Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow. Alyssa Bates is pissed at IG. Supposedly they "flagged" her account because she called her then 8 month old crazy. I guess flagged accounts are "pushed back" and don't get a lot of views (which I'm guessing means less clicks on shilled products). So because Alyssa "puts a lot of time and effort" into her posts, she feels its "no longer worth it". So she's only going to post "when she feels like it" (as opposed to when? lol).

Seems like Alyssa got her little feelings hurt.

My question is, do followers only see posts that come up on their feed, like FB? And wouldn't followers look for her if she's not coming up? And... other than a decrease in 'sales' how would she know no one is seeing her posts?

And two more questions, could her whiny IG story encourage followers to reach out to IG in her defense? And would it matter?

I guess it hasn’t occurred to Alyssa that her Instagram is too boring and basically the same every day? I’ve read elsewhere that she has decided to push their YouTube videos for cash instead of free stuff. Who knows but she isn’t as engaging as either Carlin or Josie right now and their numbers are higher than hers, so she’s just going to stop. I’m guessing she’ll be back, lol.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

For those of you who haven't suffered enough today, JillR has a clip of her 4 boys singing on Facebook.   Tim seemed particularly awful, completely off key.

Tim is ALWAYS off key.  The boy can’t sing, and I have secondhand embarrassment every time I hear him try.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To follow up on a previous post, Chad and Erin finished their little tiny camper. Chad did a great job. The camper is for them - the three middle girls will share a twin bed (the dinette), parents on the other end with the baby on a full sized bed and the oldest, a son, on a little mattress under the parents' bed. 

From personal experience camping, I see it working perfectly on a sunny day, by a grassy field, along a lake. I see a disaster at a dirt campsite on a rainy weekend. I'm guessing most their experiences will fall somewhere in between.

Chad always does a great job with everything he builds/remodels.  He appears to be a really nice guy and is extremely hardworking.  Erin got lucky when she met and married him.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I guess he learned from BME, she’s usually pretty loud! And why do they all bang so hard on the piano? 

How would you know they're fundies if they didn't punish the piano? Erin Bates Paine led the way and now the others imitate her.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Heathen said:

How would you know they're fundies if they didn't punish the piano? Erin Bates Paine led the way and now the others imitate her.

The ability to play the piano(forte) is a holdover from past centuries.  Too bad none of these Fundie families pushed their daughters to learn any needlework.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The ability to play the piano(forte) is a holdover from past centuries.  Too bad none of these Fundie families pushed their daughters to learn any needlework.  

Or to read books and make interesting conversation.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That was really bad! One positive, they were kind of peppy.

B2DB82E8-8ABF-4F42-BF2E-BD2BF285596F.jpeg

Those 'handsome boys' Jill?? She might need glasses. (sorry, but it is sad.. they all look malnourished and nerdy)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I guess he learned from BME, she’s usually pretty loud! And why do they all bang so hard on the piano? 

Their pianos often sound out-of-tune.  I suspect they think that "quality" goes along with their type of singing.  I was always told not to bang on the piano as it's not good for the tuning.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To follow up on a previous post, Chad and Erin finished their little tiny camper. Chad did a great job. The camper is for them - the three middle girls will share a twin bed (the dinette), parents on the other end with the baby on a full sized bed and the oldest, a son, on a little mattress under the parents' bed. 

From personal experience camping, I see it working perfectly on a sunny day, by a grassy field, along a lake. I see a disaster at a dirt campsite on a rainy weekend. I'm guessing most their experiences will fall somewhere in between.

I sure hope no one in that family is an introvert! The little ones are still probably too young to know.

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow. Alyssa Bates is pissed at IG. Supposedly they "flagged" her account because she called her then 8 month old crazy. I guess flagged accounts are "pushed back" and don't get a lot of views (which I'm guessing means less clicks on shilled products). So because Alyssa "puts a lot of time and effort" into her posts, she feels its "no longer worth it". So she's only going to post "when she feels like it" (as opposed to when? lol).

Seems like Alyssa got her little feelings hurt.

My question is, do followers only see posts that come up on their feed, like FB? And wouldn't followers look for her if she's not coming up? And... other than a decrease in 'sales' how would she know no one is seeing her posts?

And two more questions, could her whiny IG story encourage followers to reach out to IG in her defense? And would it matter?

Apart Alyssa, but Instagram, FB, Twitter and the rest all flag and ban as they see fit. That’s the nature of the beast. It was ok when it happened to others, but not you? What a spoiled brat.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

And he is the loudest one too. Yikes.

That’s because he thinks he’s a great singer.  I mean, he HAS made a CD and a few SM posts displaying his fabulous voice!  Surely that means he’s extraordinarily talented, right? 🙉😖

• LOL 15
33 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I sure hope no one in that family is an introvert! The little ones are still probably too young to know.

Apart Alyssa, but Instagram, FB, Twitter and the rest all flag and ban as they see fit. That’s the nature of the beast. It was ok when it happened to others, but not you? What a spoiled brat.

Alyssa is notoriously shady for not properly disclosing sponsorships, so it may be a bit of karma that her account was flagged. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Alyssa is notoriously shady for not properly disclosing sponsorships, so it may be a bit of karma that her account was flagged. 

I don’t understand it all but it’s being discussed in the Bates thread and people who do know how it works say she hasn’t been shadowbanned as her account is still easy to find. They seem to think she’s just too boring for people to care. 😀

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She's not shadowbanned. I was able to search her just fine. She is just putting out boring ass content, and her views are down.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Their pianos often sound out-of-tune.  I suspect they think that "quality" goes along with their type of singing.  I was always told not to bang on the piano as it's not good for the tuning.

Maybe their piano playing style (everything is fortissimo!) is equated with passion for Jesus. Because goodness knows there’s nothing in Scripture about hearing God in a still, small voice, or that you need not yell/scream, as all of creation will declare God’s glory. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Alyssa is just dull as ditchwater. And empty-headed to boot.

Another Rodders is trying to go to College, it seems. Young Phillers wants to go to Hungary still. Can't wait to see how that turns out. Given the fact that he barely speaks English, how is he going to accost and bother people in Hungarian? It's one of the most difficult languages. Plus, what on earth does he think he'll be doing there?

Funny how Fundies never really seem to want to go to places that truly don't have Christianity, instead, they go to nice cushy places where they'll have little success but all mod cons

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Phillip's Senior Pictures.  😊  What a BLESSING Phillip is!  He loves God and His Word, with his WHOLE heart!  He has memorized many chapters of the Bible.  He loves to study.  He is quiet, but VERY deep!  He is a prayer warrior.  I have seen him kneeling by his bed praying SO many times.  ❤

Phillip Jonathan Rodrigues, it has been a JOY to homeschool you!  We are so excited that you are called to be a missionary to Hungary!  🇭🇺 We will be praying as you embark upon the journey of Bible College, a job and watching you "adult".  We have no doubt you will do a stellar job at all you put your hands to!  😊

I have kept and cherished many of the kind, thoughtful and inspiring letters you have written to me, along with your many family members.  You are an incredible example and blessing to us!  

My Love & Prayers Always, Mama & Family  xoxo  🥰💙

One of the pictures:

CD5BE6E1-71BE-4F4C-BFAD-9121F7DBC238.jpeg

• LOL 1

I am willing to bet that young man will never get to the door of a Bible College let alone enter Hungary.  Even Bible Colleges have standards (don't they?) And they charge money Jill.

And why Hungary? I know they are quite the authoritarian country at the moment, maybe that is what attracted his flavor of "attempted" missionaries? That he won't be tempted?

Jill's home"schooling" seems to be pretty suspect. Those poor kids.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He has memorized many chapters of the Bible.  He loves to study.

Rote memorization is not studying.   You know these kids just memorize with no thought or context.   Heaven forbid they study the history of what was going on when the Bible was written (hint, Jesus did not have someone following him around transcribing every word then rushing it to the nearby printers)

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Rote memorization is not studying.   You know these kids just memorize with no thought or context.   Heaven forbid they study the history of what was going on when the Bible was written (hint, Jesus did not have someone following him around transcribing every word then rushing it to the nearby printers)

You know, Jesus was a white American who wrote the bible in english, don't you? I read that recently somewhere and it still boggles the mind that people believe this kind of thing.

Unless you are JimBlob who thinks King James wrote that version of the bible all by himself. And he wasn't an American.

10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

You know, Jesus was a white American who wrote the bible in english, don't you? I read that recently somewhere and it still boggles the mind that people believe this kind of thing.

Unless you are JimBlob who thinks King James wrote that version of the bible all by himself. And he wasn't an American.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Phillip's Senior Pictures.  😊  What a BLESSING Phillip is!  He loves God and His Word, with his WHOLE heart!  He has memorized many chapters of the Bible.  He loves to study.  He is quiet, but VERY deep!  He is a prayer warrior.  I have seen him kneeling by his bed praying SO many times.  ❤

Phillip Jonathan Rodrigues, it has been a JOY to homeschool you!  We are so excited that you are called to be a missionary to Hungary!  🇭🇺 We will be praying as you embark upon the journey of Bible College, a job and watching you "adult".  We have no doubt you will do a stellar job at all you put your hands to!  😊

I have kept and cherished many of the kind, thoughtful and inspiring letters you have written to me, along with your many family members.  You are an incredible example and blessing to us!  

One of the pictures:

Jilly Bean posted this at 4:00 this morning.  She’s addicted to SM.  I would pay big bucks to have all of the Rod offspring tested to see what grade level they’re at. There’s no way in hell that he’ll ever make it to Hungary but if, by some miracle, he does, I hope he gains a significant amount of weight while he’s there.  The boy is a bag of bones.  I was very surprised that BME didn’t include a picture of one of the many “kind, thoughtful and inspiring letters” he’s written her.  Everyone of the Rod kids make me want to cry.

• Love 10

I hope that if on the very off chance that he does manage to actually limp his way through college, that if he manages to complete it,  he comes out and runs as far from his crazy family as possible. I hope at least one Rodling manages that.

Edited by beckie
  • Love 15
55 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Unless you are JimBlob who thinks King James wrote that version of the bible all by himself. 

I wonder if anyone has explained to Jim Bob that when King James wasn’t busy writing the Bible, he was having hot man-on-man sex with his boyfriend, the Duke of Buckingham? There wouldn’t be enough Aqua Net in the world to keep his head from exploding.

And why would Phillip have to write all those “inspiring” letters to Jill when he’s probably never been away from her side for more than a few hours at a time?

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

That little chin beard is not my style. And the corny mustache. Yeah we get it you went through puberty. 🙄

Philly boy is never leaving bme bosom either. College ha thanks for the laugh. Philly is probably at elementary school level education wise. Jill is uneducated how can she teach anyone else? 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 10

Is Philly going to that Bible College the older girls went to? Wasn’t that basically them reading the KJV Bible at home every day? Poor Philly is starting to look more like Timbits, not a good look. When I read the part about him on his knees praying, all I could think of was that he figured out a way to avoid BME! I wish the poor kid well, but it appears BME has raised her kids to not be independent or thinkers and also handicapped by her neediness. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

One of the pictures:

This whole picture makes me sad for this poor kid. That shirt is way too big, especially the neckline. For Pete’s sake, you can go to the mens department at Burlington and they’ll take your measurements and help you find a shirt that fits that won’t break the bank. These people spend half their lives in church, and BME can’t be bothered to get them clothes that fit 😡

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Kbo said:

This whole picture makes me sad for this poor kid. That shirt is way too big, especially the neckline. For Pete’s sake, you can go to the mens department at Burlington and they’ll take your measurements and help you find a shirt that fits that won’t break the bank. These people spend half their lives in church, and BME can’t be bothered to get them clothes that fit 😡

This presumes that BME would ever go to an actual retail location and purchase said shirts.  She probably is more likely to do it for the boys than the girls; but I think her idea of 'shopping' for clothes for the kids involves going through donation bags at the churches where they grift and the occasional stop at the Goodwill store.

I am praying that Philip does get to Hungary and does his 'missionary work' there as he will at least be torturing white middle class Christian people with his nonsense.  People of color who live in poverty in underdeveloped countries need a break from the bullsh**.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, beckie said:

I hope that if on the very off chance that he does manage to actually limp his way through college, that if he manages to complete it,  he comes out and runs as far from his crazy family as possible. I hope at least one Rodling manages that.

I vote for Tessa and her late, great eyebrows to make a run for it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, laurakaye said:

I (sadly) watched her IG story...I know for sure I heard one or two Rodlets coughing in the background, and I swear right before the story cut out, one of the little girls said, "I'm cold."

And ewwww on the flowers from Timcel to BME.  Maybe that was the only way he'd be allowed out of the RV to partake in Jill's lovely Easter feast.

Did anyone parse out what those desserts were yet??

Very late to the game but I'm guessing cream pie with different Jello powders sprinkled on top.

• Love 6

It's fascinating that for as much as these Fundies talk about being persecuted and going oversees to godbother other (not the right kind) of Christians but none of them seems to be willing to go to the countries where Christians are for real persecuted(I'm thinking China and some of the Middle Eastern countries aren't too fond of Christians) . 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's fascinating that for as much as these Fundies talk about being persecuted and going oversees to godbother other (not the right kind) of Christians but none of them seems to be willing to go to the countries where Christians are for real persecuted(I'm thinking China and some of the Middle Eastern countries aren't too fond of Christians) . 

Exactly. Derick actually took on the biggest challenge in Nepal. I doubt he actually converted anyone though.

• Love 8

Phillip needs to get rid of that facial hair.  He just looks like his face is dirty.  It does nothing for his appearance.  

I'm curious which Bible college, Phillip is planning to try.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

What’s with Jill’s love of ending sentences with at?

Enrolled at?

Parked at?

It sounds wrong to me.

Considering Jill will never write anything that would be considered formal, it may sound wrong, but it actually isn’t.

This is contrary to what was drummed into my head in elementary school. It’s a Latin carryover.

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

What’s with Jill’s love of ending sentences with at?

Enrolled at?

Parked at?

It sounds wrong to me.

It IS wrong. Jill is an ignorant fool.

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Considering Jill will never write anything that would be considered formal, it may sound wrong, but it actually isn’t.

This is contrary to what was drummed into my head in elementary school. It’s a Latin carryover.

Most of the time, it’s not needed. One can simply say “where is he enrolled?” Or “where is the car?” 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Phillip needs to get rid of that facial hair.  He just looks like his face is dirty.  It does nothing for his appearance.  

I'm curious which Bible college, Phillip is planning to try.

Whichever one mommy dearest got a gift for.

• Love 2

Also his white undershirt doesn’t look good with the too big shirt.

Next photo shoot will be Philly showing off his hairy pits cuz he is a MAN now and needs a WIFE. 

Apparently Philly is 18. Definitely old enough for a WIFE.