Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

I know people aren't wild about Wes Ramsey/Peter August, but damn it, he was Christian in Latter Days and I'm always going to love him for that. Christian and Elder Aaron are always going to have a place in my inner teenaged gay boy heart forever.

I remember being shocked when I learned he was dating Holly Marie Combs (his t.v. mom on Charmed) because he was utterly convincing as a gay guy.

It's running on Tubi right now.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Lennie had to die in Nixon Falls so that he could show up as a USMC general on NCIS this week.

I was watching How Green Was My Valley and there was a 21 year old Anna Lee (Lila) playing Bronwyn, the wife of the oldest Morgan brother. An impressive movie, nominated for 10 Academy Awards and winning 5 including Best Director for John Ford.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Been on a Criminal Minds marathon rewatch and I will again reiterate that Drew Garrett has the talent and nuance to have played the rape storyline. He was amazing as a teen whose mother had been shot by a family annihilator because she had cut him off on a highway. The show also had the amazing Constance Towers as the mother of a woman who confessed to being complicit in serial murders and who got the chair (even though she was innocent and lied). 

And OMGEEE!!! Sebastian Roché! As a GOOD GUY! Well, MI6. And here I thought only his Jerry Jax said “Hello, Dahling.”

Nope. His Agent Clyde Easter used those same words to Emily Prentiss (in her ridonkulous arc to usher her character out) in his first appearance. His “Hello, Dahling” had me ❤️💕❤️ 😍😍❤️💕❤️*

*Really need a swooning emoji!!

• Love 3

So Billy Miller had a ‘blink and you missed it’ scene on The Rookie this week. He was in a hospital bed pretty beaten up   I didn’t even see him in the credits but recognized the voice and then did a double take.  This was the first time I’ve seen him in anything since he left GH.

• Useful 1
On 11/17/2021 at 7:29 AM, Sake614 said:

This was the first time I’ve seen him in anything since he left GH.

I know it will never, ever happen, but Billy returning as a recast Jason would be the best Christmas present ever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I know it will never, ever happen, but Billy returning as a recast Jason would be the best Christmas present ever. 

I don’t want a Jason recast. Or even a   Jason original. I want him gone and have him take CsrSon with him.

• Love 5

So I watch Internet pop song reviewer Todd in the Shadows, and his most recent episode is one for his One Hit Wonderland series, on the 2000 hit song "Crazy for This Girl" by Evan and Jaron ("When I look at her, she looks at me, she's got me thinking about her constantly"...I thought this song was amazing as a pre-teen back then, or at least the chorus), and I thought one of the girls in the video looked VERY familiar, and sure enough--it's Kelly Monaco!

This would've been right around the time she started playing Livvie on Port Charles.

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I was watching a Who’s the Boss? marathon on GAC and SB (Jason) played a super-sleazy guy who came on to Alyssa Milano and her friend.  Then the episode right after it featured Sean Kanan -how funny - as another sleazy character.  He looked really good though.  I believe the episodes were from the early 90s before they played Quartermaines.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I was watching a Who’s the Boss? marathon on GAC and SB (Jason) played a super-sleazy guy who came on to Alyssa Milano and her friend.  Then the episode right after it featured Sean Kanan -how funny - as another sleazy character.  He looked really good though.  I believe the episodes were from the early 90s before they played Quartermaines.

I've posted about these appearances in the past. They actually aired in the late 80s. The show ended in '92. 

• Useful 1

SO WEIRD.  I’m watching this Lifetime movie Bound by Blackmail about a cult that is heavily based on NXIVM and guess who plays the cult leader?  Coby Ryan McLaughlin (Shiloh)

• Useful 1

I changed the channel to TCM today to see King Solomon's Mines (1937) with Paul Robeson, Cedric Hardwicke and Roland Young and there was a 24 year old Anna Lee in her 20th (!) film playing the ingenue love interest. Not a whole lot of dialogue, I'd be surprised if the her whole dialogue in the film was 2 pages long but she got a lot of 'Perils of Pauline' close ups.

She was so beautiful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So the first episode of DAYS Beyond Salem S2 landed today. I caught a bit of it and Steve Burton landed with a splash. 😉

Spoiler

OMG the gif/meme makers should have fun with this cheesy crap. But I doubt he'll make the jump to the main show unless the writers  backtrack. He shoots his 2 villainous comrades point blank. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

While he appeared at least six times as different characters, I’m watching Perry Mason and Original!Edward, a.k.a. David Lewis playing the character closest to Edward! How I miss him. His Edward would NEVER kiss Jaysus’s or TSLS’s asses.

As I type, Charles Shaughnessy and Finola Hughes are playing a couple, parents of the victim, on CSI: NY on Charge!.

ETA: The episode is called "Sanguine Love", if you want to watch on Paramount Plus, which has the series, too.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

A little off-topic, but I thought people here might be interested to learn that Maurice Bernard’s son, Joshua, had a prominent role in last week’s episode of The Rehearsal (on HBO). I didn’t even know MB had a son, much less that he was an actor, so I was surprised to learn that’s who was playing teenaged Adam.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

A little off-topic, but I thought people here might be interested to learn that Maurice Bernard’s son, Joshua, had a prominent role in last week’s episode of The Rehearsal (on HBO). I didn’t even know MB had a son, much less that he was an actor, so I was surprised to learn that’s who was playing teenaged Adam.

He's actually been on GH a few times--once playing young Sonny in that "what if" flashback episode and a couple times playing a classmate of Josslyn's.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not a role per se, but Vernee Watson is in a new (assuming national) Wendy’s commercial. 

Cassandra James popped up in video training module I did recently. In one scene, she was descending a staircase oddly similar to the two-story GH hospital set. 

The "Again With This" podcast's coverage of "Melrose Place" has just hit the arc where Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) is playing the mother of Matt's annoying niece Chelsea, as you can see here:

yL9WJWb.jpeg

Said annoying niece is played by Katie Wright, who I remember from the '90s horror comedy "Idle Hands", which also starred Devon Sawa and Jessica Alba AND Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall).

Edited by TeeVee329

NLG also had a role in Murder One, a '90s crime show with Daniel Benzali. So she had her share of prime time along with daytime over the years. (I know I even saw a screen cap of an appearance on Little House on the Prairie that she did when starting out as some saloon girl.)

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

NLG also had a role in Murder One, a '90s crime show with Daniel Benzali. So she had her share of prime time along with daytime over the years. (I know I even saw a screen cap of an appearance on Little House on the Prairie that she did when starting out as some saloon girl.

Aaaand she was the murder victim in the Perry Mason movie, "The Case of the Glass Coffin" too!

But, but, but...watching the classic Perry Mason, Original Edward Quartermaine, David Lewis, appeared at least 6 times, once as the victim, once as the man who loved the innocent defendant, and the others as an asshole. Anna Lee also appeared in the same episode where Julia Seaforth Hayes appeared and played her daughter; we had a very, very young Rick Webber Chris Robinson; the guy who played Dan in the late 70s/early 80s--wasn't he a cop? And of course the lovely Constance Towers--so far, I've counted five episodes for her.

Why yes, I am making a tally of characters from this show who appeared on Perry Mason.  😜

• LOL 1

So I've very randomly been watching clips of 90s "Melrose Place" spin-off "Models Inc." on YT and I guess Emma Samms (Holly Sutton) was brought in to Heather Locklear it up as a "Special Guest Star" uberbitch in a last-ditch effort to save the show:

image.png.35fce7830bb0209082a16f752369ceff.png

How was that received at the time?  From what I've seen...she's fine, but maybe not enough of a shot of Amanda Woodward-esque energy?

Edited by TeeVee329
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I've very randomly been watching clips of 90s "Melrose Place" spin-off "Models Inc." on YT and I guess Emma Samms (Holly Sutton) was brought in to Heather Locklear it up as a "Special Guest Star" uberbitch in a last-ditch effort to save the show:

image.png.35fce7830bb0209082a16f752369ceff.png

How was that received at the time?  From what I've seen...she's fine, but maybe not enough of a shot of Amanda Woodward-esque energy?

I watched that horrid show-only for SueEllen Ewing Linda Gray. And I swear I don’t remember her on that show!

Been watching Murder, She Wrote, and guess what, y’all! Genie Francis played her niece! Except for her first appearance, where they dressed her as a matronly frump, she looked absolutely GORGEOUS! Also, Geary appeared (2 episodes-neither with Genie), Constance Towers, actress who played Gail Baldwin, as a flaky, dim witted, social climbing niece of Angela’s, under her mother’s thumb; John J. York! Emma Samms, Mrs. Barrington! 
And I’m only up to season six!😁

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Murder She Wrote is like a "Spot the GH Actor" contest. Nancy Lee Grahn has been in at least 2 episodes with Jerry Orbach playing different character, and Chris Robinson (Rick Webber) played a pilot in an episode with Kate Mulgrew.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Murder She Wrote is like a "Spot the GH Actor" contest. Nancy Lee Grahn has been in at least 2 episodes with Jerry Orbach playing different character, and Chris Robinson (Rick Webber) played a pilot in an episode with Kate Mulgrew.

D’OH! Right! Forgot about Nancy and Chris! And Jerry Orbach’s character got his own show, which sadly only lasted a year. But he would join Law & Order mothership in 1992.

We also had the actor from Mr. Ed,  who played a goon during the Ice Princess saga.

• Useful 1

I watched Jordan Peele's Nope over the weekend and saw Lexi Ainsworth credited as a stunt performer at the end. Apparently it's the one and only Lexi of GH fame, as it's included on her IMDb. Her only stunt credit to date. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
On 10/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, statsgirl said:

Is that "Murder, She Wrote" the one with Mulgrew as a snooty heiress whose necklace gets stolen during an overnight flight to London?

On 10/27/2022 at 8:23 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for her first appearance, where they dressed her as a matronly frump, she looked absolutely GORGEOUS!

Unfortunately the matronly frump vibe was a popular look for the early 80's. You look at yearbooks for that time and all the girls are dressed up in frilly necks with long sleeves and long dresses like they're 60 years old.

Anyway, I've always seen the Keith storyline as when Melrose Place went from a low-key drama about twentysomething friends akin to 30-something to...well, what it became. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, RedElf said:

Well, there was just an announcement this morning that Steve Burton is going to Days.  He was in the Digital series last summer, but now he's coming to the main show.

Joy. Rapture. Bleah.