Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Nice To Metria

• Start Topic

Andy Cohen no more Mama Joyce. Those of us with manipulative narcissistic mothers can not watch that shit. Mama Joyce will always be a fucking martyr and evil evil sick bitch. It is not amusing to watch.

And Kandi- she will always talk behind your back, make you out to be that bad one,will ruin every relationship you have and then gleefully tell you she was right you are flawed and terrible. FUCKING ALWAYS. Always drama, cold shoulder if you try to have your own mind or life and will never be pleased or happy.

Watching emotional abuse is not fucking funny. Sick pathology is not entertainment. 

MJ if you see this go fucking scratch.

• Love 22

Apollo and Phaedra were giving me some Pepe le Pew realness.

tumblr_lmp1d1YIKt1qbk6qqo1_400.gif

I'm a scorched earth kinda fighter and if I were Kenya I would be throwing all kinds of shade and shots Phaedra's way. How clever is her read about convict sperm now? I've never seen a broad squirm so hard while trying to put on a pleasant face.

Yeah, she's full of quips for Apollo in her THs with him behind bars not seeing it, but nothing to say to him in person. I'm one who continues to believe there's more to all of this, and Apollo isn't telling ... yet. Did I feel bad for her when her HUZZBIN was all up in her space, hugging and kissing on her? NOPE. No ma'am. Because she is so unrelentingly nasty when she has a hair across her ass about someone, I didn't feel at all bad about Apollo giving her the business. Not even a little bit. Reap what you sow. You knew what he was when you picked him up. To paraphrase Halle: "You and Isaiah, you the same kinda people." 

It's to Kenya's credit she's only low shading PhaeKdra with "Lockdown" comments - nowhere near as nasty as the string of whores that left Ms. Southern Belle's mouth every time Kenya's name came up.

• Love 21

It's "amarism". A new disease that can come and go at will, as witnessed by her dancing just a few minutes after telling Kandi she was tired.

Seriously. That was some controlling Pavlovian shit right there. Kandi like the trained groomed dog she is blinked went blank and backed the fuck off. 

One thing I am enjoying is it is obvious MJ boyfriend gives two shits about her and is using her for her money and is a fucking grifter. Payback is a bitch MJ. You either have to pay or threaten people to be by your sorry ass.

• Love 5

Phaedra has tussled with a number of HWs but Cynthia was never 1 of them and Cynthia's glee at Phaedra's pain/humiliation/discomfort was sickening to see. She has turned into Peter's and Kenya's puppet, parroting their thought/feelings!

Well, Phaedra did coin the phrase "Papa Smurf," referring to Peter and his many children by different women.  She has thrown a bit of shade Cynthia's way.

Yeah, she's full of quips for Apollo in her THs with him behind bars not seeing it, but nothing to say to him in person. I'm one who continues to believe there's more to all of this, and Apollo isn't telling ... yet. Did I feel bad for her when her HUZZBIN was all up in her space, hugging and kissing on her? NOPE. No ma'am. Because she is so unrelentingly nasty when she has a hair across her ass about someone, I didn't feel at all bad about Apollo giving her the business. Not even a little bit. Reap what you sow. You knew what he was when you picked him up. To paraphrase Halle: "You and Isaiah, you the same kinda people."

I think Apollo is keeping quiet about the whole thing because she is setting aside money for him.  He would love to squeal on her, but he doesn't want to move into an affordable housing complex and get a job at McDonalds when he gets out in 8 years.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

WTF is up with Nene and that wig?? That shit is just horrendous beyond words and makes her look like one of them goombas that Mario should be stomping out. Absolutely ridiculous!! Nene is just boring, there's no story for her at all anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. Don't care about her clothing line which seems to be the same as Suzanne Somer's tops that she's selling.

Could that be more producer plot driven with the whole Kenya, Bobb, Demetria thing going on. Just sounded ridiculous with them constantly repeating how long they've been dating and this that and the other. So hopefully that party was a quick resolution of it all because no need to have Kenya dragged into another stupid story of another woman's man. That relationship with Bobb and Demetria is already suspect with on and off and barely anyone knew that they were together.

That party was just beyond lame just sitting there waiting on video to play and when it does play, no sound and then white noise. To tell you guys the truth I have absolutely no idea who Demetria is. Is she a local celebrity in ATL?

There's something off about Cynthia's look this season. IDK if it's the blonde hair or the make up or both because she usually looks on point. This season not so much.

Boy did Phaedra just looked flat out uncomfortable when Apollo arrived. Apollo should know that the club scene is just not the place to talk about your marriage. If Phaedra isn't trying to talk at home when cameras aren't rolling then she needs to just get out of the marriage.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

If Roger Bobb was really into Demetria, "she's my lady" would have been the first thing out of his mouth, not the third and last, after a slight pause. I don't know much about Demetria but she looks decdent -- I'm sure there must be someone else in Atl for her???

Nene seems to be having some fun at her expense, now selling "Bye Wig" T-shirts on her site. I know the phrase is in connection to Kim, but she's referenced the shirt tonight on twitter.

• Love 1

I also think Nene was trying to smooth the waters with her comment about how she needs to have a gay friend or something and now she has one. After her comments about Brandon last season in that fight he had with Apollo.

Good to see Brandon and Apollo hug at the club and how they're past what happened between them last season. If only some of the women on this show could pick up on that and let some things go. I did see how Kenya said hi to Phaedra when she was greeting everyone, but said nothing to Porsha.

I also got a good LOL moment when Kenya in her talking head said how she wasn't going to name any names but said Nene's name in regards to her hair. One reason I love Kenya, her TH's are the best.

• Love 1

Getting?  Riley has been a chunk for quite a while.  Did you see her in Kandi's wedding?  She had on a too short dress with heels she looked like a doddering drunk trying to wear.  I think she has food issues just like Kandi.  It's a shame that with all of her money, Kandi can't hire a nutritionist who can whip up healthy food that tastes good for her family.  It is possible, I see it on the food network every day.  All of this yoyo dieting that Kandi does is very unhealthy also.  You would think she would be more concerned with her daughter's health instead of spoiling her with dual wide screen televisions.

I've only seen Riley on this show, and most of the time she's seated or laying somewhere.

I'm thinking that was a fake office for the HW scenes -- like the real offices couldn't be used, so he whipped up some mock office so Kenya and Demetria can shoot their scenes.  Is she a new HW or a "friend" this season?

I am not unhappy with Cynthia's comment about Phaedra because Phaedra has made many a comment about all the women.  She doesn't hold it in during Talking Heads, so why should the other ladies when it comes to her situation?  And she has been sanctimonious about her marriage and "respect my marriage" etc. so now she's spinning on a dime with her husband -- who at this point is still her husband -- and someone notices and says "your slip is showing" … that's mild.  And frankly, with Bravo editing, Cynthia could have said it about something else and they used it there.  I don't trust them with their editing any more than RogerBobb.

I loved that outfit Claudia was wearing.  I wish I could pull that look off, but yellow is a tough color and she's got a smokin' body.  Tonight on WWHL Phaedra looked very thin in the face and her upper lip looked like it had been surgically altered.  She used to have a deep V middle upper lip, didn't she?  Tonight it was straight across.  I think all of them except Nene and Cynthia are much smaller in person than they appear on screen. And Nene and Cynthia are just much taller than they look.  I think Riley may be going through a chubby phase, but also probably is smaller in person.

I hate Kandi Mother.  (SIC)  I am not happy with the aunt who pushed Kandi into the talk, either.  KM sitting there not saying a word … my blood began to boil.  I wish she'd said to Kandi that "I'll just stay in my old house, I'll be fine" because I'd like to see that.

I would not want to own one thing Nene made because all the fabrics looked super cheap, like the kind of stuff that sells for $1 a yard at regular price.

I had mentioned this in the First Looks thread, but now that the full episode has aired..... MJ is Fred Sanford, to a T. Expecting and demanding that her child give her money, feigning illness and imminent death if she doesn't get the money, immediately bouncing back from illness at a moment's notice....

• Love 5

Well, Phaedra did coin the phrase "Papa Smurf," referring to Peter and his many children by different women. She has thrown a bit of shade Cynthia's way.

And she said Cynthia had "cottage cheese" or something when Cynthia was on the runway modeling a bathing suit. Cynthia looked gorgeous.

• Love 4

I just wanted to point out how Phaedra's makeup has been slaying this season (her hair, too!). I'm sure having to deal with her children's feelings over their father not being around is stressful and depressing, so dolling herself up is a bit of a confidence boost.

Nene needs to get in touch with her makeup artist, stat.

• Love 9

Nene: " I feel like gays are very special people and I have one. Check."

Rubs me all kinds of wrong. "Gays" are not a special toy, you cow.

She was talking about them as if they were unicorns or something.  "Gays" are not for your entertainment.

Judging from how pressed chick was about CB Bobb being in that pic with Kenya, she knows.

Demetria was definitely giving off some bunny-boiler vibes when she was asking Kenya about being a publicity photo with her "man".  

No Executive Assistant or Secretary to greet/announce visitors.

Demetria's magazine cover pic slumped by the wall near the door.

Where was the wall of accolades and degrees?

Cheap showroom furniture and Cabbage Patch dressed like LAHH's Rich Dollaz.  

I just imagined that Demetria gave that picture to Roger Bobb, but implanted surveillance equipment behind the eyes so she can keep tabs on him.

Nene all up in her Talking Heads, giving me "PLEASE SIR CAN I HAVE SOME MORE?" teas.

Bwahahaha!  For the win!

ghZCHUk.jpg

Or get a new one. The five o'clock shadow is not a good look on any woman, especially one wearing a Prince Valiant wig.

Oh hell naw!  Other dude definitely wore it better.  At least he found the right foundation shade to cover his beard properly.  Nene must have pissed off whoever styled her because everything is straight up awful; the hair, the makeup, the clothes, the colors.  Every goddamn thing!!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/episode-708/videos?clip=2835604

A big fat "Bye Felicia" to shit-stirring Kandi. She is going to lose a mature and good man over her bitch of a mom, and she completely deserves it.

Todd said it all in that clip.  More power to him for recognizing the severity of the situation and not allowing Kandi to pretend that nothing is wrong.  He was so right when he said the whole situation between the moms, and the subsequent effect on the family dynamics, is awful, but it is a situation created and perpetuated completely by MJ.

• Love 6

Wow, MJ sure knows how to work Kandi. As soon as an uncomfortable conversation comes up, she pulls the health card. "I have to take aneurysm pills. I could die. Stop stressing me out" - and bam! Kandi's tearing up and shutting down. Conversation closed. Hey, Todd, go ahead and hide that pill bottle! (Yea, I know, I'm going to hell.)

Oh, and what was that crap MJ told her sister/aunt/cousin/whomever about "if it's going to be too much trouble she can keep the house"? Who does she think she's fooling????

Ummmm...Nene's TH hair. Please make it stop. 

"Operation trap-a-dude"? Claudia, you are dead to me. 

Okay, pardon me, I'm about to go into "discrediting mode", but Apollo was creepy as fuck in that club scene. I actually agreed with Andy, when he said on WWHL that Apollo seemed threatening. He KNOWS that Phaedra is not the type to argue in public. She's not going to take the bait. She's going to sit there and bite her tongue and try to diffuse - so he takes advantage of that by whispering his passive aggressive BS in her ear and grabbing onto her like a boa constrictor, when he knows she's not going to raise a fuss. What a freak. 

• Love 10

That wig, that wig, that wig. It's been a long time since a Housewife show has given me a real laugh out loud. Thanks, Nene!

All I could think of when I saw NeNe's wig was that, at least now we know where all of little Giggy's (Lisa VP's dog) hair went....seriously - did she really think that looked good?? 

Demetria seemed to be fishing for compliments on her outfits. 

I hope she has a lot of line and bait, because she's going to be fishing for a long time!!

I've seen some strange get-ups on all the Housewives, but that had to be the weirdest one yet....first, to me, the colors of the top and the skirt didn't go together at all.  And, I love me some sparkle and bling, but that skirt was fugly!!!!  Don't even get me started on the top that was only half done (I wonder how much fashion tape she used??)

• Love 2

Wow, MJ sure knows how to work Kandi. As soon as an uncomfortable conversation comes up, she pulls the health card. "I have to take aneurysm pills. I could die. Stop stressing me out" - and bam! Kandi's tearing up and shutting down. Conversation closed. Hey, Todd, go ahead and hide that pill bottle! (Yea, I know, I'm going to hell.)

Oh, and what was that crap MJ told her sister/aunt/cousin/whomever about "if it's going to be too much trouble she can keep the house"? Who does she think she's fooling????

Ummmm...Nene's TH hair. Please make it stop.

"Operation trap-a-dude"? Claudia, you are dead to me.

Okay, pardon me, I'm about to go into "discrediting mode", but Apollo was creepy as fuck in that club scene. I actually agreed with Andy, when he said on WWHL that Apollo seemed threatening. He KNOWS that Phaedra is not the type to argue in public. She's not going to take the bait. She's going to sit there and bite her tongue and try to diffuse - so he takes advantage of that by whispering his passive aggressive BS in her ear and grabbing onto her like a boa constrictor, when he knows she's not going to raise a fuss. What a freak.

Oh my god! Right. So creepy.

He is so disgusting.

I'm done with Cynthia. I used like her but she has become just like the rest.

Kenya is just so fake. Her laugh drives me crazy, it is so annoying.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

This is my beef with nearly all the Bravo shows.  Almost every one of them has at least one episode in which the reality star brings out her "gay husband" or "my gays" as though they are some cute little accessory.  It makes it even worse when you realize that the person responsible for these shows is gay.  How can he not take offense?  How can he not get it through these dolts that treating people as though they are a novelty act is degrading them.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10

I just wanted to point out how Phaedra's makeup has been slaying this season (her hair, too!). I'm sure having to deal with her children's feelings over their father not being around is stressful and depressing, so dolling herself up is a bit of a confidence boost.

Nene needs to get in touch with her makeup artist, stat.

I don't think it will matter. I mentioned in another thread that Nene must have been put on some kind of 'terror watchlist' for every hairstylist and make-up artist from NYC to LA. She is being clowned for sure.

I agree Phaedra has really never looked better. Make-up toned way down and hair on point.

• Love 4

I didn't really like Cynthia's shade regarding Phaedra and Apollo last night. Yes, Phaedra has said some things but I would think as a married woman Cynthia would know that shading that particular subject would be hurtful. Whether she knew what she was getting into or not, and no matter what the circumstances are, the dissolution of a marriage is really, really hard. Been there, done that. Whenever she finally gets a backbone and leaves her leech, I hope that she's ready for any shade that may come her way during that time.

• Love 5
This is my beef with nearly all the Bravo shows.  Almost every one of them has at least one episode in which the reality star brings out her "gay husband" or "my gays" as though they are some cute little accessory.  It makes it even worse when you realize that the person responsible for these shows are gay.  How can he not take offense?  How can he not get it through these dolts that treating people as though they are a novelty act is degrading them.

I agree with the accessory thing. That's exactly how it comes off. Very degrading. It's like they have a checklist - "Okay, I've got my fabulous Birkin bag, my Rolex watch, Manolos on my feet, and my gay at my side". How about just saying, "This is my friend so and so and he's a very talented designer" and leave it at that? Not stress that it's because he's gay that he's fabulous, that because he's gay you keep him around. 

• Love 12

Andy Cohen no more Mama Joyce. Those of us with manipulative narcissistic mothers can not watch that shit. Mama Joyce will always be a fucking martyr and evil evil sick bitch. It is not amusing to watch.

And Kandi- she will always talk behind your back, make you out to be that bad one,will ruin every relationship you have and then gleefully tell you she was right you are flawed and terrible. FUCKING ALWAYS. Always drama, cold shoulder if you try to have your own mind or life and will never be pleased or happy.

Watching emotional abuse is not fucking funny. Sick pathology is not entertainment. 

{{covers jenny's shoulders with pimp cape}}   G'awn Iceberg!!!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/episode-708/videos?clip=2835604

A big fat "Bye Felicia" to shit-stirring Kandi. She is going to lose a mature and good man over her bitch of a mom, and she completely deserves it. 

Todd looks finer to me everyday and I don't study little dudes, but he keeps talking to her in the most patient and reasonable way possible and this fool don't know no better than to put her ass (and her marriage) on her shoulders by continuing to stick up for an asshole.  

If Roger Bobb was really into Demetria, "she's my lady" would have been the first thing out of his mouth, not the third and last, after a slight pause. I don't know much about Demetria but she looks decdent -- I'm sure there must be someone else in Atl for her???

Nene seems to be having some fun at her expense, now selling "Bye Wig" T-shirts on her site. I know the phrase is in connection to Kim, but she's referenced the shirt tonight on twitter.

Girl.   But why is there more?  Why were we treated to:  she's my lady.... you know how that happens.   Did you just tell another woman (and America) that you sort of fell into your relationship?  By happenstance, not intention?  On and off? For years?   I've asked this of the 'lanna nistas on the boards before, but this answered it for me.  This shortage ya'll dealing with must be something serious.  

Randomly:   Does "sold out" mean they got rid of all 25 pieces? Like what are we talking about?   Does anybody know how many different looks we're going to be exposed to? Because when she said she wants to make stuff that a size 2 could wear just as easily as a size 24, I was like yeah girl that's a boyfriend shirt and some jeggings, you not gone do that but so many different ways.   And I am sorry but if you walked into a conference room at zaldamo's job in a cold shoulder caftan, someone would start handing you their garbage to dispose of. 

Phaedra needs to teach a class in how to cry big juicy fat ass tear drops and not smear na'an one bit of your makeup.   Yesssss bish, you betta give us that face!!  I'm loving her make up too but I can really only do drama eyes or drama lips, both is a lot for 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

Claudia had on my door stopper maze in a circle earrings.  I got mine from the beauty hut, sure hope she didn't pay more than the $0.99 I did.

The weird thing is that even though Apollo was all kinds of creepy in the club, it still didn't read as menacing to me.  Maybe it's my impression that she does not seem the least intimidated by him and never has.   It was sleeping with the enemy ish but between his *discrediting* and trying to act like a big dog, he just was not selling it.  I'm surprised she didn't giggle in his face.   I love how he smooth ignored when she told him this is a conversation to be had at home where you live but you don't come home you change and go out.  

Please pardon how corny it is to quote yourself, I still feel the way I did when I saw this scene in the First Look.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!   Nene Jones.

I heart Todd for not hesitating to say this to his wife.   "so mama got the sick and shut in voice out huh?"  Kandi's a damn simp.   Joyce didn't have not one problem arrgh-grin over the phone but when being called on her shit, it's time to talk about blood pressure and carrying on.  To which Kandi says I just want her to drop it and move on.  I want HER to drop it and move on. I had to say that again because I don't know why I keep being shocked by this chick.  She officially deserves every bit of manipulation Joyce brings her way so I'll be sitting right here with my caramel pop secret.   By the way, how exactly does one prevent the explosion of a blood vessel? 

Next shot is of her smiling and giggling (voice completely back to normal) as she does a double dutch entry rock or the dougie or some non-amarism approved aerobics with the OLG.   Cameraman, I heart you too boo. 

Anybody notice she never did answer Kandi's question about why Benny ripped up her house?

Mighty Peanut my work server won't let me see that.   Dammit.   Um, but was that thing on Nene's head pink? 

Cynthia, please stop attempting to read babe, it's really not who you are.  At all.

Kenya is flawless looking most times, so I could've really done without the bra rolls and other manner of sausage casing in the scene in RogerBobb's (everybody drink!) office. 

I think fat is relative within a family.   All the women in Kandi's family are built like oompa loompas, so relatively speaking, Riley may not be considered fat, yet.   Relatively speaking.

• Love 3

I agree with the accessory thing. That's exactly how it comes off. Very degrading. It's like they have a checklist - "Okay, I've got my fabulous Birkin bag, my Rolex watch, Manolos on my feet, and my gay at my side". How about just saying, "This is my friend so and so and he's a very talented designer" and leave it at that? Not stress that it's because he's gay that he's fabulous, that because he's gay you keep him around.

That "Gotta gay? Check!" is going to come back to haunt her. I also agree with whoever brought up the theory that hairdressers and makeup/clothing people are now out to get her. If she had any sense in her noggin at all, she'd look in the mirror and know she looks a hot mess. Just because someone says "You look stylin', girl!" doesn't mean it's true.

I long for the old Nene with nice, dark or auburn hair, clothes that compliment her figure and a quiet funny sense of humor that isn't trying to be the center of attention.

• Love 3

Phaedra is getting as good as she gets because each housewife has crossed the lines at some point when they're reading people in their talking heads. The constant "Moore Whore" directed towards Kenya, saying Cynthia looks like a pretzel with cottage cheese, etc. So Phaedra always came off fake to me and maybe this thing with Apollo will humble her up a little bit.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

I vacillate between feeling sorry for Kandi and the lifelong emotional abuse from her toxic mother she's obviously endured and being a little disgusted by her unwillingness to DO something about it. She's definitely emotionally/mentally stunted and it's quite sad to watch. Joyce is an awful, awful person. Being a daughter of a narcissistic mother is an actual thing- like a serious psychological issue. And I think Kandi is a very broken woman because of it. Joyce has really done a number on her.

Apollo really was scary. On WWHL, Phaedra mentioned not know which of Apollo's personalities she'd be dealing with on any given day, and it was so evident when in one breath he's talking about how she's still his wife and he loves her, and the next basically threatening divorce and becoming angry that she wasn't wanting to discuss that very personal issue in the middle of a crowded club.

• Love 5
I long for the old Nene with nice, dark or auburn hair, clothes that compliment her figure and a quiet funny sense of humor that isn't trying to be the center of attention.

Yes, I liked it when she cut it short, but kept it that pretty brown with hints of copper. She was much nicer back then too. Does "fame" change you? Or was the real Nene just waiting to come out?

Apollo really was scary. On WWHL, Phaedra mentioned not know which of Apollo's personalities she'd be dealing with on any given day, and it was so evident when in one breath he's talking about how she's still his wife and he loves her...

When he said, "You're still my wife" it did not feel loving to me. It felt more like he was saying he still owned her, in a way. I don't know. It just came across very creepy and controlling. But I do agree with whoever it was that said Phaedra has never seemed phased by Apollo, and I doubt he could ever control her. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors? Either way, something aint right with that dude. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 8

Edited by Nashville Pete
  • Love 7

Mama Joyce isn't the problem, Kandi and her inability to handle a bully is the problem.  If Kandi feels it's best for her to just take whatever abuse her bully dishes out, that's her prerogative.  However, Kandi is demanding everyone else just take whatever abuse her bully dishes out and that's not going to happen.  There are only 2 things a person who doesn't deal with bullies do:

they either fight back

they leave

Kandi needs solo counseling to see that she is pushing people who care for her away because she insists they accept the same abuse she accepts.  She also needs to know she doesn't have to accept the abuse & that doesn't mean she can't have a relationship with her mom.  She also needs to gain the tools to be a wife; her mother couldn't  PRO VIDE her those tools, so she doesn't know how to be a wife.

I'm not going to say that if you're in an 8 year off/on relationship that you'll never get married (even though I said that earlier) but the man has got to be enthused by you.  RogerBobb doesn't seem to be enthused by Demetria.  He couldn't even be bothered to show up to her little video party (after he personally invited at least 2 cast members to the party).  I understand work things come up but he could've taken a break, swung by to push <<PLAY>> and then gone back to work.

Cynthia is shading Phaedra because Phaedra is residing in the spot Cynthia vacated up Nene's ass.  Also, Phaedra shaded Peter for not being clean & how her HUZZBIN was so great when she & Cynthia first came on the show.

The Phaedra/Apollo scene did seem threatening to me and he used the same "Bitch I'm talking to you I will smack you" tone with Phaedra that he used on Kenya at the reunion.

I've heard complaints about how Claudia doesn't have a storyline but if she was originally meant to be a FOH she wouldn't have had too much of one, would she?

Nene needs to give that wig back to Prince Adam.

• Love 3

Man, with the way that Nene used to go in on Wig about Sweetie (calling Sweetie a slave and everything), can you IMAGINE if Wig had said, "I feel like blacks are very special people and I have one. Check."? It would've been like, RIP, Wig. RIP.

• Love 12

Awesome backyard barbeque -- and cards!  More time perusing the menu -- less time watching Joyce screw around with her daughter's head, please!

I guess that Kandi's real fear is that if she summons the will to put her mother firmly in her place, sets boundaries and enforces them, and puts her own family unit first, her relationship with Joyce will be over and the massive dysfunction will have a name.  Since she's been trained to take it and pay for it, I gather this seems like an impossible task.  In her mind, adled as it is on this front, there is only ONE way to be a good daughter.  Anything else would be considered disloyalty and disrespect.  Joyce knew how to groom.

The Nene hair situation is pretty fascinating.  We've gone from her Josephine Baker imitation to what now looks like an attempt at being Louise Brooks in "Pandora's Box."  Her shorter brown bobs were much more flattering. I wonder if she sits around flipping the pages of books about screen goddesses selecting her looks. Because in her mind she's a classic entertainer and screen star.  We may have some Marlene Dietrichs, Jean Harlows, and Marilyns to look forward to.   Nene, let Lena Horne be your guide. Bye, wig. 

The whole video reveal party looked staged for Bravo cameras.  Phaedra will pull every string at her disposal to make certain that Apollo serves the entirety of his term.  That was beyond creepy to watch.

Cynthia -- Either wig or hat.  Hat on top of wig indoors, ouch.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

When he said, "You're still my wife" it did not feel loving to me. It felt more like he was saying he still owned her, in a way. I don't know. It just came across very creepy and controlling. But I do agree with whoever it was that said Phaedra has never seemed phased by Apollo, and I doubt he could ever control her. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors? Either way, something aint right with that dude.

That's where Cynthia lost me. She was so chicken shit to throw shade at Phaedra behind her back later in a talking head. Maybe I've seen too many Forensic Files, but that looked so threatening to me. Friend or enemy, I would have asked Apollo to stop and gotten some backup. To me it looked like he was almost holding her at gunpoint and witnessing that in person I would be terrified she was about to be murdered. Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 9

TaxNerd -- I too would've been really freaked out watching Phaedra and Apollo and the thought that he might try to do her in then and there would definitely have crossed my mind.  Very scary to watch.  (It just came to me how odd it is to part of a couple known as Phaedra and Apollo.)

The more I watch and listen to Cynthia, the less I think of her overall smarts.  She's just not a bright woman. 

• Love 9

Cynthia's shade of Phaedra seemed outright stupid because she spoke simply about being happy to see one's husband when Phaedra has clearly voiced that she and Apollo are in a row right now. Likewise Kenya's taunt about Phaedra trying to present a perfect marriage was also wrong. If Phaedra was trying to do that she would have acknowledged Apollo when he called her name and would have further engaged him. Phaedra didn't want to make a scene but the cold shoulder was constant.

Kenya, you have had several scenes with Claudia. Time to tone down the howling about how good she looks every time you meet. Her overbearing theatrics and running down the room when saying they needed a date made me want to slap her.

• Love 13

That's where Cynthia lost me. She was so chicken shit to throw shade at Phaedra behind her back later in a talking head. Maybe I've seen too many Forensic Files, but that looked so threatening to me. Friend or enemy, I would have asked Apollo to stop and gotten some backup. To me it looked like he was almost holding her at gunpoint and witnessing that in person I would be terrified she was about to be murdered.

Cynthia lost me because she was so happy/gleeful to see their, Phaedra/Apollo, marriage dissolve. Cynthia took pleasure in Phaedra's pain and I found that disgusting. They have all talked smack about each other in their TH segments in response to some question from a hidden producer but to act so happy that someone else is in such pain shows me who Cynthia has become under Peters direction. Peter and Cynthia have more concern/sympathy for the Felon than they do his wife/kids who are having to deal with the consequences of his actions and resulting sentence.

• Love 14

During the awkward scene with Phaedra and Apollo, Kandi chimes in with "Aww, look they made up". I don't know if she was trying to break the tension between Phaedra/Apollo/everyone or if her dealing with a lifetime of dysfunction with Joyce made her see that as normal.

Aunt Nora's barbecue had me craving red velvet cake.

• Love 3