Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

Yikes. On WWHL, Andy showed a clip of himself from the show Lip-Sync Battle, where he's performing a Loverboy song with two gals, and he shared that the producers told him to tone it down because he was too "rapey" with them. Dorinda then said "we should call Kristen Taekman." I guess referring to her inappropriate dance (whatever it was) with her bf John. I guess Twitter is not the only place Dorinda is pretty bitchy.

Wow, that was nasty of Dorinda! I guess her "sweet tweets" about and to Kristen are not heartfelt at all but are instead an act!

• Love 4
(edited)

And when asked about the tweets from a caller, she says they're not nasty. 

She really didn't own that she was drunk or making no sense at the FU dinner.

I just can't stand her.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10

I just can't stand her.

She did not like that question about her nasty tweeting at all. Me thinks she heard a lot about this at the reunion.

• Love 5

Dorinda can't admit that she can be wrong.  From her blog regarding her crying because Heather didn't wait for her:

I know that some of the viewers think I overreacted as we were walking into the restaurant, but remember you only see snippets of what’s going on. Let me set the record straight: I simply was excited to see the girls and walk into the restaurant with them. I think Heather's reaction was—as it often is—harsh and condescending. Maybe she was so happy to finally have a moment with Bethenny that she was feeling a little too cocky. In my world, we still get excited to see our girlfriends and even walking into an event with them is a fun thing. I guess that was not the case here.

That's just nasty, especially for someone who made a fool of herself.  Then at the FU dinner, she admits she may have had too much to drink but....  She wouldn't let go of the Heather/Lu argument at the bedazzle party even when Lu and Heather made up. 

If Dorinda doesn't 'win' she won't stop (and she basically said this in a TH) until the end.  Well, except for Beth.  Someone else besides Ro is kissing Beth's ass.  Imagine if Heather did the same imitation of Dorinda that Beth did?  

• Love 11

I just can't stand her.

She really is quite awful. I hope she gets an entire universe of shit heaped upon her for her Twitter nastiness. Ordinarily I'd say that there's a fine line between bringing it and being an asshole. Claudia Jordan stepped over that line on Atlanta, but she never crossed a line like Dorinda. Dorinda has been a relentless nasty jerk. I don't think I've soured on a housewife so quickly.

• Love 6

Dorinda sure got high marks on WWHL.  I believe Andy said pairing her with Shannon Beador was an "iconic" pairing.  I then watched the after show and some called in and said whoever cast the two of them was great and Andy agreed.  I am thinking the door is open for Dorinda to return.

• Love 4

Dorinda sure got high marks on WWHL.  I believe Andy said pairing her with Shannon Beador was an "iconic" pairing.  I then watched the after show and some called in and said whoever cast the two of them was great and Andy agreed.  I am thinking the door is open for Dorinda to return.

Not only that, but she also got a shout-out from Lady Gaga (Andy loves her). He has also called her a great addition to the cast. She's a lock for next season.

• Love 6

Not only that, but she also got a shout-out from Lady Gaga (Andy loves her). He has also called her a great addition to the cast. She's a lock for next season.

I have zero doubt she will be asked back. She did well in Reality TV world. Her best asset is that she is lacking in self-awareness, much like Ramona, but not to her extent. Talking on and on about how horrid it is for folks to judge others and what that says about your character (a big topic in  her blogs and on twitter), meanwhile she just may be one of the more judgmental HW's we've ever seen. I've always thought that the key to long-term HW success is a lack of self-awareness (Vicki or Ramona being the most obvious examples) so she should be guaranteed another season. 

• Love 12

I have zero doubt she will be asked back. She did well in Reality TV world. Her best asset is that she is lacking in self-awareness, much like Ramona, but not to her extent. Talking on and on about how horrid it is for folks to judge others and what that says about your character (a big topic in  her blogs and on twitter), meanwhile she just may be one of the more judgmental HW's we've ever seen. I've always thought that the key to long-term HW success is a lack of self-awareness (Vicki or Ramona being the most obvious examples) so she should be guaranteed another season.

Yup. Plus, I remember Andy saying that new HW's tend to work only when they have a history with one or more current HW, which Dorinda has with Ramona. Plus, she's got personality, she's a little bit crazy, and evidently knows how to engage in conflict. (I liked her until she got all judgy and dirty-martini mean). She's a lock.

• Love 3

Yup. Plus, I remember Andy saying that new HW's tend to work only when they have a history with one or more current HW, which Dorinda has with Ramona. Plus, she's got personality, she's a little bit crazy, and evidently knows how to engage in conflict. (I liked her until she got all judgy and dirty-martini mean). She's a lock.

Yes, and she likes to drink. I thought Beth's comment about her in her last blog were interesting. She said that Dorinda likes to get "sauced up" as much if not more than the rest of them, which says a lot. She called her out for making a comment to Sonja about how she watched herself around the other ladies when she was drinking, and said it wasn't true. It was so funny the way Beth was able to do an impression of a drunk Dorinda pointing her finger all over the place when she hadn't even been at the "fuck you" dinner. She knew because she had seen it before. She said she gets defensive and paranoid when she drinks on the regular. That is just gold for Bravo and Andy, who like it when their girls get sauced up.

• Love 9

I have a feeling Bethenny and her assessments of the other women's drinking will come up at the Reunion.  For someone in the booze business she sure throws out a lot of comments about others' drinking habits. My husband has been in the wine business for a very long time and I never see him offering up assessments on anyone's drinking let alone friends.  I didn't notice a tipsy Dorinda until T&C.   Last night Dorinda said she and Bethenny and Carole were in a good place and even Heather.  I would love to see Dorinda being the new and improved Ramona.  However, if Dorinda wants to appear sane she is going to have to take her own advice and watch the cocktails around these women. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If we had to pick what type of drunk to watch, I'd rather see a funny drunk.  Dorinda isn't funny.  She's slurry, mean and loud.  If watching Dorinda get all sloppy - funny or not - is what Andy is hoping for next season, then I'm out for sure. Don't wanna see that.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 10

I have a feeling Bethenny and her assessments of the other women's drinking will come up at the Reunion.  For someone in the booze business she sure throws out a lot of comments about others' drinking habits. My husband has been in the wine business for a very long time and I never see him offering up assessments on anyone's drinking let alone friends.  I didn't notice a tipsy Dorinda until T&C.   Last night Dorinda said she and Bethenny and Carole were in a good place and even Heather.  I would love to see Dorinda being the new and improved Ramona.  However, if Dorinda wants to appear sane she is going to have to take her own advice and watch the cocktails around these women. 

As much as she claims she and Heather are in a "good place now" her tweets last week said something different IMO. LOL

• Love 4

It seems like discussing the ladies and their drinking habits has become narrative #1 on these shows. We heard it last year with Brandi, comments were made about Shannon on the OC, and of course Ramona was accused of being an alcoholic for several seasons along with Sonja. The funniest thing to me is to watch Ramona with her open talk of her BFF Sonja and her drinking, when she was so offended about the accusations that she herself had a problem. Anyone else remember when she deflected on her own drinking issues by throwing out that Jill used to attend AA? Hey jackass, this is an organization that feels so strongly about keeping things anonymous, they put the word in their name. Since Jill's drinking had never been part of a storyline, it was yet another example of how Ramona will throw out pretty much anything to keep herself out of the line of fire. This year she is so happy to not be called a drunk that she doesn't mind that Sonja now wears the title.

Regarding Beth and her comments about Dorinda, she didn't say anything until Dorinda herself made a story out of her drunken behavior. Additionally, I think that Beth took exception to the fact that Dorinda was being extremely preachy over on Twitter and in her Blogs (and in TH's) about the others talking about Sonja, when she herself had said things about Sonja. Suddenly she is telling Sonja to stand up for herself, but also to mimic her own behavior in watching her alcohol consumption around the girls. Since she doesn't actually watch her consumption around the girls, Beth called her out on it. Since we have Heather, Kristen and Beth all saying the same thing about Dorinda and her drinking, and since she has shown us a bit of it on the show, it's fair enough to weigh in on it. Although I grow weary of the "she drinks too much" narrative on these shows. 

• Love 7

It seems like discussing the ladies and their drinking habits has become narrative #1 on these shows. We heard it last year with Brandi, comments were made about Shannon on the OC, and of course Ramona was accused of being an alcoholic for several seasons along with Sonja. The funniest thing to me is to watch Ramona with her open talk of her BFF Sonja and her drinking, when she was so offended about the accusations that she herself had a problem. Anyone else remember when she deflected on her own drinking issues by throwing out that Jill used to attend AA? Hey jackass, this is an organization that feels so strongly about keeping things anonymous, they put the word in their name. Since Jill's drinking had never been part of a storyline, it was yet another example of how Ramona will throw out pretty much anything to keep herself out of the line of fire. This year she is so happy to not be called a drunk that she doesn't mind that Sonja now wears the title.

Regarding Beth and her comments about Dorinda, she didn't say anything until Dorinda herself made a story out of her drunken behavior. Additionally, I think that Beth took exception to the fact that Dorinda was being extremely preachy over on Twitter and in her Blogs (and in TH's) about the others talking about Sonja, when she herself had said things about Sonja. Suddenly she is telling Sonja to stand up for herself, but also to mimic her own behavior in watching her alcohol consumption around the girls. Since she doesn't actually watch her consumption around the girls, Beth called her out on it. Since we have Heather, Kristen and Beth all saying the same thing about Dorinda and her drinking, and since she has shown us a bit of it on the show, it's fair enough to weigh in on it. Although I grow weary of the "she drinks too much" narrative on these shows. 

I think Dorinda started out more or less watching her alcohol.  I always remember early on Sonja wasn't particularly nice to Dorinda and then Dorinda got the pleasure of taking care of a very drunk Sonja while the rest of the women partied on in Atlantic City.  I think Sonja drinks too much and make s a fool out of herself and Bethenny's delivery complete with STFU made me want Sonja to stand up for herself.  Bethenny who has admitted had she had no business talking to Sonja the way she did in T&C  I see Bethenny being more of the problem than Sonja.     First she is telling Sonja what she can talk about, then she is telling Sonja she is drunk and then when Sonja tries to tell her what she has been doing she starts screaming at her. I think it was the right thing to do to tell Sonja to stand up for herself.  It accomplished something maybe unintentionally that Sonja decided she was stronger sober than drunk. I feel the same way about Dorinda-she saw first hand Dorinda;s meltdown over Heather not waiting for her.  So from this she has decided Dorinda is paranoid?  Because Bethenny has exaggerated Heather's behavior and Sonja's behavior maybe for comedic effect, I can't just let her have a freebie when it comes to Dorinda now.  I don't think she spent any real time with Dorinda and I think Bethenny resents that LuAnn and Ramona are genuinely fond of her.

Last night Dorinda said she and Bethenny and Carole were in a good place and even Heather.  I would love to see Dorinda being the new and improved Ramona.  However, if Dorinda wants to appear sane she is going to have to take her own advice and watch the cocktails around these women. 

It is hard to believe that Dorinda is dumb enough to say that she and Heather are in a good place, but I guess she has convinced me she is as dumb as hair at this point. How is is possible for them to be in a good place when just 6 days before she was sending the tweets below to Heather? That was a week after the reunion filmed, which I will assume was the last time they saw each other. Unless Heather is a really big person who reached out to her in the last few days and said "no biggie" about her comments on Twitter, I find it hard to believe they are in a good place. Then again, I do believe Heather to be the better person, so maybe she did. It is not hard to understand how Heather would be frustrated and confused about what is going on with Dorinda if she says they are good but sends out this kind of stuff. 

Here are a few tweets directed at Heather:

Dorinda Medley ‏@DorindaMedley  Jul 14

Yeah @iamHeatherT, I drank too much. I get it….what was your excuse? #RHONY

Did I forget to read the house rules @iamHeatherT wrote? I never saw them…. #RHONY

NOW WE CAN’T PLAY MUSIC ON OUR LAST NIGHT OF VACATION!?!?!?!? @iamHeatherT @CountessLuann @ramonasinger #RHONY

Bottom line: whoever goes on vacation with @iamHeatherT has to bring great earphones, be celibate & sign a release form #RHONY @BravoWWHL

The thing to notice here is that when she goes after Heather, she always makes sure to be clear about this, sending it to her as well. In other instances, when she is calling out more than Heather, or others, she doesn't specify them. When talking about the craziness in the morning with H&C, she doesn't mention names because she would have to call out Carole as well, and she doesn't call out Carole on Twitter. When talking about the girls again bringing up T&C and the jeans deal, she makes a broad statement, but doesn't specify Beth, Lu, Carole, or anyone involved. She always does this. Heather is always called out specifically, the others not so much. It was most interesting that she didn't have anything to say about Kristen being the one to mention that Lu's dude was married. All she said about Kristen on Twitter was that she is beautiful and has the best heart. 

I just find it so uncomfortable.… I get it.. right a wrong, but it doesn’t require this much…this was truly like a drug bust. #RHONY

At worst she kissed a married man…does anyone need a pregnancy test?! #RHONY @BravoWWHL

This was aggravating because we came to bedazzle jeans for @SmileTrain not rehash T&C…. #RHONY

• Love 8

I agree and she is also someone who Bravo can count on for nasty drunk behavior aka ratings.   She has the vile Kim Richards vibe and slurry drunken thing going on.

What a fool.

• Love 7

Also her hair, make-up, and outfit...she looked great.

Agreed! While I'm not sure how I feel about Dorinda, she sure looked fabulous on WWHL. Seems like she stepped up her look from filming. Maybe seeing herself she zeroed in on what she wanted to improve. She went from rough around the edges (my first impression of her, episode 1) to on point. Bravo! Both Dorinda and Shannon looked wonderful.

• Love 2

There's another clip package on Bravo, this time of the women giving their thoughts on Dorinda. There's a moment that calls into sharp relief just how idiotic Dorinda sounded on the whole "You shouldn't say 'Fuck'" bit at the dinner in Turks & Caicos. Dorinda has never met a "fuck" she didn't utter, but she saw fit to get on Heather's case about the word.

• Love 4

Agreed! While I'm not sure how I feel about Dorinda, she sure looked fabulous on WWHL. Seems like she stepped up her look from filming. Maybe seeing herself she zeroed in on what she wanted to improve. She went from rough around the edges (my first impression of her, episode 1) to on point. Bravo! Both Dorinda and Shannon looked wonderful.

Yep.  The woman really isn't all that attractive but damn if she didn't look "most improved" on WWHL last night.

I think she just had a really good professional hair/makeup artist for the WWHL show vs.  doing them herself for filming throughout the season.  

• Love 2

There's another clip package on Bravo, this time of the women giving their thoughts on Dorinda. There's a moment that calls into sharp relief just how idiotic Dorinda sounded on the whole "You shouldn't say 'Fuck'" bit at the dinner in Turks & Caicos. Dorinda has never met a "fuck" she didn't utter, but she saw fit to get on Heather's case about the word.

The clip was hilarious.  Am I the only one who found Lu especially fake in her comments?

• Love 1
(edited)

It is hard to believe that Dorinda is dumb enough to say that she and Heather are in a good place, but I guess she has convinced me she is as dumb as hair at this point. How is is possible for them to be in a good place when just 6 days before she was sending the tweets below to Heather? That was a week after the reunion filmed, which I will assume was the last time they saw each other. Unless Heather is a really big person who reached out to her in the last few days and said "no biggie" about her comments on Twitter, I find it hard to believe they are in a good place. Then again, I do believe Heather to be the better person, so maybe she did. It is not hard to understand how Heather would be frustrated and confused about what is going on with Dorinda if she says they are good but sends out this kind of stuff. 

Here are a few tweets directed at Heather:

Yeah @iamHeatherT, I drank too much. I get it….what was your excuse? #RHONY

Did I forget to read the house rules @iamHeatherT wrote? I never saw them…. #RHONY

NOW WE CAN’T PLAY MUSIC ON OUR LAST NIGHT OF VACATION!?!?!?!? @iamHeatherT @CountessLuann @ramonasinger #RHONY

Bottom line: whoever goes on vacation with @iamHeatherT has to bring great earphones, be celibate & sign a release form #RHONY @BravoWWHL

The thing to notice here is that when she goes after Heather, she always makes sure to be clear about this, sending it to her as well. In other instances, when she is calling out more than Heather, or others, she doesn't specify them. When talking about the craziness in the morning with H&C, she doesn't mention names because she would have to call out Carole as well, and she doesn't call out Carole on Twitter. When talking about the girls again bringing up T&C and the jeans deal, she makes a broad statement, but doesn't specify Beth, Lu, Carole, or anyone involved. She always does this. Heather is always called out specifically, the others not so much. It was most interesting that she didn't have anything to say about Kristen being the one to mention that Lu's dude was married. All she said about Kristen on Twitter was that she is beautiful and has the best heart. 

I just find it so uncomfortable.… I get it.. right a wrong, but it doesn’t require this much…this was truly like a drug bust. #RHONY

At worst she kissed a married man…does anyone need a pregnancy test?! #RHONY @BravoWWHL

This was aggravating because we came to bedazzle jeans for @SmileTrain not rehash T&C…. #RHONY

I am becoming numb these just aren't earthshattering to me.  I guess I am numbed over reading Brandi's tweets to her cast mates.  To me, these are simply tweets indicating Dorinda doesn't agree with how Heather handled things.  Bravo wants these women to tweet --they even do the social version right before the new episode. No one wants to read a bunch of PR upbeat tweets.  I look at this way if they are both in the Berkshires this summer would they get together?  Dorinda said last night she doesn't see Ramona in the summer because Ramona is a Hamptons person and she is a Berkshires person. 

If I were Heather I would want people to know that I don't appreciate music at 3 AM even if it is the last night of vacation.  I think of Heather as being pretty collected so I can't see where she would be disturbed.

I don't see anything overly mean in the tweets. I think she just lashes out and I do think maybe she and Heather have talked and worked out something or come to an understanding. I hate twitter. I will read it when linked and then go down a rabbit hole with it, but I don't like twitter. Dorinda is a dork on twitter but I don't think she has gone scorched earth or burned any bridges...yet. I think she is just a volatile personality who goes off the cuff. I like that she is so outlandish yet rational. I could have her has a friend in my life. I would gladly trade my three sister in laws for one Dorinda. And Ramona would be a nice bonus gift.

I do not believe anyone else thinks like I do so I can already hear the furious typing...hahahahahaha

I actually do think like you.  Dorinda would not bother me to be around, Ramona is just too antsy, I don't care for her energy.  NY is one of those franchises that doesn't have a totally polarizing personality.  Ramona is annoying but they keep forgiving her. 

Edited by zoeysmom

I think what mcm is getting at is Dorinda specifically tagging Heather in her tweets. Dorinda may not be cussing Heather out, but there's a marked difference between tagging one cast member for all your snide tweets while not tagging any of the others for similar tweets. It seems extra fussy to do so.

• Love 8

I am becoming numb these just aren't earthshattering to me.  I guess I am numbed over reading Brandi's tweets to her cast mates.  To me, these are simply tweets indicating Dorinda doesn't agree with how Heather handled things.  Bravo wants these women to tweet --they even do the social version right before the new episode. No one wants to read a bunch of PR upbeat tweets.  I look at this way if they are both in the Berkshires this summer would they get together?  Dorinda said last night she doesn't see Ramona in the summer because Ramona is a Hamptons person and she is a Berkshires person. 

If I were Heather I would want people to know that I don't appreciate music at 3 AM even if it is the last night of vacation.  I think of Heather as being pretty collected so I can't see where she would be disturbed.

I agree they aren't particularly mean or earth shattering. My point is that she always makes a point to call out everything that Heather does that she disagrees with, and she doesn't do that with everyone else. There are lots of ways to do Twitter without specifically attacking every thing that one HW does. Most of the others manage to do this. 

I think what mcm is getting at is Dorinda specifically tagging Heather in her tweets. Dorinda may not be cussing Heather out, but there's a marked difference between tagging one cast member for all your snide tweets while not tagging any of the others for similar tweets. It seems extra fussy to do so.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was getting at, but failing miserably. 

• Love 4

I agree they aren't particularly mean or earth shattering. My point is that she always makes a point to call out everything that Heather does that she disagrees with, and she doesn't do that with everyone else. There are lots of ways to do Twitter without specifically attacking every thing that one HW does. Most of the others manage to do this. 

Thank you. That was exactly what I was getting at, but failing miserably. 

Yep and yep.  I kind of gathered from the show that Kristen and Dorinda had stepped away from the discussion and Heather was pretty much center stage for the showdown with LuAnn. I also haven't ruled out that perhaps there wasn't another behind the scenes apology from Carole.  I got the impression that Carole knew she had a trip with Dorinda and needed to be starting on a good foot.  Even at the drunk dinner . . . Carole said little as a matter of fact I think Carole tried to calm it down.

Maybe she is just wanting to be clear that she is talking to Heather so others don't respond? I don't understand twitter, at all, so I have no clue. 

I think it dawned on me when I finished watching the f dinner, when Dorinda and Heather were talking in the hall. I think Dorinda feels that she and Heather have a special bond, being from the same place, Berkshires. She even said, we see each other there and speak to each other. And I think Dorinda thinks that when it is time for filming, Heather leaves the Berkshires friendship behind and it becomes filming Housewives time. Does that make sense? I think Dorinda in a way, was breaking a fourth wall with that discussion. I dunno. [shrugging shoulders] 

Wowza! Dorinda and Shannon both looked fantabulous on WWHL. I am in the process of growing out a super short doo and I want a Dorinda doo now! I need to find a picture to take with me. And she has some nice knockers. Are they real? Don't you hate that you have to ask if boobs are real? Who would have thought, a hundred years ago, that you could have fake boobs? But hers don't look fake. I am jelly! I am jelly of all their bodies, except for b.  Well and Alex. And Jill. Don't want Jill's big, natural knockers. 

Dorinda brought up her knockers in the Berkshires and declared essentially a middle age spread which made getting into her present wardrobe challenging.  So I am thinking congrats to Ralph Lauren and maybe a lot of boob tape.

• Love 2

I actually do think like you.  Dorinda would not bother me to be around, Ramona is just too antsy, I don't care for her energy.  NY is one of those franchises that doesn't have a totally polarizing personality.  Ramona is annoying but they keep forgiving her. 

LOL, neither Dorinda or Ramona had been to the others NY apartments before filming began either. IMO, they are "social circle friends" but not "close" friends that just hang out together, get together for dinner/lunch/whatever and not the type of friend that you turn to when you are in need of a true/real friend to confide in. Heck, Heather is a Berkshires "girl" but had been to LuAnn's new Hamptons house before filming began. IMO, Heather and LuAnn were closer friends than Dorinda and Ramona! LOL

Maybe she is just wanting to be clear that she is talking to Heather so others don't respond? I don't understand twitter, at all, so I have no clue. 

I think it dawned on me when I finished watching the f dinner, when Dorinda and Heather were talking in the hall. I think Dorinda feels that she and Heather have a special bond, being from the same place, Berkshires. She even said, we see each other there and speak to each other. And I think Dorinda thinks that when it is time for filming, Heather leaves the Berkshires friendship behind and it becomes filming Housewives time. Does that make sense? I think Dorinda in a way, was breaking a fourth wall with that discussion. I dunno. [shrugging shoulders] 

Wowza! Dorinda and Shannon both looked fantabulous on WWHL. I am in the process of growing out a super short doo and I want a Dorinda doo now! I need to find a picture to take with me. And she has some nice knockers. Are they real? Don't you hate that you have to ask if boobs are real? Who would have thought, a hundred years ago, that you could have fake boobs? But hers don't look fake. I am jelly! I am jelly of all their bodies, except for b.  Well and Alex. And Jill. Don't want Jill's big, natural knockers. 

If she were just making sure that Heather knew it was about her then she would do the same for the other tweets about the show, like to Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny, LuAnn and Carole. When she does a lovey dovey tweet she makes sure that the HW she is talking about is named but her judgmental tweets are nameless unless directed at Heather, then and only then does she tweet a HW name.

IMO, Dorinda had a boob job/lift, she complained about her boobs "spreading" on the show and they were too perky for just tape! LOL It also look like her face was "refreshed" , a little filler and botox but nothing over the top. Who ever did it for her did an excellent job IMO.

• Love 2

LOL, neither Dorinda or Ramona had been to the others NY apartments before filming began either. IMO, they are "social circle friends" but not "close" friends that just hang out together, get together for dinner/lunch/whatever and not the type of friend that you turn to when you are in need of a true/real friend to confide in. Heck, Heather is a Berkshires "girl" but had been to LuAnn's new Hamptons house before filming began. IMO, Heather and LuAnn were closer friends than Dorinda and Ramona! LOL

If she were just making sure that Heather knew it was about her then she would do the same for the other tweets about the show, like to Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny, LuAnn and Carole. When she does a lovey dovey tweet she makes sure that the HW she is talking about is named but her judgmental tweets are nameless unless directed at Heather, then and only then does she tweet a HW name.

IMO, Dorinda had a boob job/lift, she complained about her boobs "spreading" on the show and they were too perky for just tape! LOL It also look like her face was "refreshed" , a little filler and botox but nothing over the top. Who ever did it for her did an excellent job IMO.

I think Heather and Luann were closer because they had filmed together for two or three years.  Dorinda seemed to be part of the pack of people that Ramona calls girlfriends.  I get the impression that going to someone's house isn't a big deal.  Real estate is at a premium at people have small confines to live in but they seem to do a lot of socializing in restaurants and their homes in the Hamptons.  I think the first three seasons only Alex went to Bethenny's apartment.

I think Heather and Luann were closer because they had filmed together for two or three years.  Dorinda seemed to be part of the pack of people that Ramona calls girlfriends.  I get the impression that going to someone's house isn't a big deal.  Real estate is at a premium at people have small confines to live in but they seem to do a lot of socializing in restaurants and their homes in the Hamptons.  I think the first three seasons only Alex went to Bethenny's apartment.

Although I do agree they were part of a "circle/pack" of friends, IMO, that does not equate "close friends" at all. Ramona has hosted many events at her Hampton's house and yet Dorinda was never there before filming began, even for a charity event or holiday party. I think they have "close friends" in common but they were never "close friends" themselves. LOL Oh, and Jill was in Bethenny's apartment as well but all things considered, Bethenny lived in a shoe box sized apartment compared to Ramona, Jill and LuAnn, so that may have been part of the reason, well that and nippy Cookie! LOL

• Love 2

Imagine if Heather did the same imitation of Dorinda that Beth did?

A mushroom cloud would rise up from the horizon ...

she also got a shout-out from Lady Gaga (Andy loves her). He has also called her a great addition to the cast. She's a lock for next season.

Andy + Gaga = #Lock

• Love 7
(edited)

She could have said Heather's name without tagging her in the tweets. Tagging Heather means that Dorinda wants to make sure that Heather gets the notifications on the app. There's that. The other thing is that Dorinda isn't mentioning any of the other ladies by name, even when it's a scene where they are behaving badly.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't care that Dorinda told Heather "it hurts my heart" that they were odds in last night's episode.  I seriously doubt she meant it.  For whatever reason, Dorinda has a problem with Heather and never misses an opportunity to slam her or to throw shade her way.

She targeted Heather's "Holla" in a TH last night by making a joke about Heather speaking Turkish to the medium.

Dorinda%20Holla%20Turkish_zpsu2qakfce.jp

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I don't care that Dorinda told Heather "it hurts my heart" that they were odds in last night's episode.  I seriously doubt she meant it.  For whatever reason, Dorinda has a problem with Heather and never misses an opportunity to slam her or to throw shade her way.

She targeted Heather's "Holla" in a TH last night by making a joke about Heather speaking Turkish to the medium.

I have to wonder if Dorinda really thinks she can treat Heather badly and their "pure friendship in the Berkshires" makes it all OK? The woman is a loon and her true "pure" colors are not very nice or pretty!

• Love 8

I have to wonder if Dorinda really thinks she can treat Heather badly and their "pure friendship in the Berkshires" makes it all OK? The woman is a loon and her true "pure" colors are not very nice or pretty!

You're right.  She is a loon and she's so two-faced that she shouldn't be allowed to use the word "pure."

• Love 3

I wouldn't call her a loon.  I think she's just 'pure' nasty.  And she needs to learn to not talk with her mouth full.  She not only did that in Turks but she did it again at the 'tea' with Beth.  (Maybe her bestie, Lu, could tell her that.  Remember Lu's etiquette party with Victoria and her friends?).

• Love 6

In the pic of Dorinda from WWHL that was posted in the episode thread, there are visible ripples on the inner side of her breast, so it seems she does have implants. But, I'm sure the silicone and saline are totally pure.

• Love 4

I'll be honest. That comment made me chuckle.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'll be honest. That comment made me chuckle.

For me, it seemed a bit...judgmental or racist, by assuming that Heather either didn't know any Turkish greetings or that it sounded like jibber jabber. Either way, it struck me as inappropriate, particularly with all of these seemingly "little" things Dorinda has done, like assuming the Black man was a worker and the person in a wheelchair was homeless/looking for handouts

Edited by snowblossom2
  • Love 1

For me, it seemed a bit...judgmental or racist, by assuming that Heather either didn't know any Turkish greetings or that it sounded like jibber jabber. Either way, it struck me as inappropriate, particularly with all of these seemingly "little" things Dorinda has done, like assuming the Black man was a worker and the person in a wheelchair was homeless/looking for handouts

I honestly don't think Dorinda is a "racist" but I do think she is "judgmental" and looks down on others when they do not conform to what she thinks is appropriate. Never mind that she, herself, does not behave/act the way she demands others to. LOL

• Love 2

I am interested to learn more about Dorinda's life. She has driven me crazy at times this season, especially with her strange anger towards Heather, but I think she could be fascinating.  I was reading that she started a cashmere business when she lived in England, and that Princess Diana was one of her devoted clients. She ran the company for 10 years before moving back to the US. To me, this is interesting stuff, yet I don't think you get any sense of that part of her on the show. At all. Maybe she will talk more about it during the London episode. 

• Love 11

I am interested to learn more about Dorinda's life. She has driven me crazy at times this season, especially with her strange anger towards Heather, but I think she could be fascinating.  I was reading that she started a cashmere business when she lived in England, and that Princess Diana was one of her devoted clients. She ran the company for 10 years before moving back to the US. To me, this is interesting stuff, yet I don't think you get any sense of that part of her on the show. At all. Maybe she will talk more about it during the London episode. 

You'd think Andy and Company would be wise to highlighting these women's backgrounds, but nope! I agree, I'd like to know more about all of these women's lives prior to HW. That Luann, for example, went from being a nurse to a catalog model to the trophy wife of a Count is fascinating to me. I get that Bravo wants the drama, but the fights are nothing with context of the players involved. Hell, even someone like Aviva. Yes yes, the prosthetic leg was unusual, but I feel like they glossed over so much about her life that would have helped us put the pieces together. Like how she was seemingly coddled the rest of her life after the accident and how she had access to an affluent life and education yet seemingly never cultivated any of that training into a discernible skill set apart from marrying deadbeat Harry and then co-dependent Reid.

As for Dorinda, I seem to recall a few posters here initially remarking how Richard Medley was a less-than-ethical person in the business world (I know next to nothing about him). To me, this kind of backstory would make the show so much more interesting, and the HWs less seeming like a revolving door of drunks. And I say this as someone who enjoys the drunken shenanigans!

• Love 6

I think that she hung out with Lady Gaga and she speaks highly of her is impressive.

Top that Sonja

Oh, don't you know, Sonja knew and partied with Gaga before she was even conceived! LOL

• Love 3

Oh, don't you know, Sonja knew and partied with Gaga before she was even conceived! LOL

With John John & Madonna on P Diddys yacht with a smokey eye and updo!

But seriously that a very big deal and I'm sure Dorinda is staying. It's weird the show's forums have been bumping and hot but the ratings aren't that great.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah! I did a, Wha wha whaaat? when I read about the Lady Gaga connection.

I mean, our Dorinda?

And then I had to wonder if Gaga is in decline?

Dorinda. Odd.

I wonder if maybe the ratings game has not caught up to rapidly changing viewing habits. I have watched the HWs more often on the Bravo app and on HuluPlus through my Roku than I have watched during its regularly scheduled programming.

I have watched more of this season than any since Season 4.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I've also got back into the show after dropping it completely. I'm mostly in for Dorinda an Lu, and a little Bethenny now that she's stopped sobbing.

I partly got back in for Bethenny! That was, to me, a fail.

So I decided I kind of liked Dorinda!

Oh well. I am in it to the finish now.