Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

In the ever fruitful Murder She Wrote, season 4 Mourning Among the Wisterias has both Lois Nettleton, the original Virginia Benson, and Linda Purl, who played Virginia in the Carly hagiography last month. Purl used the same Southern accent for both roles.

32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

In the ever fruitful Murder She Wrote, season 4 Mourning Among the Wisterias has both Lois Nettleton, the original Virginia Benson, and Linda Purl, who played Virginia in the Carly hagiography last month. Purl used the same Southern accent for both roles.

Both Lois and Linda have appeared several times on Murder, She Wrote. Lois at least, three times, I think. And Linda, twice.

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Of course I think the champ of "hey, it's that guy" as a guest star on 1 hour episodic TV is Sebastian Roche.  

God, yes! The first time I saw him was as a ridiculous hard rock/hard metal rock star with curly hair down to his ass in Mothership Law & Order, Season 4. Then as a patsy/framed defendant a few years later. Both times, using an American accent.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

God, yes! The first time I saw him was as a ridiculous hard rock/hard metal rock star with curly hair down to his ass in Mothership Law & Order, Season 4. Then as a patsy/framed defendant a few years later. Both times, using an American accent.

How in the world do y’all remember these actors and all of their roles on other shows long ago?! My hat is off to all of you. I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday!

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

How in the world do y’all remember these actors and all of their roles on other shows long ago?!

I did an ER rewatch early days of the pandemic--and I still occasionally watch an episode on Pop.  And Law and Order is one of my go-to's when there's nothing else on.  Same goes for Criminal Minds, where Sebastian Roche also was a guest star!

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

How in the world do y’all remember these actors and all of their roles on other shows long ago?! My hat is off to all of you. I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday!

I rarely remember the actors, just watching and exclaiming, "ooh, that's Jerry Jacks!". It annoys my husband to no end. 🙂

• LOL 1
On 11/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Several GHers did "ER" duty: Julie Berman, Kathleen Goti, Jeff Kober, Kimberly McCullough, Sonya Eddy.

Also Megan Ward (original Kate Howard), Bonnie Burroughs (Gladys), and Vernee Watson (Stella). And probably a couple dozen others, because that show had a lot of one-episode characters and was on forever. 

Article on Cruel Summer Season 2.

The Season 2 synopsis, which is set in “an idyllic waterfront town in the Pacific Northwest,” according to the network, “follows the rise and fall of an intense teenage friendship. Approaching the story from three different timelines surrounding Y2K, the season twists and turns as it tracks the early friendship between Megan, Isabella, and Megan’s best friend Luke, the love triangle that blossomed, and the mystery that would impact all of their lives going forward.”

The series stars Sadie Stanley, Little Fires Everywhere star Lexi Underwood, Griffin Gluck, KaDee Strickland, Lisa Yamada, and Sean Blakemore. 

I bought the new Complete Series set for Silk Stalkings (don't judge me!), and I had forgotten that Cheryl Richardson (ex-Jenny Eckert) was in an episode (Season 5, "Sudden Death") with her real-life husband, Forry Smith (himself a former soap actor who played the husband of Kim Zimmer's character on Santa Barbara).

They were okay. Looked it up and they are still married, too, so...good for them, I guess!

• Like 1

The actress that plays Violet (have I got that right? Finn's daughter - the little blond one) was on the new Hulu series Will Trent as the youngest daughter of three kids of a detective. She puts on an astronaut costume (quite out of the blue) and charms the female lead character.

• Useful 2

I've been watching Ally McBeal on Hulu, and when I saw Michael Easton playing a nude model, I laughed from surprise.  But man, he was gorgeous!  He had a 2 or 3 episode arc, and he and Ally become lovers.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

As if Portia's hot family was not enough, I have just been informed that Portia's exceedingly hot dad is in fact Ricco Ross, Private Frost of the Colonial Marines from Aliens. Sigourney Weaver, James Cameron Aliens. That's badass. He is not allowed to leave, I've sealed the studio doors.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm working my way through Bosch, and who turn up in the same scene but Chad Brannon and Tajh Bellow. Tamara Braun is in an episode, too.

Yeah, Bosch had quite a few GHers.  You should be spying a couple more as you get deeper in!

• Like 2

So one night recently, I went down the YouTube rabbit hole (as one often does late at night), and in a mood to find old commercials from my childhood, I found this gem that actually first aired four-five years before I was even born--a Plymouth Duster commercial in the form of a music video, having first aired during the original MTV VMAs in 1984, starring a certain future Emmy winning GH legend. (I don't think that's her singing, though--she's an actress and a dancer, but I don't think she's ever been a singer.)

Fair warning: You WILL have this song in your head forever after hearing this. You're welcome. 😉

Edited by UYI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm way old enough to be your Mom and I actually remember this Plymouth commercial, although I never made the connection between our GH star and the cute singer (lipsyncer)/actress in it!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

OMG I’m old enough to be your Mom!

I fall into two categories as far as my age gap with @UYI goes. Teen mom or big sis. 

Either way, now I feel old! LOL!

I do remember that commercial, too. Very well. Funny how we fast forwarded commercials via VCRs then, now we look back on them with fondness! Probably because most commercials today are for prescription meds, lawyers, or cell carriers.  😋

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, isalicat said:

I'm way old enough to be your Mom and I actually remember this Plymouth commercial, although I never made the connection between our GH star and the cute singer (lipsyncer)/actress in it!

This aired less than a year before she debuted as Anna! 🙂

• Useful 1

I was watching Babylon 5 the other day and saw Tristan Rogers.  I said "Huh, tristan rogers" and my father-in-law piped up "Yeah, that guy from General Hospital, Scorpion or something."

You find old-school GH fans in the strangest places.

• LOL 6
On 5/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Sean Blackmore has a role in the upcoming season of "Cruel Summer."  He plays the sheriff investigating a murder, so looks to be a pretty substantial part.

For those who aren't familiar with the show, Cruel Summer is an anthology show so you can jump in this season and without having seen season one. I watched the show earlier this year and I really enjoyed it. The premise of the show is that it's about the same characters on the same day over a span of three years. The first show covered 1993-1994. The show was pretty good with helping the viewer distinguish each year - mostly through clothing, haircuts, and filters/lighting - so I never found myself confused over which year we were in. The first season also alternated POV between the two main character every other episode. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I really enjoyed Cruel Summer, too. I was hoping they'd carry over some of the same actors, a la Ryan Murphy, particularly the two young female leads because they were so good, but alas. I'm a bit leery because they have a new showrunner, but I'll still be tuning in.

I’ve been watching Legit, comedy series on Hulu (originally aired on FX about 10 years ago), and who has popped into several episodes but Sonya Eddy. She plays a character very similar to Epiphany, and seeing her makes me feel both sad and happy. It’s a really good show, and she is excellent in it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

"Hey, it's that guy!" I saw "Cyrus" (Jeff Kober) on a Lost episode from the final season. He's a mechanic who helps Kate break out of her handcuffs when she escapes from the federal marshal in an off-island scene. 

There are a few GH faces on that series. Of course, Cynthia Watros was a series regular in season 2 and kept recurring even after her character, uh, exited. Nigel Gibbs plays a funeral director on Lost, and he later played two GH roles (Aunt Stella's ex, Marcus Godfrey, as well as an unrelated judge).

• Useful 1

Castle made an episode about the murder of a soap opera writer (stabbed with an axe) with Cameron Matheson as a director and Rebecca Buddig as a soap star having an affair.

The first suspect was a shipping fanatic who wanted to ax the writer for wanting to break up her ship couple and encouraged other fans to send in axes. Hee.

• LOL 2

So, with Steve Burton back on Days as his pre-Jason '80s character, Harris Michaels, an old episode from his first run was posted on the Days forum. (And his character is now in a story with Tamara Braun's character, Ava Vitali.)

Click the link. But here is a screenshot of Steve with his Ken doll '80s 'do!

SB-Harris 1988.jpg

• LOL 2
On 8/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, WendyCR72 said:

So, with Steve Burton back on Days as his pre-Jason '80s character, Harris Michaels, an old episode from his first run was posted on the Days forum. (And his character is now in a story with Tamara Braun's character, Ava Vitali.)

Click the link. But here is a screenshot of Steve with his Ken doll '80s 'do!

SB-Harris 1988.jpg

and he's being soundly trashed on Twitter/X for his lack of ability to play anything besides Jason lol!

• LOL 1

I was watching an NCIS rerun from 2016 and there was Darin Toonder (Dr. Montague) playing a sleazy press secretary to an influencer who was played by Hayley Erin (Kiki) which is weird because I don't think that they were ever on GH at the same time.

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was watching an NCIS rerun from 2016 and there was Darin Toonder (Dr. Montague) playing a sleazy press secretary to an influencer who was played by Hayley Erin (Kiki) which is weird because I don't think that they were ever on GH at the same time.

Thanks, I was trying to remember where she was from when they announced she would be returning to Y&R

• Like 1

Figured this is the most appropriate forum to put this in. Days is having its Day of Days fan event, and showed a promo. It's now on TwitX, and - among many more - features Steve Burton and Tamara Braun. (Ava/Harris there; Jason/Carly here, obviously!) Their characters seem to be getting involved.

Also has a lot of former faces from GH besides those two:

Stephen Nichols

Mary Beth Evans

Brandon Barash

Greg Vaughan

Since there is so much overlap and I know some of these actors have fans here, I figured what the hell. So enjoy! Or skip.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1