Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Because I was told that casting news is considered spoilery, can someone answer this for me?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Dominic Purcell was also going to make an appearance on this show? And I could have sworn that the body of Firestorm in the crossover looked like him. But I went back and now I know I was wrong; that it's actually Robbie Amell who will be playing that role.

Thanks.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Dominic Purcell was also going to make an appearance on this show? And I could have sworn that the body of Firestorm in the crossover looked like him. But I went back and now I know I was wrong; that it's actually Robbie Amell who will be playing that role.

I believe Dominic Purcell will be playing Heat Wave who will team up with Captain Cold. He was the faceless guy that Cap Cold gave the other gun to at the end of that episode. Thus, Prison Break reunion!

• Love 1

I believe Dominic Purcell will be playing Heat Wave who will team up with Captain Cold. He was the faceless guy that Cap Cold gave the other gun to at the end of that episode. Thus, Prison Break reunion!

Thanks calliope! I knew it was Captain Cold related and figured faceless guy was Linc Dominic, but confused him with Firestorm. I was close, though! 

I was wondering what happened to Nicholas Gonzalez, since it seemed like Sleepy Hollow just dropped his character.  I'm glad he's showing up here.

Peyton List though..... to be fair, Robbie Amell has been better then expected, but I feel like the show is casting everyone from The Tomorrow People that I didn't care for.  At least it sounds like Peyton's character is suppose to be bad guy, so hopefully I'll like her better here, then on TTP, where I felt like the show wanted me to worship Cara.  And, for what it's worth, I did like Peyton on Mad Men, so I don't have a huge issue with her in particular.  

Still, why can't they get Luke Mitchell and Madeline Mantock, if they want to cast former Tomorrow People folks?

• Love 1

Interesting.  I wonder if there is something else going on, or if they are actually going to go there that quickly.

This was posted in one of the Arrow threads, but this show apparently decided to counter that show's casting numerous former Spartacus actors, by getting the big guy himself: Liam McIntyre is going to be the new Weather Wizard.

Well, I personally don't think that spoiler means that Barry is revealing his Flash secret to Iris. It could literally just mean that he "reveals" himself as in pops up in front of her. He still has his mask on and could be doing the blurry faced thing, we don't know. Candice is in Uggs instead of Iris's black boots (which she seems to slip on whenever she's not actually filming), so that photo is probably a rehearsal. I don't know what that means or how it all fits, but I don't think they'd kiss AND do the Flash reveal in the same episode. More than likely, they'll get together and then she'll find out his secret and it will cause a rift. 

Reverse Flash did kill Barry's mom...well that's the belief as of right now. This could change though. Wells has killed in cold blood. He killed Simon Stagg.

Reverse Flash also kill a couple of guards when he tried to steal the tachyon device in the last episode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Well then, my opinion of the show has just gone way down. Wells is the best thing about it so far, and him being a genuinely bad guy is a reveal as unimaginative and predictable as they come. I'll still watch until they reveal his motives, but my expectations aren't high.

Edited by FurryFury

That's a bummer. I guess Eddie is his ancestor. Unless they're doing some sort of sneaky misdirect with those answers. 

It's too bad. I'd hoped we'd get Wells as Zolomon and Eddie (or his descendent) as Prof. Zoom. 

Edited by driedfruit

Wells is officially Reverse Flash.

Boo. I'm very disappointed. I hoped he'll be an anti-hero rather than a simple villain... but that said... Has Reverse Flash killed anyone yet? I'm not a big fan of the show, so I don't really remember. If he hasn't, there may be hope yet, although my disappointment still stands, because it's been way too obvious.

I don't think it's as simple as that - I think he's Reverse Flash - but that doesn't mean he's the only one... and that doesn't mean he's Reverse Flash in the way that we've seen before.

I still think there is more to it - just don't know exactly how.

Anyone Notice in that Spoiler pic of Barry and Iris a similarity to Oliver and Felicity?

I did notice that! And then someone on tumblr did a parallel showing both in a split screen... they are quite similar...

There have been quite a few of those parallels posted on tumblr from what I saw...

Can you get some info on The Flash? Will Iris reciprocate the feelings Barry has for her? Will we see them get together this season (hopefully)? –Brenda

Noting that Barry’s midseason finale confession “really changed the world, and there’s no going back,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says the next few episodes back will be “dealing with the repercussions.” And Barry might just “deal” by moving on. “As he gets a new love interest in Linda Park (played by Malese Jow), Iris’ reaction to that is going to be interesting,” Kreisberg previews. “Certainly, there is no shortage of amazing women in Barry Allen’s life, including Caitlin and Felicity. Which girl actually gets to land him will be one of the surprises of the back half of the season.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/15/agents-of-shield-skye-ward-shooting-spoilers/

Edited by Trini

OMG Malese Jow is going to be on here! How is this the first time I'm hearing about this? I floved Anna on the Vampire Diaries. And kudos for not whitewashing the character like they have been doing on Arrow. 

Edited by Sakura12
Anna was awesome (hard to believe TVD used to be good). Hope she'll be a good character and not just a plot device to make Iris realize she loves Barry (I cringe just thinking about this possibility).

Of course that is her purpose. Anyone who's ever watched a TV show before shouldn't even bother questioning it. 

“Certainly, there is no shortage of amazing women in Barry Allen’s life, including Caitlin and Felicity. Which girl actually gets to land him will be one of the surprises of the back half of the season.”

Well, that's an incredibly disgusting way to put things. Land him? As if he's a prize, and not a human being? As if they're all in competition for him? And what is with the shipper baiting of Barricity and Snowbarry? The antics and statements made by the writers this past week has really made me re-evaluate if I want to let myself get into this show or not. I don't like watching shows run by morons. Too stressful.

Edited by shar
  • Love 4
I think Linda will be more about Iris finding her footing in the journalism world. Seems they share a lot of scenes mano a mano based on twitter.

Eventually. But I can bet my right foot that, initially, Iris will be jealous about their relationship and start questioning if she really does see Barry as "just a friend" after all. I can also guess that Linda will notice their connection and bow out gracefully. 

• Love 1
Sure, initially. But the fact that they're having her stick around after she breaks up with Barry means she has more of a role.

One can only hope. I'm always down with more PoC characters. And the idea of Iris having a friend outside of Barry is really exciting.

• Love 1

Given her name, seems to me like Linda is here to stay. Iris desperately needs a friend, and we know Wally is more than likely coming around sometime next season (if not sooner). 

This would please me.

Felicity and Ray are guest starring in episode 1.18

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/arrow-without-oliver-producers-preview-the-rise-of-black-canary-atom-and-brick-1201410918/

“One day on the set I said to her, ‘The Flash, The Atom and Green Arrow are all in love with you,'” Kreisberg recalls. “She had the greatest answer; she goes, ‘I think the reason it works is because I don’t look like the girl that you’d think that about.’ Emily is really the superhero of both shows.”

Rickards and Routh will also bring their own brand of heroism to “The Flash” in episode 18, which is fittingly titled “All-Star Team-Up,” teased Kreisberg: “In episode four of ‘Flash’ when Felicity came by, it wasn’t just a gag to have Felicity come by. It really was integrated into the story. When you reach what’s going on in ‘The Flash’ at that point in the season, Barry is really at a crossroads. Having Felicity come by exactly when he needs her really plays into the whole storyline. It’s fine because as Marc said, Ray Palmer is all about technology and STAR Labs is all about technology. We get to see Ray so happy to be in STAR Labs… With Cisco [Carlos Valdes] and Ray, they’re new best friends. The STAR Labs team is going to help Ray further his ATOM project.”

Lol! Way to take one the few characters that is generally favorable with the entire audience and shove her down everyone's throats until they are sick of her. How does one speak a line like "three superheroes are in love with you" and not consider that it might be overkill? And since when is The Flash in love with Felicity, anyway? I'm not too fond of this Kreisberg guy.

• Love 5
Well, and no offense to the actress, since her words may have been misconstrued in the retelling, but if she doesn't look like a woman that would have three attractive men in love with her, then there's no hope for the rest of us.

Yeah, WTF is that line about? They all sound delusional. She is a hot blonde. Are we supposed to pretend this isn't the case because she wears glasses and vintage blouses? 

• Love 1

Felicity and Ray are guest starring in episode 1.18

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/arrow-without-oliver-producers-preview-the-rise-of-black-canary-atom-and-brick-1201410918/

“One day on the set I said to her, ‘The Flash, The Atom and Green Arrow are all in love with you,'” Kreisberg recalls. “She had the greatest answer; she goes, ‘I think the reason it works is because I don’t look like the girl that you’d think that about.’ Emily is really the superhero of both shows.”

Rickards and Routh will also bring their own brand of heroism to “The Flash” in episode 18, which is fittingly titled “All-Star Team-Up,” teased Kreisberg: “In episode four of ‘Flash’ when Felicity came by, it wasn’t just a gag to have Felicity come by. It really was integrated into the story. When you reach what’s going on in ‘The Flash’ at that point in the season, Barry is really at a crossroads. Having Felicity come by exactly when he needs her really plays into the whole storyline. It’s fine because as Marc said, Ray Palmer is all about technology and STAR Labs is all about technology. We get to see Ray so happy to be in STAR Labs… With Cisco [Carlos Valdes] and Ray, they’re new best friends. The STAR Labs team is going to help Ray further his ATOM project.”

Lol! Way to take one the few characters that is generally favorable with the entire audience and shove her down everyone's throats until they are sick of her. How does one speak a line like "three superheroes are in love with you" and not consider that it might be overkill? And since when is The Flash in love with Felicity, anyway? I'm not too fond of this Kreisberg guy.

I think Felicity is such a fan favorite that they feel her fans won't get sick of her at all. I don't like that she brings Ray with her

I totally agree with the general consensus about Felicity. I really enjoy her on Arrow, love her chemistry with Oliver. I've also enjoyed her visits to The Flash. However, it is now starting to work my nerves a bit. I don't mind her occasionally visiting Central City eta. once a season maybe, but this visit in 1x18 is going to make three visits in one season. That's a bit much.

The writers need to be careful with the character. It'd really be a shame if their eagerness to exploit a fun character ends up turning her into a pariah amongst fans. And for the record, I'd be saying the same thing if Oliver/Arrow was going to visit for a 3rd time in one season.

Don't care about Ray. Wish Felicity would somehow lose him while traveling between CC and SC and that we never saw him again.

• Love 2

I don't know that Barry's "in love with" Felicity, but I think he, working through his letting go of the Iris fantasy, would have been happy to try pursuing something with her.  Hence his understated "I think they get it" reply to her trying-too-hard "This?  Not happening." in "Flash vs Arrow".

I'm psyched for Ray coming over... and so looking forward to his getting the Atom outfit going.  That gives us four or five top-line heroes (including BC and depending on how Firestorm progresses) in this developing universe with Supergirl and maybe the Titans on the way (I'm not sure if the latter is supposed to be tied in, but AIUI Supergirl is even if she won't get a crossover soon).  And if the sides from the leaked audition videos reflect what's actually going to be on the show,

Supergirl's universe also includes Superman

(possible Supergirl spoiler, tagged because SupergirlFlash).

• Love 1

Well, I, for one, welcome Felicity on Flash, because I like her more than any Flash character so far (except Wells, although him really being Reverse Flash has greatly disappointed me - not sure I'll continue watching if he'll turn out to be just a baddie and get dispatched in season finale). I don't watch Arrow anymore, so Flash is the only way for me to get a dose of Felicity.

Ray, though? I've never seen him, so I don't care. Hope there won't be any spin-off with him, too.