Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

I think Whitney's remarks about her relationship with Lennie and the fact that she was crying about it in a way that seemed more genuine than her usual dramatics shows the weakness of her body acceptance attitude. She knows Lennie wasn't that into her, which is why she broke up with him, but she knows that she doesn't have many other options and he was her best bet at something long-term. Buddy has made it clear that he was never interested in her as a romantic prospect despite being her best friend. If he loves her personality, one can only assume he doesn't want to be her boyfriend solely due to her appearance.

Whitney can gain all the confidence in the world, love her body, feel beautiful and worthy of love (all of which I think is great), but no matter what, she can't force a man to love her back. The world being what it is, her size is going to be a detriment in the dating scene no matter how many men get on board with the NoBS message. Those men still likely want a thinner woman. Buddy choosing to date Whitney's thin best friend pretty much proves that.

I felt bad for her when she was talking about how she used to be obsessed with Buddy, and he was trying to minimize it, and then she had to admit that they had never had an actual relationship. It confirmed what I had been picking up in body language throughout the entire 3 seasons of the show: Whitney's attraction to Buddy is and has always been 1 sided. Then now she's with Lennie and EVERYONE is saying he doesn't seem into her. And she stated that Lennie's sex drive is very low whereas she wants it all the time. If it were me, I know I would be thinking that I was doomed to be in relationships where men really like my personality, but no matter how much they try, they are not sexually attracted to me. No one wants to feel that way ever, but especially not at 32.

I know she can find her match who does fulfill all the things that a young woman is looking for in a relationship, but she will have a harder time than the average person. She's in her 30s, obese, and has PCOS. She wants marriage and a family. Her solution for most uncomfortable things is avoidance. All this suggests to me is that Whitney is likely depressed but she's always hidden that behind her charismatic, fun-loving persona. And now the world is watching her and depending on her to prove that you can be fat and happy. I feel sorry for her.

But I also don't really like her because she's annoying and mean, so...

• Love 23

I've been thinking about Whitney's bizarre behavior. She is sexually inappropriate and juvenile. She sniffs arm pits. She bullies people into saying they like her or are interested in her. She's obsessed with shaking her ass. She lays down on the floor and asks her co-workers to touch her.  I am not a psychologist, but this sounds like some kind of personality disorder. Whether it's clinically diagnosable or not, most on here agree that she is a narcissist. But these behaviors sound like something else. 

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

I felt bad for her when she was talking about how she used to be obsessed with Buddy, and he was trying to minimize it, and then she had to admit that they had never had an actual relationship. It confirmed what I had been picking up in body language throughout the entire 3 seasons of the show: Whitney's attraction to Buddy is and has always been 1 sided.

There was this brief moment when Buddy was trying to respond to the question of why he didn't want to be Whit's boyfriend without actually coming out and saying anything negative about Whitney.  (I think it was the host asking.) He said he was "more conservative" than Whitney when it came to relationships.  I wonder if he was trying to say he didn't want to be with a woman who had such a juvenile and crude attitude towards sex. Was he trying to say that what's funny when his "friend" does it to someone else (armpit sniffing, publicly assessing relative levels of sexual enthusiasm, endless ass shaking, including appearing in the Fitty Smallz videos) is really embarrassing and off-putting when it's turned on him?

• Love 7

IMHO, I think that men would be turned off  more by Twit's personality v. her weight.

She's kind of  needy, bullying, controlling,  hypocritical, and weird. Mean as fuck if you cross her, too. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

Whitney can gain all the confidence in the world, love her body, feel beautiful and worthy of love (all of which I think is great), but no matter what, she can't force a man to love her back. The world being what it is, her size is going to be a detriment in the dating scene no matter how many men get on board with the NoBS message. Those men still likely want a thinner woman. Buddy choosing to date Whitney's thin best friend pretty much proves that.

I felt bad for her when she was talking about how she used to be obsessed with Buddy, and he was trying to minimize it, and then she had to admit that they had never had an actual relationship. It confirmed what I had been picking up in body language throughout the entire 3 seasons of the show: Whitney's attraction to Buddy is and has always been 1 sided. Then now she's with Lennie and EVERYONE is saying he doesn't seem into her. And she stated that Lennie's sex drive is very low whereas she wants it all the time. If it were me, I know I would be thinking that I was doomed to be in relationships where men really like my personality, but no matter how much they try, they are not sexually attracted to me. No one wants to feel that way ever, but especially not at 32.

Regarding men wanting to date her, its not just her appearance that may not appeal to men, but the physical limitations of her life. Sure, you can ride bikes with her for a couple of miles as long as you don't mind that she will stop and cry a couple of times because it is so taxing on her. Skiing is completely out, as are roller coasters. Avoiding any steps is best. Really, any physical activity for a length of time with her would mean you have to be prepared for her to throw up and/or pass out and possibly need to go to the emergency room. And since it seems to be an issue for her to wear shoes now, going out to restaurants or really anywhere in public is questionable. So, as Whitney's significant other, you'll spend your time shaving her legs, rubbing her feet, putting on her shoes (when she can wear them), and ordering pizza delivery. 

Regarding Lennie's lack of sex drive, its not surprising as I think he has a lack of any drive. I don't think I've ever seen someone with such low energy. It's almost like he's over medicated or something. I was shocked when they showed that deleted scene around the fire when they talked about Whitney & Lennie possibly getting married and that she may want to buy her own ring to which Lennie replied that would be, "less for him to do". You could tell all her friends were shocked too. I'm not sure if its because Lennie really isn't into Whitney at all or if he is just so lackadaisical in general that he can't be bothered or a combination of both, but if that's not a sign that this guy is not marriage material I don't know what is. If he can't even get excited about buying his fiancee an engagement ring, its not going to get better after the wedding. This guy has got almost nothing to give in a relationship. He just doesn't want to be bothered. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 16

The way Twit acted when she confronted Lennie about not being home at 3am spoke volumes. Calling him 10 times, getting upset when he didn't answer her texts right away, driving to his house to ask him where he'd been, putting her fingers over the peephole in the door so he wouldn't know it was her knocking...it seemed needy, clingy, insecure and a bit juvenile to me.

Combine that all the ass-shaking, Fitty Smallz videos, really overt sexual behaviors, sharing their intimate sexual details with a radio and TV audience - I could see where it would be overwhelming, intimidating and off-putting for a guy in this relationship having all of this stuff coming at him every minute of the day.

Add in the overbearing, loud, attention-seeking behavior, the guffaws, and  the weird pit-sniffing stuff and a lot of guys might think it's just too much to deal with.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, TotoGirl said:

The way Twit acted when she confronted Lennie about not being home at 3am spoke volumes. Calling him 10 times, getting upset when he didn't answer her texts right away, driving to his house to ask him where he'd been, putting her fingers over the peephole in the door so he wouldn't know it was her knocking...it seemed needy, clingy, insecure and a bit juvenile to me.

Combine that all the ass-shaking, Fitty Smallz videos, really overt sexual behaviors, sharing their intimate sexual details with a radio and TV audience - I could see where it would be overwhelming, intimidating and off-putting for a guy in this relationship having all of this stuff coming at him every minute of the day.

Add in the overbearing, loud, attention-seeking behavior, the guffaws, and  the weird pit-sniffing stuff and a lot of guys might think it's just too much to deal with.

Well, if you put it like that, I think most guys would run so fast they'd beat Usain Bolt's time in the 400 meters. 

• Love 13

I can't just imagine what Whitney is like when seeking support from her boyfriend. (Based on how she handled the skiing debacle.)

Whitney: Honeeeeeeee?! Where ARE you? I neeeeeeeed you. The Worst Thing Ever just happened to meeeee.

BF: What happened?

Whitney: I -I-I was ASSAULTED! That PIG ASSAULTED ME!

BF: What pig? Do you mean that big guy you work with?

Whitney: Not ROY! Don't be so stupid! First of all, he's a nice guy even if he does have a heavy crush on me that he doesn't know about yet. Second, I would never call a heavy man a pig! That would be fat shaming and I Don't Do That. How could you possibly not know that No Body Shaming is the very essence of my being aside from dance? And pasta, of course. NEVER forget the pasta!

BF. Not to worry, I bought the pasta. But honey, what pig assaulted you? Do you mean you were hit by a cop?

Whitney: No! No! NO! Are you deliberately being dumb as an ox? I respect the police, even though Black Lives Do Matter to me, but I would never call a person by an insulting animal description. It's so disrespectful! Why are you being so mean? Can't you see how upset I am ? I WAS ASSAULTED!!!!!!! BY A PIG!!!!

BF: (heavy sigh) Well, I'm trying to figure out who did it, and do you want me to go around and beat him up?

Whitney: NO, you idiot. I mean an actual pig. My mother Babs' pig. It knocked me over and DID things to me. It was just disgusting. I couldn't sit up and the pig was all excited and it was. . .was. . . .

BF: Look, I don't need the details, OK?  I'm sorry that happened. I can see you're upset.

Whitney: I NEED A HUG!!!

BF: Um, okay, but what's that white stuff all down the front of your leg? Maybe you should shower and change or something, huh? (Edges away as Whitney approaches with outflung arms.)

Whitney: If you really love me, you'd hug me NOW!!!

BF: Well, if you put it like that, I guess I'd better go. By, Whit.

Whitney:   Go ahead and leave, then. Fortunately I don't need anyone to validate my personhood! Or my sexual attractiveness - I am SO ATTRACTIVE I EVEN ATTRACT OTHER SPECIES!!!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7

@Ketzel--that ^ post needs a warning telling us to put on a Depends before reading!

Putting on Depends makes me think of Twit's statement: "Cuz, you know how when you laugh, or sneeze, or just sometimes for no reason, you pee all over yourself?" ( her voice trails off as Buddy looks like he's going to vomit....)

Edited by TotoGirl
Quoting Twit more clearly
  • Love 3

Fathete!  Toaster Strudel, that's brilliant! 

Loved the script, Ketzel! . I bet the producers are mad that they didn't think of it. 

And absolutelyido, too true. Whit's dating possibilities are not fabulous.  Except in her mind. 

Didn't Whit say in her TH about the hot tub scene,  that she couldn't believe her former lover, Buddy,  and current lover, Yukon, were in there with her together?   In her dreams, maybe.

Also, my first impression was that  Buddy sounded kind of drunk in part 2, cuz he was  slurring his words. Loved that Buddy admitted that he wasn't into Twit ever. One honest moment, cuz he was embarrassed that his friends would see the show. And then he would have to buy rounds at the bar cuz of selling his soul,  I nean, TLC money for dignity. 

God, the woman and her barnacles  are a fucking mess. 

• Love 4

So, as Whitney's significant other, you'll spend your time shaving her legs, rubbing her feet, putting on her shoes (when she can wear them), and ordering pizza delivery. 

So load up to move to that apartment in Houston.  Dr. Nowzardian is waiting.

• Love 4

Stupid question. Who is Donna Lee?  She seems to hang around Twitney alot and posted a short video on her cat Henchi. I have to assume she lives with Bratty (Buddy)  and Twit but she's never filmed and didn't appear in the special.  Anyone?

This whole Twit & Buddy thing is just weird. The "Boo Bear" pet name (said a bazillion times);  the vast number of "crossed the flesh-hold" comments, being in the hot tub with the man she 'used to be in love with'/man she's 'currently in love with', the juvenile pursed-lips 'kiss me Lennie' 'love you Lennie' gropey-stuff whenever Buddy was around, giving Heather all those side-eyed death stares, trying to get Buddy's undivided attention when Heather's around...I just assumed Twit and Buddy had had a hot & heavy romance, it ended & they remained good friends. NOW we find out there never was a romance between the two and Buddy says he's never thought of Twit romantically and he's never been physically attracted to her

Was this all some long-running delusion of Twit's? An outright lie to make her seem super-desirable? A load of crap just for good TV fodder? Or is she hoping all these stories & hints will make Buddy realize his one true love has been right in front of him all this time?

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

She's kind of  needy, bullying, controlling,  hypocritical, and weird. Mean as fuck if you cross her, too. 

@Tosia---Best two-sentence description of Twit I've ever seen.

May we suggest it to her as the title of her next book? ;)

Edited by TotoGirl
  • Love 2

Why isn't the dance class named something like "No Body Shame dance class" instead of "Big Girls Dance Class"?  I know she said the class is open to anyone with body issues, but it comes across as only for big girls.

• Love 3

^^I've thought the same thing about the 'Big Girls Dance Class' title. I could see where some people might think of it having a negative sound to it, and if there are guys out there who enjoy dancing as a form of exercise, how would they know whether or not they'd be welcome to participate? I like the "No Body Shame Dance Class" title, but I don't like Twit. Someone here suggested that Caitie start her own classes and call them "Every Body Dance Class"---that title sounds more like every size, age and gender is welcome. (Plus, I really like Caitie!)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

This whole Twit & Buddy thing is just weird. The "Boo Bear" pet name (said a bazillion times);  the vast number of "crossed the flesh-hold" comments, being in the hot tub with the man she 'used to be in love with'/man she's 'currently in love with', the juvenile pursed-lips 'kiss me Lennie' 'love you Lennie' gropey-stuff whenever Buddy was around, giving Heather all those side-eyed death stares, trying to get Buddy's undivided attention when Heather's around...I just assumed Twit and Buddy had had a hot & heavy romance, it ended & they remained good friends. NOW we find out there never was a romance between the two and Buddy says he's never thought of Twit romantically and he's never been physically attracted to her

Was this all some long-running delusion of Twit's? An outright lie to make her seem super-desirable? A load of crap just for good TV fodder? Or is she hoping all these stories & hints will make Buddy realize his one true love has been right in front of him all this time?

Yes, this was my point on another thread.  Did they have sex or not?  I'm so old fashioned, that I think two people would have to be attracted to each other at some level to be intimate.  Maybe there was copious amounts of alcohol involved?  Maybe she just, ahem, "serviced him"  due to the logistical issues (because I'm sure he hasn't been thin in decades - and neither was Lenny for that matter!) Maybe Twit made it all up?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I literally LOL-ed when Buddy said he was never into her, and laughed even harder when he said Lenny wasn't either.  I can't stand people who have an overly high opinion of themselves.  

Oh - and I'm going to MISS YOU GUYS!  This was a lot of fun!  What show are you all watching next?  I'm thinking Toddlers and Tiaras.

Edited by notyrmomma
I forgot to say something
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

Yes, this was my point on another thread.  Did they have sex or not?  I'm so old fashioned, that I think two people would have to be attracted to each other at some level to be intimate.  Maybe there was copious amounts of alcohol involved?  Maybe she just, ahem, "serviced him"  due to the logistical issues (because I'm sure he hasn't been thin in decades - and neither was Lenny for that matter!) Maybe Twit made it all up?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I literally LOL-ed when Buddy said he was never into her, and laughed even harder when he said Lenny wasn't either.  I can't stand people who have an overly high opinion of themselves.  

Oh - and I'm going to MISS YOU GUYS!  This was a lot of fun!  What show are you all watching next?  I'm thinking Toddlers and Tiaras.

See this is what I was wondering when I asked how long she's known Buddy. There was a lot of discussion on the other thread that he wasn't into her because of her size judging by the fact that he's currently dating Heather. But I thought she's known him since high school which means he's known her before the weight gain. So if he's never been attracted to her then it can't all be weight. 

• Love 4

Probably the spoiled, self-absorbed, obnoxious, cruel, etc., etc., etc., personality that undoubtedly pre-dates the weight gain. Something tells me that that didn't just appear out of the blue. 

Not that I'm into defending the scumbag after this latest display.

• Love 5

So I'm going to play armchair psychologist.... It's been mentioned before that many of her behaviors are common to victims of sexual abuse. I'll go on to speculate that she could have been date-raped her first year of college (it happens more than you might think and is mostly unreported). 1) Arrested development at that age. 2) Overly and inappropriately sexual. 3) "Protected" herself with an extra hundred+ pounds. Add the depression/isolation/shame she said she developed in college and the extreme coddling of her enablers (who may know there's more to the story) and it all adds up to something else (in addition to PCOS) going on beyond REALLY liking Vente Frappuccinos, pizza, pasta and giant cookies. 

It's all fun and fabulous making a show around a happy fat girl, but we've seen this is just a facade. I've read here or elsewhere that she's seeing a therapist. While I really hope there's more going on to address her issues, I'm doubtful it's something we'd ever see because TLC would rather propel a train wreck in the hopes of increased ratings. (I'm looking at you, Duggars.) 

Edited by amacmom
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

See this is what I was wondering when I asked how long she's known Buddy. There was a lot of discussion on the other thread that he wasn't into her because of her size judging by the fact that he's currently dating Heather. But I thought she's known him since high school which means he's known her before the weight gain. So if he's never been attracted to her then it can't all be weight. 

Good point. I posted this earlier - Whit mentioned that Buddy had been to Tokyo in her auctioning rap thing she did of him. Was his trip a vacation? Was it to visit Whit when she lived there? Just seemed like an out of the blue comment for her to say about him. 

On 8/20/2016 at 9:21 PM, Barb23 said:

Whit mentioned that Buddy had been to Tokyo in her auctioning rap thing she did of him. Was his trip a vacation? Was it to visit Whit when she lived there? Just seemed like an out of the blue comment for her to say about him. 

I thought she lived in Korea? I can't IMAGINE what the Japanese would have thought of her!!! Oy!! 

• Love 2
On 8/19/2016 at 4:31 PM, absolutelyido said:

And since it seems to be an issue for her to wear shoes now, going out to restaurants or really anywhere in public is questionable. 

Man, oh Manischewitz! (let's see who recognizes that!). I had to stop right there. Just looking back at the women my son dated before he got married, I'd say you have a point. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that even guys who aren't all that into physical fitness want a woman who can wear shoes.  

• Love 9

LOL, I remember well the Man, oh Manischewitz ads!!  Totally dating myself!  Ironically, today I was speaking to an insurance adjuster, water damage to my home.  His last name was Mannix, I said oh like the TV show?  I could hear the huh??? in the silence of his response!   

• Love 7

I remember both Manischewvitz snd Mannix!  Ripple wine and Strawberry Fields was also big back  in the day. Speaking of which, I made some nice  mushroom pasta tonight and enjoyed a Barefoot Moscato wine with it.   Hey, that would be perfect for Twit-- Barefoot wine.

Hopefully, I won't remember I said that in the morning, and will go on to enjoy wine fire years to come.  

Edited by Tosia
Memories light the corners of my mind.
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Tosia said:

I remember both Manischewvitz snd Mannix!  Ripple wine and Strawberry Fields was also big back  in the day. Speaking of which, I made some nice  mushroom pasta tonight and enjoyed a Barefoot Moscato wine with it.   Hey, that would be perfect for Twit-- Barefoot wine.

Hopefully, I won't remember I said that in the morning, and will go on to enjoy wine fire years to come.  

There is a new vegan milk substitute named 'Ripple.' First time I saw a picture of it, I thought for sure they had brought the wine back!  A few people on the FB page thought the same thing, but the rest of them young 'uns didn't know what we were talking about.

• Love 2
On ‎20‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 11:01 AM, 3girlsforus said:

How long has Whitney known Buddy? 

I had the same question and the other day I watched an old episode where Buddy tells Whitney she looked better than she did in high school.

On ‎22‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 11:59 PM, Maggienolia said:

I thought she lived in Korea? I can't IMAGINE what the Japanese would have thought of her!!! Oy!! 

I remember she said people looked at her funny in Korea, same in Japan I'd think. Didn't she say a guy physically assaulted her in a bar because she was fat? Apparently this caused her return to the US and losing 100 lbs. in 10 months.

18 hours ago, DatFatShorty said:

I remember she said people looked at her funny in Korea, same in Japan I'd think. Didn't she say a guy physically assaulted her in a bar because she was fat? Apparently this caused her return to the US and losing 100 lbs. in 10 months.

Yeah, I am absolutely not going to believe her here unless she has some kind of proof.  That's a tall claim.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DatFatShorty said:

I remember she said people looked at her funny in Korea. Didn't she say a guy physically assaulted her in a bar because she was fat? 

Whitney also said she dated a guy she met at a Korean Burger King: http://thetvpage.com/2015/01/11/big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-way-thore-tells/

She was once engaged.
“We went to Korea together. We lasted a year there and then we broke up. That was a four-year relationship. [Korea] was very stressful. It put a lot of stresses on our relationship, and I don’t think we were equipped to get through it.”

She bounced right back!
“After the breakup, this Korean guy came up to me in a Burger King—of course!—and starts making conversation. I am thinking, ‘Does this guy want an English lesson or does he want a date? I am really confused.’  We started dating and he called me his ‘Burger Queen’ after that.  He would like to flatter me and give me compliments, but his English wasn’t expansive, so he would go into the thesaurus and say things like ‘I love you, my elliptical baby.’ And I am like, ‘Elliptical???’ And he’d be like, ‘I didn’t want to say fat, so I looked in the thesaurus.’”

• Love 2
On 7/19/2016 at 7:07 PM, lallalla said:

Did I imagine it or hasn't Buddy and/or Tal, some mouthpiece 'friend' (now I really do think it was Tal) talk about, basically, how she's just getting bigger? I swear in a last episode or two, Tal was just like he can't even.  

I hope she overcomes this, clearly it has a huge grip on her.

I really think she has absolutely no intention of losing any weight. She's on a mission now: to show the world that you can be ____ lbs. and still _______________________.  Fill in your own blanks. 

• Love 3
On 7/27/2016 at 10:49 AM, Ketzel said:

On her Facebook page, Whitney posted a video of her "dancing" in 2011, after she'd lost 90 of the fabled 100 lbs.  I'm not quite certain what the message of the video is supposed to be, other than: "Whitney is obsessed with her own rear end."

She can do some serious damage with that butt.  I'm half in awe (because I can't shake my butt like  that) and half scared.

• Love 2

You know, I don't know why she keeps making that "100 pounds in less than a year" declaration. We've seen lots of people under Dr. Now's care, even before their surgery, lose that much in a matter of months. My own mom had bypass surgery and before the surgery she lost something like 60 pounds in 4 months and she wasn't starving herself at all-just on an extremely healthy diet and getting regular exercise. I understand that's a lot of weight but, at that size, it doesn't take a lot of changes to drop a lot of weight in the beginning. 

Anyhoo. 

Looks like Twit didn't make the DWTS cast for this season, anyway. (I actually knew who all the contestants were, although I am still trying to figure out who Amber Rose is, besides Kanye's ex, and why she is relevant to my television.) 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

You know, I don't know why she keeps making that "100 pounds in less than a year" declaration. We've seen lots of people under Dr. Now's care, even before their surgery, lose that much in a matter of months. My own mom had bypass surgery and before the surgery she lost something like 60 pounds in 4 months and she wasn't starving herself at all-just on an extremely healthy diet and getting regular exercise. I understand that's a lot of weight but, at that size, it doesn't take a lot of changes to drop a lot of weight in the beginning. 

Anyhoo. 

Looks like Twit didn't make the DWTS cast for this season, anyway. (I actually knew who all the contestants were, although I am still trying to figure out who Amber Rose is, besides Kanye's ex, and why she is relevant to my television.) 

Amber Rose is/was a model and has her own talk show on VH1.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

You know, I don't know why she keeps making that "100 pounds in less than a year" declaration.

I believe Whitney did it the wrong way and that's why she's 'traumatized' by the 100 pounds loss. She says she did it in like 10 months, because she didn't want to be 'that person who loses 100 pounds in more than a year'. OK, Whitney. She says she did it by not eating and working out 15 hours a day. And then gained it all back in who knows how long. She says "Well, I already lost 100 pounds, so...", which to me proves despite her PCOS diagnosis, she CAN lose weight. She just needs to do it in a healthy way, but I guess she believes that's not possible.

Edited by DatFatShorty
typo
  • Love 3