Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Did I see a picture of gum in Jill's IG post about the wonderful gifts Jonathoan brought for Kaylee?  What is it about these people and gum that says "appropriate courting gift?"  Does gum contain certain sentiments like flowers do - where a red rose means true love, lilies mean purity....does Dentyne mean "you're cute but your mom scares me?"  Does Juicy Fruit mean "Rowwwrrrr can't wait until we get married if you know what I mean?"  Does Kaylee think of Jonathaon when she chews the gum and is she supposed to keep the container forever?

• LOL 17
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did I see a picture of gum in Jill's IG post about the wonderful gifts Jonathoan brought for Kaylee?  What is it about these people and gum that says "appropriate courting gift?"  Does gum contain certain sentiments like flowers do - where a red rose means true love, lilies mean purity....does Dentyne mean "you're cute but your mom scares me?"  Does Juicy Fruit mean "Rowwwrrrr can't wait until we get married if you know what I mean?"  Does Kaylee think of Jonathaon when she chews the gum and is she supposed to keep the container forever?

should she change her name to Violet? 

• LOL 8
39 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Does anyone remember how long Nurie and Nathan courted before they got engaged?  And  the length of their engagement?

Nathan and Nurie's courtship was announced July 1, 2019 and they were married July 25, 2020. I think their engagement was in November 2019.

If Jonathan and Kaylee follow Nathan and Nurie's example, that would put their wedding date close to Jill and David's 25th wedding anniversary. Wouldn't that be a precious way for Kaylee and Jonathan to honor Best Mama Ever (and David), just like Nathan and Nurie honored Mr. and Mrs. Keller?

Bonus: Wedding reception becomes Jill's 25th anniversary party!

October 4, 2022 will be on a Tuesday, so maybe one of the other Rodlets will have to honor Jill in this way.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Nathan and Nurie's courtship was announced July 1, 2019 and they were married July 25, 2020. I think their engagement was in November 2019.

If Jonathan and Kaylee follow Nathan and Nurie's example, that would put their wedding date close to Jill and David's 25th wedding anniversary. Wouldn't that be a precious way for Kaylee and Jonathan to honor Best Mama Ever (and David), just like Nathan and Nurie honored Mr. and Mrs. Keller?

October 4, 2022 will be on a Tuesday, so maybe one of the other Rodlets will have to honor Jill in this way.

This would give Jill a reason to wear a wedding dress to her daughter's wedding!

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

That was a post from when Nurie was courting. The courtship ended.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Oh goodness, it could be a double wedding!! Wedding for Kaylee and renewal for best mama ever!! 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Oh goodness, it could be a double wedding!! Wedding for Kaylee and renewal for best mama ever!! 

Might at well make it a triple wedding. I'm sure Nurie being married for 27 months can be made to have some significance. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 12
On 9/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, libgirl2 said:

Of course she is. He is a pretty nice looking guy. 

He looks like a fireman I dated about seven years ago.  

Of all the various fundie boys and suitors, he's the only one where I haven't immediately recoiled (I think a couple of the Bates boy-men were good looking, but, they seemed like such egotistical jerks it overshadowed everything else). Maybe that bodes well.  Or maybe I've spent too much time alone.

Here's hoping Not-Nurie can be Not-Near-Mama soon!

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Triple P said:

But… but… but… who would throw the 25th anniversary party? IIRC, JillyRod hijacked the Keller’s anniversary party to make it seem like it was ANOTHER wedding reception for Nurthan. No way JRod and Hunk (aka GWE) will open their moth-filled wallets to bankroll a party for themselves to entertain their guests. Sheesh! People give to THEM… THEY don’t give to others!

• Love 8

It has to be weird . Hi you , I barely know you and we've never been allowed in a room together without a babysitter but you're  the father of my kids and you'll be farting next to me for the next 50 odd years .

• Useful 2
  • LOL 18

Jill posted a photo of Jonathan writing their “courtship date” and it was totally a shot of that kid’s ass. 

I can’t bring myself to be happy for these girls when they get married. It seems to me to be trading one hell for another. Marriage for the Rod girls is simply graduation from urchin to brood mare. Their belief system gives women no more freedom than children have, so I really don’t see marriage as an escape for Kaylee. More like digging a tunnel out of the prison only to end up in another cell. It would be great if both she and her betrothed were like Ethan and Olivia Plath and ended up shirking fundamentalism and Kaylee’s batshit parents, but unlikely considering how Jill behaves with Nurthan.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That was a picture from Nurie's first courtship (or possible courtship) before Nathan. The guy brought Nurie a bunch of presents that were purple. The gum was just one of those items. 

Is "Best Mama Ever" going to be the matron of honor again? Who would want to be the first daughter to get married and NOT ASK their mama to be matron of honor? My guess??? None of them would have the guts to choose someone else. So sad that Jill needs to be in the limelight all the time.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2BE93771-2618-4D1D-8E80-BE7B8C27D091.jpeg

Gee! Jill’s life DOES ‘preach more loudly’ than her lips; so she does follow that advice. Alas, it appears she doesn’t understand the actual message her life is sending to the world.

Of course, Jill’s unfortunate grammar and complete lack of understanding of her native tongue also ‘preaches more loudly’.  It’s kind of amazing that someone who has been exposed to and used English since birth is practically incapable of writing a coherent sentence.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

He did look cute in that one but not so cute in the photo of them with their backs touching. I can’t decide if he is cute or not. 

Given the unfortunate male specimens kaylee has been exposed to, he is handsome!  To me, not so much. 

51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2BE93771-2618-4D1D-8E80-BE7B8C27D091.jpeg

I was going to say the same as @Rootbeer  her life does preach loudly, but not of the message she thinks it does!

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, awaken said:

Given the unfortunate male specimens kaylee has been exposed to, he is handsome!  To me, not so much. 

I was going to say the same as @Rootbeer  her life does preach loudly, but not of the message she thinks it does!

I agree that Jonathan has a pretty low bar to hurdle when it comes to being the best looking male in Rodrigues world.  It's all relative, as they say.

• Love 9

What are all those keys on his belt? Is he the custodian of something? 

I see Jill got him inside a gift shop, so I bet he ended up buying something for her (and Kaylee). There has to be a restaurant picture coming soon. Now that Jonathan is officially courting, Jill is officially grifting. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What are all those keys on his belt? Is he the custodian of something? 

I see Jill got him inside a gift shop, so I bet he ended up buying something for her (and Kaylee). There has to be a restaurant picture coming soon. Now that Jonathan is officially courting, Jill is officially grifting. 

Yes, his turn to "treat" Jill and David on the "double date". 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Gee! Jill’s life DOES ‘preach more loudly’ than her lips; so she does follow that advice. Alas, it appears she doesn’t understand the actual message her life is sending to the world.

Of course, Jill’s unfortunate grammar and complete lack of understanding of her native tongue also ‘preaches more loudly’.  It’s kind of amazing that someone who has been exposed to and used English since birth is practically incapable of writing a coherent sentence.

And far worse, she’s solely responsible for “teaching “ her kids.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

IMO Jonathan is really plain looking. But compared to Rod males and Nathan Keller-Duggar he is HOT.

I thought he looked better before Kaylee cut his hair.  What is it about fundies doing bad haircuts.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Haughty Jeremy V. wouldn't spend one minute with creepy Jill R. The battle of those egos would be epic, but Jer would run away so fast, his fancy shoes would fall apart. Jill would be chasing him as fast as her long polyester skirt would let her. 

Winner? Jer. Jill's tight skirt would do her in. Hunk isn't going to put down his snack and rescue her either. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Stupid question I'm sure, but I wonder where Jonathan sleeps during his visit? Does he share Timbits trailer? Or does he perhaps luckily have a hotel room where he can unwind and process the craziness he might be marrying into?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Hunk isn't going to put down his snack and rescue her either. 

As if his fat ass would run to anything that wasn’t a flashing “Hot” sign at Krispy Kreme. He probably sweats bacon grease. 

ETA: Jonathan (sp?)(as if it matters) might not be homely, but clearly the boy ain’t got the sense God gave cabbage. There has got to be better pots to dip his spoon in that don’t require Jill’s level of batshiticism.  I’m sure Kaylee is a lovely young lady, but it’d be a hard pass for me.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They had hand sex 😂. Their thumbs up hand pose is weird 

EDE7C65B-F8A9-45C9-92F1-B3D643E5D4AF.jpeg

Godly fist bumps. 

38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

834BB325-C724-4D46-9BDB-FFFB08CDF0E4.jpeg

B9875585-D154-4136-837F-585B72D0C5D0.jpeg

7CA0AC4B-8E6A-4A12-A3F1-CE0D7AF63D3C.jpeg

How embarrassing, carting around kaylee’s gray, waif like siblings together and buying junk food. Very romantic. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Godly fist bumps. 

How embarrassing, carting around kaylee’s gray, waif like siblings together and buying junk food. Very romantic. 

Jill has lured Jonathan to the supermarket, and I'm sure he'll end up buying a week's worth of groceries for the Rods. Jill has a live one in her trap, and I'm sure she's salivating. I hope the poor kid has the income for this new season of life. 

J and K look so young in that awkward photo with their Bibles on their laps. They're probably silently praying for the best from their arranged marriage to be. If not, they should be. 

• Love 7

@beckie, I had the same thought:  where does Jonathan rest his Jill-weary head at night?

Another question:  what is in it for Jonathan and his family?  (and Kayley) is pretty enough, I guess, but surely there have to be better matches available to him?  This is no knock to her, but all of her family baggage has to outweigh (and Kayley)'s good?

Nathan + Nurie made a little more sense to me because the Kellers don't seem to be too high on the food chain.  But from what I've read here and on Reddit, Jonathan's family is apparently educated, includes business owners, and just seems to be on a higher social scale.

I don't get it.

• Useful 8
  • Love 7