Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

The kid that plays "Jake" is in the current season of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (hope I got the title right) - he is basically the same kid, reasonably cheerful and pleasant and fairly natural.

(edited)

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I just read somewhere that Tristan Rogers was originally considered for the part of Father Ralph in The Thorn Birds before they cast Richard Chamberlain instead. Well...it would have brought the number of actual Australians in the cast up to two! (Along with Bryan Brown--although ironically Father Ralph was one of the NON-Australian characters.) 

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1

Valentin had a 2-minute scene in the movie It’s Complicated playing a plastic surgeon that Meryl Streep consults with.  In that short scene I was really reminded of what a great actor he is - he looked the same as he does on GH but it took me a few seconds to recognize him, his mannerisms were completely different.

My son has been watching all of the old Disney sitcoms on Disney Plus and Michael keeps showing up in them.  Diane also has a trueing character in the entire Jessie series.  He laughs when he sees her on GH now when I’m watching.

• Love 1

Bored and looking for some light-hearted movie after binging through Broadchurch, I found Imagine That, a funny movie filled with heart starring Eddie Murphy. And a cameo by a SCRUMPTIOUS YUMMY looking James Patrick Stewart! Movie was from 2009. 

Jason David (Aiden) has a starring role in Season 2 of NOS4A2.

The show is based on a novel by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son, so it's a comedy. ;-)

Premieres Sunday, June 21st, on AMC.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:08 PM, lb60 said:

Jason David (Aiden) has a starring role in Season 2 of NOS4A2.

The show is based on a novel by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son, so it's a comedy. 😉

Premieres Sunday, June 21st, on AMC.

saw current lulu on an episode of csi MIAMI  character was like 9 months preggors and she was the wife/girfriend of the nerdy guy who checks out the bodies in the field...he went to a high school reunion left her at home ...another one the guy that plays Peter ?henrik  he was a lab tec same show with a specialty...he had his hair back in a pony tail.

Haley pulos who plays molly and is 22 years old was in an episode of the vampire series MOONLIGHT  in the episode "fever" she was the little 8 year old girl...  Micks  friend Beth is outside  with the child and the childs cell phone goes off cell phone goes off  

Just finished binging Tin Star on Amazon Prime.  Stars Tim Roth and a bunch of other talented actors.

Dominic Zamprogna has a role in season 2.  It's a minor character but it is pretty interesting, and he did a good job with it. This was a couple of years ago.

BTW, the series is shot in Alberta and has beautiful scenic shots throughout.  But that is in contrast to the storyline!

Finally getting around to plowing through "Homeland," and Bradford Anderson plays a computer guy in a data farm. He has very few lines in the two eps he's in, but he does get his name in the opening credits rather than at the end.

• Love 1

One thing I've noticed is how many priests John Ingle played over the years! He played the priest who married Rick & Jo on The Facts of Life, he played a priest in the movie The Stepfather III (the ill-fated priest, I should say...yikes). Being cast as Edward Quartermaine must have been a relief just to get away from the typecasting!

He did play the principal in the cult classic Heathers, though, so that's SLIGHTLY different, at least. :P

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, UYI said:

Being cast as Edward Quartermaine must have been a relief just to get away from the typecasting!

He played an unprincipled Business owner/CEO?/CFO? of a bath wash that resulted in a bad body rash on Who's the Boss? in its first season. So good choice to play Edward.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Murder She Wrote is a great "Spot the Soap Star, Take a Drink" game. Last night I saw Genie Francis, extremely tan and making out with a cross-dressing Kenickie from Grease, which don't tell me Grease isn't soapy, Tonight brought a very young and blond Brian Kerwin, and now Mitchell Ryan (Frank Smith), Nicholas Pryor (Victor Collins), and Stephen Macht (Trevor Lansing). I think Macht is fixing to get killed right now, he just called Jessica Fletcher to tell her something SUPER IMPORTANT and she blew him off.

ETA: TWIST! Trevor Lansing isn't the corpse, he's the innnocent framed suspect! I'm not sure who died. It was some blonde lady. I'm might be having a trough time following.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1

Josh Strickland (Chase) is in California Christmas on Netflix. Interestingly he co-stars with his wife, who also wrote and produced the movie. It's actually pretty good and has some funny characters but also poignant moments. Not the worst xmas movie out there (I think I am at about a dozen watched so far this season and it was certainly one of the better ones).

And because it is set in California, JS is often shirtless.

A California Christmas

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

As I was scrolling to find something to watch, found that Hallmark Drama is airing Perry Mason: The. Case of the Killer Kiss-which aired in 1993 and starred with three of this show’s alumni!

1. Stuart Damon 

2. Genie Francis

3. Sean Kanan

I think all three were on GH at the time. Of course it also starred other soap stars as well. It was Raymond Burr’s last performance as Perry.😭😭

Lord, but Genie is absolutely beautiful. Good bones and genes.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I was watching a Danish show called "Equinox" on Netflix, and Faison popped up. Anders Hove is only listed as being in the first episode, and it wasn't a long scene, but it's always good to see him.

Oh, I'll have to look for that. I haven't seen Hove in anything but GH, where he so delectably chews the scenery. It would be nice to see him as someone less cartoonish. (I say that with love.)

• Love 2

This will be news to no one, but we are finally watching True Blood and really liking Jessica Tuck in it.  Her role isn’t huge, but she hit the main credits in season 4 and has been on ~half the episodes so far.  I see a little bit of her Nan character in Ca-SAN-dra/Ca-saaaahn-dra, but the latter is a clearly watered-down variant.  

Ashley Jones (Parker) has been on, and both Nathan Parsons and Carolyn Hennesy are coming up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

OH.MY.GOD.

I've been watching one of my favorite 80s sitcoms, Who's the Boss? and Steven Burton guest starred in the 6th season (1990) as some skeevy dude, with BRIGHT blonde hair in a mullet!

He.was.Horrible.

A palette cleanser: Sean Kanan is in another episode as a baseball player! :D 

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, UYI said:

A palette cleanser: Sean Kanan is in another episode as a baseball player! 😄

I know! Even if he was all about the money and not about the game. And of course, in the first season, we had John Ingle as a greedy company owner, whose shower gel caused Tony to get a rash all over his body!

ETA: watching “Take Me Back to the Ballgame” and there’s just no contest-Sean Kanan is LEAGUES BETTER of an actor than Steve “blink-blink” Burton.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2020 at 9:34 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

As I was scrolling to find something to watch, found that Hallmark Drama is airing Perry Mason: The. Case of the Killer Kiss-which aired in 1993 and starred with three of this show’s alumni!

1. Stuart Damon 

2. Genie Francis

3. Sean Kanan

I think all three were on GH at the time. Of course it also starred other soap stars as well. It was Raymond Burr’s last performance as Perry.😭😭

Lord, but Genie is absolutely beautiful. Good bones and genes.

The PM movies always had soap alums through the years Linda Dano was in this one as well I believe. 

I

• Useful 1

Just saw Johnny Wactor (Brando) in a national pharma commercial. He’s on-screen pretty much the whole time running in a 5K race. He does have a line at the end but the voiceover throughout doesn’t sound like him. 

• Love 2

I've been re-watching NYPD Blue on DVD, and last night, I saw an episode from season 3 with Billy Warlock as a guy grieving over the rape/murder of his girlfriend (and no, he wasn't the one who did it). 

This would have been about a year or two before he started playing AJ. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, mbluecpa said:

Just saw Johnny Wactor (Brando) in a national pharma commercial. He’s on-screen pretty much the whole time running in a 5K race. He does have a line at the end but the voiceover throughout doesn’t sound like him. 

THANK YOU!  I saw that commercial this morning and did like a 10 take and still couldn’t determine if it was him 100%.  Came here to see if anyone else saw it 🤣.  

• Love 3

Every once in a while I see the non-NLG Alexis (Susan Diol) in a rerun of something. She was such a Hey It's That Gal of series television for so long. One example is that Seinfeld episode in which she's a George girlfriend, and Kramer blurts out to her what George has been saying behind her back: that she'd be pretty if she got a nose job.

I wasn't a fan of her take on Alexis when she had a couple of stints in the early 21st century, when NLG had a family bereavement issue. NLG could play the character's neurosis and keep her grounded and intelligent; Diol's version just seemed like a comedic ditz. I remember the Sonny/Alexis fan contingent being annoyed because one of her runs coincided with big developments for them, and they would have preferred to see NLG play the scenes. A trip to the island, maybe.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I wasn't a fan of her take on Alexis when she had a couple of stints in the early 21st century, when NLG had a family bereavement issue. NLG could play the character's neurosis and keep her grounded and intelligent; Diol's version just seemed like a comedic ditz. I remember the Sonny/Alexis fan contingent being annoyed because one of her runs coincided with big developments for them, and they would have preferred to see NLG play the scenes. A trip to the island, maybe.

Fun fact about Susan Diol: She's the ex-Mrs. Shaun Cassidy!

• Love 1
On 12/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, bannana said:

Josh Strickland (Chase) is in California Christmas on Netflix. Interestingly he co-stars with his wife, who also wrote and produced the movie. It's actually pretty good and has some funny characters but also poignant moments. Not the worst xmas movie out there (I think I am at about a dozen watched so far this season and it was certainly one of the better ones).

And because it is set in California, JS is often shirtless.

A California Christmas

Looks like their movie did pretty well; and a sequel is in the works.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I saw "Anthony Zacchara" (Bruce Weitz) as the Senate Majority Leader on an old West Wing. He acted kind of like a gangster in that role too, but it was fitting.

Random story: When Anthony was a character on the show, I was in between apartments and living at my parents for a few months.  Every night my Mom and I would hunker down and watch the day's episode and whenever BW would be on screen when my Dad happened to walk by, he'd yell "Belker!" (his Hill Street Blues character).

To this day, if my Mom and I are talking GH and he's present, he asks "Where's my boy, Belker?" 😂

• LOL 4

I don't think there's a forum for this show, and given the GH stars that came from it I might as well share it here:

There is a YouTube channel, ABC Soap Memories, that has a LOT of clips/full episodes from the dearly departed soap Loving, which of course was the launching pad for a very young Laura Wright (nee Sisk). It's so funny to see her as the much nicer Ally, given how...different Carly is in comparison, lol.

And this scene is really cute, too!

Also, from another channel, here's the episode of Loving where everyone learns the identity of the infamous Corinth Serial Killer. In between those scenes, are ones with LW's Ally and another future GH star, Ted King! It's kind of like watching CarLo before they were CarLo, hee! (Yes, I know LW's Carly wasn't paired with Lorenzo, but it's still funny to me.)

Lisa LoCicero was also on Loving during its final months, and made the transition with LW and others on the show to The City, but I haven't found anything of her on the former show yet. Fingers crossed! :)

• Love 1
On 2/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, UYI said:

Lisa LoCicero was also on Loving during its final months, and made the transition with LW and others on the show to The City,

Didn't she play Ted King's sister? Maybe a lawyer or business woman.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Didn't she play Ted King's sister? Maybe a lawyer or business woman.

She played a lawyer named Jocelyn, who became involved with Randy Mantooth's character, Alex Masters (speaking of GH alumni, RM briefly played Richard Halifax on this show around 1993...and absolutely HATED it, according to an interview he did a few years back; he returned to Loving shortly after leaving GH--in fairness, that was during the half of Wendy Riche's era just prior to the Labines coming on as head writers; I could see the atmosphere behind the scenes being a bit chaotic as a result).

I don't know if her character was related to Ted King's character or not, though. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2021 at 11:53 PM, Asp Burger said:

I saw "Anthony Zacchara" (Bruce Weitz) as the Senate Majority Leader on an old West Wing. He acted kind of like a gangster in that role too, but it was fitting.

West Wing is on HBO Max now, and it's a GH bonanza. Megan Ward (original Kate) plays a congressional staffer in one episode. Vernee Watson-Johnson (Aunt Stella) plays a maternity nurse who takes Toby in to see his twins, and then she comments on the distastefulness of the TV news showing home movies of Bartlet with Zoey when she was a little girl. And Joyce Guy (Phyllis) has a recurring role in the later seasons as an aggressive White House reporter.

Vernee and Joyce barely look any older today! I'd never guess that 15+ years have gone by. MW looked good too in her brief appearance as Ghost Kate/Connie not long ago. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2021 at 5:34 AM, Asp Burger said:

West Wing is on HBO Max now, and it's a GH bonanza. Megan Ward (original Kate) plays a congressional staffer in one episode. Vernee Watson-Johnson (Aunt Stella) plays a maternity nurse who takes Toby in to see his twins, and then she comments on the distastefulness of the TV news showing home movies of Bartlet with Zoey when she was a little girl. And Joyce Guy (Phyllis) has a recurring role in the later seasons as an aggressive White House reporter.

Vernee and Joyce barely look any older today! I'd never guess that 15+ years have gone by. MW looked good too in her brief appearance as Ghost Kate/Connie not long ago. 

Claire Coffee (Nadine) also played one of Will's White House interns! 

• Love 1

I recently rewatched the episode of Frasier that featured JPS as French ski instructor Guy, who is lusting after Niles. I guess that’s where he first practiced all the French he speaks to Charlotte, lol. He was very funny in that episode. Hot, too.

• Love 1

Someone on YT has access to very old material from Days of Our Lives. Here is Denise Alexander (Lesley Webber) as Susan Martin (who would later be in a lot of story with Horton granddaughter Julie) with Macdonald Carey's Dr. Tom Horton, all the way back in 1966! Just a year or so after the show's debut:

• Love 3
On 4/19/2021 at 1:11 AM, mbluecpa said:

Sabastian Roche (Jerry) played a small-town sheriff on the spring premiere of Big Sky this week. Looks like he might be back in future episodes. 

It’s so weird hearing him speak with an American accent!

I’m watching a Lifetime movie The Nanny Murders - Shiloh is the   baddy,  Charlotte is his kid (she’s not as creepy here - so far) and the more recent Dillon Quartermaine is the main character’s love interest.  Triple GH sighting!

• Love 1

This is a sibling of a GH star's outside role, but I keep forgetting to mention it so I will now:

For those of you who don't know, Leslie Charleson's younger sister, Kate Charleson, played Janice, the woman Jeff Daniels cheated on Debra Winger with in Terms of Endearment. It was, in fact, her first film role.

Sadly, Kate committed suicide in 1996. 

So with the release of the new "Mortal Kombat movie, I've been on a bit of a video game movie kick, which led me to watch 1994's very dumb "Double Dragon".  And who was I shocked to see as the whip-wielding, femme fatale henchwoman to Robert Patrick's Big Bad but Kristina Wagner (Felicia Scorpio)!

She looked great, but poor dear, she had to deliver the line "Now who's the boss" to a character played by Alyssa Milano, wah wah.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2