Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

I hope Dorinda remains being herself next year and doesn't feel that every season she needs to come up with a new catch phrase or more outrageous behavior.  

I hope she brings it every year. Her new catch phrases are pretty awesome.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When Lu gets married again, Dorinda can wear the bridesmaid dress again!

Lord I know someone who did something like that, except the first wedding was cancelled 5 weeks before it happened.  Bad thing was she asked a newer friend to be an additional bridesmaid for the second go round (different guy) but then had to tell that friend she couldn't be a bridesmaid because they couldn't get another matching dress.....very tacky. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When Lu gets married again, Dorinda can wear the bridesmaid dress again!

That's Luann -- always the bride, never the bridesmaid!

Given Luann's track record, I don't see that as much of a compliment...

Wasn't intended as one :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

If you guys can watch WWHL on-demand, Sarah Paulson and Elisabeth Moss play Dorinda and Bethenny during the hand-stab dinner in Mexico. SP is really funny when she's saying, "Ya mean... ya mean, Bethenny... Thank you for the Skinny Girl day."

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
21 hours ago, film noire said:

Beautiful picture.

And there's an old photo of Princess Di (with her head and hand in roughly the same position) which is very similar to this -- not quite a sisterly resemblance, but cousins? I'd buy that.

Awesome photo.  Dorinda looks very pretty.

18 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If you guys can watch WWHL on-demand, Sarah Paulson and Elisabeth Moss play Dorinda and Bethenny during the hand-stab dinner in Mexico. SP is really funny when she's saying, "Ya mean... ya mean, Bethenny... Thank you for the Skinny Girl day."

Sarah Paulson's impersonation was awesome!

• Love 5
On 9/6/2017 at 3:48 PM, ghoulina said:

My favorite Dorinda moment will always been when Sonja was bragging about party guests on her yacht and Dorinda said, "Well, John-John's dead, so that's difficult". 

When two friends of mine were schtupping each other and I had to act like I didn't know, I always told myself, "They were making love at night after drinking heavily. We're not crying about that."

It's not quotable, but I still crack up thinking about her making Carole play the balloon game!

I love that Dorinda wore her reunion dress! She has very expensive taste, so it's good that she re-wears thing.

• Love 5

When two friends of mine were schtupping each other and I had to act like I didn't know, I always told myself, "They were making love at night after drinking heavily. We're not crying about that."

Hee!

I found it funny that Sarah is so crazy about Dorinda's walk.

• Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 3:33 PM, JakeyJokes said:

I can see how she would feel pressure, but what I can admire about Dorinda is that her outbursts seem to be organic - by which I mean, they would have happened without the camera. She was genuinely at her wit's end during the "I made it nice!" breakdown, and only used it as a tongue-in-cheek phrase later.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:24 PM, BBHN said:

I hope she brings it every year. Her new catch phrases are pretty awesome.

As long as they are spontaneous and off the cuff then yes, absolutely, bring it on Dorinda, but if they are forced or planned then that's a big no for me no matter how funny. 

• Love 4
On 1/29/2018 at 1:49 AM, film noire said:

Cool post from Dorinda (and likely her strategy next time Moaner goes on a rampage in her home);

Do we think honestly think Ramona has the emotional intelligence of an elephant?

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Being that it is a rainy day in the Berkshires, Doris has nothing better to do than sell cashmere mufflers...

...in May, whilst perched on a concrete lotus flower.  <ouch>

Slightly odd.

Screenshot (30).png

Remember the scene where Dorinda was showing off her toned arms-not so much anymore.  Compare Luann's arms this season to her present day-it is all about the booze and bloat.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Remember the scene where Dorinda was showing off her toned arms-not so much anymore.  Compare Luann's arms this season to her present day-it is all about the booze and bloat.  

It's not just the arms.   Dorinda looks 10 years older than she did when she started three years ago.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've been in sales all of my adult life, but not marketing.  I know that modern marketing via social media is a different animal than traditional marketing.  I'm in Dorinda's demographic age-wise.  Now all that said, I question the wisdom of using someone as a brand ambassador/paid endorser, who is solely (I'm pretty sure) known by their appearance on a reality TV program; one where the're often seen as a mumbling, slurring, alcohol abuser.  Especially when my brand's name is FabFitFun.  Do those 'followed by' numbers mean absolutely everything at the exclusion of anything else?  Must be.

The screen grab includes her caption.

Screenshot (37).png

eta - She is shown as having 537,000 followers on her Instagram account.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ugh...not that FabFitFun box bullshit again...Carole pushed those first last season...then a few weeks ago Tinsley began pushing them. Now Dorinda?!

I guess I hate that shit less than the ridiculous teas/shakes every other reality star pushes at some point, but it’s still just so obvious  and vaguely pathetic when you see these same exact items being peddled by every other cast member on these shows.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 10

I was gifted a FabFitFun subscription last year. My problem with it was I found only one item out of each box useful and ended up with a lot of excess junk to give away. So now when I see reality stars and various celebs opening the boxes on social media I wonder what they're doing with the excess. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've been in sales all of my adult life, but not marketing.  I know that modern marketing via social media is a different animal than traditional marketing.  I'm in Dorinda's demographic age-wise.  Now all that said, I question the wisdom of using someone as a brand ambassador/paid endorser, who is solely (I'm pretty sure) known by their appearance on a reality TV program; one where the're often seen as a mumbling, slurring, alcohol abuser.  Especially when my brand's name is FabFitFun.  Do those 'followed by' numbers mean absolutely everything at the exclusion of anything else?  Must be.

The screen grab includes her caption.

Screenshot (37).png

eta - She is shown as having 537,000 followers on her Instagram account.

Apparently Instagram followers multiply dramatically- I am not signaling Dorinda out.  I remember when Gigi Hadids use to multiply by millions over night.  I have a hard time believing Gigi has 40 million people who even know who she is.

As to all these paid endorsements-I believe the way it works is the celeb gets paid if some signs up and uses their code.  Otherwise free merchandise.

• Love 5

I wonder if Dorinda's alcoholism is going to be a topic as the season continues. The term has been thrown around a lot with other cast members, but with Dorinda it is legit. I'd like to see her get help, but I think she is very far from that. 

• Love 9

Yeah, Dorinda definitely gives me alcoholic vibes: not just a fun drunk, but a literal semi-functioning alcoholic. I think she takes sips throughout the day/every day and her lifestyle allows for it: wake up with a workout and/or charity meeting followed by a long boozy brunch/lunch, take her daily afternoon nap to sorta sleep it off, then hit up happy hour, then either hit a drink-laden social event and/or dinner, maybe post-dinner drinks...lather, rinse repeat.

Doesn’t sound like such a bad lifestyle, actually, but apparently the cracks have been starting to slow for a while—-that lifestyle doesn’t work well long-term for most otherwise healthy people.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, LemonSoda said:

I was gifted a FabFitFun subscription last year. My problem with it was I found only one item out of each box useful and ended up with a lot of excess junk to give away. So now when I see reality stars and various celebs opening the boxes on social media I wonder what they're doing with the excess. 

I'm too picky to sign up for  boxes like those.

Like you I rarely see even one item I might like. One time that I did I found it being resold on eBay but I didn't buy it once I got a better look at it.  

Hate that picture of her. The dress is hideous. 

Edited by Giselle
:-P
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 3:33 PM, JakeyJokes said:

"I made it nice!" breakdown, and only used it as a tongue-in-cheek phrase later.

She's monitized it!  In her FabFitFun box shill on her Instagram acct., that was the discount code for a $10 discount.  

• Love 3
On 6/2/2018 at 8:55 AM, QuinnM said:

There is a Sex and the City Marathon on E!.  So next week I can catch the ‘Dorinda’ episode on Tivo.  Anyone remember what I’m looking for?

Season 2 episode 2, The Awful Truth. The character that Dorinda inspired is Susan Sharon. Susan Sharon shows up briefly in season 4 episode 15 too.

1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

Season 2 episode 2, The Awful Truth. The character that Dorinda inspired is Susan Sharon. Susan Sharon shows up briefly in season 4 episode 15 too.

I caught The Auful Truth on tivo last night.  Ok, that’s Dorinda.  Cashmere?  Richard on London time?  Hard to believe they could get away with something so on point.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I caught The Auful Truth on tivo last night.  Ok, that’s Dorinda.  Cashmere?  Richard on London time?  Hard to believe they could get away with something so on point.

I thought it was Dorinda’s first husband who was a jerk?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I caught The Auful Truth on tivo last night.  Ok, that’s Dorinda. Cashmere?  Richard on London time?  Hard to believe they could get away with something so on point.

Susan Sharon and her husband are modeled on Dorinda and Hannah's father, Ralph Lynch. No one outside of Manhattan knew who either of these folks were.

In season 2 episode 17, JFK Jr. (SJP's actual ex) rescues Samantha from social ostracism, but had died by the DVD release so they changed it to Leonardo DiCaprio, which never made as much sense as the original choice.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 10:54 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

In her FabFitFun box shill on her Instagram acct., that was the discount code for a $10 discount.  

Only ten bucks -- so just slightly discounted! ;)

Who did Dorinda's make-up here -  Sonja? (And what an unflattering photo of Jill, who usually looks fantastic. Her hair alone -- it's looking not well, bitch.)

@hoodooznoodooz --  glad it's not just me -- it's almost eerie (from certain angles) how much Adam looks like a young JFK Jr (the one Sonja partied with ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 10:12 AM, Giselle said:

I'm too picky to sign up for  boxes like those.

Like you I rarely see even one item I might like. One time that I did I found it being resold on eBay but I didn't buy it once I got a better look at it.  

Hate that picture of her. The dress is hideous. 

The dress is hideous, but I think her face looks adorable. 

• Love 2
On 6/3/2018 at 2:04 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The dress is hideous, but I think her face looks adorable. 

Yes! I do hate the dress and that's all I really saw but Dorinda most always takes a good picture.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I thought that was awfully tame.     We know what Dorinda is like when she is mad and that wasn't it.

Well, Dorinda is the mad hatter when she is drunk as a skunk but far tamer/milder sober/semi sober and I think this was the latter!

• Love 4
On 6/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, QuinnM said:

What did they get away with? 

7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What did they get away with? 

It’s been a long time since I saw that episode, but I think the original poster meant that if those two characters are based on Dorinda and her first husband, they show us two very angry individuals who yell at one another constantly and seem to hate one another and have no respect for one another. So if I were Dorinda, I would be appalled; especially if my friends recognized that those characters were based on my first husband and me. To the point where I might try to get that episode canned. But the producers seem to have gotten away with broadcasting it with no consequences.