Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

The radio station Whit works at? Owned by Beasley Broadcast Group.

As in TODD Beasley, her dance partner.

It also owned the other station she worked at.

Might be a total coinkidink but, then again, it might make the "internship" make some sense now...

PS-I saw the name on the bldg in an episode...

• Love 6

Is Whit celebrating National Dance Day tomorrow?  I heard about it on a talk show yesterday & googled it. There is a dance video that is taught by 4 teenage all stars from the So you think you can dance show. (Sorry, can't link correctly on my tablet) . Each teen taught a part of the video & then they put it all together.  Whitney could take a lesson from these kids.  Their teaching & dancing skills are much better than hers and it was nice not seeing any butt shaking in any part of it.  The dance seemed a little bit more than Whit would be able to handle and don't see her being able to successfully finishing it even tho she is the Dance pro.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/29/2016 at 10:40 AM, Barb23 said:

Is Whit celebrating National Dance Day tomorrow?  I heard about it on a talk show yesterday & googled it. There is a dance video that is taught by 4 teenage all stars from the So you think you can dance show. (Sorry, can't link correctly on my tablet) . Each teen taught a part of the video & then they put it all together.  Whitney could take a lesson from these kids.  Their teaching & dancing skills are much better than hers and it was nice not seeing any butt shaking in any part of it.  The dance seemed a little bit more than Whit would be able to handle and don't see her being able to successfully finishing it even tho she is the Dance pro.

Here's the video. :)

Edited by lallalla
I swear I put the link in yesterday! geesh, hello me!
  • Love 1

The link to the PLT clip led me to this.  What a caring, compassionate pet owner.  Wandaleeza looked really bad the last time we saw her.  Stress?  Flea infestation?  Pets take care, which takes effort.  Not saying the ferret's cancer was from lack of care, but her reaction to it is troubling.  Also, Twit is much smaller here. 

• Love 4

I can't even respond to what she looks like in this video...

Her reaction and demeanor in telling the story of her ferret's cancer, treatment, surgery and death is INFURIATING!!! I would NEVER laugh about any of my pet's deaths...in fact, I often can't talk about it at all because I still cry when I think about losing them.

Dusgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

• Love 13

Does Whitney really find her stories THAT funny. I mean, I get how things can seem funnier if you actually lived through it, but that story merited a slight chuckle at the most. And it ends in her pet dying.

If you can't tell, her endless guffawing annoys me. I just imagine her telling a "hilarious" story at a cocktail party trying to be charming, and she can barely get through it because she's laughing so hard, and everyone else is just standing there with fake smiles plastered on their faces and eyes nervously darting toward each other wondering when the torture will end.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

The link to the PLT clip led me to this.  What a caring, compassionate pet owner.  Wandaleeza looked really bad the last time we saw her.  Stress?  Flea infestation?  Pets take care, which takes effort.  Not saying the ferret's cancer was from lack of care, but her reaction to it is troubling.  Also, Twit is much smaller here. 

In the video, Whitney looks the way Dr Now's patients look months after surgery. If she was 378 lbs there, there is NO CHANCE she's 380 right now.

• Love 4

What a horrible person! How can she find humor in the death of an innocent animal who had suffered terribly? I just can't. I had a ferret who went through a similar health crisis and had to be put down in September of 1995. I remember the approximate date because he died right after my daughter was born, which was a lucky distraction for me. To this day I could not laugh while telling his story. She makes me so angry. Argh.

• Love 6

The ferret video represents a turning point for me.  Before I saw Whitney as delusional about her eating habits, immature, and slightly annoying at times.  Nevertheless, I thought I detected a glimmer of intelligence, thoughtfulness, and compassion underneath it all.  Nope.  I am disappointed that she irresponsibly abandoned an animal, but the fact that she finds it hilarious that her parents would actually care about and for the ferret is truly disgusting.  That laugh is just so situationally inappropriate.  Maniacal.   

• Love 11

I've had many pets over the years and there is only one that I could maybe smile about its death. That one was a dog that died when I was 18 months old after chasing (and getting hit by) his third garbage truck. Apparently, he didn't learn the first two times that a dachshund cannot successfully take on a garbage truck by running under the moving car and attacking the front driver's side window. But I have no memory of this animal and it's not a story mom and dad laugh about because the dog had been with them for 6 years. The only reason I even know about that dog is because he was in some childhood photographs and I asked. Whitney's response tells me she only cares for herself. Everything orbits around her and when she's done with her toys, they are cast off.

Does anyone know why she went to Korea? I missed that

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, MegD said:

I've had many pets over the years and there is only one that I could maybe smile about its death. That one was a dog that died when I was 18 months old after chasing (and getting hit by) his third garbage truck. Apparently, he didn't learn the first two times that a dachshund cannot successfully take on a garbage truck by running under the moving car and attacking the front driver's side window. But I have no memory of this animal and it's not a story mom and dad laugh about because the dog had been with them for 6 years. The only reason I even know about that dog is because he was in some childhood photographs and I asked. Whitney's response tells me she only cares for herself. Everything orbits around her and when she's done with her toys, they are cast off.

Does anyone know why she went to Korea? I missed that

Maybe she went to buy some dog meat.  Horrid bitch.  This especially pissed me off right now since my beloved pekingese, Delilah, died here at home about an hour ago.  There will never be a time or place as long as I live, when I laugh about her death.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 10
(edited)

That was the most horrible video. What kind of wretched human being laughs about the death of their pet???? Our family has lost a few pets, most recently one of our cats, and now 8 months later we are just starting to be able to smile when remembering the great things about him instead of crying. Never would I be able to think of the day we lost him and laugh. 

I think that might have done it for me.  Fat or thin, she's just a horrible person.

Edited to add... did anyone notice how at the beginning of the video she blames the fact that she was about to get evicted on her 'roommate telling on her'? Of course it wasn't because she had an animal she wasn't allowed to have. It was her roommate's fault. I know it's subtle, but it's the way a narcissist speaks. Nothing is ever their fault.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 17
On July 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM, 3girlsforus said:

Do we know for sure she really was bulimic/anorexic? It just seems like another way to justify not wanting to lose weight or deal with her health issues while garnering more sympathy for her victim mentality. I don't know that I buy that her fear related to losing weight is that she'll become bulimic. I think she's afraid because it takes a lot of work. 

I just really question this claim, unless there is verifiable proof. She likes to glam onto every type of victim label. She was bullied. She was anorexic. She was bulimic. She was fat shamed. She has the worst PCOS anyone has ever had. Eventually you start wondering how much of it is crap.

I don't buy it. Not because it's not possible, but it's just unlikely. The odds that she only ate 500 calories a day, was averaging 2-3 hours of working out a day (according to her 15 hours a week), and only losing 2.5 pounds a week at her 200+ size (even after the weight loss), it just doesn't add up. My guess is the 500 calories a day was really more like 1500. People tend to underestimate what they eat, while over estimating how much they're working out / burning from working out. I highly recommend Secret Eaters, it's a BBC show, you can find most episodes on You Tube, and it's about people who "just don't understand how they're gaining weight when they eat so healthy"--surprise, they aren't eating healthy.

Also, I'm pretty sure that to be diagnosed as having anorexia, you have to be underweight. People who have disordered restrictive eating but are overweight have are diagnosed as having a different eating disorder (eating disorder not otherwise diagnosed? something like that). And isn't it interesting how we're so quick to accuse a thin person of having anorexia/bulimia, or otherwise starving themselves or under eating, but it's inappropriate to speak of a morbidly obese person as having binge eating disorder? Or the audacity of suggesting they need help, otherwise they may develop health issues... it's the same on both ends, except that ~50 pounds underweight is a pretty quick death sentence, and 50 pounds overweight isn't such a big deal to most people anymore ("No girl you look great!"). And this is speaking as someone who has been 50 pounds overweight and, other than recognizing that I'd look better thinner and would prefer to be thinner, never had any adverse health effects.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Honey said:

This especially pissed me off right now since my beloved pekingese, Delilah, died here at home about an hour ago.  There will never be a time or place as long as I live, when I laugh about her death.

I'm sorry for your loss. Like I said, I don't know much about that dog but I cried for hours on end when my cat died in her sleep after over 20 years. I should clarify that the part that was amusing was that Mom called Dad to tell him horribly upset and couldn't be understood other than "ran over" and "garbage truck" and he came home thinking that I had been run over, not the dog. Mom can be a bit histrionic.

I get the sense that Whitney gets bored with things rather quickly. She got tired of the ferret so her parents took it in. I think she's bored with Wandaleeza and if she could dump her on her parents she would. I think she's not bored of Allister yet because he doesn't live with her. She worked out and dieted for a little while and then got bored and quit. I think she's over the dance class and that's why she's not showing up. She's bored with Lennie so now she's on to Roy. Run Roy, run. Finally, I think she's bored with trying to appear put together on television so she's stopped holding back on her habits and we're seeing them now.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Smh this scared my poor dog. She was innocently relaxing on the couch with me, but when Whitney started laughing near the end her head popped up and did that little doggie tilt. Then she just started looking more and more alarmed until she just abandoned me to go lie down in her crate instead...

• Love 4
On July 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM, grayson said:

Her performance looks like "twerking" to me. Impressive, actually, if you like twerking.

lol maybe like two seconds. kind of. she's mostly just swinging her hips and doing a roll or two

On July 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Do people actually like twerking???

*raises hand* yes

(edited)

Whitney, you heinous, self-absorbed, lazy bitch. Your parents took loving care of a pet you DUMPED on them. They did what you were unwilling to do: they gave him the life he deserved while you stuffed your face and pretended to be "fabulous." They made commitments to him, commitments that you so readily abandoned, and ensured that he had the care he needed.

That act of your dad at the end of his life that you found soooooooooooo uproariously funny? That was an act of love and compassion - something that you seem to reserve only for yourself. Which, with this display, you prove you do not deserve. 

Go to hell.

(For the record, I get that expensive cancer treatments are not an option for many families - families who love and care for their pets. Babs and Glenn were able to take that step. That is a good and loving thing. It is not a punchline, nor is it a sign of weakness.)

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 13
(edited)

Wow, watching that video was like watching a very mirthful sociopath. I could *kind of* see where her story was supposed to go...the point seemed to be, don't let the parents tell you they don't like animals, because they love them A LOT, and here's a story that shows this. You tell some of the story, smile sadly about the pet, and maybe laugh a little at your parents pretending to be so tough when they are actually sweet softies. That's the way to tell that story. NOT have histrionics at the torturous death of a beloved (?) pet.

Edited by littlemommy
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

That was the most horrible video. What kind of wretched human being laughs about the death of their pet???? . . .

Fat or thin, she's just a horrible person.

Edited to add... did anyone notice how at the beginning of the video she blames the fact that she was about to get evicted on her 'roommate telling on her'? Of course it wasn't because she had an animal she wasn't allowed to have. It was her roommate's fault. I know it's subtle, but it's the way a narcissist speaks. Nothing is ever their fault.

58 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Whitney, you heinous, self-absorbed, lazy bitch.  . . 

Go to hell. . . 

19 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Wow, watching that video was like watching a very mirthful sociopath. I could *kind of* see where her story was supposed to go...the point seemed to be, don't let the parents tell you they don't like animals, because they love them A LOT, and here's a story that shows this. You tell some of the story, smile sadly about the pet, and maybe laugh a little at your parents pretending to be so tough when they are actually sweet softies. That's the way to tell that story. NOT have histrionics at the torturous death of a beloved (?) pet.

^^^All of this. Because I just now watched that video and I don't have sufficient words.

Although I do have these words. True story: A few minutes before I checked this forum this morning, I was flipping through the books and sample books in my Kindle library on my iPad. I've downloaded a sample of The Sociopath Next Door - which I read last year (borrowed from the library) and am thinking about buying. I re-read the beginning of the book which constitute the Kindle sample. Then, as I said, decided to check this forum - and watched that video clip.

I'm not a mental health professional, but Whitney's huge guffaws while telling this story were just chilling to me. And thanks to @3girlsforus, I didn't miss that "I was about to get evicted because my roommate" remark. Yeah, Whit, you're just a laff a minute - and how horrible of your roommate to get your lease-breaking ass out of her home. Not. 

IMO this clip could - and probably should - be used in psych classes when the subject is sociopathy and narcissism.

What I'm still wrapping my head around is why TLC has this clip on its YouTube feed. Are they so totally immersed in a world of narcissist reality TV personalities that they no longer see what this is? SMH.

• Love 7

I just watched that video.  I kept telling myself it couldn't be as bad as everyone said and it wasn't.  It was worse, far worse.  To laugh like a hyena about the ferret losing its hair due to cancer treatments.  To laugh when her parents, compassionate folks that they are, held up the ferret so Whitney could have a final goodbye.  To laugh at her parents spending thousands of dollars on cancer treatment.  She is despicable.

• Love 11

@Ketzel Maybe the wording of the "skin condition" hypotheticals wasn't perfect, but the point was a valid one: Whitney likes to deflect concerns about her weight affecting her health by pointing out that thin people can also have the same health conditions. Skinny people get diabetes! Skinny people have high cholesterol! Skinny people can suffer from hair loss or shortness of breath or high blood pressure.! Therefore, anyone suggesting that Whitney should lose weight to improve her health is fat-shaming her.

Which, of course, is utterly illogical. Just because a thin person can have high cholesterol, doesn't mean that losing weight won't improve a fat  person's blood profile, Whitney! 

Pulling my response over from the episode thread. 

Maybe it's just one of those agree to disagree things?

For me it's not so much about the truth of something, but the fact that people are only singling out one particular subgroup for their "concerns". It's not so much that skinny people have health issues too, but that people feel they can comment on mine because I'm fat. It's like unknowingly walking into a room full of diabetics, pointing out all the fat people and being like 'wow you guys are really fat, you should lose weight because obesity is linked with diabetes'.  True, sure. Would I still be offended, hell yes. 

There's a good chance I might just not be remembering, but I've heard Whitney use excuses with her friends/family that she's trying, she ate healthy yesterday, it's only for a special occasion, etc., but I don't remember her using the "well skinny people..." excuses with them. When she's talking about random people trying to comment on her or fat people's in general weight, yes definitely. 

In that instance it's the difference between "you collapsed while dancing, you were pre-diabetic, you're physically incapable of skiing and putting on your own shoes, I'm worried about you, this needs to change" and "do you really think you should be eating that?" from the waitress your ordering a brownie sundae from (who knows none of those issues). 

If I lost weight it'd improve my health. I still don't want people coming up to me like, "looks like you're getting a little chubby there Cinna, you should probably lose some weight to reduce your risk of diabetes." Whether fat or skinny I hate when people comment on my body. It feels revolting. 

• Love 7

@Cinnamini11 I think you should be the voice of the No BS campaign! You are articulating it so much better than Whitney. I totally agree with you that nobody should be subjected to judgment and ridicule based on their body size/shape/whatever. "Fat" people are still people and they deserve respect like anyone else. Same with thin people, curvy people, people of color, and all the other differences we might have. And I don't think anyone who isn't close to Whitney is in a position to go up to her and make comments about her choices and her health, even if it is well-intended. 

I think many of our problems with Whitney (and I am making an assumption that most of us truly wish her well) is that she is extremely resistant to hearing anything for the sake of her health from people for whom it IS appropriate to comment (close friends, her parents, her trainer, her doctors). She just kind of sticks her fingers in her ears and says "LA LA LA I can't hear you!" But the fact is that for Whitney, her life is at stake. She is already at least pre-diabetic, has sleep apnea so bad that she needs a CPAP machine, and has issues with her mobility to the point where she becomes injured for no apparent reason (her back going out), she can't put on or fit into her shoes, and she gets out of breath doing basic simple tasks. Her family is terrified for her, and instead of at least giving their concerns some thought, she just refuses to take charge of her health. I think the real tragedy is that her parents just have to sit back and watch it happen and there is literally nothing they can do. The people who love Whitney have a reason to feel invested in her health, and Whitney just keeps connecting it to her appearance and insisting that it's fine to look the way she does. Yes, it is fine to look the way she does, but it is accompanied in this case by serious health concerns that truly affect those who love her most. The sooner Whitney accepts that, the better it will be for her.

• Love 7
(edited)

@Cinnamini11 - I just want to make clear that my post was not intended to read as if actual fat-shaming was OK.  I am not saying it is OK for random passers-by to criticize choices made by people they perceive to be overweight.  Nor do I think it is appropriate to make assumptions or say anything about the health status of an individual, if the only thing you know about that person is their size.

My post was specifically about Whitney, and how readily she dismisses as "fat shaming" comments and suggestions made to her by people who know her, and have a close-up view of how she is currently living her life, including her doctors and her trainer.  I know she has done this on more than one occasion, although the only specific one I can recall at the moment was after a doctor said her cholesterol was high, putting her at risk of heart disease, and recommended she lose weight. Whitney was upset because she knew that Buddy's girlfriend Heather had high cholesterol even though she was thin.  Therefore she decided the doctor's recommendation that she lose weight was routine medical fat shaming; her weight had nothing to do with her risk of heart disease.

Hence the last line in my post, pointing out the illogic of Whitney's thinking.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

It's true, @Ketzel, Whitney definitely takes all of that as "you just hate fat people." That is frustrating, because a lot of her problems (PCOS, sleep apnea, mobility issues, pre-diabetes) could be helped with weight loss. But because thin people can have the same problems, she just thinks "stop hating fat people, you skinny bitches!" Ugh. It is very difficult for a doctor to reason with someone like this. She doesn't view obesity as a disease, she views it as a risk factor, one that may have a correlation with her health problems but "you can't prove causation!" If she actually tried to lose weight healthfully, she may see how much it would help her, but her immaturity and (probable) fear of failure is crippling her.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

It's true, @Ketzel, Whitney definitely takes all of that as "you just hate fat people." That is frustrating, because a lot of her problems (PCOS, sleep apnea, mobility issues, pre-diabetes) could be helped with weight loss. But because thin people can have the same problems, she just thinks "stop hating fat people, you skinny bitches!" Ugh. It is very difficult for a doctor to reason with someone like this. She doesn't view obesity as a disease, she views it as a risk factor, one that may have a correlation with her health problems but "you can't prove causation!" If she actually tried to lose weight healthfully, she may see how much it would help her, but her immaturity and (probable) fear of failure is crippling her.

Yes. Although I'm not even sure she'd concede it was a risk factor. Her whole argument, at least from season one, seemed to be that the only reason  fat people felt compelled to lose weight was to conform to media-driven standards of "normal," reinforced by the body shaming of everyone from Donald Trump to the Surgeon General.  All the "health" concerns were really a bogus facade for what was really discrimination based on fat stereotypes, like laziness. Fat can be Fit!

If she can remain at close to 400 lbs. without demonstrating any ill-effect attributable to her weight, she's made her case.* Unfortunately for Whitney, her obesity is having demonstrable effects, which she seems absolutely adamant about denying. We can see she can't get her shoes on and walk in them, but she doesn't even seem to notice, except when Todd doesn't leap to help her. We can see the small frame of a 5"1" woman is struggling under the burden of the weight, but she doesn't seem to connect the dots when her back hurts, her knee hurts, her breath gives out.  We can watch the food she eats and see that she's inviting a whole host of deadly preventable diseases in with open arms, but until the day someone leans over her and says, "You're having a stroke, Whitney. Swallow this aspirin, the ambulance is on the way," she will consider herself healthy. And no doubt point out that her skinny 86-year-old former English teacher had a stroke, so it has nothing to do with weight . . .

*Although, conveniently,  she will always have her PCOS diagnosis to fall back on, if her weight-related issues do catch up with her.

• Love 11

@Ketzel I think Whitney saw weight as a "risk factor" in season 1 (she was at least paying lip service to losing weight for her health), but she hasn't been too vocal about it since then, so her mind has probably changed to think of weight as a "non factor." I've recently been rewatching the first two seasons on Hulu, and it is shocking how much more defensive and change-resistant she has gotten since then. And she wasn't particularly un-defensive or change-ready THEN, either! She is just ten times worse now. Grim.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

@Ketzel I think Whitney saw weight as a "risk factor" in season 1 (she was at least paying lip service to losing weight for her health), but she hasn't been too vocal about it since then, so her mind has probably changed to think of weight as a "non factor." I've recently been rewatching the first two seasons on Hulu, and it is shocking how much more defensive and change-resistant she has gotten since then. And she wasn't particularly un-defensive or change-ready THEN, either! She is just ten times worse now. Grim.

Grim, indeed.

• Love 2

I would love to see a reunion show a la Real Housewives at the end of the season. No sugar coated questions. Go for the jugular. I would sit in front of the TV and watch the shit show unfold with a glass of milk and a giant chocolate chip cookie 

• Love 7

Whitney's pissiness about "skinny privilege" really gets me going. First of all, being "skinny" is not always a matter of sheer genetic luck. Some of us...most of us...work hard to have lean bodies. We don't eat a ton of junk. We work out regularly. Second, if anyone is privileged, it's Whit. She has everything done for her up to and including tying her shoes, like a preschooler. I honestly shudder to think what Whitney would become if Glen and Babs passed away. Whit's friends would quickly tire of her constant demands, and she would be alone in her filth and squalor, whining to the disinterested TLC crew about how fabulous she still is and begging them to go pick up her Starbucks order for her.

• Love 9

Instead of a fake funeral, maybe a good wake-up call would be for EVERYONE who helps/enables her, to leave her to her own devices for a day or two.
No shoe help, fetching, and carrying, nothing unless it was life and death.

• Love 14
(edited)

@PsychoKlown

Wow. So I feel like I'm kind of spinning my wheels here lol. And like maybe I should just let it go and watch tv or something? But I guess I need to vent too because somehow I'm still here.

So.

Whitney says a lot of crap. But I will not throw thin privilege under the bus with her. 

Yes, there is thin privilege.

Privilege has 100% absolutely nothing to do with how hard you do or don't work. Everyone has some sort of privilege, more likely multiple different kinds. Privilege doesn't mean you don't struggle or that everything is always easy for you. Someone's life can royally suck and they can still have privilege. Dirt poor white people still have white privilege. A black man with a disability still has male privilege. As a thin person you have the privilege of... 

...not getting moo-ed at when you walk by. 

...not having perfect strangers comment on what you "should" be eating. 

...not getting fired/kept from promotions because your fat even though it's not inhibiting your ability to do your job.

...having tons of clothing styles/options catered to your body type and widely available in stores. 

...being able to go out in sweatpants and tshirt and have people be more likely to assume you're on your day off or coming from the gym, rather than you're just lazy, dirty, slob because that's how fat people are. 

...going to the gym and not having people give you disgusted looks and giggle. 

...not having the vast majority of fictional characters with your body type portrayed as lazy, evil, a sidekick, unattractive or nonsexual, and/or stupid. (yay representation)

etc. etc. 

Thinness is not glorified because of how "healthy" it is. It's not about fitness. If it was, my beanpole skinny friend who works out less than I do (not an easy feat) and who self-describes her favorite activity as "eating" wouldn't count. But she does. 

Whether one thinks the above are problems fat people should just have to deal with or not, doesn't change the fact that they do and thin people don't, and that's privilege. I just want to be clear that I'm talking about the existence of thin privilege as a real thing and not about 'well Whitney still does/says' whatever whatever. 

Edited by Cinnamini11
typo/missing word
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Cinnamini11 said:

@PsychoKlown

Wow. So I feel like I'm kind of spinning my wheels here lol. And like maybe I should just let it go and watch tv or something? But I guess I need to vent too because somehow I'm still here.

So.

Whitney says a lot of crap. But I will not throw thin privilege under the bus with her. 

Yes, there is thin privilege.

Privilege has 100% absolutely nothing to do with how hard you do or don't work. Everyone has some sort of privilege, more likely multiple different kinds. Privilege doesn't mean you don't struggle or that everything is always easy for you. Someone's life can royally suck and they can still have privilege. Dirt poor white people still have white privilege. A black man with a disability still has male privilege. As a thin person you have the privilege of... 

...not getting moo-ed at when you walk by. 

...not having perfect strangers comment on what you "should" be eating. 

...having tons of clothing styles/options catered to your body type and widely available in stores. 

I left those three things quoted because when I was legit really skinny (and didn't work out), I was barked at when I walked by (because apparently I was hideous in high school, natch), I constantly dealt with people telling me to stop eating salads so much, and I could never find clothes in the stores because I was tall. I see what you're saying about thin privilege and I'm sure it exists because there's probably a "privilege" for every supposedly-desirable trait a person can have. I just think there are far more layers and Whitney is oversimplifying it to be "thin people are all revered and fat people are all loathed," and using that as an excuse to maintain a downward spiral of health and wellness. Plus it goes against her claims that No BS applies to EVERYONE, regardless of body type, when she makes those comments that imply that it's okay to belittle people for being thin.

• Love 14

Did you guys know Twit's a licensed Zumba instructor??? (Per her June 1 tweet...). I can't see her making it through a Zumba class any time in the past couple of years...so maybe it's been a while.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TotoGirl said:

Did you guys know Twit's a licensed Zumba instructor??? (Per her June 1 tweet...). I can't see her making it through a Zumba class any time in the past couple of years...so maybe it's been a while.

God help us! Out of curiosity, I checked Zumba's website to see how to get certified. They will certify anyone who takes their one-day, $225 course. So yeah, they're super-picky. ;)

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

God help us! Out of curiosity, I checked Zumba's website to see how to get certified. They will certify anyone who takes their one-day, $225 course. So yeah, they're super-picky. ;)

Maybe a Zumba instructor that's never taught? Not sure. But, she could add some Zumba moves to her repertoire of "dance" moves--at least more than "smirk at mirror......stomp, stomp, wave arms, stomp, stomp, wave arms, 'hip wave'.....repeat ad nauseum.....

• Love 3

So, does anyone know how fast people are signing (and paying) up for Whitney's cruise?

I was lazing around earlier and looked up the cruise on my iPad. The website says that places are available. Which could mean a few spots are left, or they are still 99% short of the required minimum passengers. The site also says that "the first 50 guests to reserve their cabins will receive a personal welcome aboard call from Whitney." I assume they will leave that on the page even after the first 50 customers sign up, as an enticement.  Otherwise, I'd assume that not even 50 fans have found the opportunity to cruise with Whit just too fabulous to resist. 

• Love 1
On July 29, 2016 at 2:06 PM, mamapajama said:

What the absolute fuck?! Why is she laughing?? It's not only about the ferret, although that's bad enough. Her parents spent a lot of money to try to keep him alive so obviously they loved him dearly. What about their grief? It is not funny! 

• Love 4

I came across this video from the last time she worked at a radio station. I don't know if it has ever been posted here, but how many serious producers would this type of shit. I know radio is a strange world, but still.. 

If both radio stations are indeed owned by her friend that would explain a lot.  

5 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I came across this video from the last time she worked at a radio station. I don't know if it has ever been posted here, but how many serious producers would this type of shit. I know radio is a strange world, but still.. 

It's nice to see her in sleeves!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Stinky said:

What the absolute fuck?!? What is happening to me?? Every time I check the thread there is another highly disturbing video of Whitney that I have to say "what the absolute fuck" to and I don't even really know what that means! 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Stinky said:

This seems like a typical radio bit to me. Nothing out of the ordinary IMO. 

• Love 1

When Whit told the camera that if Todd cared about their progress, he should just help her... Ooh, I almost threw something at my TV.  She just expected him to take her shoes off for her and then started rambling off a bunch of excuses as to why she couldn't.  The bench is attached to the wall, she can't reach her feet, she can't bend her legs.  OMG!  Her feet are so fat she can't wear a tiny heel for more than a couple minutes.  Something is not right.  Watching the two of them (two people who supposedly have rhythm) try to fox trot was tortuous.  She was so unbelievably bad I wanted to cry for Todd cause this was her brilliant idea to enter the competition.

Does it make anyone else crazy when she keeps saying "my dance career"?  "I'm doing this for my dance career."  "This is great exposure for my dance career."  WHAT DANCE CAREER IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?  Is she getting bookings?  A Zumba class does not a dance career make.  These so called dance DVDs... Where are they?  She gets so out of breath she can barely talk.  I really want to see these videos and see how amazing of a dance instructor she is.

She is so delusional about Roy having a crush on her.  So, she thinks any guy who talks to her wants her?  Seriously?  Can we just have a show with just Babs and Glenn only?  They are absolutely adorable and quite possibly the only reason why I'm still watching this show.  Oh besides to snark on crazy Whit.

• Love 10

I forgot to mention that I loved Will for blasting Whit the way he did.  She gained 4 pounds in a month while she's supposedly dancing and working out.  Stop lying!  It seems that people are finally getting tired of her.  How long did she think she could keep being 380 pounds and not have people question that something is not right?

• Love 12