Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

She posted that she was at her therapist on FB so that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully.

She is getting help for her Narcissistic Personality Disorder and her eating disorder(s)?

She is probably taping it with TLC, and learning how to "deal with being body shamed".

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Nutella said:

She is getting help for her Narcissistic Personality Disorder and her eating disorder(s)?

She is probably taping it with TLC, and learning how to "deal with being body shamed".

Funny you say that, because she posted a meme asking why she was going to therapy and the answer was a post criticizing her looks.  Yes, the post was wrong, but maybe it is about the body shaming and not her eating disorder.

• Love 3

If everything she claims is true, the bullying, the shaming, Pcos, eating disorders, depression, alluding to be suicidal, she should NOT be on a reality show.

Seems troubling also that her family and friends go along with it/ Whitney being their cash cow.    Not a stellar group of folks.

Of course TLC has lots of casualties.  But, ultimately she is an adult and no one forced her.

She should get off tv, get some real help and a real life.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

The poor woman can't win for losing?  Heh.  Maybe so, but if you believe Whitney herself, this is the best time in her life!  She's got a job, a house, a man, fans, friends, family, fame and funds! That much of it comes at the expense of her dignity and reputation is something she's apparently willing to overlook. That's the price you pay when you sell your soul for reality stardom. Whitney, imo, has done that, and as far as I can tell, there's no indication she regrets the bargain. 

Word to this. I admit, I will continue the snark. Has zero to do with her weight and everything to do with her heinous personality.

I come to this site to snark. When you've signed a deal with the devil, er TLC, you lose the abilty to be called "poor woman" by me.

• Love 13
(edited)

I've always been unsure why Whitney seems to think she invented no body shaming. The HAES (Healthy at Any Size) stuff has been around for a while, and Big & Beautiful even before that. The message has always been one of acceptance and anti-discrimination. The general idea is that: This is the way I am. I'm not filthy or ugly or a slob and should be allowed to live my life and go to the beach and date just like everyone else. If people have a problem with me, it's on them.

But I've never heard anyone claim they like being 250 pounds overweight and prefer to stay that way. Nobody with a healthy psyche enjoys feeling like they have a piano bench strapped around their middle when they try to bend over and tie their shoes! NOBODY.

Whitney's entire platform makes zero sense to me with her as the figurehead, because her denial about her disordered eating and physical limitations undercuts everything she espouses.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, lordonia said:

I've always been unsure why Whitney seems to think she invented no body shaming. The HAES (Healthy at Any Size) stuff has been around for a while, and Big & Beautiful even before that. The message has always been one of acceptance and anti-discrimination. The general idea is that: This is the way I am. I'm not filthy or ugly or a slob and should be allowed to live my life and go to the beach and date just like everyone else. If people have a problem with me, it's on them.

But I've never heard anyone claim they like being 250 pounds overweight and prefer to stay that way. Nobody with a healthy psyche enjoys feeling like they have a piano bench strapped around their middle when they try to bend over and tie their shoes! NOBODY.

Whitney's entire platform makes zero sense to me with her as the figurehead, because her denial about her disordered eating and physical limitations undercuts everything she espouses.

Whitney needed to invent her own version of no body shaming.  As you say here, HAES and Big & Beautiful say "This is the way I am. I'm not filthy or ugly or a slob and should be allowed to live my life and go to the beach and date just like everyone else. If people have a problem with me, it's on them'. That kind of message is excellent. But it doesn't include 'you can't tell me I have health issues or that maybe the fact that I can't wear shoes is a problem. You can't tell me that passing out and being taken to the hospital is a bad sign. You can't tell me that I might want to look at the foods I eat and work on eating more healthy choices.' That is what Whitney wants 'no body shaming' to mean. 

The negative comments she is getting are all related to her heath, not her worth. So if she wanted to be the center of attention and perpetuate her victim mentally, she had to redefine 'no body shaming'. 

• Love 10

The most glaring thing about Whitney this season is that she is practically DARING people to body-shame her. Between being humped by an actual pig, sticking her ass in the faces of her coworkers, parading around in a sports bra around anyone who will bear it, wolfing down cupcakes on camera, referring to herself as "fat" around people who are clearly uncomfortable with the term, it's like she is waiting for someone to take the bait. And there is a LOT of bait this season especially, since clearly the editors can't stand her anymore.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The most glaring thing about Whitney this season is that she is practically DARING people to body-shame her. Between being humped by an actual pig, sticking her ass in the faces of her coworkers, parading around in a sports bra around anyone who will bear it, wolfing down cupcakes on camera, referring to herself as "fat" around people who are clearly uncomfortable with the term, it's like she is waiting for someone to take the bait. And there is a LOT of bait this season especially, since clearly the editors can't stand her anymore.

Yes!  Exactly!!  So much truth in just a few sentences!!!

• Love 7

Last night's lineup on TLC: "The Boy with bloody tears", "the man who lost his face", "my legs won't  stop growing"  " my baby's head won't stop growing". Might have missed one more.

I think they are just getting started on Whitney over there at "The Learning Channel". 

Crikey.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm pleasantly surprised at how many likes I got for my long itemized post above about the non-fabulousness of Whitney's life as shown on this series.

I've been thinking about it some more, and I do believe that anyone, anywhere, with any kinds of physical limitations, disabilities or diseases, can still live what I would consider a "fabulous" life.

The "fabulous"-ness of a life is so often, IMO, a matter of attitude and behavior.

A morbidly obese person who uses a CPAP, can barely walk and has little physical stamina, and needs help tying their shoes - all of which are on that list above - plus being poor and maybe without a supportive family, could still have a fabulous attitude and live a positive life despite needing help with daily tasks. Now, probably someone with a truly positive attitude would eventually want to do what they could to improve their health, but I won't get into fat-shaming territory even to say that. Physically challenged (including disabled) people all over the world do useful things, all the time, and many of them do so with a wonderful attitude.

On further consideration, I believe Whitney's life to not be"fabulous" mostly because of the attitudes and behaviors we've seen her display, over and over, on the show. She could really tackle her health situation, instead of playing childish denial and manipulation games. If she womanned up and got real about adopting healthy behaviors? I'd call that fabulous. She could start being mature, unselfish, and kind to her loved ones, instead of sneering at her dad when he brings her toilet paper and food, and calling her mother a BITCH on national TV. If she stopped acting like an entitled brat, and manipulating everyone around her into doing what she wants at the moment she demands it? IMO she'd be in the running for "fabulous."

Nope. She can be fat and fabulous. But, IMO she isn't living a fabulous life, and her attitudes and behaviors are the reason why.

Edited by Jeeves
clarity
  • Love 23

God, Jeeves, you are so wise.  Seriously. 

Sigh.  Whit. Good luck to ya. And your delusions.  Change therapists asap.  You can have  your lack-of-dignity $--better known as   TLC $-- and be healthy.  Or not.  Carry on. 

• Love 7
(edited)

For all her talk in season 1 about how flexible she is, the fact that she can't put her shoes on now means she passed any possibility of "fit" about 50 pounds ago. I gained over 60 pounds of hard pregnancy gut and I could still put my damn shoes on.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

There is no way this is fat AND FIT.

tw.jpg

Thank you for this picture.  She has never, ever, ever, been fit in a sports sense ever.  She "danced" sort of.   For those of us female ex-jocks who gained the rather traditional 50-80 lbs that we didn't want to gain after we stopped playing sports, be it through serious injury or age (that post menopause gain is horrific,) she is not remotely representative of anyone who is fit or has ever been fit.   

Speaking from experience, even 200+ pounds lighter and 5 inches taller, those extra pounds eat away at you every - single - day - Vhitney.  Seriously, stop pretending you are fabulous.  

• Love 4
(edited)

On her Facebook page, Whitney posted a video of her "dancing" in 2011, after she'd lost 90 of the fabled 100 lbs.  I'm not quite certain what the message of the video is supposed to be, other than: "Whitney is obsessed with her own rear end."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
(edited)

Just watched the video & read the post that goes with it.....she is REALLY obsessed with shaking her ass isn't she???

Ever since her show started, she's said she "only lost 100 lbs. because she worked out NONSTOP"-now the truth comes out and she says she was working out with Will 15 hours each week, which resulted in a loss of 2.5 lbs. per week. That's working out an average of 2 hours per day, which I don't find excessive at all. (Especially for someone actively trying to lose weight.) 

She also SAYS she was only consuming 500 calories a day at that time,  and throwing up everything that wasn't "clean" on her "cheat day". But, with Twit's history of embellishing the truth, I don't buy it.

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 10

At Whit's size, it honestly wouldn't be that difficult for her to lose some weight rapidly if she actually watched what she ate. We've seen it on my 600 lb life. When the patients stick with a diet, they lose weight pretty rapidly. I'm a runner, and still can't eat anything I want without consequences. It really is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. Yes, I burn more calories because I move, but that doesn't mean I can shovel in cake (or my favorite, potato chips) and still not gain any weight. I guess I don't understand why she still isn't going to see her nutritionist like she was when she had the threat of diabetes. Which reminds me, why no talk of diabetes anymore? She has gained weight since her pre-diabetic status, so wouldn't she probably be full-blown diabetic by now?

• Love 8

She has no concept of how many calories are in ANYTHING, so I don't believe her "500 cals a day" claim for a second. Also that video is gross. It'd be gross if she weighed 100 lb. It's just gross to wiggle your ass nonstop in a video and call it dancing.

• Love 13

Commercial for the next ep, Whitney says "Roy DEFINITELY has a crush on me, I don't have a crush on Roy." Bullshit. We have seen no evidence that he has any interest in her. Meanwhile she is literally sticking her giant ass in his face and begging him to touch it.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, TotoGirl said:
2 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

Just watched the video & read the post that goes with it.....she is REALLY obsessed with shaking her ass isn't she???

Ever since her show started, she's said she "only lost 100 lbs. because she worked out NONSTOP"-now the truth comes out and she says she was working out with Will 15 hours each week, which resulted in a loss of 2.5 lbs. per week. That's working out an average of 2 hours per day, which I don't find excessive at all. (Especially for someone actively trying to lose weight.) 

She also SAYS she was only consuming 500 calories a day at that time,  and throwing up everything that wasn't "clean" on her "cheat day". But, with Twit's history of embellishing the truth, I don't buy it.

Her comments on her video drive me crazy

", and could focus on nothing but losing another 100 pounds — because this is classified as "morbidly obese" according to the BMI."

So because of the BMI classification you became obsessed with losing weight and went back to your ED? Surely you cant be the problem here Whit. She can't do ANYTHING with her weight in a healthy way. She can't lose it in a healthy way, she obviously can't maintain her weight, and is growing bigger and bigger by the second. She is beyond needing regular help. She is a mess and not just because of her weight.

I would really love to see her sit down with an eating disorder therapist and start to actually tackle her food issues. She clearly has never had a normal relationship with food and just bounces back and forth between bulimia and BED...

Edit: I was bored and reading the FB comments on the video. One poster opened up about her ED and WHIT says " Take care of yourself!! I'm living proof that things can get better. <3"

WHAT???? My brain just exploded. Im not shaming anyone who is struggling with and ED. Its just she is completely in denial about it and its getting dangerous and she is a horrible example for anyone in recovery. Imagine if someone who is 80 lbs wandering around the internet proclaiming they are cured of their ED and that they are the picture of health. Same thing. Delusion.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Her comments on her video drive me crazy

", and could focus on nothing but losing another 100 pounds — because this is classified as "morbidly obese" according to the BMI."

So because of the BMI classification you became obsessed with losing weight and went back to your ED? Surely you cant be the problem here Whit. She can't do ANYTHING with her weight in a healthy way. She can't lose it in a healthy way, she obviously can't maintain her weight, and is growing bigger and bigger by the second. She is beyond needing regular help. She is a mess and not just because of her weight.

I would really love to see her sit down with an eating disorder therapist and start to actually tackle her food issues. She clearly has never had a normal relationship with food and just bounces back and forth between bulimia and BED...

Exactly! It's so frustrating that she seems to have NO idea that there are options besides "eat everything" and "eat nothing."

• Love 7

Do we know for sure she really was bulimic/anorexic? It just seems like another way to justify not wanting to lose weight or deal with her health issues while garnering more sympathy for her victim mentality. I don't know that I buy that her fear related to losing weight is that she'll become bulimic. I think she's afraid because it takes a lot of work. 

I just really question this claim, unless there is verifiable proof. She likes to glam onto every type of victim label. She was bullied. She was anorexic. She was bulimic. She was fat shamed. She has the worst PCOS anyone has ever had. Eventually you start wondering how much of it is crap.

• Love 12
(edited)

On looking back over her posting that accompanied the video, I wonder if she is saying "Look at me in this video - can you believe I was STILL classified as morbidly obese? [Actually, I can]. No wonder I developed eating disorders,  when the BMI scale is so completely unrealistic."  I'm guessing this would be a facet of her No Body Shaming advocacy - how dare those people who consider themselves fitness and nutrition experts devise a scale that makes me feel bad about my body? If it weren't for them calling me morbidly obese, I'd be happier and healthier!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

On looking back over her posting that accompanied the video, I wonder if she is saying "Look at me in this video - can you believe I was STILL classified as morbidly obese? [Actually, I can]. No wonder I developed eating disorders,  when the BMI scale is so completely unrealistic."  I'm guessing this would be a facet of her No Body Shaming advocacy - how dare those people who consider themselves fitness and nutrition experts devise a scale that makes me feel bad about my body? If it weren't for them calling me morbidly obese, I'd be happier and healthier!

For real. At 5'11", if I get to 180 lb, I am overweight, even if I am mostly muscle and look amazing. At my high weight of 211 I was on the cusp of an obese classification. So far, I haven't developed any eating disorders about it. Instead, since having a baby, I have lost weight in a healthy way and at a healthy pace. Shocking how that works.

BMI is a tool that becomes less accurate when someone has high muscle mass. Whitney does NOT have high muscle mass, so BMI is actually pretty accurate for her. She might not think she should be called "morbidly obese" at about 250 lb, but these are facts that she is refusing to face. I think she just figures "if I'm gonna be called obese anyway I might as well eat whatever," but she is not owning that decision. Instead it's everyone and everything else's fault that she is heavy.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

For real. At 5'11", if I get to 180 lb, I am overweight, even if I am mostly muscle and look amazing. At my high weight of 211 I was on the cusp of an obese classification. So far, I haven't developed any eating disorders about it. Instead, since having a baby, I have lost weight in a healthy way and at a healthy pace. Shocking how that works.

BMI is a tool that becomes less accurate when someone has high muscle mass. Whitney does NOT have high muscle mass, so BMI is actually pretty accurate for her. She might not think she should be called "morbidly obese" at about 250 lb, but these are facts that she is refusing to face. I think she just figures "if I'm gonna be called obese anyway I might as well eat whatever," but she is not owning that decision. Instead it's everyone and everything else's fault that she is heavy.

Yeah, for athletes and people with a denser bone structure BMI isn't the most accurate, but I think for 80% of the population it is. A lot of the HAES groups really push that ideaology that BMI is just totally insane and inaccurate. 

In fact, I think doctors are aware of certain body types. I was told at a physical that while my BMI was in the higher end of normal ( 150 lbs at 5'7) because I had great numbers as far as BP, cholesterol , ect, look in shape and am athletic ( play soccer and do crossfit 5X a week, teach yoga and sculpt classes too) that I don't need to worry about it. 

I also really doubt an NFL player or olympic swimmer would get the whole " you are in the obese category, lose weight " speech from their doctor, lol. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Do we know for sure she really was bulimic/anorexic? It just seems like another way to justify not wanting to lose weight or deal with her health issues while garnering more sympathy for her victim mentality. I don't know that I buy that her fear related to losing weight is that she'll become bulimic. I think she's afraid because it takes a lot of work. 

I just really question this claim, unless there is verifiable proof. She likes to glam onto every type of victim label. She was bullied. She was anorexic. She was bulimic. She was fat shamed. She has the worst PCOS anyone has ever had. Eventually you start wondering how much of it is crap.

I posted this same thing awhile back. I seriously question/doubt her claims.  I believe she uses all of the above when someone is challenging her.  

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

No woman, who actually wants to command respect, would post this video for the world to see.  I posted as much on her post.  I am certain to be accused of fat shaming

I'm sure it will be deleted before anyone has a chance to accuse you of fat shaming. I noticed that 98% of the comments on her FB page are positive. With her grating personality, there's just no way

Edited by Pdxblonde
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Yeah, for athletes and people with a denser bone structure BMI isn't the most accurate, but I think for 80% of the population it is. A lot of the HAES groups really push that ideaology that BMI is just totally insane and inaccurate. 

In fact, I think doctors are aware of certain body types. I was told at a physical that while my BMI was in the higher end of normal ( 150 lbs at 5'7) because I had great numbers as far as BP, cholesterol , ect, look in shape and am athletic ( play soccer and do crossfit 5X a week, teach yoga and sculpt classes too) that I don't need to worry about it. 

I also really doubt an NFL player or olympic swimmer would get the whole " you are in the obese category, lose weight " speech from their doctor, lol. 

Doctors are aware of it when they are on the higher end but tend not to focus on the affect the muscle has on their weight when they are on the lower end. My daughter is a competitive athlete who went thorough a time where she was constantly paranoid about everything she put in her mouth. She was having trouble making it through her 5 hour practices because she wasn't fueling her body properly for that kind of work out. But the doctor kept saying her weight was fine because her BMI was "normal".  He didn't take into account that she was 100% muscle (she's a gymnast) and that a BMI of 19 when you have that much muscle is really like being underweight, especially when you are that active. Finally her coaches noticed what was going on and starting nagging her about it but I never got anywhere with her because she would just throw 'the doctor says I'm fine' in my face. 

This, however, is not a problem for Whitney (or me either just to be sure I'm not accused of fat shaming her :-) )

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Commercial for the next ep, Whitney says "Roy DEFINITELY has a crush on me, I don't have a crush on Roy." Bullshit. We have seen no evidence that he has any interest in her. Meanwhile she is literally sticking her giant ass in his face and begging him to touch it.

Twit thinks everyone is in love with her, unless they're a "hater", which means "not 1,000% fully supportive, ass-kissing of her in every way, 24/7."

Roy seems like an awesome guy, I bet he'd be great to have as a friend, or just to know in real life.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

THIS! All day!

Sorry, I throw shade at her purging claims, I think she says that to further justify her current lifestyle and relationship with food, as if she has to be at one extreme or the other (not eating, throwing up everything she eats, or binging). She doesn't want to take ownership for her binging, it's easier and safer and more acceptable to claim she used to binge and purge.  She is one big sympathy trainwreck, ridiculous.

• Love 5

Do we know for sure she really was bulimic/anorexic?

The DSM-V criteria for anorexia require caloric restriction leading to a "significantly low body weight," so we know she was never anorexic if her low weight was 130 lbs. at 5'1".  I don't doubt that she has seriously disordered eating habits, though.  She admits that she likes to comfort eat in her car in empty parking lots, has eaten entire pizzas alone in her apartment, and is afraid people feel like she doesn't deserve to eat.  Oh yeah, and she weighs almost 400 lbs.  She could have been bulimic and she probably is still a binge eater.  Regardless, I wish she would seek treatment for her current eating issues instead of focusing on past ones.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, lallalla said:

Twit thinks everyone is in love with her, unless they're a "hater", which means "not 1,000% fully supportive, ass-kissing of her in every way, 24/7."

THIS!! I used to work with a girl that reminds me sooo much of Whit. She wasn't nearly as big as Whit (but still quite overweight). She was so obnoxious, loud, overbearing and narcissistic. When we'd go out for happy hour after work as a group, she'd talk about how all the men in the bar were staring at her and how good she looked and then would accuse the men we work with of being "in love" with her. Sure, honey, they all love you. She also had a braying laugh that was so almost as grating at Whit's.

• Love 4

Agree totally with you guys, if she indeed WAS bulimic, the connection to her current life is that she is still bingeing, but no longer purging. She doesn't seem to view the bingeing as a stand-alone problem.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, desertsolitaire said:

The DSM-V criteria for anorexia require caloric restriction leading to a "significantly low body weight," so we know she was never anorexic if her low weight was 130 lbs. at 5'1".  I don't doubt that she has seriously disordered eating habits, though.  She admits that she likes to comfort eat in her car in empty parking lots, has eaten entire pizzas alone in her apartment, and is afraid people feel like she doesn't deserve to eat.  Oh yeah, and she weighs almost 400 lbs.  She could have been bulimic and she probably is still a binge eater.  Regardless, I wish she would seek treatment for her current eating issues instead of focusing on past ones.

I know it used to be If you exhibited every behavior or Anorexia but don't meet the weight criteria for anorexia ( BMI less than 17.5%)  they label you  ED-NOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified) . Same with other types of EDs that don't really fit your catch all.( laxative abuse, over exercise, binge eating disorder) 

I think ( and hope) they may have moved on from that though, mainly because a lot of people who really needed help aren't getting insurance coverage because they didn't have the right type of diagnosis. ( Like their insurance would cover anorexia nervosa but not ED NOS)

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1

I really don't understand why she has a trainer. Even if she wasn't being such a jerk to him and was actually going and doing the work, seeing a trainer seems to me like the 'cart before the horse' to me. She needs a nutritionist, a therapist (assuming she doesn't have one - there seems to be some thought that she might), and a doctor. She is medically overweight. Even daily sessions with a trainer are not going to make up for her seeing that healthy is iceberg lettuce swimming in ranch dressing. And really she shouldn't be working out more than just a nice walk without the oversight of a medical professional. Just look what happened when she tried to push herself at the "dance off'. She ended up in the hospital. So while I like Will a lot and I like that he tells her the truth (to a point), what Whitney really needs is a team with a plan to deal with her medically, nutritionally, and emotionally if she's really going to improve her health and her life. 

• Love 13

Whitney doesn't need anyone else trying to help her, because they will never be effective. What she needs is to face reality and make the decision to take her health seriously. A nutritionist would tell her the same thing that Will has tried (eat lean meat and veggies, keep a food diary, etc), and the nutritionist will fail the same way Will did. A therapist will either coddle Whitney and allow her to keep making excuses for herself, or the therapist will (like Will) try to force Whitney to face some hard truths and Whitney will retreat and claim the therapist is fat shaming or otherwise emotionally victimizing her.

Having a trainer allows Whitney to claim that she is not lazy and unhealthy like fat-shaming haters always assume, and she can use her training regimen as evidence that her weight is beyond her control since she works out so hard but still gains weight.

• Love 12

In my opinion, what Whitney needs is:

1. An extensive and complete check up and blood work. Get the ok from her doctor.

2. Meet with a therapist and find out WHY she is overweight. People that are morbidly obese (true medical reasons excluded) have emotional issues they need to deal with. Find the reason she uses food.

3. Get herself a registered dietician and behavior modification specialist and set up goals. Meet weekly to set up small, weekly, attainable nutritional and activity goals. Eat three heathy meals a day, with two snacks. Drink a lot of water. No more junk food, sweets, fried food or sodas (diet or normal).

4. Keep with the plan, meeting weekly with her dietician/behavior specialist.

5. Quit smoking.

6. Stick to the plan to adopt healthy eating habits for life.

At her weight she could easily lose 25 lbs a month for the first few months, 10-20 lbs a month later on and 10 lbs a month after that. She could easily lose 150 lbs in her first year, then take the second year to reach her goal weight. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I really don't understand why she has a trainer. Even if she wasn't being such a jerk to him and was actually going and doing the work, seeing a trainer seems to me like the 'cart before the horse' to me. She needs a nutritionist, a therapist (assuming she doesn't have one - there seems to be some thought that she might), and a doctor. She is medically overweight. Even daily sessions with a trainer are not going to make up for her seeing that healthy is iceberg swimming in ranch dressing. And really she shouldn't be working out more than just a nice walk without the oversight of a medical professional. Just look what happened when she tried to push herself at the "dance off'. She ended up in the hospital. So while I like Will a lot and I like that he tells her the truth (to a point), what Whitney really needs is a team with a plan to deal with her medically, nutritionally, and emotionally if she's really going to improve her health and her life. 

While I agree with you overall, sometimes one healthy behavior will lead to another, and if she were really seeing Will on a daily basis (no reason not to - TLC is paying and she definitely has the time) then perhaps she would start feeling better and participating more in the healthy meals etc that he is advocating.  But since she's clearly just using him to prove a point to those who don't believe her claims of fit and fabulous, he was right to "fire" her as a client, and I think a therapist/behavior mod specialist would probably be the right place for her to start.

• Love 2

So I just found out about this show.  Initially, I liked it and figured I should go back to the beginning and watch what I missed.  The more Whitney talked, the more I wanted to slap her.  She is a hypocrite.  Her whole stance is she wants to prove that she can be healthy and fat.  She loves being fat.  I want to know if this is a requirement for her to be on TV.  Because everything out of her mouth is a lie.

• I'm fat because I have PCOS - No, you did not get to 380 pounds because of PCOS.  You got to 380 pounds because you ate too much and didn't move enough.  Period.  Yes, PCOS makes it harder for you to lose weight, but it's not impossible.  And yes, I also have PCOS.  I CANNOT STAND that she uses PCOS as the end all and be all of why she's so big.  Get out of here with that nonsense.
  • I can be healthy and fat and I will prove it - You fainted from overexertion.  You threw your back out and can't move.  You're only 32 years old.  Yea, I would say you're not healthy at all.
  • I can lose weight just by dancing - You're still 380 pounds and it's been 2 years since you have been on this show.  Two years of trainers.  Two years of dancing.  Seriously???!!!
  • I'm working so hard and it hurts when I see that I have gained weight - In other words, you're not working that hard by eating starches on top of starches with a side of sugar.

When is this crap getting cancelled?  I wouldn't mind watching a show of a big person who exudes inspiration, but that is not Whitney.  I hate that she is getting compensated for lying and selling BS.  The only positive note is I think her parents are adorable.  She's lucky to have them.

• Love 12
(edited)

I'd so like her to meet some of Dr. Nowzardian's patients, successes and failures.
I picture her coming face to face with say Penny, or another still large one, wearing the same outfit she's in.

Thanks for moving this, Mod!

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4

Vitney needs to take a good long look at Penny. Her episode is on right now and they exhibit the exact same victimized behavior. The resemblance is stunning. Both of them have enablers all around them and cry when they don't get their way.

• Love 6