Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Ok originally I thought she had more of Lupe type of body. But from the side it looks like she has butt wings like...?? I cannot remember her name.  Some sort of cross network show needs to be done because not only is she in need of Dr. Now, she needs Candy from Intervention.

This is so sad on a woman this young.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

23 hours ago, mamapajama said:

She looks now like she's gone well past 400 lbs., which probably makes all the aspects of grooming much more difficult.

Here's a pic of Whitney at the Fuller Women's Expo this past week. She can dress up when she tries, but apparently there was no one to help her get her shoes on.

.whitney fuller expo.jpg

I noticed that too - no shoes. Omg. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Ok originally I thought she had more of Lupe type of body. But from the side it looks like she has butt wings like...?? I cannot remember her name.  Some sort of cross network show needs to be done because not only is she in need of Dr. Now, she needs Candy from Intervention.

She's become so broad that she is getting the "Flipper" look, where her arms look too short.  There is nothing fabulous about the way that dress fits or as mentioned, bare feet!  As for Intervention, Candy is the greatest, but this chick and her family wouldn't know what hit them if Donna showed up.  And I think the butt wings person was Charity. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

She has both Lupes gut AND Charity's butt wings. She's a hybrid! 

When the show started, her BMI was somewhere mid-70s, it's probably anywhere from 80-85 right now. She's ripe for Dr Now. 

If she's smart and serious about actually getting healthy, she can easily guarantee herself 2-3 seasons more! First going to a psychologist to figure out why she's this big (no one - other than people on medication or with genuine medical issues) gets to be this weight without emotional issues. Then she can pair up with dr Now and basically have "her story" take up a season or two (or more!). 

Striking faux confident poses (hands on her sides and looking like a 7 year old who got her first big girl bike or trying to make a sexy face) and faux "dancing" for the cameras (step - move the fat - step - move the fat) will not cut it! (she can barely stand on her feet for 15 minutes and that will only get less and less as she continues to grow).

• Love 8

Lymphedema usually starts in the feet and works its way up, so I'm voting for her having just edema at this point, and not even in the feet but only the legs and ankles, otherwise her feet would look swollen.  There is a difference between the two conditions and there are sites to discuss the difference. If anyone wants to know, just google on "lymphedema vs. edema".  I have edema of the feet and ankles - runs in the family and worsens after a certain age, unfortunately and has nothing to do with weight, although it gets worse with weight gain and better with weight loss and lots of walking/bike riding.  Of course, Lymphedema can be caused by severe obesity and Whitney is heavy enough for that to be a risk.  I read somewhere that it becomes a real risk with a BMI over 70.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Lymphedema usually starts in the feet and works its way up, so I'm voting for her having just edema at this point, and not even in the feet but only the legs and ankles, otherwise her feet would look swollen.  There is a difference between the two conditions and there are sites to discuss the difference. If anyone wants to know, just google on "lymphedema vs. edema".  I have edema of the feet and ankles - runs in the family and worsens after a certain age, unfortunately and has nothing to do with weight, although it gets worse with weight gain and better with weight loss and lots of walking/bike riding.  Of course, Lymphedema can be caused by severe obesity and Whitney is heavy enough for that to be a risk.  I read somewhere that it becomes a real risk with a BMI over 70.

Her BMI was mid 70s when the show started must now be be low-mid 80s at least.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

She looks like she's close to developing lymphedema in her legs. I hope she doesn't.

I think she should wear that type of dress more often, it's the best she's ever looked IMO

I agree but I wonder if she could get a bigger size (yikes) or have one made for her (she has all that TLC money) so that there is enough fabric in the back to have the hem be the same length all the way around. The hike up in the back accentuates her butt wings even more. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree but I wonder if she could get a bigger size (yikes) or have one made for her (she has all that TLC money) so that there is enough fabric in the back to have the hem be the same length all the way around. The hike up in the back accentuates her butt wings even more. 

It is hiked up so far that the spandex she wears to prevent chub rub would definitely show. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, seasons said:

I just read something about PCOS that said pregnancy can actually occur more often than might be expected. Something about since you don't really know when you are ovulating... you might be in for a surprise. Obviously depends on use of birth control. Wonder if she has ever mentioned about being on the pill?

So Whitney could also be on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and/or "My 600 pound Life".

It's money in the bank, baby.

yes, but with PCOS it often ends up with a miscarriage (also without you possibly knowing). But at this size, no she is not ovulating for 99%. excess fat makes it even more impossible, the thing you do with PCOS if you want to try to get pregnant is you lose weight.

at normla weight, you do ovulate sometimes and other times you dont (my experience), when fat you never do (also my experinec)..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I'd like to know what Glen and Babs honestly think of this new weight gain. 

If Whit were your daughter,  what would you think?   Sad? Resigned? Frustrated? Happy that Whit's  making her own money now,  even though she'll blow it all and depend on her inheritance to support herself and her growing medical needs. Proud? IDK. 

Babs has given up and is along for the TLC ride. She mentioned that Glen had not said no to Whit since she was 3 yrs old.  Glen tried bringing her healthy food, remember, and Whit dissed him rudely. I doubt that was his first try at helping her, although he seems like the classic benign enabler with spoiling her.  Whit has learned to play them both for all she can get.  I hope they're in therapy for their own sanity.  

• Love 5

I want Melissa from my 600lb life to go talk to Whit and give her a wake up call. 

I would watch the hell out of an intervention followed by a 600 lb life cross over where Whit goes through WLS. She has a good personality for reality tv ( like her or not she is entertaining) and I wouldnt feel so uncomfortable watchign someone eat themselves into disability. 

If Whitney got serious about losing 100,200 lbs she would really expand her fan base/give some legitimacy to her no BS/fat is healthy. She won't ever be skinny, probably will never be a normal weight since she has damaged her body so much but she really needs to get her mobility back before she loses her big girl dance classes and sitting in a bed all day doesn't make for compelling tv if you don't try to change it.

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Nutella said:

She has both Lupes gut AND Charity's butt wings. She's a hybrid! 

When the show started, her BMI was somewhere mid-70s, it's probably anywhere from 80-85 right now. She's ripe for Dr Now. 

If she's smart and serious about actually getting healthy, she can easily guarantee herself 2-3 seasons more! First going to a psychologist to figure out why she's this big (no one - other than people on medication or with genuine medical issues) gets to be this weight without emotional issues. Then she can pair up with dr Now and basically have "her story" take up a season or two (or more!). 

Striking faux confident poses (hands on her sides and looking like a 7 year old who got her first big girl bike or trying to make a sexy face) and faux "dancing" for the cameras (step - move the fat - step - move the fat) will not cut it! (she can barely stand on her feet for 15 minutes and that will only get less and less as she continues to grow).

The even more shocking aspect of her increasing size is the rapidity with which it's occurring. Her seasons aren't a year apart, she's crammed those three seasons into less than a couple of years; we're really seeing a morphing of about 18 months and I'd guess she's easily up 50 to 75lbs, if not 100-125.  I wouldn't be shocked (well, I would, but I wouldn't) to find out she's gained what I weigh total since she first debuted on TLC (okay, let's be generous, since TLC first started filming MBFFL, which was maybe mid-2014? She premiered in Jan 2015.  Even what we're seeing from her current Season (3) is only about a year from season 1 (from premiere of Season 1 to filming of Season 3).  Does my timeline make sense?  

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 2

Y'all, let's watch the fat-shaming; it is possible to snark the show (& Whitney) without it.

Also, do not tell each other what is acceptable to post.  Keep it on topic, and discussing your fellow posters is never on topic.

Thanks.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Good lord what kind of bra is she wearing? Her girls are pointed at her chin. 

I've noticed this on the show too.  I'm figuring she is wearing a regular bra with this dress & she usually wears the sports type bras that squish the girls.

This has me thinking.  How does Whit manage to get on the sports type bra without help?  I don't think they are stretchy enough for her to step in & pull up over her butt wings. That leaves going on over her head which would still be tricky.  Her arms are short compared to rest of her, so back hooks would be tricky too. I'm just thankful she is still able to wear a bra as we've seen the opposite in 600 lbs.

I'm not making fun of her. I just think she needs more help than she is portraying.  But we did see her asking for Maddie's help in getting her pants off at the swim place. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

I'm a size 14/16 and it's hard for me to find sports bras. I don't know where she is even finding some of the things she wears. Old Navy goes up to a 4X so maybe she is fitting in that?

A place for great fitting plus size bras is Torrid, they by far are the best fitting for me (they carry clothes and intimates for sizes 10-30). Lane Bryant also carries bras but I'm not as fond of them.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Not to mention Clinton and Stacey from What Not to Wear.  The dress is super cute, but clearly no one advised her of how it looked from angles she can't see looking into a mirror.  If she needs a special occasion dress, she will probably need to have one made for her since I don't think she could find that kind of dress with a skirt short enough for a tailor to even up the hem.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, preciousperfect said:

I'm a size 14/16 and it's hard for me to find sports bras. I don't know where she is even finding some of the things she wears. Old Navy goes up to a 4X so maybe she is fitting in that?

The stores that used to be called Intimacy (now Rigby & Peller) sells large bras.

But custom made is likely the best way to go for her.  Off the shelf bras tend to get difficult to find when the band is over 50+ inches.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QueBueno said:

Not to mention Clinton and Stacey from What Not to Wear.  The dress is super cute, but clearly no one advised her of how it looked from angles she can't see looking into a mirror.  If she needs a special occasion dress, she will probably need to have one made for her since I don't think she could find that kind of dress with a skirt short enough for a tailor to even up the hem.

She's probably already shopping from the same catalogue as the rest of the my 600 lbs life people

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Did I imagine it or hasn't Buddy and/or Tal, some mouthpiece 'friend' (now I really do think it was Tal) talk about, basically, how she's just getting bigger? I swear in a last episode or two, Tal was just like he can't even.  

I hope she overcomes this, clearly it has a huge grip on her.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I also wonder what they really say to each other about Lennie (or whatever his name is). If there is anything to this relationship, as a parent, the image of a Lennie coming for my daughter is sort of terrifying. He is around the same age as Whit, works part time at Michael's, is an artist the rest of the time, and looks like he just crawled out from under a rock. Not exactly what parents dream of for their daughter. Even Whitney. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I also wonder what they really say to each other about Lennie (or whatever his name is). If there is anything to this relationship, as a parent, the image of a Lennie coming for my daughter is sort of terrifying. He is around the same age as Whit, works part time at Michael's, is an artist the rest of the time, and looks like he just crawled out from under a rock. Not exactly what parents dream of for their daughter. Even Whitney. 

He lives with a roommate and still doesn't want to move in with Whitney. That should tell you something about his level of commitment. I would think someone his age still living with roommates would jump at the chance to live with a significant other.

• Love 6

What the hell is Whitney doing to herself? She is so much bigger now than she was Season 1.  I used to think she facially resembled the gorgeous Lauren Cohan...she really did have a beautiful face. She also used to put effort into her appearance and wardrobe. This season she really looks more like a Snorlax.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, preciousperfect said:

He lives with a roommate and still doesn't want to move in with Whitney. That should tell you something about his level of commitment. I would think someone his age still living with roommates would jump at the chance to live with a significant other.

I thought he mentioned this when they were discussing it, but maybe I read it elsewhere: "Lennie" is the only one whose name is on the lease of his apartment. The roommates are subletting from him and those sublets are actually covering most, if not all, of the actual rent. Lennie was offering that up as one reason why he didn't want to change his living situation - if he moved in with Whitney, he'd  have to pay for housing costs that he wasn't paying in his current situation.

Oh, and then there's the whole "fake paid boyfriend" thing, and the general impression he gives of someone who is barely acquainted with Whitney, not someone trembling on the verge of a lifelong commitment to her.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

After watching the marathon off and on  today, I think Whit needs to see a pulmonologist too.(She may already, don't know who follows her with C-pap) She was really huffing & puffing during different scenes. Except it would be nothing new - the doctor would tell her the same thing, her being out of breath is caused by her weight. I noticed during the scene where she tells Caitie off at the dance studio, she was still out of breath even tho the dance was way over.  Plus since she joined the class late, she had done only one dance & since it was a new dance, I would think you wouldn't go all out causing yourself to be that out of breath.

I have some thoughts regarding her smoking.  If she was that great of a dancer, why did she start smoking in the first place?  I have heard dancers & athletes say they have never smoked because they need greater lung capacity. So why doesn't she follow this way of thinking?  I'm sure her dance  instructors along the way  warned her of the dangers of smoking. I would call her a regular smoker toonot just  a smoke here & there. She said she started in high school, quit cold turkey during her junior year of college then restarted when she went to Korea.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

According to Kerryn, quoting other interns at the radio station, she smokes a pack a day.

FYI not radio station interns but numerous production assistants on the actual show. :)

aka people who are around Whitney for good chunks of the day filming. 

• Love 2

I have to give her credit. 

Morbidly obese, smoking a pack of cigarettes a day (her blood must have the consistency of pudding) and still able to walk. 

She is tenacious if nothing else.

(edited)

What the hell is Whitney doing to herself? She is so much bigger now than she was Season 1.

DixonVixen2359 asks.

Has Whitney been weighed on camera in the current season? If she has been filmed on a scale during this season, then I have missed this scene.

Many viewers perceive Whitney as heavier now than in Season 1 when she weighed 382 on a huge medical scale that her father brought to their house, and I am curious whether objective evidence has been shown. 

Edited by grayson
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, grayson said:

DixonVixen2359 asks.

Has Whitney been weighed on camera in the current season? If she has been filmed on a scale during this season, then I have missed this scene.

Many viewers perceive Whitney as heavier now than in Season 1 when she weighed 382 on a huge medical scale that her father brought to their house, and I am curious whether objective evidence has been shown. 

I will say I also wonder.

I was looking through her instagram and some of season 1 photos - she looks heavier to me but I wonder if it is because this season she really doesn't seem to put much of an effort into her appearance. She is constantly in work out clothes, sweaty and greasy - no make up. I mean I am about to head out for a violin lesson all sweaty and in workout clothes but I also just finished an hour workout with my trainer and then some cool down exercises afterwards so I am running very short on time. It is not my "standard" for how I dress out in public all the time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thank you, abbey, for the information:

she was weighed in last night's episode and I think the scale showed 381 lbs, a gain of 4 lbs since she started working with Will, the personal trainer.

Whitney  is not heavier in the current season than she was in Season 1 when she weighed 382 pounds, however, many viewers have commented that she appears larger.

Possible explanations for the increase in size noted by some viewers:

1) The editors are deliberately choosing footage that makes Whitney look larger.

2) Whitney has gained inches because she is less active than in Season 1 when we saw more dancing, swimming, and other exercise.

3) Whitney is allowing the crew to film when she has made  less effort  in grooming (hair, makeup, nails) than during previous seasons.

Regardless of the explanation, Whitney's situation borders on tragic. I  simply cannot watch anymore for the same reason that I have never managed to see an entire episode of "My 600-lb Life"--it is too disturbing and too sad.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 2

Grayson, I think you forgot the most obvious reason she looks heavier... It's because she IS heavier.  I noticed the typical tv shenanigans last night, they did a tight close up of the scale only, so there was no way to know if Vitney was actually on the scale or not.  Not to forgot, the scale actually showed "dL" which is usually a sign of the scale not functioning.

So I think the show doesn't actually show her real weight, just a number that is sort of believable with her size.

• Love 8

Firstly, just started watching the show (I've seen season 1, and a few episodes of season 2, and just watching 3 now), so new here for this show.

I feel bad for Whitney for a few reasons. I'll preface this with saying that I don't like when I see people being made fun of just because they're fat, I don't want to see someone discriminated against for any reason. Everyone deserves respect, no matter what. But the more extreme aspects of the HAES movement are not good and create this dichotomy of being anti-diet in the name of body acceptance, and it creates situations where people feel that they don't need to change. Or shaming those people who personally choose to try and lose weight, and tell them that they cannot love their body and want to lose weight. And I think Whitney has fallen into this. It's hard not to in her position, going back to the first viral video and then this show. But she could turn it around: use the opportunities from having this show to actually diet and lose weight, and really show the importance of eating the right foods and the right amounts, plus doing activities she finds fun and how that counts as exercise, and you don't need a gym/trainer/fancy equipment (for example, her dance class: "I do dance because it's fun, it just happens to also keep me active and I love that.")

And this season seems to really be showing how much her life is affected by her weight, and the producers have taken away the "reality show filter" where the main character is shown in a good light. The earlier episodes I've seen seem to coddle her, and now they aren't. She passes out, her friends have a funeral intervention, she goes to a cardiologist (but her heart isn't enlarged so lets get a pizza!), the commentary during the bagel run. Todd saying that she "did this to herself" regarding the back going out. They're only showing what has happened in her real life, but seeing it shown on national tv can't be easy and hopefully it's a wake up call.

• Love 3

My first thought is she has cankles.  

Just sad.  I see fast forward in 3 years, Lennie is gone. Babs and Glen not around.  Buddy is her enabler/caretaker, Twitney is bedridden with lymphedema and crying because she cannot do anything and needs to see a doctor for weight loss surgery. Stuffing her face in bed and making pee pad snacks. Buddy loading her up in a van to see Dr. Now. 

• Love 5

I think if Whitney turns her life around and loses weight and stay on a diet she will get just as many hate comments from the public. Instead of what is being said now she will hear: How dare she try to lose weight? She will never be successful.  And: Even if she loses, she will gain it back so why try? Who is she to try to have a dance class and move more? She isn't a trained dancer!  So goes the problems of trying to lose weight and the problems of being a fat person in this world. No matter what you do you will be criticized. 

I hope Whitney realizes that this television show is only hurting her because TLC is inviting hateful comments by the way they edit the show. If Whitney quits the show and concentrates on having the best life she can (and I believe Whitney and all fat people are just as entitled to be happy as anyone else), she will naturally adapt some more appropriate behaviors and perhaps seek some help on her eating. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Just sad.  I see fast forward in 3 years, Lennie is gone. Babs and Glen not around.  Buddy is her enabler/caretaker, Twitney is bedridden with lymphedema and crying because she cannot do anything and needs to see a doctor for weight loss surgery. Stuffing her face in bed and making pee pad snacks. Buddy loading her up in a van to see Dr. Now. 

Pretty much on point.  Run, Buddy!  Run far and run fast.

• Love 3

Theres a current pic of Twit ( blue dress, no shoes) posted and her legs look really bad to me ( I have zero medical knowledge ) . They look similar to ones seen in 600lb life where all you see is a giant leg with little toes sticking out at the bottom - could she be headed for that. Hopefully someone in the medical field will reach out to her but I'm sure she'd blow them off . 

Twit... You in danger girl.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think if Whitney turns her life around and loses weight and stay on a diet she will get just as many hate comments from the public. Instead of what is being said now she will hear: How dare she try to lose weight? She will never be successful.  And: Even if she loses, she will gain it back so why try? Who is she to try to have a dance class and move more? She isn't a trained dancer!  So goes the problems of trying to lose weight and the problems of being a fat person in this world. No matter what you do you will be criticized. 

I hope Whitney realizes that this television show is only hurting her because TLC is inviting hateful comments by the way they edit the show. If Whitney quits the show and concentrates on having the best life she can (and I believe Whitney and all fat people are just as entitled to be happy as anyone else), she will naturally adapt some more appropriate behaviors and perhaps seek some help on her eating. 

The poor woman can't win for losing?  Heh.  Maybe so, but if you believe Whitney herself, this is the best time in her life!  She's got a job, a house, a man, fans, friends, family, fame and funds! That much of it comes at the expense of her dignity and reputation is something she's apparently willing to overlook. That's the price you pay when you sell your soul for reality stardom. Whitney, imo, has done that, and as far as I can tell, there's no indication she regrets the bargain. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

My first thought is she has cankles.  

You're 100% on point! 

• Love 5

Speaking only for myself, I'll continue to dislike Whitney at any weight because she's proven herself to be a nasty, unpleasant person. She's awful to her friends and family and, from Facebook evidence, a snappish dick to even her fans. She may lose weight but she'll still be an asshole.

• Love 16