Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

On 7/12/2016 at 2:05 PM, Pdxblonde said:

Did anyone else notice the shoes Whitney was wearing at the gym? They are the Sketchers that you just slip on. My 85 year old great aunt wears them because she has a difficult time bending over to tie her shoes (due to her age). I bet Whitney wears them because she either can't tie her own shoes or she can't fit her fat feet in "regular" athletic shoes. They don't look sturdy enough to be wearing during a workout to support all 400 pounds of Whit

Well, goodness forbid that Twit should spend some of that money buying appropriate shoes. Surely there is a company that could cater to her special needs, she could even turn that into a means of advertising/promoting.  She is just sheer lazy. If something doesn't crawl across her path, lay down, die, then jump into her arms in a Lazarus move, Twit isn't going to have any part of it.

• Love 4

How does this "professional" dancer Whitney honor her craft? What does she do outside of this one hour a week class to show she is serious about dance. I used to go to a gym in the theater district here in NYC and every yoga class was full of dancers working on improving their flexibility. The Pilates classes were packed with em lengthening their limbs. Honestly it's why I stopped working out in Manhattan, but anyway.  Does she take any other forms of dance to broaden her knowledge?  Or is it just this one hour a week and she's done? 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

How does this "professional" dancer Whitney honor her craft? What does she do outside of this one hour a week class to show she is serious about dance. I used to go to a gym in the theater district here in NYC and every yoga class was full of dancers working on improving their flexibility. The Pilates classes were packed with em lengthening their limbs. Honestly it's why I stopped working out in Manhattan, but anyway.  Does she take any other forms of dance to broaden her knowledge?  Or is it just this one hour a week and she's done? 

Pilates Reforming NY?. Loved that place but between the cost of classes and cost of getting into NYC over the bridge, I had to stop.

I really don't see Whitney dancing regularly longer than a one hour class with lots of breaks during that one class.  She can barely do basic dance moves.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

Pilates Reforming NY?. Loved that place but between the cost of classes and cost of getting into NYC over the bridge, I had to stop.

I really don't see Whitney dancing regularly longer than a one hour class with lots of breaks during that one class.  She can barely do basic dance moves.

YES!!! It became too much at $35 a class.  I met Anika Noni Rose taking classes there, we're besties now (in my head).  But professionals WORK at their profession. Dancers work to strengthen their limbs to become stronger.  Whitney does nothing and expects all of the accolades because she excels at being mediocre.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

Couldn't we even have more respect for her if she seemed to have the knowledge of actual dance, even if she lacked execution?  It's been mentioned on threads about her before, but there are choreographers who aren't dancers, so it's not out of the realm of expectation. She's just had too many cater to her ideals of self-love and self-importance where, if she declares she is something, everyone around her caters to her affirmation. Woe to those who don't, because she won't just stop dealing with them, she will coldly cut them down and then out of her life.

What a horrid excuse for a person. BULLY. She need only look in the mirror to see the sheer textbook definition and case of that word. She is an example for what not to be for everything she claims to stand up for. Disgusting case of a human being, just horrid.  I hope everyone that kowtows to her just ups and leaves her bullying, over-the-top, primadonna, woe-is-me, ridiculous a** and shows her what real strength is, walking away from a bully!

• Love 4

The gym I  go to has all kind of exercise dance classes and I can guarantee none of the instructors have any kind of professional dance training. To me all attempts to move are good, and anything that can provide some exercise and enjoyment to an overweight person is good. Whatever words Whitney uses to describe the class, it's still a good thing.

• Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

The gym I  go to has all kind of exercise dance classes and I can guarantee none of the instructors have any kind of professional dance training. To me all attempts to move are good, and anything that can provide some exercise and enjoyment to an overweight person is good. Whatever words Whitney uses to describe the class, it's still a good thing.

I don't think your zumba type instructors have dance backgrounds, but they do have to do a certification course. Any reputable gym will not hire an instructor without at least one type of certification. And also CPR training. I wonder if Whitney knows CPR. If I was teaching an exercise class for overweight or obese people, I would for sure want to know CPR . Almost all fitness places require CPR training. 

As a fitness instructor I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I can do CPR if someone has an issue in my class- I wonder if she had even thought of it. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Whit thinks she is a professional dancer and teacher & is the ONLY one that can lead the class properly.  She also thinks her choreography (if you can call it that) is along the lines of Broadway productions. She made this known when Caitie "took over" HER class. I agree any type of movement & exercise is good.  I just don't think I could put up with being in a class with Whit as the teacher. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I am trained to do CPR.  In every class, they emphasize how physically demanding it is to do CPR, and those doing it are encouraged to work with others in order to be able to switch off to maintain adequate chest compressions.  Given that Whitney can barely walk across a street and carry bagels back, I doubt that she would be able to perform CPR for more than a minute.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I don't think your zumba type instructors have dance backgrounds, but they do have to do a certification course. Any reputable gym will not hire an instructor without at least one type of certification. And also CPR training. I wonder if Whitney knows CPR. If I was teaching an exercise class for overweight or obese people, I would for sure want to know CPR . Almost all fitness places require CPR training. 

As a fitness instructor I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I can do CPR if someone has an issue in my class- I wonder if she had even thought of it. 

Yes yes and yes. I can teach group classes (strength/boot camp, and basic cycling/spin...not yoga or Zumba) as a certified personal trainer but there are relatively easy to get certs for just group ex. Very few gyms will hire someone without one, as it's a huge liability. Same with CPR/First Aid, and I agree that no way Whitney is in shape to do it.

• Love 4

Someone was commenting about Tal not being a great dancer either.  Wasn't he her dance partner or something like that in high school?  I remember Vit & Tal doing some type of dance off in front of her parents in their backyard, I think in the first season. 

• Love 2
On 7/14/2016 at 9:38 AM, ClareWalks said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/892837890826389/

Anyone in Chicago who wants to do some recon?? I would love to "dance with Whitney" (LOL) but I sure ain't driving 5+ hours for a trainwreck.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/tlc-summer-block-party/about-block-party/

Omg. This freak show can't be for real. "Ring toss" with the Sister Wives"? "Jazz Hands" arts and crafts with Jazz Jennings and her parents?

You really do have to sell your soul to TLC.

• Love 5
On 7/15/2016 at 7:54 AM, ClareWalks said:

Yes yes and yes. I can teach group classes (strength/boot camp, and basic cycling/spin...not yoga or Zumba) as a certified personal trainer but there are relatively easy to get certs for just group ex. Very few gyms will hire someone without one, as it's a huge liability. Same with CPR/First Aid, and I agree that no way Whitney is in shape to do it.

Yeah, I would think the liability aspect would be important for the gym.  The lady who leads my step aerobics class has to go through an entire spiel every single class.....and TBH, I think she has to execute the steps perfectly, because people are already going to get lost and confused even when the steps are modelled perfectly for them.  We would probably all run into each other if the person wasn't trained/steps done properly.

• Love 2
On July 14, 2016 at 2:36 PM, lallalla said:

Couldn't we even have more respect for her if she seemed to have the knowledge of actual dance, even if she lacked execution?  It's been mentioned on threads about her before, but there are choreographers who aren't dancers, so it's not out of the realm of expectation. She's just had too many cater to her ideals of self-love and self-importance where, if she declares she is something, everyone around her caters to her affirmation. Woe to those who don't, because she won't just stop dealing with them, she will coldly cut them down and then out of her life.

What a horrid excuse for a person. BULLY. She need only look in the mirror to see the sheer textbook definition and case of that word. She is an example for what not to be for everything she claims to stand up for. Disgusting case of a human being, just horrid.  I hope everyone that kowtows to her just ups and leaves her bullying, over-the-top, primadonna, woe-is-me, ridiculous a** and shows her what real strength is, walking away from a bully!

I agree you can love dance and choreograph, but not necessarily do it.  Unfortunately if she took that route she would not be able to feature herself in every dance.  That is another indicator to me that she is NOT professional. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but generally you are either the dancer OR the choreographer, it's really not common to feature yourself in a number you are directing. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, seasons said:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/tlc-summer-block-party/about-block-party/

Omg. This freak show can't be for real. "Ring toss" with the Sister Wives"? "Jazz Hands" arts and crafts with Jazz Jennings and her parents?

You really do have to sell your soul to TLC.

BTW, I used the term "freak show" to express my disgust at TLC and how they are advertising their personalities in such a seemingly degrading and humiliating way. Not throwing hate at any personality.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, seasons said:

BTW, I used the term "freak show" to express my disgust at TLC and how they are advertising their personalities in such a seemingly degrading and humiliating way. Not throwing hate at any personality.

I haven't seen the Jazz show, but I can't believe two people that let their underage child be the subject of a TLC show.  Yeah, there will be a season or two of uplifting and sweet stories, but how quickly it can all turn exploitative and ugly......

• Love 8
12 hours ago, seasons said:

It is TLC's MO. They turn most all of their shows in train wrecks / trash tv, to get ratings and/or feed snarkers... They usually make a family/person seem normal and likeable for a bit (an episode or two, sometimes a season or two) and then just go into train wreck mode. N

21 hours ago, leighroda said:

I agree you can love dance and choreograph, but not necessarily do it.  Unfortunately if she took that route she would not be able to feature herself in every dance.  That is another indicator to me that she is NOT professional. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but generally you are either the dancer OR the choreographer, it's really not common to feature yourself in a number you are directing. 

She is like a rude, obnoxious, spoiled and bossy 9 year old who has to insert herself into EVERYTHING.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Thanks, RCharter,  for my first laugh of the day!   

I wanted to like Twitney ,  but I so don't care anymore. She' s got a horrible personality.

I have read on this site that she has a pear shape, but it seems like her stomach has caught up to be an  apple shape now. Not that Whit would be familiar with fresh fruit. And fat around the waist is not a good sign for heart disease-- in addition to the million other factors, mentioned on these posts, that her size is hurting her health and disabling her. 

ha!  at this point Whitney is positively blueberry-esque!

• Love 8
(edited)
On 23 de junio de 2016 at 11:49 AM, ClareWalks said:

GOD HELP US ALL. 

http://nobodyshameatsea.com/

I can see a large number of people wanting to throw themselves off that ship...

... Cocktail hour, fitness classes, dance classes? She can barely manage to stand on her legs for 15 minutes, how is that supposed to work out?

She's great at striking a faux confident pose, but is there anything else to her besides an eating disorder and a a horrible, horrible personality? She has got to be related to Penny.

image.jpeg

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 7

Regarding speculation about her being pregnant - highly unlikely I would think, but I knew a woman of her proportions who was pregnant and didn't know it until quite late in her pregnancy. Either the fat hid it or she simply dismissed it as a possibility.  (Don't know if she had PCOS, she did have other kids.) Incidentally the baby was and is the most petite little girl you'd ever meet. LOL.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think she's pregnant.  I remember her saying she doesn't even have many periods.  I think she became overly optimistic about her ability to conceive based on something her doctor said in one episode last year.

I just think she's starting to put on weight in the midsection.  She is starting to look older rapidly and now gaining weight more like a middle aged woman - above the waist.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

Twits IG and FB look nothing like the reality we see on her TV show.  The ski trip , stuck in the shower , cardiac event,  sweaty greasy hair tracks , mobility scooter , lumpy stretch pants , so rude & obnoxious.... IG&FB look fabulous - real life not so much 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DNR said:

Twits IG and FB look nothing like the reality we see on her TV show.  The ski trip , stuck in the shower , cardiac event,  sweaty greasy hair tracks , mobility scooter , lumpy stretch pants , so rude & obnoxious.... IG&FB look fabulous - real life not so much 

Those Instagram filters can make her cpap machine look like a night out with the girls at the hookah bar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, DNR said:

TLC added an extra letter in the title of her show. Clearly, they meant, "My Big Fat Fabulous Lie" and some intern failed it all up and added an 'f'.

• Love 13
(edited)

23 hours ago, mamapajama said:

She is so far from where she was season one.  Then she was gorgeous, bubbly, enjoyed the company of her friends.  Now she is unkempt, often on the verge of tears, in recurring pain.  I really liked her for an episode or two, at first.  I sincerely hope she makes positive changes.

I'm really shocked at the change in her appearance. When she had the long extensions, she used to have her hair, makeup, manicure and even her clothing impeccably done, now she just looks dirty and sloppy, greasy hair, along with the additional weight gain. I wonder what's going on with her. 

She looks now like she's gone well past 400 lbs., which probably makes all the aspects of grooming much more difficult.

Here's a pic of Whitney at the Fuller Women's Expo this past week. She can dress up when she tries, but apparently there was no one to help her get her shoes on.

.whitney fuller expo.jpg

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4

that photo is terrifying. It is good to see her with combed hair and makeup but wow - she is past fat and well into seriously in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if she is barefoot because she can't wear shoes for any significant length of time. 

• Love 10

She is indeed sad, and like Dr. Now's patients.
Also, the dress is riding up as it does for them.
I'd love to see her face to face with a denier like Paula or Pauline, and a success.

• Love 3
(edited)
51 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

that photo is terrifying. It is good to see her with combed hair and makeup but wow - she is past fat and well into seriously in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if she is barefoot because she can't wear shoes for any significant length of time. 

Her feet also look quite large and swollen in that photo and she probably would need extra wide width shoes.  Plus forget about heels as she continues to get larger.  She's probably at the age and weight where she can't tolerate them anymore.  I'm sure her increasing weight is accelerating her aging process.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

Has she been weighed on camera during the current season? On the first season, she weighed 382 pounds on the huge medical scale that her father brought into the house. Some posters on this forum have speculated that she is heavier in this third season. Has she actually added pounds or does she seem larger because she cannot/will not make the efforts to groom and primp that we saw in the first season.

I appreciate the compassionate insight of Gaily:

I feel badly for Whitney -- she must be in deep physical, mental and emotional pain.  At her size, everything you do is an ordeal and nothing is comfortable. It's like she feels the need to wave the flag for the "Big Girl Camp" and preach "fat positive" but her life is just really hard.  I wish she could find a therapist who could convince her that losing some weight would not mean that she is turning her back on the "fat positive" camp per se.  Losing weight could save her life.  I just think she feels trapped in her rhetoric and does not want to let people down.  But by gaining more weight, she is letting herself down.

I don't think she needs to be a skinny minnie -- but get to a reasonable size where her health is not compromised.  Like even 250 pounds or 225 pounds would be just fine and a wonderful accomplishment. She could still preach "fat positive" at that size but not have sleep apnea or have to get around in a scooter.

• Love 4

Wait, are you saying she currently weighs 378 and weighed 382 at the beginning of the show? There is no way. She's much bigger now than then. Either way, it puts it in perspective for me. I need to lose weight but she's twice my weight and I am 10 inches taller than she is. 

• Love 3

I honestly don't see how she will be able to walk much longer, if she continues to gain.  Her legs rub together all the way to her knees, as it is.  It is past time for some tough love from friends and family.

• Love 2

OK, on her Facebook page, look at the pictures from FabUPlus, the group that starts with the woman in the gray gown.
Whit's are the last few, and she's the only one who's barefoot on the runway.  Plus there are other views of her.

• Love 1

I know i'm just repeating what others have said, but.....wow.....she's huge. So much bigger. It also looks to me like she's verging on lymphedema. I believe once you have lymphedema, it doesn't go away? I could be wrong on that - but I'm thinking of breast cancer world, where once you get it, it's there to stay (I've had breast cancer). That's from removal of lymph nodes during surgery, but still, I think the principle is the same.

She seriously needs to get help. I mean, it's fun to snark on her because she's such a twat, and as someone who's bounced from one eating disorder to another basically my whole life, i get how hard the whole weight thing is. But damn, when you're putting your health in such serious jeopardy, it's time to admit how big of a problem you have with it all, and GET HELP.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I don't think she's pregnant.  I remember her saying she doesn't even have many periods.  I think she became overly optimistic about her ability to conceive based on something her doctor said in one episode last year.

I just think she's starting to put on weight in the midsection.  She is starting to look older rapidly and now gaining weight more like a middle aged woman - above the waist.

I just read something about PCOS that said pregnancy can actually occur more often than might be expected. Something about since you don't really know when you are ovulating... you might be in for a surprise. Obviously depends on use of birth control. Wonder if she has ever mentioned about being on the pill?

So Whitney could also be on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and/or "My 600 pound Life".

It's money in the bank, baby.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, seasons said:

I just read something about PCOS that said pregnancy can actually occur more often than might be expected. Something about since you don't really know when you are ovulating... you might be in for a surprise. Obviously depends on use of birth control. Wonder if she has ever mentioned about being on the pill?

So Whitney could also be on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and/or "My 600 pound Life".

It's money in the bank, baby.

Maci from Teen Mom had 3 "miracle" babies while having PCOS so anything is possible. But she's the complete opposite of Whitney body wise.

• Love 3