Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

I was in Lenox, MA a few days ago and saw Dorinda gracing the cover of June's Berkshire magazine. I didn't buy it, but you can read the article here. Some good background stuff on Dorinda, like the fact that she's waitressed at the Red Lion Inn and worked for Liz Claiborne.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I was in Lenox, MA a few days ago and saw Dorinda gracing the cover of June's Berkshire magazine. I didn't buy it, but you can read the article here. Some good background stuff on Dorinda, like the fact that she's waitressed at the Red Lion Inn and worked for Liz Claiborne.

My parents used to stay at the Red Lion Inn every fall to see the leaves.  It has a special place in my heart because they always spoken so fondly of it.  I loved the dinner there last season because of it.  The conversation that took place....

On 5/17/2016 at 2:54 PM, shoegal said:

HOLY. SHIT. 

I don't remember a resemblance between the actress and Dorinda, but Carrie suggests Susan Sharon leave her husband and Susan Sharon ends up crashing with Carrie, and as it turns out she's depressed and lonely without her very mean husband.  Charlotte had a little Jack Russell terrier that was destroying everything she owned, and somehow Susan Sharon ended up going back to her husband with the dog, and the dog saved their marriage because the husband could now yell at the dog.  It was a weird story line. 

Late to the party, but I decided to check this out on the HBO app and guess what the husband's name was?

Richard!

• Love 2

I think it's a sponsor of the show, so Bravo throws them a bone here and there.

Bethenny has always liked TJMax, it's nothing new.  She liked it when she didn't have money, and she still does.

(edited)
On 6/27/2016 at 11:35 AM, stewedsquash said:

@JAYJAY1979 

Re: The couch potato picture posted above. Another reason I like Dorinda. She has gobbles and gobbles of money yet does slice of life schtick. I love her chips and dip shout out, love her silly Christmas decor in her fancy house. I love that she embraces silly stuff. It is endearing. Just like Ramona and her noodles. b tries to do it but she can't. 

While I'm no fan of Teresa Guidice, I also like that Dorinda reached out to Teresa while Tre was in prison (whoops, I mean "away"). I can easily see the NY cast copping an attitude about people from the Garden State, and finding the NJ HWs crude and loud. Dorinda doesn't always do things that I like, but I think that she's a kind person - moreso than most of the others.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 5

I enjoyed Dorinda on Wendy Williams last week. Wendy straight up said she didn't like John, and the audience agreed, and Dorinda took it about as well as a person could in that situation.

Her and Wendy both got breast implants the same year.

Dorinda also said, when dodging if she'll ever get married to John, that she spent much of her life as a single mother and then as Mrs. Medley and now she's figuring out who she is as 51-year-old Dorinda. It was surprisingly profound.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Dorinda seems like a jerykl and hyde persona...with alcohol/martinis as the magic potion.  I like sober Dorinda..but drunk Dorinda is scary.

Tipsy Dorinda is just right.

Her "YabbaGabba sho dowat dah blad abba bluh do chunkadunka. binka doo" toast was a good indicator of how she can hold her liquor and how she can't hold her liquor.

I can see Dorinda getting home, initiating sex and passing out as soon as she drops trou...

• Love 6
On 5/25/2016 at 7:35 AM, Duke2801 said:

I think Dorinda needs to back it up quick....  back into her dressing room to find a bra. YIKES.

NUP_173147_0431.jpg

Wow! That outfit looks bad on her. I really like Dorinda...I like her clothes (except this) her hair, her jewelry, her fashion style and, the fact that she hasn't done anything to her nose. I want to go on a tour of her closet! I could hang out with this woman.

• Love 1

Was wandering around RHoNJ and:

On September 5, 2016 at 11:48 PM, 100PercentPain said:

And did anyone else spy Dorinda at the book signing? 

46 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

image.jpeg

What's even more surprising to me is the headline/banner for this Bravo item.

"Dorinda Medley Is "Very Proud" of Being Mentioned in Teresa Giudice's Book"

"To my fellow housewives who were here for me: Lisa Vanderpump, NeNe Leakes, Dorinda Medley, Jill Zarin, Teresa and Rino Aprea, and Nicole Napolitano: I want to thank all of you for your support. It means so much to me," Teresa wrote in the acknowledgments section of her book."

Wonder how LVP likes being lumped in with that crew.

At least Dorinda acknowledged that she hasn't read the book.

I think I can feel the Bravo spin.

Interesting too because I thought at the time of the convictions for Thieving Crook Giudice, I thought Nene tried to put a little distance as if it was so alien to her she couldn't formulate and opinion. 

Dorinda really is so crass.  It is such at odds with how she was able to carry herself socially and professionally when she lived in London.  I wonder if she is just the type of person who is able to adjust her personality to her setting and who she is with but her character is the same slurring, relaxed to immediate rage rather messy person we see now.  Maybe part of the attraction to John is that she doesn't have to keep a facade up.  With John she doesn't have to pretend and yet at the same time she also seems to feel a little superior.  I know plenty of folks that can be lofty in public and crass in private.  But her late husband and even her first husband seem to be a bit at odds with her personality we see now.  And I cannot for the life of me imagine her late husband seeing a felonious felon like small brain pan Giudice as good folk to hang out with let alone want to be seen together on social media as friends even is this slight way.

I wonder if that is part of Dorinda's odd way with John that is so defensive and yet so dismissive and even disparaging to him directly.  She lets all that social fakeness drop because he doesn't demand it and then gets angry for being seen as she actually is and has tried so hard, and rather successfully, to pass herself off as a  Manhattan socialite of a certain age.

I do wonder at the thing with John.  Not in terms of why she is still with him,  but why Ramona is so vocally against him.  Because I think Ramona has to secretly love that Dorinda is with a man Ramona thinks is beneath her.  Beneath Ramona that is.  Because even with her shit stirring and her daughter and John, Dorinda actually seems to still be able to deliver what Ramona wants us all to believe she is.  'Classy'.  Which someone should tell Ramona that women who are so lofty and privileged that they never have to unpack for themselves and always get the best room/suite, don't really keep saying the word "classy".  Try breaking out a thesaurus and learning a more refined, elegant, distinguished, cultured, urbane, sophisticated, discriminating, impeccable, genteel, gracious or polished way of expressing yourself.

• Love 5

Bluestone Manor tour.

One of my many problems is being seriously obsessed with this house and possibly Dorinda. Especially since I found out she's a L&O nut. Like, I'm (finally) watching The Jewel in the Crown and I'm thinking this would be awesome if I could watch this curled up in bed with a velvet duvet I can't afford. In the Berkshires.

Edited by chick binewski
I have zero posting-links ability.
  • Love 7

I'm watching reruns of season 4 and spotted Dorinda at Jill's event. It's the episode where her step daughter spoke about being bullied because of her birth defect. Dorinda looked so different. Her hair was a little longer and she was wearing a thick red sweatercoat. She looks so much more polished now with a sleeker hairstyle.

Ramona was rude as fuck to everyone as usual.

• Love 7

OK, I thought only angry hookers, strippers or drag queens attack people with a high heel.  But no, we must add to that list  . . . the always exceptionally crass Ms. Sloppy Drunk herself, Dorinda-

OMG, this story has it all!  Harry Dubin!  The Regency!  Le BilboQuet!  For everyone that doesn't live on the UES - this is why people call it Mayberry.  It is the same people, same places, over and over.

• Love 13

Well, because her feet hurt and her husband is dead. 

Maybe I'm just bored sitting here waiting for Matthew but this story is EVERYTHING. The author is right; it is the greatest tragedy of our time that this wasn't filmed for the show. Maybe Bethenny's friend was there to take pictures, though? /hopeful squeals

And wtf is it with The Regency? Free jalepeno poppers? Complementary cover-up of dead hookers? I need to know these things.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

OMG, this story has it all!  Harry Dubin!  The Regency!  Le BilboQuet!  For everyone that doesn't live on the UES - this is why people call it Mayberry.  It is the same people, same places, over and over.

This is the reason why I wasn't really surprised when Bethenny got word about Tom kissing his ex. Their UES clique is pretty incestuous, they frequent the same places, and the RHoNY women are mildly famous. When Carole ran into Tom and Ramona it was at The Regency. I believe when LuAnn picked Tom up while he was out on a date it was also at The Regency. If they want to go out, act the fool in public, and not get caught they need to find new places to go. They need to go to Susan Sarandon's midlife crisis ping pong bar. The only person they're likely to run into would be Carole and Adam.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Well, because her feet hurt and her husband is dead. 

Maybe I'm just bored sitting here waiting for Matthew but this story is EVERYTHING. The author is right; it is the greatest tragedy of our time that this wasn't filmed for the show. Maybe Bethenny's friend was there to take pictures, though? /hopeful squeals

And wtf is it with The Regency? Free jalepeno poppers? Complementary cover-up of dead hookers? I need to know these things.

Now *I* need to know these things!  It has to be the poppers!

• Love 2

The Regency is the Peach Pit After Dark of this show.

So WWHL last night was very interesting.  Sonja and Dorinda are not speaking.  Sonja had some insider deets on the Regency. Andy found a photo of Lu, Sonja, Vicki G and RAY.  Sonja alluded to Dorinda's out of controlness the same way Bethenny did.  Where they talk about kinda the edges of things.  When Bethenny was describing what happened at her place in the Hamptons she just alluded to Dorinda going off when John was asking about Dorinda's daughter and started to say John picked her off the floor and carried her home but then stopped and said well not off the floor and then just stopped.  Well Sonja was talking about the banker that got beaned with the shoe and then skirted around Dorinda nd then jsut waved her hands.  So I have a feeling we have only scratched the surface in Dorinda's out of control behavior.

• Love 5

I listened to Dorinda on the Tomorrow Show podcast (link below) and came away with the belief that she needs alcohol rehab. At first, it's an innocuous enough interview about Dorinda's life history.  She's charming and reveals some details about her humble background and early career. As the interview went on, I could hear Dorinda repeatedly sipping a drink. Normally, I would assume it's water, but as time went on she started misanswering (not a word, I know) the questions and slightly slurring. By the end of the interview, she was sloshed, IMO.

Dorinda has a clear issue with booze and I wonder if it will be swept under the rug since so many of the Housewives' storylines involve alcohol abuse. I like Dorinda, as does apparently much of the audience, but, damn, I wish she would quit drinking and present herself as the "salt of the Earth" persona she could be.

http://thetomorrowshow.com/recommendations/dorinda-medley/ 

• Love 1

I would find this very hard to believe. Dorinda always speaks so highly of Richard as do all of her friend and everyone who knew him in DC. I think she really misses him as her life mate and I can't figure out how she'd end up with this greasy, inappropriate guy. Unless she's so lonely since her husband died that she'd settle for just anyone. On second thought, she does seem to be very intolerant with John when they're out together. Oh well, what do I know?

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, Fatkat said:

I listened to Dorinda on the Tomorrow Show podcast (link below) and came away with the belief that she needs alcohol rehab. At first, it's an innocuous enough interview about Dorinda's life history.  She's charming and reveals some details about her humble background and early career. As the interview went on, I could hear Dorinda repeatedly sipping a drink. Normally, I would assume it's water, but as time went on she started misanswering (not a word, I know) the questions and slightly slurring. By the end of the interview, she was sloshed, IMO.

Dorinda has a clear issue with booze and I wonder if it will be swept under the rug since so many of the Housewives' storylines involve alcohol abuse. I like Dorinda, as does apparently much of the audience, but, damn, I wish she would quit drinking and present herself as the "salt of the Earth" persona she could be.

http://thetomorrowshow.com/recommendations/dorinda-medley/ 

Interesting interview-I don't think she was drunk, she/they just kept going over the same real estate.  How many different ways can she answer how she reacts to the show and how she is real?  About her late husband?  The interviewer kind of sucked because he kept trying to compare Brandi Glanville to Dorinda.  Dorinda seems very able to compartmentalize.  She does not touch any of the Golden Calves.  I don't hear many RH say the show is scripted-I think that may be an opinion of one-Brandi Glanville. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I wish I was adept at linking for twitter. 

I've tried and wonder if a Twitter account is needed.

I think her "awkward" arm is hiding her tummy (as would mine) but she does look closer to healthy than B&C. They're like scrawny scarecrows. I think they diet and work out too much. 

Imho, voluptuous always beats gaunt.

IMG_0564.JPG

Edited by NewDigs
I did it! it's the little things.
  • Love 2

Andy Cohen Names the 5 Housewives He’d Invite to His Dream Dinner Party

Shay Spence

People March 10, 2017

If you were to curate an all-star dinner party of Housewives, and you can only pick five—past or present—who do you choose?
AC: Dorinda, Erika Jayne, Shereé, Gizelle from Potomac and Tamra.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:50 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Andy Cohen Names the 5 Housewives He’d Invite to His Dream Dinner Party

Shay Spence

People March 10, 2017

If you were to curate an all-star dinner party of Housewives, and you can only pick five—past or present—who do you choose?
AC: Dorinda, Erika Jayne, Shereé, Gizelle from Potomac and Tamra.

What a horrible list.  And I see we're now using "curate" for EVERYTHING.  You don't "curate" a dinner party (all-star or not).  Annoys the heck out of me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

How long ago was this picture taken? She looks completely different to me. 

i thought the same. The hair and teeth are both much lighter now; too, her face looks thinner in the image.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

How long ago was this picture taken? She looks completely different to me. 

2006.  I'd guess fillers in the lines on the side of her mouth that run up to her cheeks. They don't seem that deep anymore.  Definitely had her teeth whitened.  But next to George 'BallSackEyes' Soros, she looks like the prettiest of princesses.

Despite Howard relentlessly ragging on him, I bet there are plenty of women (and men) who find Gary cute and pretty attractive in an average guy way.  Howard is repulsively hideous.  In comparison to Howard & his gang of idiots, Gary is nice looking.  John was nice looking when he was young.  

Look, on an attractiveness match level, I'd say John & Dorinda are well-suited.  But I do agree with Sonja's line that if John is the best looking guy there, you're probably not in the hottest gang ever.

• Love 2
(edited)

Anybody know what caused the sea change in Hannah's attitude toward John? From recent snapshots it seems as though she's. Is drlighted to be hanging on him, not just in the same room. 

(Yes, I might be asking for a friend whose otherwise-sensible daughter is acting a fool w/regard to her mother's new guy...)

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
Grammar
  • Love 1