Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Anybody know what caused the sea change in Hannah's attitude toward John? From recent snapshots it seems as though she's. Is drlighted to be hanging on him, not just in the same room. 

(Yes, I might be asking for a friend whose otherwise-sensible daughter is acting a fool w/regard to her mother's new guy...)

I think that is just one photo. Hannah likes the cameras. If you look at her Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter - it's only photos of her, her friends, Dorinda, her dad, her stepdad, grandpa, grandma, NOT one photo with John. So I don't think she;s changed her "mind" about him

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

@KungFuBunny, makes some sense, thanks.

I'm disappointed, had hoped to get  some insights to encourage the friend. Well, life c'est la vie, to misquote Luann Dagostino! ?

I hope it works out for your friend soon and maybe you can come back and chime in

cest-bon-rhony-luann.gif?w=685

• Love 4

During Dorinda´s talking heads in s09e09 she kept reminding me of someone and then it dawned on me, she looked exactly like Olivia Bentley from Made in Chelsea, if Olivia was 20+ years older. It´s a very extreme resemblance, at least to me. It might have been the way she was styled during this th that made it so noticeable.

• Love 2

So, there I was last night hanging out here in THE BERKSHIRES, minding my business. I grew up in the Berkshires, so I was hanging at a spot that was all locals - not touristy at all, and with a bunch of my friends who I grew up with. Someone who joined us suddenly mentions that Dorinda is at a specific restaurant for her cousin's party or something and did we want to go check her out. Everyone squealed, but in the end we decided not to since it was more of a drive than we wanted to take at that point in the night and many of us had been drinking. This other guy then starts telling us how he is currently doing some work on Blue Stone Manner - he didn't call it that, he called it "that lady's house." When we asked about her this is his direct quote:

"She's some lady, man. She gets up and within an hour of waking up she makes herself a margarita. I love working for her though, really cool lady to work for, always very nice and she's a ton of fun. I'd do work on her house any time."

People who grew up here don't have a ton of patience for the NYC crowd - assuming most of them are like Ramona, so this was pretty high praise. Sounds like Dorinda does indeed always make it nice. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

"She gets up and within an hour of waking up she makes herself a margarita."

Aw, that's too bad  -- wish she wasn't a lush, that never ends well.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can someone explain what Dorinda means when she starts yelling, "Back that shit up!" Is she telling someone to provide receipts? Or take back what they said?

Sorry...Google Translate still does not have a drop down bucket for Dorindian

Dorinda did this when yelling at Kristen. This was in reference to John grabbing Kristen and grinding against her. I think Dorinda was saying, John was inappropriate but you had a hand in that too by shimmying up against him first.

Only in the Dorindian, she said something about being coquettish, don't do that, back that shit up, and something about if you don't want a sammich don't make a sammich.

tumblr_nsxmn3ABP71ql5yr7o2_500.gif&key=4

• Love 6

KungFuBunny, I do live for your posts and videos!

google translate: Dorindian! That would be fun to play around with. 

In my memory, Kristin didn't really do anything inappropriate. She danced with John, while Sonja was on the other side of John. But K didn't rub up against him, did she?

But back to my original question:

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Only in the Dorindian, she said something about being coquettish, don't do that, back that shit up, and something about if you don't want a sammich don't make a sammich.

It is in the above sentence that her use of that expression confuses me. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sorry...Google Translate still does not have a drop down bucket for Dorindian

Dorinda did this when yelling at Kristen. This was in reference to John grabbing Kristen and grinding against her. I think Dorinda was saying, John was inappropriate but you had a hand in that too by shimmying up against him first.

I may reconsider day drinking, after realizing Dorinda's rant almost made sense to me.  :-(

12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my memory, Kristin didn't really do anything inappropriate. She danced with John, while Sonja was on the other side of John. But K didn't rub up against him, did she?

My hazy memory recalls some Kristen ass grinding reciprocation, along with the requisite almost-offended giggle (the same one she tittered when confronted with pervy George).  The Lady doth protest too much.  She reproduced with that reptilian husband of hers, and let him wear a douche hat (not to mention letting him & saint Heather diss her soundly during the "fun/obstacle run").  I did covet her haircut, though - almost as much as I covet Dorinda's effortless looking hairstyle.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hey hoodooznoodooz

What I remember about the Kristen/John scene....Kristen and Sonja were moving around with John in the middle. John was facing Sonja and Kristen was hanging on his back. They were all laughing. Then John turned around and he turned Kristen around and smacked her hip and pulled her towards his groin.

In the Berkshires, Kristen started telling Ramona what happenned and said she got uncomfortable. She said more in her TH shot.

Dorinda walked in and heard some of the conversation.

Back that shit up.

You better back it up

In Dorindian, I think it has many meanings. I also think the Dirty Martini Blood Level plays a factor.

In this particular scene I think what Dorinda was trying to convey to Kristen was that Kristen didn't have clean hands, she played a part in John's actions. She wasn't standing alone minding her own business when a pervert came up to her and just grinded up against her ass.

Maybe one day we'll also understand the meaning of her Yosemite Sam hand movements

BXC15MR.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
On June 25, 2017 at 3:30 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Hey hoodooznoodooz

What I remember about the Kristen/John scene....Kristen and Sonja were moving around with John in the middle. John was facing Sonja and Kristen was hanging on his back. They were all laughing. Then John turned around and he turned Kristen around and smacked her hip and pulled her towards his groin.

In the Berkshires, Kristen started telling Ramona what happenned and said she got uncomfortable. She said more in her TH shot.

Dorinda walked in and heard some of the conversation.

Back that shit up.

You better back it up

In Dorindian, I think it has many meanings. I also think the Dirty Martini Blood Level plays a factor.

In this particular scene I think what Dorinda was trying to convey to Kristen was that Kristen didn't have clean hands, she played a part in John's actions. She wasn't standing alone minding her own business when a pervert came up to her and just grinded up against her ass.

Maybe one day we'll also understand the meaning of her Yosemite Sam hand movements

BXC15MR.gif

From watching the scene with Kristen, I got the distinct impression that when John pulled her into his groin, he poked her with an erection.  Her reaction was immediate, and very similar to when Aviva's perv father groped at her breast.  She laughed it off but moved away quickly.   I thought this even when I disliked Kristen. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
Damn autocorrect
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

From watching the scene with Kristen, I got the distinct impression that when John pulled her into his groin, he poked her with an erection.  Her reaction was immediate, and very similar to when Aviva's perv father groped at her breast.  She laughed it off but moved away quickly.   I thought this even when I disliked Kristen. 

Barf - yes I agree John went too far

sonjakristendancing.gif?itok=AmrbOFZe

Remember Kristen's husband at the bar in his Freddy Kreuger hat?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hannah & Dorinda promote her product

Not Well Bitch!

She did the show because John really wanted to promote Madame Paulette, but I don't know that I've seen a housewife be so quick to monetize herself like Dorinda. So many of these dodo birds will come up with catchphrases and wait for 2 seasons to put it on a t-shirt. This year, Dorinda is killing it. She says something on Wednesday; her merchandise is up for sale by Friday.

• Love 7

19120989_738052719700628_499679281361924

There must be a Jenga thing going on - I've posted several pics of various HW with Jenga - same with the Vengeful Bitches Tank Tops that had to do with a movie premiere.

I love Dorinda's wardrobe - She is not afraid of patterns and colors

• Love 3
On 7/6/2017 at 1:11 PM, KungFuBunny said:

19120989_738052719700628_499679281361924

There must be a Jenga thing going on - I've posted several pics of various HW with Jenga - same with the Vengeful Bitches Tank Tops that had to do with a movie premiere.

I love Dorinda's wardrobe - She is not afraid of patterns and colors

I have /had a lot of the same pieces.

impressed that she still fit in her clothes from the 90 and 2000's.

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

36 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I love her dress but OMG, I really can't stand The Fat Jewish (or whatever the hell his na

So he is pivoting from being the Fat Jew to Fat Jewish?

2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So he is pivoting from being the Fat Jew to Fat Jewish?

Is that his name?  I thought I heard someone call him The Fat Jewish (MDL:NY maybe?) and I was trying to figure out if saying Jewish vs Jew made it somehow less offensive.

• Love 1

Dorinda from a couple seasons ago when she went off on Heather....

MGI1YjhlYmQxZiMvb041dFNhZGM4WGx1ZkpkTWpB

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24098-1439812897-5.

Dorinda in Mexico, this season.  Notice the top.  It's the same one. Maybe she has a bad reaction to silk and the big earrings tug on some nerve in her head that make her go off like a lunatic?

giphy%20(7)_2.gif

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I hope Dorinda remains being herself next year and doesn't feel that every season she needs to come up with a new catch phrase or more outrageous behavior.  

I can see how she would feel pressure, but what I can admire about Dorinda is that her outbursts seem to be organic - by which I mean, they would have happened without the camera. She was genuinely at her wit's end during the "I made it nice!" breakdown, and only used it as a tongue-in-cheek phrase later.

• Love 10