Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

This show is turning into a Hardwick geeking out special. They used to ask interesting questions and speculate as to the meaning of things, but now it about Chris making puns and sci-fi references and having fun with props. I appreciate it that they still have some good guests and I like the sneak preview, but I don't pay attention to the quizzes and polls or half of what Chris is babbling about anymore. 

• Love 4
On 2/14/2017 at 4:39 AM, Nashville said:

I would have dearly loved to hear the Atlanta Falcons discussion which apparently went on off-camera during one of the commercial breaks.  

Was Matt Ryan replaced by a walker during the 4th quarter??

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This show is turning into a Hardwick geeking out special. They used to ask interesting questions and speculate as to the meaning of things, but now it about Chris making puns and sci-fi references and having fun with props.

Agreed. I barely watch Talking Dead anymore and it's been both because I find the show itself not interesting enough to talk about anymore, and Talking Dead is a joke. Guests used to be able to critique and speculate and bring up Wtf moments  (like when Dave(?) brought up how there's no zombies anymore, the change in fast s1 zombies vs the rest of the season) and now they address these things as YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POINT (aka the cliffhanger of last season). The show doesn't need anyone kissing it's ass and I get that Hardwick is employed by AMC to essentially promote the show, but I'm not tuning in for an hour long promo for it anymore. 

• Love 5

They really broke me of the habit of watching with all the 90-minute episodes that pushed the start time back by half an hour.  Thirty minutes may not seem like much but with the very early start times for school and work, it adds up and a choice was made.   With a regular show end time and a day off today, I thought I might check in only to find Hardwick yelling something about the Star Wars franchise and his geek cred.  And of course he thought Rick battling the walker from Slipknot was the most amazing thing ever and not mindnumbingly silly at all.  So no, I'm good.

• Love 2

I used it (and this forum) the first half of the season to see if I wanted to watch an episode or not.  Simply could not watch the opening episode of the season with what I consider useless showing of violence but wanted to keep up with what was going on yet be selective on what I actually watched.  Worked great, I know I actually watched less than half of the first episodes and still kept up lol.  Will keep doing it.

Trying to watch this week's episode. So far, I'm irritated that Chris  finds the trash people interesting and thinks that their leader character needs to be explored. Don't we have enough characters already? Also, more annoyingly, he equates Rick picking up the cat statue to someone randomly picking up a soap in Cracker Barrel. Does he not remember the cat from Clear? Fail. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I love all the cheeseball stuff about his show. Drop it like it's rot? You're fired? I'm easy that way. Dwight is also quite a bit more likable on TTD with his sign language shirt and tales of being haunted by Easy Street.

Yeah, I'm also easy. And considering that when Easy Street came on during the show, I legit FLINCHED, I can only imagine how that actor feels about it!

• Love 1

I'm not going to lie, I have this odd attraction to Austin Amelio. I normally do not like skinny guys. But there is something about him. He's like a hot, dirty biker guy. I don't know, I just like him. 

I was hoping for more character insights, though, but oh well. 

• Love 3

I knew they were ripping off Science Bob or one of them.  I guess I found Lil Jon less annoying than I thought I would. And Josh McDermitt continues to rock as always. Whatever you may feel about Euguene, Josh is super cool and funny.

• Love 6

Josh is a really good guest.  Austin Amelio didn't have a lot to say, maybe he's a quiet guy.  The science experiment was fun; I noticed they listed the ingredients except for the last one, probably didn't want to be responsible for someone saying they got the ingredients from TTD.

This is the first one I've watched all the way through in a while (though it was the next day, so I could FF through commercials and the fan tweets and art).

• Love 2

Josh was kind of funny.  I found Lil' John to be much more articulate that I imagined he would be.  I still don't find Talking Dead to be anywhere near as fun to watch as it used to be.  I do, however, find myself staring at Chris Hardwick's mouth a lot during this show.  It's something about his crooked smile and his teeth that I find eerily mesmerizing. *Shrug*

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

Josh was kind of funny.  I found Lil' John to be much more articulate that I imagined he would be.  I still don't find Talking Dead to be anywhere near as fun to watch as it used to be.  I do, however, find myself staring at Chris Hardwick's mouth a lot during this show.  It's something about his crooked smile and his teeth that I find eerily mesmerizing. *Shrug*

Same with me. Producer Denise Huth stops me dead in my tracks when she starts talking.

• Love 1

I haven't finished watching yet, because Feud took precedent over this. But I always love when Yvette is on. She is equally funny and insightful and reminds me why I still love these characters, even though I've tired of the show itself. 

• Love 2
(edited)

How far from golf course to carnival? Caddyshack Saviors cannot see giant ferris wheel in the middle of nowhere? Which idiot on the school board picked that location? Those are the questions I wanted Hardwick to answer...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I haven't finished watching yet, because Feud took precedent over this. But I always love when Yvette is on. She is equally funny and insightful and reminds me why I still love these characters, even though I've tired of the show itself. 

Was Feud good? I didn't know that it was starting last night - they've moved The Americans on me, too. At least that's already set up to record.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Anela said:

Was Feud good? I didn't know that it was starting last night - they've moved The Americans on me, too. At least that's already set up to record.

I liked it! It was a setting-things-up episode for sure, but just the music, costumes, etc. made it really enjoyable. 

• Love 2
On 3/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, Macbeth said:

Michael Rooker is the cherry on top of a great night for the show.  He says whatever he wants.  He gives no fs.

Yaknow, just reading "Michael Rooker" and "cherry" together in the same sentence sent creepy m*********ing cold chills up my spine....

• Love 1

Sorry Nashville.  I was just using a tired, boring metaphor.  No hidden meaning - just a lack of imagination.  I was just very happy to see Rooker and I knew that having the boss on with him would not act as a muzzle.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

Yaknow, just reading "Michael Rooker" and "cherry" together in the same sentence sent creepy m*********ing cold chills up my spine....

So, if I added a dollop of whipped cream to that sentence, you'd run from the room squealing like a little girl?  :-D

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

So, if I added a dollop of whipped cream to that sentence, you'd run from the room squealing like a little girl?  :-D

Wrong connotation of "cherry" - hence the cold chills when associated with Rooker....  ? ?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm too old to remember the other connotation of "cherry" ...  :-)

Same here - but I got daughters, so I got reminded.  Something like Rooker comes brushing up against them, it's shallow grave time.  And I like Rooker.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Same here - but I got daughters, so I got reminded.  Something like Rooker comes brushing up against them, it's shallow grave time.  And I like Rooker.

My deepest sympathies.

I only have a beloved niece, who recently informed me she's living with a tattoo'd guy 17 years her senior who has a 13 inch beard.  They have 2 dogs, so I guess I'm happy for her?  :-)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

My deepest sympathies.

I only have a beloved niece, who recently informed me she's living with a tattoo'd guy 17 years her senior who has a 13 inch beard.  They have 2 dogs, so I guess I'm happy for her?  :-)

If he's out of range - sure!!!  ?

• Love 2