Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But how could they convert all those Irish Catholics without interacting with them?

That would be difficult since they would have to go into a pub to convert ANYONE in Ireland.  :-)  I've been to Ireland and I LOVED it.  We stayed at local b and b's and met the most amazing folks and always spent the evening in the local pubs.  I want to go back and see more of the country.  Amazing people there.  They probably would have politely ignored the Duggars.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I don't know what you mean?

My twins went to a mission trip to Jamaica. They experienced the same thing. The children all wanted to touch their hair. It was fascinating to them. One boy keep asking twin #2 if she had a weave. It's just pure innocent moment from kids that wonder about someone that doesn't look like them.

P.S. the children all are so lovey too.

Normally, I see it as kids exploring hair differences.  No big deal. 

Jill strikes me as a person who would have that "white savior" issue going on and implying that the straight hair was so amazing that the African children would want to touch it.  Maybe I am wrong but it just sounds so suspect coming from Jill Rod. 

I just cannot stand that woman and find her so offensive with almost everything she writes.  It's one bizarre comment after another that usually tries to show how superior she is. If it wasn't Jill Rod, i would scroll by. 

• Love 7

My mom went to China and she had long, gray curly hair and she has hazel eyes and she’s 5’-8”. She was quite surprised that people were that fascinated by her appearance. I can see how she might have stood out among pin straight black hair and black or brown eyes.  Mom went at a time when you still had to have a “minder”. Since China has long had access to technology and social media, so someone like my mom would no longer be a curiosity. 

• Love 2

I have a friend from Norway who grew up in a port city where the cruise ships stopped, and she would see all the retired American tourists around her town.  When she came to the US she was shocked to find that all American women did not have blue hair and did not wear "cat-eye" shaped glasses.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My mom went to China and she had long, gray curly hair and she has hazel eyes and she’s 5’-8”. She was quite surprised that people were that fascinated by her appearance. I can see how she might have stood out among pin straight black hair and black or brown eyes.  Mom went at a time when you still had to have a “minder”. Since China has long had access to technology and social media, so someone like my mom would no longer be a curiosity. 

I experienced this as well in central Mexico as an adult college student in 1997.   At 5'11, I was much taller than the typical man in that area. Odd sensation! It was a J term class. 

• Love 2

A friend of mine went to Africa in college and said that people there were fascinated by his arm hair. Apparently, African men’s arms are not nearly as hairy as Greek arms.

• Love 2

Growing up in the 90s here in the the US, I was one of the few black girls with natural hair— this was before the big natural movement in the late ‘00s, most little black girls and women had relaxed straight hair. Anyways, I got a lot of attention from nonblack kids for my hair, which varied from ooohs and ahhs and “how does it do that?! (On fro days lol), to touching and pulling without my permission (in those instances I wish I knew Solange’s song “Don’t Touch My Hair” back then). I think kids of all backgrounds are intrigued by what they’re not familiar with. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 20

I recently went to India and we went to see the cremation fires on the Ganges. Indians who had probably saved for ages and traveled countless miles for that once in a lifetime chance to witness the ceremonies were taping and clicking pictures of my pasty white ass because I was such a novelty to them instead of paying attention to what was going on. Our guide had to regularly shoo people away at shrines and forts and such the whole time we were there. People wanted pictures with us, they wanted to touch my long blond hair. 

I was a little troubled by what happened at the funeral pyres - I thought it was very disrespectful. But I wouldn't have actually minded letting people take my picture other places. But my guide wouldn't hear of it.  I'm not sure how I would feel about strangers running their fingers through my hair tho LOL 

eta: and I am talking about adults of all ages doing this not children 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I scrolled back and didn't see that it was discussed...sorry if I missed it.

Jill Rod posted that her baby girl had a stroke in utero. 

Yeah, it was discussed a few pages back.  With lots of speculation on who will take care of baby #13 after she's born.  Top pick is Nurie.  

• Love 1

The Maxwells posted about making casseroles with leftovers. Their casserole in question seemed unappetizing to me, but then I'm not what ham gravy is or if I would like it. 

(Some people may find the casserole kind of gross.) 

• Love 1

My god, I thought Sarah wrote the post and those were her hands in the post. Thankfully, they were Terrified's; these are not the hands of a 36 year old. Even so, those hands are really bony, and the extra skin just emphasises that Teri needs to put on a few pounds. She has the hands of an 80 year old. 

DSC_5700-425x284.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

My god, I thought Sarah wrote the post and those were her hands in the post. Thankfully, they were Terrified's; these are not the hands of a 36 year old. Even so, those hands are really bony, and the extra skin just emphasises that Teri needs to put on a few pounds. She has the hands of an 80 year old. 

DSC_5700-425x284.jpg

Eeeeeek!!! Skelator broke in the house and is holding the garlic salt for ransom!!!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

DSC_5700-425x284.jpg

Somebody needs to send her some Pepsi .

• Love 5

I looked at their blog, and the casserole is rice, gravy, pork and chopped up biscuits on top. Maybe it's one of those things that tastes better than it looks. I guess it could presumably feed six if you did veggies and salad on the side. 

• Love 1

Anna Marie Maxwell had her fifth child. The baby was huge over nine pounds and probably past the due date. Since she has a history of healthy homebirths, they had the baby at home. (Her sister-in-law Melanie has not been as lucky so she has them in the hospital.)  It seems just as risky as the Duggar girl births, but they seem to be doing well.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Anna Marie Maxwell had her fifth child. The baby was huge over nine pounds and probably past the due date. Since she has a history of healthy homebirths, they had the baby at home. (Her sister-in-law Melanie has not been as lucky so she has them in the hospital.)  It seems just as risky as the Duggar girl births, but they seem to be doing well.

"This precious bundle of 9 lb. 5 oz. has been met with delighted enthusiasm...we were blessed with a smooth labor and delivery."

They even write drably. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And Marjorie's dad drew all his girls wearing pants.

I didnt even notice the pants. First thing I noticed was he drew himself as the center of the family with all the females around him.  I think JB would love a sketch like this -- him in the middle with all the Duggarlings & extended family around him. "Look at the man I am.  This is the kingdom I produced. (Or help produce.)" I also noticed Dad drew himself smaller but think that was just to fit in other figures. Im sure Mechelle is extremely jealous Marjorie's family is being blessed with another baby. 

Whoa, I really do need more caffeine or sweets. I'm readiing way too much in this picture. 

• Love 5
On 2/17/2018 at 6:09 AM, ChaChaSlide said:

Growing up in the 90s here in the the US, I was one of the few black girls with natural hair— this was before the big natural movement in the late ‘00s, most little black girls and women had relaxed straight hair. Anyways, I got a lot of attention from nonblack kids for my hair, which varied from ooohs and ahhs and “how does it do that?! (On fro days lol), to touching and pulling without my permission (in those instances I wish I knew Solange’s song “Don’t Touch My Hair” back then). I think kids of all backgrounds are intrigued by what they’re not familiar with. 

Word. I’ve been “natural” my entire life and I swear if I had $1 each person that asked to touch my hair I wouldn’t have to work any more. if the kids were okay with it that’s fine but you shouldn’t touch people without their permission. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I didnt even notice the pants. First thing I noticed was he drew himself as the center of the family with all the females around him.  I think JB would love a sketch like this -- him in the middle with all the Duggarlings & extended family around him. "Look at the man I am.  This is the kingdom I produced. (Or help produce.)" I also noticed Dad drew himself smaller but think that was just to fit in other figures. Im sure Mechelle is extremely jealous Marjorie's family is being blessed with another baby. 

Whoa, I really do need more caffeine or sweets. I'm readiing way too much in this picture. 

The guy in the center of the circle is the baby boy with all of the sisters surrounding him. 

• Love 8

I peeked over at Marjorie's Instagram.  She has a new book coming out and she's continuing her studies in printmaking.  She seems a happy and content student, artist, author and big sister.  All of that would have been kaput had she married Josiah Duggar.  I hope her sisters, and eventually her brother, get the same opportunities she has.   

• Love 23

Chad Paine's sister Tabitha and her convicted anal rapist husband. Chad is married to Erin, the snotty princess of the Bates family. Chad and Tabitha's father is a doctor (a real one) but gave it up to be a soldier for Bill GotHard. 

• Love 8