Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

watch for Samuel to take his best friend Phillip on his senior trip next year. surely Phillip, who will turn 19 this summer. and Sammers who will be 18 next fall, will still be sleeping in bunk beds in the barndo a year from now.

Or sleep in a van outside next to Timbro! 

Yay BME ! 

😞🙄

Black tights and bright white shoes. I haven't seen anyone wear that combination in, well, decades. 

Jill's hair shrinks or grows with every photo. Her collection of polyester extensions must take up a wall in the back of the printshop where the "salon" is. 

• LOL 22
On 2/2/2022 at 1:43 AM, ChiCricket said:

What a dipshit...does he know he's not the only one on the road?! 😠😠😠

From:https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/about_sleep/drowsy_driving.html#:~:text=Lack of sleep can make,as drinking too much alcohol.

"Lack of sleep can make you less alert and affect your coordination, judgement, and reaction time while driving. This is known as cognitive impairment. Studies have shown that going too long without sleep can impair your ability to drive the same way as drinking too much alcohol."

Ugh. 

Tim probably figures it's better to risk a deadly accident than to face the wrath of Best Momma by spoiling her "yearly" family reunion. 

He hasn't been trained to think of anyone except BME. Other people don't really count in Rodlandia. 

29 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I honestly don't understand how someone truly believes that posting  a picture like that is modest and Godly but wearing pants damns a woman to hell. And I do understand that rational thought is not something Jill appears to be capable of, but it still boggles my mind.  

And that pants are only for ebil heathens, but hoodies, sweatshirts, and baseball caps are feminine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Dear Jilldo:

Please save your "come hither" looks for your hunk.  Go ahead, put your phone down, and jump his bones, if he has any.  🤮

Seriously, she thinks she's all that.  All that is possible for a looney-tunes, maybe.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Black tights and bright white shoes. I haven't seen anyone wear that combination in, well, decades. 

Jill's hair shrinks or grows with every photo. Her collection of polyester extensions must take up a wall in the back of the printshop where the "salon" is. 

Maybe she names them too, like Moira Rose did with her wigs.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

sadly, not one of them will leave and cleave. god (jill) will place it on their hearts to live a simple life in the barndo, in a trailer in the barndo yard, or for the girls, husband will move to live in the same town so they can be near BME.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Is JillyBean dropping these photos of "happy" teens to let other fundies know that they are all available (or will be soon) for marriage to suitable fundies?

Yes. Hunk and Jilldo need new in laws to pay for their meals/vacations haha

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

she has posted about various groups of her teens since nurie and timbits were teens. It's always a bragging/gloating how her teens are such a joy, have such servant's hearts etc. Jill and her way of raising godly teens, who choose modest dress is superior to other parents.  usually she includes some bashing of "worldly teens" who spend all their time on video games and the ebil internet.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How old is Kaylee?

If she is 20 does Jill consider K an old maid? 

I think Kaylee is 20. I also think that JillRod is posting those kids who are actual teens. It doesn't mean that Kaylee isn't still living at home.

I don't understand how Samuel bears more of a resemblance to David than to JillRod and yet he's better looking than his brothers. He also looks like he should be Phillip's older brother, rather than his younger brother.

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

sadly, not one of them will leave and cleave. god (jill) will place it on their hearts to live a simple life in the barndo, in a trailer in the barndo yard, or for the girls, husband will move to live in the same town so they can be near BME.

I think the Rod daughters are more likely to leave the neighborhood than the sons. So far Nurie and Nathan seem pretty firmly planted in Florida (of course that gives Jilly great winter touring/grifting opportunities). Jill said that Jonathan was going to move to Ohio near them and work at a job but she's been radio silent about him lately so who knows?

I've said it before: I think Jill's going to have a hard time getting any of the sons married off. It's one thing for fundie parents to interact with the Rods as touring grifters servants of the correct Jesus. It's another for them to marry off a daughter to a skinny young guy with no life skills - except mediocre preaching and helping run a tract printing press - to support a family. If Tim keeps having car wrecks he might not even have a driver's license before long. As @madpsych78 has noted, at least Samuel is the best looking of the bunch. 

ETA: Isn't this the time of year when the Rods pile into the stink bus and head to Florida to sing and preach and grift, and conveniently escape harsh winter weather at home? Have they gone anywhere lately as a family that's not close to home? I wonder if Jill's been able to book any appearances this winter that would make it worth the gas money to hit the road. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Poor Timothy, he did give it a try. If only he had had someone in Washington or Wisconsin who could have taken him under their wing a bit and helped him learn how to be independent.

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

she has posted about various groups of her teens since nurie and timbits were teens. It's always a bragging/gloating how her teens are such a joy, have such servant's hearts etc. Jill and her way of raising godly teens, who choose modest dress is superior to other parents.  usually she includes some bashing of "worldly teens" who spend all their time on video games and the ebil internet.

Jill spends more time on the internet than most teens I know. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

ETA: Isn't this the time of year when the Rods pile into the stink bus and head to Florida to sing and preach and grift, and conveniently escape harsh winter weather at home? Have they gone anywhere lately as a family that's not close to home? I wonder if Jill's been able to book any appearances this winter that would make it worth the gas money to hit the road. 

I'd imagine with Jill's SEVERELY injured knee that was torn in 15 places, it would be hard for her to....oh, wait.  She's all healed now.  Never mind.

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And Tessie's eyebrows :( she is such a lovely girl . 

Hannah's are next, and she has such nice dark full eyebrows.  I'm still mad about poor Tessie's, it changed her looks so drastically.  There was absolutely no need for that girl's eyebrows to be plucked back to the late 1980's, she was perfect as she was.  Jill just had to get her "stamp" on her.  Yuck.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think the Rod daughters are more likely to leave the neighborhood than the sons. So far Nurie and Nathan seem pretty firmly planted in Florida (of course that gives Jilly great winter touring/grifting opportunities). Jill said that Jonathan was going to move to Ohio near them and work at a job but she's been radio silent about him lately so who knows?

but oh that extended dramatic grieving, weeping and prayer over the loss of st nurie. If i was a rod girl i would have been tempted to rend my most hideous clothing out of grief. (biblical tearing of cloth in grief or anguish even in the KJV)

I don't think any other rod girl will put the siblings through that. Most likely best mama will hold that over them to get god to place it on the heart of their intended male that they have a heart to live near mama so the sibs don't have such long grieving.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

but oh that extended dramatic grieving, weeping and prayer over the loss of st nurie. If i was a rod girl i would have been tempted to rend my most hideous clothing out of grief. (biblical tearing of cloth in grief or anguish even in the KJV)

I don't think any other rod girl will put the siblings through that. Most likely best mama will hold that over them to get god to place it on the heart of their intended male that they have a heart to live near mama so the sibs don't have such long grieving.

The only flaw in that thinking is the fact that the Rods can’t seem to stay put in one state. Kaylee and Jonathan might get married and settle down in Ohio, but how long will the Rods remain there? As soon they are on CPS’s radar again, they’ll likely flee to yet another state. 

• Love 8

Did Nathan tell his in laws not to visit him? I figured Jilldo will be driving to Nathan Keller’s new church monthly just to grift/make the kids sing for supper.

Is the child credit $ over? Jilldo sure collected a LOT of ebil government $…

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The only flaw in that thinking is the fact that the Rods can’t seem to stay put in one state. Kaylee and Jonathan might get married and settle down in Ohio, but how long will the Rods remain there? As soon they are on CPS’s radar again, they’ll likely flee to yet another state. 

the other flaw in that is jilly is limiting her grifting by keeping all the kids near her. Surely Jonathon"s church in mississippi would have made a nice stop on the winter grift tour when the horde dropped in to visit Kaylee.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Yeah, we did have the long unnecessary dramatic grieving process after the royal wedding. That was painful. For all of us. And I seriously doubt she will “allow” any of the female Rodlets to move away from the tentacles of BME. I think Nurie’s escape to Florida was allowed because: a) she married “Anna DUGGAR’S brother and; b) Florida is a good grifting state for her and GWE.

But then, it is all about BME and how it affects HER. 

I still don’t believe any of the male Rodlets will get married anytime soon. No way will Jilly will allow any female to take away her spotlight. I am still sorry TimBits didn’t grow a pair and pursue that relationship with the girl he met while he was out of state.

• Love 11

Tomb-its  dangling bits are hanging in a backpack from mamas headboard

He is not allowed to use his bits until mama says so or dies whichever happens first 

Tim’s nicknames get autocorrected a lot. The one in the spoiler is my favorite one so far!

Spoiler

Tomtits is the funniest auto correct so far

• LOL 15
58 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Most likely best mama will hold that over them to get god to place it on the heart of their intended male that they have a heart to live near mama so the sibs don't have such long grieving.

One might hope, probably in vain, that Nurie might whisper to her sisters that it's really nice not living so close to BME.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Tomb-its  dangling bits are hanging in a backpack from mamas headboard

He is not allowed to use his bits until mama says so or dies whichever happens first 

Tim’s nicknames get autocorrected a lot. The one in the spoiler is my favorite one so far!

Hide contents

Tomtits is the funniest auto correct so far

My favorite is Titrod (hello, This is Timothy Rodrigues). 

• LOL 14
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Well David should get a job there… but no way in hell daddy will ever get a real job…

Philly is 18 so maybe he will get a job.

The Air Mission people may be done hiring anyone named Rodrigues.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Timbits is no longer listed as staff at the air mission place. The place is currently listing an employment opportunity for a second shift worker. That was Timbits' shift.

Wonder if his license got suspended and he couldn't get to and from the job.  I doubt Jilly would go out of her way to drive him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1