Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2016 at 5:11 PM, MissCurmudgeonly said:

At about 2:10 in, there are a couple of....things....that I originally thought were somewhat kind of like turns. The same thing occurred to me about spotting, but with the garbage she put out there, you can't tell if that's what she's trying to do.

Yeah, I don't know.  It's hard to tell.  Even with a psuedo-turn, anyone trained in tap, ballet, jazz or modern is going to spot.  I could see someone trained in a style like hip-hop or pop-locking not spotting, but she never gives me the impression that she was actually trained in those.    But I can't tell if she's spotting or doing a head-flip.

• Love 1
On August 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Barb23 said:

By reading the credits at the end, there were actually 2 choreographers that put that mess together. Unbelievable!!

Well I think the reality is that she has very limited choreography that she can do. What I did find "nice" in this video that the couple minutes of dancing at the end was uncut. Usually her videos are spliced together.

It blows my mind when she does the "sit up" and smiles like it was an accomplishment. 

• Love 3

I've been watching different segments of the show & videos on You Tube.  Caught an interview Whit had on a  Fox New York talk show when the show first premiered.  She was asked if dancing was a hobby.  She replied she had been dancing all her life, that she was a professional dance teacher by the time she was 16 & she also added being a choreographer.  She did go on to say she stopped dancing in college. They didn't go into her PCOS like I thought they would.  They also asked about weight loss surgery & she said she would consider it if a doctor recommended it, being like a last resort type of thing. (My words).  She said she would rather reach a healthy weight by dancing & there was no mention of any food control.  Even back then she thought dancing was the cure all. 

I did watch the scene where she ripped her pants while shopping with Babs.  Babs almost had a coronary that Whit was wearing hot pink undies underneath.  I almost had a coronary she changed her pants in the parking lot with onlookers gazing on.  There was also the episode about the 5X sticker being left on the khakis when she started the baseball job.  She questioned why no one in the crew didn't notice it & let her walk out in front of her new boss having it still stuck on her.  Maybe this was the beginning of the crew mocking her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I've been watching different segments of the show & videos on You Tube.  Caught an interview Whit had on a  Fox New York talk show when the show first premiered.  She was asked if dancing was a hobby.  She replied she had been dancing all her life, that she was a professional dance teacher by the time she was 16 & she also added being a choreographer.  

And then there's this little clip from TLC.  Starting at around .18, they cut in a few bits of Whitney dancing as a young child, a pre-adolescent, and in her mid teens.  Nothing about her dancing as a child or young adolescent suggests any particular talent or training - she jumps around and generally looks like any normal kid who likes to move to music. The third clip, which was when she was allegedly teaching and choreographing as a professional, shows her with very weak technique and poor balance.  She doesn't appear to be someone qualified to teach and choreograph.  I think in the years Whitney was not dancing due to her weight, she seriously romanticized and exaggerated her dance background and skills.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I did watch the scene where she ripped her pants while shopping with Babs.  Babs almost had a coronary that Whit was wearing hot pink undies underneath.  I almost had a coronary she changed her pants in the parking lot with onlookers gazing on.  There was also the episode about the 5X sticker being left on the khakis when she started the baseball job.  She questioned why no one in the crew didn't notice it & let her walk out in front of her new boss having it still stuck on her.  Maybe this was the beginning of the crew mocking her. 

Maybe people don't look at her ass all the time, as she seems to wish they would. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3

In that TLC clip that Ketzel referenced Whitney states  that it is ok to want to change parts of your body, but your life shouldn't depend on it.  That is fine if your nose is too big or your ears stick out (as babs said), but when it comes to fat that statement is dangerous and if her followers take it to heart they are endangering their lives.  So sad that she has taken a laudable concept and generalized it so she can excuse herself from taking responsibility for her health and well being and is leading others to do the same. 

• Love 7

So elsewhere someone posted this clip about Whitney's infamous skiing scene:

...and while I saw the original clip on the show, either this is more footage or I wasn't paying that much attention to her whining at the time. But, HOLY SHIT. This is terrible. It's freaking painful to WATCH; i can't imagine going through it, from the perspective of how embarrassing that would be.

How does whitney not see this as a HUGE wake-up call?? Maybe she can rationalize the ski problem as "Oh, lots of people wouldn't have enough core or leg strength to pull themselves up when their legs start spreading apart like that on the snow." Okay, maybe.  But she COULDN'T BE HELPED UP. For MOST people, a friend could come along and haul them back up to standing. Not with Whitney. How does she not get this???? I get that she has a disordered eating problem, but wouldn't this spur action on a person's part, SOMETHING?

• Love 5
On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 11:19 PM, M.F. Luder said:

Whitney has PCOS which causes hair loss (and extra body hair), so she wears extensions. That's the tape you're seeing in her hair.

I agree that she's very, very similar to Ruby. They both have that over-the-top happy persona that masks some deeper issues that they don't want to talk about. They pay lip service to wanting to improve their lives, but secretly do things to sabotage any progress and act like they don't understand what's going wrong.

I think Roy's crush is completely manufactured for the show. On the radio show clip that someone posted on this forum, he mentioned that he has been dating someone (not Whitney) since the beginning of the year, so I'm pretty sure that he's being paid to act like he's interested in Whitney so that she can dump Lennie AND turn down Roy making it seem like she's a hot commodity on the dating scene

I bet Whit's getting alot of chubbie chasers online after her now that she's on tv,  hence the over-confidence. Or its the narcissism talking.  Or both. Maybe someone should send Whit the website for that sex chair. 

I watched that skiing video, and I know she was in pain BUT I call a big B.S. on Whit's  claim that "anyone who knows her knows that I am  is not a wuss,  and doesn't give up, and I like to go all in."  Right. Tell that to Will when you cancel most of the workout sessions,  Whit. And whining abt. the stairs the first time, and the second time  she was considering going home if Will didn't show up,   and  eating only a part of the giant cookie (until she drove away and our of sight).  So many contradictions from this jerk. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 8
On 8/6/2016 at 1:28 PM, mamapajama said:

I like the blonde!  She is a gorgeous woman-child.  I wish she was as pretty on the inside.  The way she treats friends and family is awful.

She really is beautiful, but definitely ugly on the inside, how insufferable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BethNC said:

Whitney's Big Girl Dance Class is totally bogus!  I live in Greensboro and called the Dance Studio to join her class and the guy at the desk that answered the phone told me that the class was just for the TV show.  What a crock!

And yet on her website (while the calendar is EMPTY) it does talk about the dance class and that it's trademarked so you can't start your OWN Big Girl Dance Class and call it that... whatEVER!!!!! 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, BethNC said:

Whitney's Big Girl Dance Class is totally bogus!  I live in Greensboro and called the Dance Studio to join her class and the guy at the desk that answered the phone told me that the class was just for the TV show.  What a crock!

That really sucks lol if Whitney wasn't so lazy can you imagine the empire she could have...I think a lot of overweight women trying to exercise and who are intimidated by a regular gym or who dont like gym type workouts  would LOVE this. Then can have fun and do it either by video or go to a class where they will be surrounded by people who are like them... she could do teacher training all over the country. Its a great idea. But shes not doing anything!!!!!!!!

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

That really sucks lol if Whitney wasn't so lazy can you imagine the empire she could have...

Chris Harrison, host of THE BACHELOR, made a good point years ago. He said that the people who get the most out of the show are those who use whatever minor celebrity they have and do something big back home. He was basically saying that the ones who "fail" are those who get a big head and immediately move to LA to be stars, not realizing how stiff the compeition is. But that the ones who take their "celebrity" and go back home to open a bar, a restaurant, a karaoke business, whatever are those who succeed. 

It seems that Whitney is ignoring her "real life" in favor of her TLC life. THAT is why she doesn't have "time" to work out with Will. She is doing speaking engagements and stuff for TLC and to promote her book and "celebrity." The show is not showing that, of course. 

But all of that will end and she'll be left with very little. What she SHOULD be doing is focusing on her Big Girl Dance class, working on making it a franchise, creating a solid local business-hell, even hiring herself out as a lifecoach. (I know, I know, cringe-worthy but you KNOW people would hire her.) She needs to grab these opportunities while the iron is hot or else the show will end and she'll be left back at square one. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Chris Harrison, host of THE BACHELOR, made a good point years ago. He said that the people who get the most out of the show are those who use whatever minor celebrity they have and do something big back home. He was basically saying that the ones who "fail" are those who get a big head and immediately move to LA to be stars, not realizing how stiff the compeition is. But that the ones who take their "celebrity" and go back home to open a bar, a restaurant, a karaoke business, whatever are those who succeed. 

It seems that Whitney is ignoring her "real life" in favor of her TLC life. THAT is why she doesn't have "time" to work out with Will. She is doing speaking engagements and stuff for TLC and to promote her book and "celebrity." The show is not showing that, of course. 

But all of that will end and she'll be left with very little. What she SHOULD be doing is focusing on her Big Girl Dance class, working on making it a franchise, creating a solid local business-hell, even hiring herself out as a lifecoach. (I know, I know, cringe-worthy but you KNOW people would hire her.) She needs to grab these opportunities while the iron is hot or else the show will end and she'll be left back at square one. 

This is so true and Whitney really could parlay this minor celebrity into real, long-lasting money. Franchising is a definite way to go. Another option would be as a spokesperson. I said in one thread (don't remember which one) that she could become the Jared of somewhere like Chipotle. She eats so poorly that even though Chipotle isn't diet food she could lose a ton of weight eating burrito bowls (and avoiding sour cream, cheese and guac). It would make great commercials. But beside being too lazy to approach something like that,  I wonder if she'd be willing to eat burritos without the cheese/tortilla etc. even if it meant lots of money, losing weight, and getting healthier. 

Man - I want a burrito bowl now :-)

• Love 6

If I were Catie, I'd move to a different gym and start a class myself. Call it "Every Body Dance: The Class Where Size Really Doesn't Matter" and promote the heck out of it. She could have a nice little business going in no time. Look, if Whitney won't take advantage of a ripe opportunity, why shouldn't Catie? (Unless, of course, she's signed a non-compete agreement to be on the show.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 18
57 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

True story, the gym I go to is owned buy someone who was on the bachelor or bachelorette ( i dont really know lol). Dont know what season he was on either.  But yeah if she had any brains in her head she would be capitalizing the SHIT out of her dance class. If i was her I would try to lose weight and be like look how toned i am ect ect dance is for everyone blah blah blah

• Love 4

I am wondering who is Whitney going to blame when a) she is unable to drive anymore because she is too large to fit behind the steering wheel and cannot push the seat back and still reach the pedal and b) when she cannot take care of herself after a bowel movement and needs assistance?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

I am wondering who is Whitney going to blame when a) she is unable to drive anymore because she is too large to fit behind the steering wheel and cannot push the seat back and still reach the pedal and b) when she cannot take care of herself after a bowel movement and needs assistance?

Whitney, as of now, can already only spend 10-15 minutes on her feet max. She can't shave her legs, can't put on her own shoes (and by the looks of it can't even wear shoes anymore). In my books, that's already limited mobility. Especially since it's essentially her own choice and not due to factors she can't control.

Once she can't drive her car anymore and become bedridden (when, not if), she will of course never take the blame for it. I don't know who will change her pee pads. At least she has 3 pizza apps and a small group of enablers to help keep her fed.

She will blame her friends and her parents for her condition. She will blame them for doing nothing to stop her or to save her while they still could. Mark my words.

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 9
On 8/12/2016 at 0:46 PM, 3girlsforus said:

This is so true and Whitney really could parlay this minor celebrity into real, long-lasting money. Franchising is a definite way to go. Another option would be as a spokesperson. I said in one thread (don't remember which one) that she could become the Jared of somewhere like Chipotle. She eats so poorly that even though Chipotle isn't diet food she could lose a ton of weight eating burrito bowls (and avoiding sour cream, cheese and guac). It would make great commercials. But beside being too lazy to approach something like that,  I wonder if she'd be willing to eat burritos without the cheese/tortilla etc. even if it meant lots of money, losing weight, and getting healthier. 

Man - I want a burrito bowl now :-)

Good idea and I will expand it!  Have her take their items and make a healthy low fat or low carb (whatever they choose) meal.  I actually would watch a weight loss show where it was following everything from exercise to eating plan in the real world.  Not these extreme weight loss type shows but regular people and how they get by working menus at regular places and getting them to fit their eating plan.  But nothing gimicky.  THE hardest part of losing weight is being out of the comfort of your own kitchen and making it work while also living a normal life with real world expectations.  She also needs a reward system that is NOT food or special snack based such as new music/book/game (nothing clothing related either, too much of a reminder how much you still have to lose).  This worked for me.

And now *I* want a burrito bowl.

• Love 4

A little late to the party, but watching the ferret video, what's so funny about a pet getting cancer, your parents taking care of him because you abandoned him and then him dying from cancer? Must have a different sense of humor, I suppose. And her laugh sounds like she has asthma. She still laughs like that. Boy, was she thinner in 2014/2015.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Good idea and I will expand it!  Have her take their items and make a healthy low fat or low carb (whatever they choose) meal.  I actually would watch a weight loss show where it was following everything from exercise to eating plan in the real world.  Not these extreme weight loss type shows but regular people and how they get by working menus at regular places and getting them to fit their eating plan.  But nothing gimicky.  THE hardest part of losing weight is being out of the comfort of your own kitchen and making it work while also living a normal life with real world expectations.  She also needs a reward system that is NOT food or special snack based such as new music/book/game (nothing clothing related either, too much of a reminder how much you still have to lose).  This worked for me.

And now *I* want a burrito bowl.

You are so right! What a great idea.  It drives me crazy that she could do something like this, get all the guidance she needs, lose weight, improve her health, AND get paid for it, but she wouldn't ever do it.   It would require eating in a way that she isn't willing to do.

One strange thing about her eating is that she doesn't seem to like anything that isn't junk food. Lots of people make bad food choices for lots of reasons. Pizza is more fun and certainly easier than cooking. McDonalds is cheaper than making pork chops at home. But what I find odd is that even when presented with good food, sitting right in front of her she doesn't like it or want it.  Did she never eat good food?  Usually if you grow up eating good food then at some point you want it, even if you eat too much of it or eat bad food as well.  My kids are normal. They like pizza, chips, cookies etc just like everyone. But if I asked them to choose dinner between pizza and that delicious piece of salmon, they would choose salmon, not because it's healthier but because they love it. I really wonder what she ate as a kid. I know her food choices now are rooted in all kinds of psychological issues, but I wonder if in addition to the other issues, she never developed a taste for actual food. 

• Love 7

I think it would be really smart for Whitney to spend a lot of time building up a youtube channel once this show gets cancelled. People can make pretty good money if they have a large enough following on youtube. I actually think this would be a better platform for her than this show because it would be less filler and she would have more control over what the audience sees. I don't really see her having many other options to capitalize on her fame because if she goes the weight loss sponsorship route she'll either fail or will be called out for not really believing the NoBS/HAES rhetoric that dictates that weight loss should not be the primary objective for fat people.

• Love 3

Babs only eats canned soup. Glen "taught" her to make a noodles-mayo-cheese meal. I doubt anyone in their household was cooking good meals with good food. Last season, Glen's health issues were blamed on him eating the way Vit claims she eats now: starve all day and then eat a huge late meal. I doubt Glen is making "good food" for himself every evening.  

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4

That's a really good point. I suspect, to add to what everyone has said, that Whitney grew up with a high-salt, convenience-food diet and thinks things that are less salty are "bland." Babs and her canned soup fixation would indicate that, as would every single "Thore family recipe" we have seen Whitney make. They're all basically high-sodium convenience foods that can be microwaved.

• Love 2

I grew up eating cheap, bad-for-you crap, because it was literally all we had in the house. My mother was a terrible cook, my dad a better cook but a sexist 50s-era guy who refused because that was women's work. I'm fat (though two of me still don't quite make up one of her - and I'm 5 inches taller). That's on me and has been since I left home for good and started making my own choices. 

I can completely believe Whitney has used, or could use, family tradition as yet another excuse for why she does what she does. She's the queen of excuses, especially those she can lay at someone else's feet. But mama and daddy aren't holding a gun to her as she places all those pizza orders. Her choices have been hers for a very long time.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I grew up eating cheap, bad-for-you crap, because it was literally all we had in the house. My mother was a terrible cook, my dad a better cook but a sexist 50s-era guy who refused because that was women's work. I'm fat (though two of me still don't quite make up one of her - and I'm 5 inches taller). That's on me and has been since I left home for good and started making my own choices. 

I can completely believe Whitney has used, or could use, family tradition as yet another excuse for why she does what she does. She's the queen of excuses, especially those she can lay at someone else's feet. But mama and daddy aren't holding a gun to her as she places all those pizza orders. Her choices have been hers for a very long time.

So true! Even if she thinks healthy food is bland or she is used to high sugar, salty foods, she is an adult (as she loves to point out) and can make her own decisions. It always annoys me when people in their 30s blame mommy and daddy for their problems. Sack up, buttercup, you're on your own now.

• Love 5

I definitely don't blame her parents for her food preferences/choices. It just amazes me that she never wants real food. I'm not talking diet food. I mean food that is food, not pizza or a small bit of lettuce drowning in ranch dressing. Maybe she needs a gift card to Penzey's.  At this point I don't really care if we see her eating super strict no-fat, type food. I'd like to see her sit down to a meal with a protein that isn't fried or cured and some vegetables. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 5

Hope this is the right place to post this.

In between a crapfest today I thought about this Body Shame cruise.    The website and the info provided looked very amateurish to me.

So, I called Carnival Cruise Line directly and they have never heard of this cruise.  The woman I spoke to triple checked and even asked a supervisor.

At most its a couple of women who live in the other Carolina who are hoping to get enough people to sign up so Whitney and her supposed cruise directors go for free.

I asked about all these activities listed and wouldn't they have to be arranged in advance and she said yes.    She (again) has no knowledge of Whitney or a Body Shame cruise.

The travel website also does not have it listed as far as I could see either.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

In between a crapfest today I thought about this Body Shame cruise.    The website and the info provided looked very amateurish to me.

So, I called Carnival Cruise Line directly and they have never heard of this cruise.  The woman I spoke to triple checked and even asked a supervisor.

At most its a couple of women who live in the other Carolina who are hoping to get enough people to sign up so Whitney and her supposed cruise directors go for free.

I asked about all these activities listed and wouldn't they have to be arranged in advance and she said yes.    She (again) has no knowledge of Whitney or a Body Shame cruise.

I just double checked the No BS Cruise site and it's apparently CruiseOne (never heard of it). So that may be why Carnival didn't know about it ;)

Edited because apparently it is a Carnival ship, d'oh! But I wonder if they know about all the weirdo programming on each cruise? This is definitely not an entire ship of No BS, it's like a dozen people who want to watch Whitney overflow the pool. (Yes, that was mean. But she has literally done it before.)

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 5

kudos to you Cherrio for checking out the cruise.  CruiseOne is apparently some kind of franchise operation according to google.  Presumably they would contract with Carnival but one would think Carnival would then have knowledge of it.

I cannot imagine what a blast it would be to be on a cruise with a bunch of twitney worshippers.  I can feel my blood pressure rise just thinking about it.

• Love 7

That seems like a third party travel  vendor that arranges everything on the cruise.  They're probably registered under "CruiseOne" and are not actually affiliated with Carnival.

I did notice their contact info on the website was an aol.com address.  SUper professional!

• Love 3
Just now, abbey said:

kudos to you Cherrio for checking out the cruise.  CruiseOne is apparently some kind of franchise operation according to google.  Presumably they would contract with Carnival but one would think Carnival would then have knowledge of it.

I cannot imagine what a blast it would be to be on a cruise with a bunch of twitney worshippers.  I can feel my blood pressure rise just thinking about it.

I'm just visualizing Whitney engaging in some ridiculous bingeing behavior (like picking up the entire steam tray at the buffet and walking off with it), and her fans screeching "DON'T SAY A WORD! THAT'S BODY SHAMING!!!" There ain't enough booze on that cruise ship to get me to go on that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

That is so weird!

I occasionally host retreats and workshops. I basically block off a group of rooms at a hotel (to get the group rate and ensure we're all together) and then book time in the meeting rooms and stuff. The hotel doesn't actually have anything to do with it-I am just contracting the space from them. 

I imagine this is what is happening with the cruise. They've blocked off a certain number off cabins, she has rented some meeting spaces, and all of this will be going on during the "regular" cruise. I imagine that just about anyone can do that-it would be the same if you wanted to have a family reunion on a cruise ship. 

Now I am wondering if it's not just Whitney and her friends throwing a website together, creating a new email, and acting like a third party so that they can all go on a cruise and get some of their trips covered. OR maybe TLC has put it together for her. When we watch the show, it will look like all these people are there for HER cruise, even though they're just random people trying to enjoy the Caribbean with no idea of who she is. 

Le sigh. 

@ClareWalks said there isn't enough alcohol...There is enough alcohol, but they'd end up throwing me off because I KNOW I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut at her shenanigans. Kerryn would have nothing on me. 

• Love 8

I actually think the cruising with Twit might be a good way to get plenty of exercise and lose some weight. Listening to her guffaw and her super-fans gush over her all day every day would definitely make me lose my appetite, and I'd be constantly on the run trying to get as far away from them as possible!!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I'm just visualizing Whitney engaging in some ridiculous bingeing behavior (like picking up the entire steam tray at the buffet and walking off with it), and her fans screeching "DON'T SAY A WORD! THAT'S BODY SHAMING!!!" There ain't enough booze on that cruise ship to get me to go on that.

I'm still laughing at the visual & can picture her waddling barefoot down the hall with the steam tray under her arm. 

I feel sorry for the other people on the cruise that aren't part of Whit's group.  Hopefully not many people will be in Whit's group so they won't take over the whole cruise.  

• Love 4

I'm wondering how many of her "true believers" can (a) actually afford a cruise and/or (b) would want to take a cruise in the first place. 

I just envision them as either very young (so a and b probably apply) or, well, incredibly gullible to buy the giant load of crap she and her pack of wolves are selling.

Not intending to be deliberately snooty, just that her issues should be pretty clear to anyone paying attention (and anyone who's ever battled weight loss and understood the connections between things like calorie intake, energy used, etc.). The group left over - who truly believe, or want to believe, her bravery, her complete innocence in her situation and her utter FABULOUSNESS - must ultimately be a pretty small (if vocal) one. 

• Love 3

I really doubt more than a handful of people actually go on Twit's cruise, but I can't see her admitting to a low turnout because it would be a huge blow to her massive ego. I wouldn't put it past her to take a ton of pics of random passengers, and giving away stacks of freebie "No BS" tank tops to make it look like the ship is filled to capacity with Twit super-fans.

Maybe we can all chip in to send a couple of people on the cuise to spy on Twit & her gang so we can get the real "Skinny" on the whole event.

Any volunteers??? (I'll call ahead to make sure the bar is well stocked!)

Edited by TotoGirl
Because 'spellnig is impor-unt'
  • Love 2

Thanks to all for explain the cruise logistics. 

There are people who believe anything,  so I'm  not surprised Twit has fans. Sad, delusional fans. Fans who are angry at parents for making them that way or fans who are angry about the unfairness of gaining pounds while others can eat the same cheeseburgers, pizza, pasta, and frappachinos, and not expand--even though we know they are not healthy either,  just cuz they're skinny. Fucking metabolism! 

A cruise sounds great  now, but being around  that close to Whit and her twits would explode my blood pressure.  Or make me an alcoholic. Or jump overboard. Nope, just no. 

Plus, on the bright side,  its not like any major companies like Lane Bryant, or even Catherine's, had hired her for a model  or sell her crap. Her "dance" videos will go to the WALMART bargain bin quickly. Her No BS merchandise will be seen on villagers in Third World countries by 2020. Her book will prop up many a wonky short kitchen table leg. Anyone remember Susan Power from back in the day?  

All things must pass. Twit's fifteen minutes of fame is just taking way too long. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Plus, on the bright side,  its not like any major companies like Lane Bryant, or even Catherine's, had hired her for a model  or sell her crap. 

Do places like Lane Bryant sell clothes big enough for her? I looked up the size chart and most of the pants go to size 28 which is a 52" waist. It seems like that wouldn't be big enough.

• Love 3

I can't even with the whole cruise thing.  How very sad.  But there are those who WANT to believe Twit's message - who want to eat and drink what they want, in amounts they want, and still believe (in their own minds) that they are healthy and fit.  So there will be a good group that signs up for this cruise - enough that Twit and her followers will be able to cruise for free (or near free).  Doesn't get much better than that, for a D-list reality "star".  Glad I'm not going to be anywhere near this Titanic disaster. 

• Love 3

I will never understand Whitney's insistence that she is fit. She looked TERRIFIED at the prospect of dancing for 20 minutes straight for the workout video. When she heard she had to do 3 ballroom dances in a row (10 minutes tops), she freaked out. You simply, in my professional opinion, cannot call yourself "fit" if 30 minutes of exercise is extremely daunting for you. Sorry, Whitney. It really doesn't matter what your size is, it is the total lack of cardiovascular capacity that makes you unfit.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I'm wondering how many of her "true believers" can (a) actually afford a cruise and/or (b) would want to take a cruise in the first place. 

Well cruises are places to gorge, aren't they?  (I've never been on one, except to cross the Chesapeake Bay, or from Scotland to Ireland, short, Gilliganesque cruises.)

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Her No BS merchandise will be seen on villagers in Third World countries by 2020.

I absolutely love this comment. 

• Love 7

I saw on her FB page she announced that there was a clearance on her No BS fleeces, only $9.99. Immediately her fans started bitching about how there were only smalls and mediums left, and they should restock and put out larger sizes at that price. So, the sizes demanded notwithstanding, we are dealing with people who 1) don't understand how "clearances" work...they price stuff low because it otherwise hasn't sold; and 2) feel entitled to pay the clearance price for merchandise that is in higher demand and therefore SHOULD be priced higher. Stupid and entitled...sounds like Whitney fans, alright.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Do places like Lane Bryant sell clothes big enough for her? I looked up the size chart and most of the pants go to size 28 which is a 52" waist. It seems like that wouldn't be big enough.

No, they don't sell those sizes , but there's a new idea for a market or line for Twit's die-hard (and sooner than average) followers.

Maybe Twit could hawk scooters! 

Edited by Tosia
Clarifying that LB nor Catherine's has plans for sizes that large that I know of.
  • Love 2