Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Nice To Metria

• Start Topic

Phaedra loves seeing Kenya in pain...I have no sympathy.

Guess you didn't remember Phaedra was the only one who came to Kenya's aid when Walter turned down Kenya's quest for marriage. Phaedra can't stand her but there was never a time she took pleasure in Kenya's pain.

• Love 8

Well, I'll disagree on never, AgingGoth. She took a lot of pleasure in making fun of Kenya for wanting a baby, or trying artificial insemination.

Right after a Kenya made a point in making it look like Phaedra's husband was lusting after her. Kenya took a crapload of pleasure hurting Phaedra... Every chance she gets. And apparently even found pleasure in what happened last night. That will NEVER be funny.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 10

It's "amarism". A new disease that can come and go at will, as witnessed by her dancing just a few minutes after telling Kandi she was tired.

She takes the cake! It sure was creepy hearing her referring to an aneurysm when that is what Sandra died from. And she is "helping" Kandi just how? Give me a break! I imagine everyone who has a rejected house to sell would feel blessed to have broken fixtures strewn around and absolutely nothing in any semblance of good repair. Go away, Joyce! Neither you nor your boyfriend have done anything even remotely helpful for Kandi.

Buncha leeches.

• Love 6

AgingGoth, based on Apollo wondering out loud to Peter if Kenya might come visit him in prison, I'd say Kenya was probably not too far off the bat with saying he was lusting after her. I truly believe he was, and that should have been a wakeup call to his wife.... who refused to see the truth. I was glad to see Kenya and Phaedra greet/air kiss each other. I hope they can get beyond the past.

• Love 10

Phaedra loves seeing Kenya in pain...I have no sympathy.

Yes, Phaedra did with Kenya and if Kenya gets pleasure in Phaedra's pain then so be it but not Cynthia. Cynthia and Phaedra have not had any nasty fights and both have been equal in their TH smack talk and I do not remember Phaedra taking any pleasure in of Cynthia's pain, like Cynthia did to Phaedra last night.

I usually don't get all exercised over the wigs and makeup, and often I like things others don't, for instance, I never found Kim's wigs to be ugly. Now here is NeNe with these mop heads that do absolutely nothing for her, which get worse every week, and I can't believe it. Kandi's hair and makeup has been all over the board lately, one day cute and the next atrocious, and Cynthia's recent choices in clownish makeup and hair really have me going. That flathead look does no one any favors. I can't believe anyone who used to have a modicum of fashion sense has allowed the fringe element to make her look like Bozo on relief.

On to actually important things, it really was creepy to see Apollo hanging all over Phaedra, although, if her past behavior is any indication, I really don't believe she was giving him the time of day at "home." However, he certainly gets creepier by the moment and looks like he's one inconvenience away from a total meltdown. I didn't realize he's been in prison since September. I do think it's good that Phaedra allows the children to talk to him. Bad or good, there's no evidence he's been abusive in any way towards them, and hopefully having contact with him will help and not hinder their development.

Count me among those who are disgusted with Cynthia's shade throwing at Phaedra during that tense scene. She seems so totally into the "Hey, I'm significant and I have a voice" stuff this season that she's lost all sense of balance.

Phaedra has said several times so far this season and Apollo has also told Peter that he is rarely home and when he is they do not talk to each other and he does not interact with their sons. I don't think Phaedra was stopping him from spending time with the kids, according to what he told Peter, he chose to stay away from their children, his choice, not theirs.

• Love 7

Well, I'll disagree on never, AgingGoth. She took a lot of pleasure in making fun of Kenya for wanting a baby, or trying artificial insemination.

I made fun of Kenya too about the artificial insemination because it looked plain to me that Kenya wasn't serious about it one bit.  She even made jokes about it herself.  If she was really serious about having a baby she would have one by now.  She just wanted a storyline and made that one up just like she made up her relationship with Walter.  Now if Phaedra was to make fun of Kenya's (non)relationship with her mother or her dog dying last year, I would cry foul about Phaedra just as I did about Kenya cracking on Apollo's treatment of Phaedra this past episode.  Way too serious to make fun of.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

Exactly and she sure took a lot of pleasure calling her a whore. 

I don't like Phaedra, never have. I find her to be a poser and a liar, who acts as if she is above it all. 

• Love 7

AgingGoth, based on Apollo wondering out loud to Peter if Kenya might come visit him in prison, I'd say Kenya was probably not too far off the bat with saying he was lusting after her. I truly believe he was, and that should have been a wakeup call to his wife.... who refused to see the truth. I was glad to see Kenya and Phaedra greet/air kiss each other. I hope they can get beyond the past.

Just because Kenya was right about Apollo lusting after her does not give her a pass to revel in it or throw it in the wife's face. Kenya so enjoyed the attention until the backlash from fans and the now she's the victim on apollo's lies. She should have shut him down the moment she realized his attraction to her but she didn't. It was more fun belittling Phaedra's body (when Phaedra was pregnant) and of course the attention. It was a wake up call and the marriage was about over. Kenya helped speed it up.

At last check they did agree to be civil and they were at first but the low blow here is finding anything funny when witnessing potential abusive behavior. No matter if you called each other names, no one should ever be happy when they see this.

• Love 12

Kenya wants women to think she wants their men . So she can then act floored by the accusation,

Please give me a break Kenya.

Apollo is a scary man!

But in 7 years, just think of how amazing his abs will be!

• Love 1

I saw the Apollo holding Phaedra scene two ways, and I don't know which one I think is true.  Either way, he was being hostile and creepy.  But Phaedra is no shrinking violet -- I think she was perfectly capable of telling him to back the fuck off if she wanted to.  She may have thought it served her better in the long run to let him play it out in a manner which made him look awful and her look like a victim.  Visual evidence of mental cruelty for the divorce proceedings.  He's too stupid to even see that.

Another possibility is that she really is involved and he's dangling turning on her over her head.  Which means she could still employ the "make him look bad by saying nothing and looking sad" defense, which he's too thick to comprehend, but which won't set off possible on-air allegations on his part.

Lest anybody think I'm blaming the victim, I don't see Phaedra as one.  We've seen her (well, heard her, mostly) go toe to toe with him before.  She was willing to be snide to him on camera to the point that even Apollo picked up on it, so I don't think she fears physical retaliation.  Other kinds of retaliation?  Who knows.  

• Love 7

I saw the Apollo holding Phaedra scene two ways, and I don't know which one I think is true.  Either way, he was being hostile and creepy.  But Phaedra is no shrinking violet -- I think she was perfectly capable of telling him to back the fuck off if she wanted to.  She may have thought it served her better in the long run to let him play it out in a manner which made him look awful and her look like a victim.  Visual evidence of mental cruelty for the divorce proceedings.  He's too stupid to even see that.

Another possibility is that she really is involved and he's dangling turning on her over her head.  Which means she could still employ the "make him look bad by saying nothing and looking sad" defense, which he's too thick to comprehend, but which won't set off possible on-air allegations on his part.

Lest anybody think I'm blaming the victim, I don't see Phaedra as one.  We've seen her (well, heard her, mostly) go toe to toe with him before.  She was willing to be snide to him on camera to the point that even Apollo picked up on it, so I don't think she fears physical retaliation.  Other kinds of retaliation?  Who knows.  

We have seen snippets of them sniping at each other but have never seen them fight on camera. In fact, I believe Phaedra has done everything she can to avoid fighting with him on camera since they joined the cast/show. It is part of the persona that she put on for the show, the "Southern Bell" routine, someone that never shows personal/family turmoil at home in the public. I am not from the south but was taught to never fight with my husband in public, to keep that at home behind closed doors....private! I have no doubt that she had words with Apollo concerning his "interest" in Kenya well before we heard her say anything to him in Mexico on camera.

I can see Apollo trying to intimidate Phaedra behind closed doors, their sons body language toward their dad/Apollo speaks of him being physically aggressive towards her or towards someone in their home this season. I don't think he has hit her but I do think he has threatened to do so and has physically backed her up and Ayden witnessed it on more than 1 occasion. I really do believe that if Phaedra was involved with this crime spree he is now in prison for, he would have handed her over in a heart beat to reduce his own sentence. He knows that Phaedra's mom/dad would be there for his kids and would never allow what happened to him as a kid happen to them, they would do right by those beautiful boys. I also don't see Apollo as that involved with his sons to the point of making a big sacrifice to fall on the family sword in trying to save/protect their mom, if she were as guilty as he is.

I don't think Phaedra was involved but I do think she suspected he was up to no good again but turned a blind eye towards him to try and save face on the show.

• Love 7

http://www.bravotv.c...os?clip=2835604

A big fat "Bye Felicia" to shit-stirring Kandi. She is going to lose a mature and good man over her bitch of a mom, and she completely deserves it.

Kandi's never going to realize that her mother is the albatross around her neck and her marriage. Todd's going to get fed up, probably even more so since Sharon's passing, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kandi has her a-ha moment when she comes home to an empty house. But she won't, she'll just run to Joyce crying about how she (Joyce) was right all along about Todd.

I have to say, though, what bothered me the most in that clip were those pink plastic chairs. What kind of professional office has plastic damn chairs?!

I found the Apollo/Phaedra scene uncomfortable as hell, too. It reminded me of the end of What's Love Got To Do With It when Ike surprised Tina in her dressing room.  If Apollo put a gun on the table, he would've completed the scene.

• Love 6

I have to say, though, what bothered me the most in that clip were those pink plastic chairs. What kind of professional office has plastic damn chairs?!

One who has Hello Kitty/Dora the Explorer for a mother.

:)

I am thinking about Todd right now, his first Christmas without his mother, and her death so soon. His life has changed in ways that Kandi may not understand. I know from experience that when an adult loses a parent suddenly, they will become selfish with their emotions. And that's natural. But if you're not ready for it, it can cause problems in a relationship.

• Love 4

As someone mentioned up thread, I hated the way the family was like "well you have to make up with your mama..."  Do you think if a spouse or friend treated Kandi the way MJ treats her, that her family would want her to continue that relationship?

Remember,  MJ started cursing Kandi out as soon as she saw her because Kandi dared complain about what MJ's boyfriend had done to her house.  I think the family is afraid if Kandi cuts off her mother then the rest of the family would get cut off as well and no longer have access to Kandi's money.  Even though Kandi is frugal with her money, she seem quiet generous when it comes to her family.  I do not think anyone has her best interest at heart.

Who the hell is Roger Bob and why does he have two first names?

I did not realize that cutting two holes in a tent was the next designer trend.  Also, that "Cold Shoulder" top was doing horrible things to her body.  She looked shapeless, when she was sitting down, and it made the models look weird and shapeless as well.

That video party was one of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life.  Demetria is not a bad looking girl, but her outfit was painful (perhaps Nene's designer made it).  Honey, if you had of just sent everyone an email link of your video on you tube it would have been a much better promotion (not to mention the thing would have probably worked). 

Didn't Chris Rock say something to the effect if a man has been dating you for more than six months and you have not met any of his friends or family...then you are NOT his girlfriend?

JMO but I think MJ is the resident pain in the ass in the family and everyone walks on eggshells around her.  No one wants to upset her or see her upset because they are afraid of how she'll react.  When she acts badly they make excuses for her behavior.  They believe her lame-ass stories and don't challenge her.  She calls the tune and they dance - or else.   Of course they have also benefitted from Kandi's success as well so they don't want that gravy train to end.  I think MJ does this to everyone and she's like the hot potato.  She has a such a chip on her shoulder and has probably been like this since she could flap her crapper.  She's disgusting.

Yup....I'm with you and I've been thinking this since the season began.  Even when Cynthia was having her fibroid issue, I don't recall her looking like she does now.  (Also, don't recall her "booty" looking like it does now, either....)

I agree.  She's also worn a few outfits that have accentuated her areas of weight gain.  No matter to me, she is still stunning, even with the crazy blue eyeshadow.  Her new found 'voice' isn't very attractive either.  Wish she would use it to check her idiot husband first before throwing shade on her peers.

Phaedra gets just as nasty as everyone else. Just because she does it with a smile and flitters those Janice eyelashes does not mean that she's nicer. I still remember when she was confronted by Cynthia regarding her own statement of she didn't give a 'f' if Cynthia came to a party and then lied about saying it while claiming that she was bit on the butt.

Frankly, Phaedra deserves most of what she gets from the women.

I agree.  Seems like it took a few seasons for Cynthia and her bitch Peter to react to some of Phaedra's shade and this season they are paying her back big time.  It's a bad look for them, especially since Peter seems to be the town crier when it comes to man gossip.  He seems to be the common denominator in bringing Apollo to events this year.

I'm not a Phaedra fan by any means - I've never bought the Southern Belle act and she has has proven to be as shady as the next HW but having said that, she didn't deserve to be set up the way she was last night.  JMO.

• Love 3

Cynthia and her canned lame lines are pathetic. Just because she is a spineless loser that eats up any shit Peter throws her way, doesn't mean that Pheadra needs to lovingly embrace her husband no matter what he does. What the hell does that have to do with being a southern belle (which is obviously a schtick anyways)? Plus both Cynthia and Kenya are acting like Pheadra is saying her marriage is perfect. From what I am seeing, it is the opposite. Pheadra is saying over and over that Apollo sucks and she's not pretending otherwise. Just because she isn't talking to Cynthia and Kenya about it (and why would she), doesn't mean that she is being fake. Cynthia just needs to go. She adds nothing and she is not a good actress.

• Love 12

Riley:  Being young and the weight, not going to go there.  BUT what was going on with the earphones?  I get that kids need to be plugged in at all times but no way no how my kid shows up at any event that involves that much awesome work and food with headphones on the entire time.  No way.  You just take this shit off for real if you're going to partake on that much foodage.  And I don't mean putting those rabbit ears up off your head.  I mean you keep that stuff in the car or at home!

The auntie's battle cry to say an amen before they ate was so funny. Truth is, I don't care about these witches and their problems anymore.  I'm in it for whatever shots of real Georgia life I can get. I'd rather hand out with the Kandi-Aunts than anyone else at this point. 

And just to give Claudia a shout out.  Because I'm old and lame -- I thought she made an amazing entrance with her black short shorts and yellow flowing thingie.  Totally rescued another lame scene.   She's gorgeous. 

I'm with you on Riley and I want to believe that she is just in a very awkward stage physically.  I also believe that she is the pawn in the sick relationship between her mother and MJ and knows how to play both of them.  Maybe the headphones was her way to shut herself off from both of them, rather than basic lack of manners and respect.  I want to believe that.  Slap me now.

The aunts are entertaining but to me they are enablers of their sisters behavior and I just can't get past that.

I like Claudia too. 

Edited by Aunt Kiki
  • Love 2

One who has Hello Kitty/Dora the Explorer for a mother.

:)

I am thinking about Todd right now, his first Christmas without his mother, and her death so soon. His life has changed in ways that Kandi may not understand. I know from experience that when an adult loses a parent suddenly, they will become selfish with their emotions. And that's natural. But if you're not ready for it, it can cause problems in a relationship.

So am I, Cooksdelight.  It has to be very difficult for Todd and Kaela losing her, but add in all of the bullshit both of them endured from Kandi's side of the family....he has to be overwhelmed.  To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Todd tells Kandi to keep MJ away from him - or he tells MJ himself.  If he does, I'm sure I won't be alone cheering in the cheap seats.

• Love 6

The aunts are entertaining but to me they are enablers of their sisters behavior and I just can't get past that.

I agree.  I also think that Joyce is their go between to get to Kandi.  It's probably a lot easier to suggest to Joyce that they need financial help and let her put it in Kandi's ear than it is to go to Kandi directly.  That's probably why they don't want to piss Joyce off and want her and Kandi to be on speaking terms at all times.  That's just my take on it all.

• Love 13

I'll buy the popcorn.

Extra butter, please!

I agree.  I also think that Joyce is their go between to get to Kandi.  It's probably a lot easier to suggest to Joyce that they need financial help and let her put it in Kandi's ear than it is to go to Kandi directly.  That's probably why they don't want to piss Joyce off and want her and Kandi to be on speaking terms at all times.  That's just my take on it all.

Yes!  And I would bet that Joyce is riding that power pony for all it's worth.  What a nasty piece of work.

• Love 5

Phaedra doesn't deserve that shade, not to the extent to see her visibly cornered by her husband in a public space, crawling out of her skin and doing nothing/misreading *facepalm at Kandi*/enjoying her discomfort. That was so creepy I needed a shower. 

What's the next step ? Because she's a bitch and he has something on her (her knowledge of his "ventures" or other shit) they let him rape her "give me some sugar honey if you don't want me to make your life harder" ? Or hit her ? Of course not, of course nobody would laugh about that and let it happen so let's not engage on this slippery slope (you know how it starts, you never know how it could end) and accept one bit of the apathy we witnessed from the crowd present during the scene and the mockery that ensuided during the TH as normal.

He can take all her money and blackmail her to the soup kitchen for all I care, she's a crook in my mind, but he does not get to touch her if she doesn't want him to. That's all. He took advantage of the context, her willingness to never make a public scene to clame her body, to own it letting her know she can do nothing. The Lockdown comment, as funny as it was (and it was), was a insult to the empowered women Kenya clame to be a part of. She and Cynthia made those talking head after witnessing that. Shame on them especially Kenya who is intelligent and can read a situation. I give a pass to Cynthia because she's thick and I can't help stupid.

As other posters stated in this topic and I thank them, even if I despise her, I would have gone to her and ask her for something, anything to keep her out of his grip. Throw a glass of wine on her to force them to separate. Oups, I'm clumsy like that. Something. And I'd make sure to let her know that even if she's my enemy on the show (I can believe I'm writing "enemy" regarding grown women but here you go) I am here. She would have laugh it off or probably say that I should mind my own business but at least, I would have done something. Man or woman, if you don't want to be touched, you don't have to be.

I'm sorry if I sound agressive or if anybody feels I'm overreacting and being dramatic (to be fair I probably am), I try to stay calm on this topic and really waited and wondered if I should post but this 30 seconds scene really upsets me because I have seen too many men take advantage of their power, a boss of his employee, a husband of his wife, and the overwhelming silence from the witnesses to accept that as "she deserved the shade". She may well be deserving rumors about her innocence, being mocked about her marriage, her choices for a husband, karma for her comments etc... but not to be the butt of a joke when she's the victim of an abuse even a small one, if there is such a thing as a small abuse. And, in my opinion, during that scene, she was one.

• Love 15

Riley: Being young and the weight, not going to go there. BUT what was going on with the earphones? I get that kids need to be plugged in at all times but no way no how my kid shows up at any event that involves that much awesome work and food with headphones on the entire time. No way. You just take this shit off for real if you're going to partake on that much foodage. And I don't mean putting those rabbit ears up off your head. I mean you keep that stuff in the car or at home!

Yep! I thought it was just straight up rude. In our society today, people often move through the world with inactive ear buds in---it's a way of saying "don't talk to me." For her to attend a family event like that & for Kandi to allow it?! No, no....just no. It's one thing for Kandi to over-indulge the girl with material things; it's another to teach her it's ok to be rude to other people.

The auntie's battle cry to say an amen before they ate was so funny.

Omg! I thought it was just me! That raspy voiced call to prayer was killing me softly....Actually, an unpleasant speaking voice is rather a family trait for Kandi & her elders---just a lot of squeaking & tones that are unpleasant to my ear. I always found it incongruous that Kandi has such a beautiful singing voice.

Edited to add: Hmm....how do I get those nice quote bubbles everyone else has?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

This is who Aunt Nora's voice reminds me of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cII0sq4LEpg

NowVoyager, if your window doesn't show little quote marks above the text box, you put a bracket [ quote ] then the text you want to quote, ending with [ /quote ]

without the spaces after and before the brackets. I am on an iPad and the quote marks appear at the bottom of someone else's text. I click on that and a little window pops up, I click "Go" and it puts it all in the text box for me.

• Love 1

What the entire fugg was Kenya wearing in her photo shoot?? That Poorly-tailored Gold lame' jumpsuit...i just cant. And if you have boobs that fold over, deep V-cuts are NOT your friend (speaking as an H cup girl)!

Oh, that outfit was HORRIBLE, in a cheap skanky way! I cannot imagine a legitimate agent seeing that and thinking "yeah, she's the one!".
  • Love 2

Pollock, I have to thank you for your post. No matter how much we don't like a person, we as civilized humans should never be happy to see anyone in an abusive situation. That is NOT finding your voice nor is it karma for someone bad mouthing you. You can be enemies but as women, we should never allow abuse to happen.

If you see do SOMETHING. Don't just sit and watch.

• Love 8

Andy Cohen no more Mama Joyce. Those of us with manipulative narcissistic mothers can not watch that shit. Mama Joyce will always be a fucking martyr and evil evil sick bitch. It is not amusing to watch.

And Kandi- she will always talk behind your back, make you out to be that bad one,will ruin every relationship you have and then gleefully tell you she was right you are flawed and terrible. FUCKING ALWAYS. Always drama, cold shoulder if you try to have your own mind or life and will never be pleased or happy.

Watching emotional abuse is not fucking funny. Sick pathology is not entertainment.

MJ if you see this go fucking scratch.

I have lived with this my entire life. Joyce behaves EXACTLY like my mother, down to the health "crises", especially toward my sister. We keep her in check, however - she would ruin our lives otherwise. She is either borderline, narcissistic, or bipolar, or even all three. Joyce pushes so many buttons for me I want to reach through the tv and give Kandi a Moonstruck Snap Out of It bitchslap and tell her to put a healthy distance between them.

My mother even looks like Joyce, except she's white.

ETA: I finally figured this quote thingy.

Edited by Nashville Pete
  • Love 4

Plus both Cynthia and Kenya are acting like Pheadra is saying her marriage is perfect.

Well, that's because she did.  My man is clean (unlike yours, Cynthia), I have a HUZZbin (unlike you, Kenya).  I don't believe there's ever been any love lost between Cynthia and Phaedra.  Only someone who lowkey dislikes somebody goes around telling people "I'on't give a f*ck if Cynthia show up at my party or not."  That's pretty aggressive, I think.  I think there's always been some type of tension between Phaedra & Cynthia but it was always icy & polite so it may not have made for good television.

JMO but I think MJ is the resident pain in the ass in the family and everyone walks on eggshells around her.

Does anyone know, who is the oldest of Joyce and her sisters? Where do they all fall in line?

Joyce is the youngest, I think was mentioned on a previous show.  The aunts have known Joyce a lot longer than they've known Kandi and they know probably the best way to deal with Joyce is to say "yeah, yeah, whatever you say" than to risk a big blowup.

The Lockdown comment, as funny as it was (and it was), was a insult to the empowered women Kenya clame to be a part of. She and Cynthia made those talking head after witnessing that. Shame on them especially Kenya who is intelligent and can read a situation.

Apollo was not going to do anything to Phaedra in the middle of a packed club and there were plenty of people there to shut it down if he had tried it. 

If Apollo had done the same thing to Kenya in the club that he did to Phaedra*, nobody would've been coming to Kenya's defense and in fact would've suggested she deserved it.

When Christopher Williams snatched up Kenya's arm during Pillow Talk, the only person that came to Kenya's physical defense was Brandon.  Everyone else said it was her fault Christopher Williams snatched her arm.

The most Kenya or Cynthia could've done was call for security. (and then both of them would've been accused of getting in Phaedra's business).  But heck, Phaedra's pals were sitting right there and didn't do anything; why should Kenya or Cynthia?

BUT what was going on with the earphones? I get that kids need to be plugged in at all times but no way no how my kid shows up at any event that involves that much awesome work and food with headphones on the entire time.

Riley probably had on the headphones to block the bullsh-t coming from Joyce, Kandi, Todd & the aunts.

*Apollo talked to Kenya in the same threatening tone at the reunion that he had with Phaedra in the club, and nobody was concerned about Kenya's welfare.

• Love 13

I saw the Apollo holding Phaedra scene two ways, and I don't know which one I think is true.  Either way, he was being hostile and creepy.  But Phaedra is no shrinking violet -- I think she was perfectly capable of telling him to back the fuck off if she wanted to.  She may have thought it served her better in the long run to let him play it out in a manner which made him look awful and her look like a victim.  Visual evidence of mental cruelty for the divorce proceedings.  He's too stupid to even see that.

Another possibility is that she really is involved and he's dangling turning on her over her head.  Which means she could still employ the "make him look bad by saying nothing and looking sad" defense, which he's too thick to comprehend, but which won't set off possible on-air allegations on his part.

Lest anybody think I'm blaming the victim, I don't see Phaedra as one.  We've seen her (well, heard her, mostly) go toe to toe with him before.  She was willing to be snide to him on camera to the point that even Apollo picked up on it, so I don't think she fears physical retaliation.  Other kinds of retaliation?  Who knows.

I wasn't sure how to take that scene of Apollo holding Phaedra either.   It was clearly uncomfortable, cringe-worthy for sure. Part of me felt that Phaedra did not want to make a scene in front of the cameras (who knows how he would have reacted if she had refused his embrace, because he's clearly a loose cannon at this point).

But since I have always though that Mortician Phaedra was involved in this up to her Southern Bell eyeballs, it may be that he is holding that over her.

I've said this before - I always wondered why she wanted to become a mortician, until Apollo was arrested for identity theft.  Then it clicked. Surely  morticians have access to all sorts of information about the deceased.  I think she's also smart enough (wily enough) to  cover her tracks.

• Love 3

Riley probably had on the headphones to block the bullsh-t coming from Joyce, Kandi, Todd & the aunts.

LOL!!!!

I still found the headphone thing extremely rude....I didn't mind it when we saw them walking into the party/backyard, but when Riley was shown in additional scenes DURING the party and she was still wearing them, I was like "WTF??"  She came across as a petulant, spoiled little girl, showing off her high-end Dr. Dre pink headphones for her relatives....if she was my daughter, those headphones would have been ripped off her head and donated to someone less fortunate!!!  

Ok I maybe over thinking this but instead of buying Joyce a new house why didn't Kandi just transfer the deed into her name? The reasoning makes no sense.

Wasn't the reason for buying the new house that Mama Joyce didn't like the old one because it was too small and/or too far from Kandi's new home?  If she was my mother, and she wanted me to buy her a house, the only option would be that I would buy her a house, but it would be in Siberia, or as far away as possible!!!! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Well, that's because she did. My man is clean (unlike yours, Cynthia), I have a HUZZbin (unlike you, Kenya). I don't believe there's ever been any love lost between Cynthia and Phaedra. Only someone who lowkey dislikes somebody goes around telling people "I'on't give a f*ck if Cynthia show up at my party or not." That's pretty aggressive, I think.

I meant this year. Just because Pheadra once thought her marriage was great, doesn't mean she always has to. Pheadra has not said her marriage is great this year. All of the women know she didn't even go to court with Apollo. Cynthia and Kenya acting otherwise is total horse shit.
  • Love 7

I think Kenya deserved everything she got from Phaedra. She started it with the business deal. She was pissed they didn't want to make her a partner in their video enterprise. Before that Phaedra was cool to her.

• Love 7

Phaedra was at the reunion this year spouting about how she had a HUZZbin while all Kenya would ever have is some scrambled eggs and not knowing who her donor in a cup would be.  I want to say the "I'on't give a f*ck about Cynthia" comment was in the previous season as well.

It's not like Phaedra/Cynthia and Phaedra/Kenya conflict was so long ago; these flare ups have been happening in the past year.

I didn't see Riley wearing beats by Dre headphones as her showing off.  Some of the other kids in her family probably have beats by Dre headphones too (and probably had them at the cookout).  I see kids everyday in all parts of town wearing beats by Dre headphones.

I really don't think Riley was wearing them to be rude.  I think she was wearing them to block out the family bullsh*t.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't grooving while Aunts Nora and Bertha were trying to talk to her.  At any rate, Kandi should've told her to take them off if it was going to be a problem.

• Love 2
Darn right she is delusional about relationships. So delusional that she doesn't seem to realize her constant dismissiveness and disrespect of her husband is going to send him running for the hills.

You could really see in Todd's eyes in that preview that he is so done with dealing with Joyce and with Kandi's NOT dealing with her. The suggestion that they spend every holiday separately is a big red flag. Unfortunately, Kandi is so indoctrinated into her mother's co-dependent mantra that I fear she will never see things as they are. Many people are saying she is getting what she deserves. The only problem is that she has never learned anything different. If she doesn't get some counseling, she will never get her head on straight and realize what a blood sucker Joyce is, and she will never have the skills she needs to learn to place boundaries where they belong. I feel sorry for her, and I'm afraid her marriage will soon be a casualty. There is something about people like Todd who seem to have infinite patience - once you finally manage to cross the line and exhaust it, they are done with you, and they don't come back.

Sandra's death may temporarily ease that particular issue, but I really felt what Todd was saying was that he doesn't want to spend ANY holidays with Kandi's mom.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5

I didn't see Riley wearing beats by Dre headphones as her showing off.  Some of the other kids in her family probably have beats by Dre headphones too (and probably had them at the cookout).  I see kids everyday in all parts of town wearing beats by Dre headphones.

Yeah, I see kids with Beats all the time.

Even my 4 year old has some. Pretty common.

Phaedra was at the reunion this year spouting about how she had a HUZZbin while all Kenya would ever have is some scrambled eggs and not knowing who her donor in a cup would be.  I want to say the "I'on't give a f*ck about Cynthia" comment was in the previous season as well.

It's not like Phaedra/Cynthia and Phaedra/Kenya conflict was so long ago; these flare ups have been happening in the past year.

I really don't think Riley was wearing them to be rude.  I think she was wearing them to block out the family bullsh*t.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't grooving while Aunts Nora and Bertha were trying to talk to her.  At any rate, Kandi should've told her to take them off if it was going to be a problem.

The snipping between Phaedra and Cynthia went both ways, it was not just 1 sided. Phaedra did not revel in Peters business failures nor in their, Cynthia/Peters, many marital problems that they have had on camera. That is why Cynthia crossed the line for me, she was happy to see Phaedra in pain and that is wrong on so many levels.

As for Phaedra's comment about Kenya and IVF, she knew it was just another storyline Kenya was making up for the show, it was not and is not real, just like the Walter story......FAKE!

Yeah, I see kids with Beats all the time.

Even my 4 year old has some. Pretty common.

Yes, they are common now days but it was still rude behavior. At least take them off until after you greet your family members then put them back on. If Riley doesn't know better, then Kandi should have told her.

• Love 3

You could really see in Todd's eyes in that preview that he is so done with dealing with Joyce and with Kandi's NOT dealing with her. The suggestion that they spend every holiday separately is a big red flag. Unfortunately, Kandi is so indoctrinated into her mother's co-dependent mantra that I fear she will never see things as they are. Many people are saying she is getting what she deserves. The only problem is that she has never learned anything different. If she doesn't get some counseling, she will never get her head on straight and realize what a blood sucker Joyce is, and she will never have the skills she needs to learn to place boundaries where they belong. I feel sorry for her, and I'm afraid her marriage will soon be a casualty. There is something about people like Todd who seem to have infinite patience - once you finally manage to cross the line and exhaust it, they are done with you, and they don't come back.

Sandra's death may temporarily ease that particular issue, but I really felt what Todd was saying was that he doesn't want to spend ANY holidays with Kandi's mom.

ITA about Kandi but I would say that the decision not to do anything about it is intentional rather than circumstantial.   I know way too many people who have/had this exact sort of toxicity and manipulation in their maternal relationships and honestly, there's no way NOT to see it unless, as a coping mechanism, you flat out decide that you don't want to.   Which explains why she hasn't sought counseling, from Kandi's perspective she's decided this isn't a problem for her, it's everybody else's issue.

girl I kept saying who's Sandra? lol.  Todd's mom's name was Sharon.

• Love 2

The snipping between Phaedra and Cynthia went both ways, it was not just 1 sided. Phaedra did not revel in Peters business failures nor in their, Cynthia/Peters, many marital problems that they have had on camera. That is why Cynthia crossed the line for me, she was happy to see Phaedra in pain and that is wrong on so many levels.

As for Phaedra's comment about Kenya and IVF, she knew it was just another storyline Kenya was making up for the show, it was not and is not real, just like the Walter story......FAKE!

Yes, they are common now days but it was still rude behavior. At least take them off until after you greet your family members then put them back on. If Riley doesn't know better, then Kandi should have told her.

Absolutely agree. It is rude. Kandi's daughter does seem spoiled and rude. I hated the way she acted toward Todd's daughter.

Hope she grows out of that.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
Carrie? as in SaTC? Sorry I ff Kenya for the most part.

LOL, I forgot about that scene, and when this Carrie bit was brought up, all I could think of was Carrie from the horror movie. I still can't quite figure out her comparison between herself and these other people she brought up. Whatever. If in doubt about your identity, name drop, even if they are fictional characters.

WhoaWhoKnew, on 22 Dec 2014 - 2:41 PM, said:

For some reason when I read that post I had forgotten all about SATC and thought I'd missed Kenya refer to herself as THE Carrie as in '70s bullied teen, pig's blood drenched, kill everyone at prom Carrie.

Kenya saying that wouldn't seem that bizarre to me.

Just saw this - glad I'm not the only one! That was a seriously Twilight Zonish moment for me.

• Love 1

LOL, I forgot about that scene, and when this Carrie bit was brought up, all I could think of was Carrie from the horror movie. I still can't quite figure out her comparison between herself and these other people she brought up. Whatever. If in doubt about your identity, name drop, even if they are fictional characters.

Lol, you're like the third or fourth person that thought of the horror movie.

• Love 1

Ok I maybe over thinking this but instead of buying Joyce a new house why didn't Kandi just transfer the deed into her name? The reasoning makes no sense.

But Joyce wouldn't accept that. She wanted a bigger house closer to her daughter. Kandi's inability to stand up to Joyce is infuriating!

• Love 2