody had some. 

My sister went to one of those as well! The bride made the mistake of not having servers dish out the food at the buffet, so of course guests piled three times as much food onto their plates than what they'd normally be given. They ran out about halfway through and the bride's mother was pitching a fit at the caterers telling them to come up with something. My sister and her husband were in the unfortunate group who didn't get to eat.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He has lots of photos of himself in the Photo section of his FB page.  I went there trying to find out where exactly he lives in KY, since that's my state.  He's really not a bad-looking guy!

Ah, thanks. I didn't even think of just going to FB...Surprised, in a way, there don't seem to be more people with his name, but his popped up right at the top. Wasn't there a movie with that title once upon a time? Anyway, he's OK-looking. I don't like his mouth at all in most of the photos...there's something off-putting about it...but he seems to have a really genuine smile in the photos where he is interacting with his little nieces. Those pics have a nice vibe to them which gives me some optimism. Maybe the mouth structure has to do with the teeth, which I actually find somewhat endearing, given that I have a total fetish for slightly crooky teeth. Though I do have to say that between the two of them there are probably some serious orthodontics in store for any kids they may have.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I guess he comes from the rare fundie family that doesn't have a web site extolling their virtues?

That could be a point in their favor. Here's hoping. I'd like to see the starving Rodrigui move on into better situations, poor things. 

• Love 2

I dunno... I fear that this guy will expect Nurie to be knocked up on their honeymoon, and popping out babies regularly.  All the while keeping him well fed, so that he grows to look like Chimpy.  It will still be miles better than what poor Nurie has had for the last 15 years, but not what any teenager deserves.  But hey!  At least she's not going to be a old maid, like poor Jana.  LOL

• Love 3
On 10/14/2017 at 0:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

FB_IMG_1507999293637.jpg

A romanticist is a person with an interest or expertise in a particular style of art and literature. I’m just going to take a wild guess here and suggest that may not have been the word JRod was looking for. Pro tip, Jill: Adding extra syllables to words does not make you sound intelligentistic.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

A romanticist is a person with an interest or expertise in a particular style of art and literature. I’m just going to take a wild guess here and suggest that may not have been the word JRod was looking for. Pro tip, Jill: Adding extra syllables to words does not make you sound intelligentistic.

Bwah! This is going into my vocabulary!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If Nurie had posted the pictures of the gifts, that wouldn't seem as odd. Her mother posting them is just weird. 

Doesn't Jill R. worship the Duggars?  Unlike the Bates, don't the Duggars only allow  their daughters on SM after they're married?  

And I don't think any of these people think their children's courting isn't their business.  I find it very creepy how up in their children's courting and proposals the Bates are.  At least the lazy Duggars hand this over to siblings.   I think the Bates would be present at the wedding night if the grooms allowed.  

• Love 8