Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At least it was outdoors? And Jill's cowbells are back! 

Who’s filming that, Janessa?  I’m kidding, it’s Shrek, who obviously doesn’t care that their heads are cut off.  There’s so much wrong with that horrendous performance that I wouldn’t even know where to start with the snark.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I looked up the Sylvania Baptist Church - there are some old pics of the rod family on their blog from 2013 at that church. also included, time at a resort for Jill and David's anniversary and then they went on to Erin Bates' wedding. I think Jill posed with every duggar there and they posed for picks with Gothard    http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

the pictures themselves are hilarious - jill was a brunette and the pics of the duggar and bates family at the end are great. Jennifer and Jordyn were having nothing to do with keeping sweet even back then.

Jill actually looks much better with dark hair, less makeup and she looks less crazy. But those poor kids...

Also...her latest post about brain washing? Oi. She does read here. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

34D71470-590B-49A7-A222-72B44CE86D1C.jpeg

80EEAA6C-2FE3-4A0E-BD96-BCB3309413A0.jpeg

What's with the glasses? Is it supposed to be a  funny dig  against people who do need and wear glasses, myself included?  A throwback to the 60's & 70's style of glasses? 

This is similar to the I Love You Day celebration the Bates had where they were dressed up as older folk, wearing wigs &using walkers & canes.  I use both a walker & a cane & a wheelchair & found this offensive as well. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Those children look traumatized and so unhappy.  It breaks my heart 💔

Back in the day when pictures were taken people did not smile. I have read the reason for this is the long exposure time and you had your picture taken maybe once is a lifetime, it was a serious occasion. I think that is the look they are going for. To me the picture after this is creepy, the very fake smiles gives me chills. I have no explanation why they may look that way is other pictures...well I do but...

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 3
On 10/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, ginger90 said:

When my husband got saved, he was living a horrible life of sin.  His dad fought in the Vietnam war and sadly committed suicide when David was only 5 years old.  David sought after EVERYTHING he thought would bring him peace & joy - Drugs, alcohol, smoking, girls, parties, bad music, rebellion, long hair, dirty mouth, etc. 😱 However, the Holy Spirit's convicting power CHANGED him from the inside out!  He took a 180 degree turn and cleaned up his life.  He has passionately lived for Jesus for 30 years now!  Hallelujah.  When we profess Christianity, we need to be ever growing to be more like Christ. 😁

This makes so much sense as to why he is so strict with his kids.  I know a few people like this who have gone from straying so far from God to then becoming so strict it takes all of their fun and personality away.  Michelle Duggar has a similar story.  Turns out, you can be fun, live in the world, know and love people that are different than you and still love Jesus and be a Christian.  I am one. ❤️ 

Edited by kstar821
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Those children look traumatized and so unhappy.  It breaks my heart 💔

They look sadly unkempt. Its as if Jill went dumpster diving for those clothes. My God, you can be poor but I've seen some very poor people who look better put together. And they look unhappy. That is the hardest thing to see. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Back in the day when pictures were taken people did not smile. I have read the reason for this is the long exposure time and you had your picture taken maybe once is a lifetime, it was a serious occasion. I think that is the look they are going for. To me the picture after this is creepy, the very fake smiles gives me chills. I have no explanation why they may look that way is other pictures...well I do but...

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't really put it into words.  Thanks!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

WTF are these kids wearing??? And the boys are wearing what looks like random pieces of white satin ribbon. I never thought that what they currently wear would look better

I wonder if this was taken when the kids were appearing in a nativity scene or some such Biblical presentation at church. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder if this was taken when the kids were appearing in a nativity scene or some such Biblical presentation at church. 

from the blog entry - "The Sunday that we were at Sylavnia Hills, they had “Old Fashioned” Sunday. Our family enjoyed attempting to dress old fashioned. The children really enjoyed that"

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from the blog entry - "The Sunday that we were at Sylavnia Hills, they had “Old Fashioned” Sunday. Our family enjoyed attempting to dress old fashioned. The children really enjoyed that"

The problem is that these outfits are so close to what they normally wear, it's hard to tell that they consider these costumes. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The problem is that these outfits are so close to what they normally wear, it's hard to tell that they consider these costumes. 

Hundred percent thought they were in their regular dress, just slightly poorer at the time. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

It always strikes me as so hypocritical.  These "saved" parents got to live the fullest lives of their choosing.  Once they're done with that, they decide their children don't need the same opportunity to experience those same things and come to their own conclusions.  Kind of like the mom of the Plath family.  Ugh.  I love my parents for giving me the freedom to make choices and mistakes from very early on.  It's why I'm confident and, dare, I say successful today.

This always reminds me of a song called "Repent", from a musical called "On the Twentieth Century".  It's basically JillR's theme song. Here's a lyric sample:

Like you I once was wild.
Men shouted, “Oh you kid”
A life of shame I led
And dirty doings did.
Until one night I saw the light
And heard salvation’s call.
(mimics)Ta da da da da da da da da da…
I’m so glad I didn’t hear it
Until I’d done it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2My_BgcDfg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Do the Rod kids ever do school work? I’m guessing JillR considers her trips to the park as school. 

Also I think JillR just discovered the filters on Instagram that put glasses or rabbit ears, hence the “funny” posts.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Do the Rod kids ever do school work? I’m guessing JillR considers her trips to the park as school. 

Also I think JillR just discovered the filters on Instagram that put glasses or rabbit ears, hence the “funny” posts.

So, let's see. She has, what, ten (??) kids still at home, including a toddler, who are supposedly being home-schooled by her, a Plexus business to run, all those church appearances to schedule, songs to practice for their blessed appearances at said churches . . . and no doubt more? And she has plenty of time to continually f*ck around playing with funny filters on social media?

Who is educating your children, Jill? Who is washing their clothes? Who is cooking their meals?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well one of them was doing Algebra Math a few months ago, so that's something.

that was so funny - jilly searched all over the house in the night and finally found him doing algebra math at the desk next to his bunkbed

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

that was so funny - jilly searched all over the house in the night and finally found him doing algebra math at the desk next to his bunkbed

Makes me wonder if he enjoys mathematics but with this upbringing he will never get to do anything with it. 

• Love 3
On 10/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, Barb23 said:

What's with the glasses? Is it supposed to be a  funny dig  against people who do need and wear glasses, myself included?  A throwback to the 60's & 70's style of glasses? 

This is similar to the I Love You Day celebration the Bates had where they were dressed up as older folk, wearing wigs &using walkers & canes.  I use both a walker & a cane & a wheelchair & found this offensive as well. 

The glasses are a facebook messenger filter. So they're not wearing real glasses, those are just superimposed on the photo. 

19 hours ago, ozziemom said:

We know that the kids who are of school age failed to meet the requirements last year and that several of them were caught cheating on exams meant to measure their progress, so, whatever schooling they're getting is inadequate.

• Love 1

How is it that no one in that family has been hospitalized with COVID? SGirl and I only leave our house when necessary. If I buy groceries she stays home. These people do not engage in any precautions. Maybe God does prefer them. 

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, SMama said:

How is it that no one in that family has been hospitalized with COVID? SGirl and I only leave our house when necessary. If I buy groceries she stays home. These people do not engage in any precautions. Maybe God does prefer them. 

It’s just a matter of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Still radio silence from Erin Bates. She typically posted as often, if not more, as Jessa. Have any of you heard anything? Her last post, speaking of "dark times" was 10/5.

My first assumption was miscarriage, but then I thought no, she'd be whoring it out for attention and sympathy, so I don't know what it could be.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My first assumption was miscarriage, but then I thought no, she'd be whoring it out for attention and sympathy, so I don't know what it could be.

That was my first thought too. Then maybe a family member with a severe case of covid. Then I went to a diagnosis keeping her from having more children.

Then I went to, its probably nothing at all. lol

I obviously have given it way too much thought.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 10/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Jeeves said:

So, let's see. She has, what, ten (??) kids still at home, including a toddler, who are supposedly being home-schooled by her, a Plexus business to run, all those church appearances to schedule, songs to practice for their blessed appearances at said churches . . . and no doubt more? And she has plenty of time to continually f*ck around playing with funny filters on social media?

Who is educating your children, Jill? Who is washing their clothes? Who is cooking their meals?

You forgot to add being joyfully available to her husband, bugging Nurie and Nathan, and ugly decor to place

• LOL 9
23 minutes ago, not you again said:

I don't know the cotton-headed ninny muggins other than from posts here, so maybe I'm completely off base, but my go-to would be marital issues.  

If her husband Chad is even remotely close to how he presents, I doubt it. He's a down to earth, major chill type of guy.

• Love 4