Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

It would make WAY more sense for Linda to be Iris' friend! They were co-workers, for god's sake, and Linda/Barry was contrived and undeveloped as hell. Such a screw-up on the writers' part... Sadly, far from the only one.

• Love 1

I'd think the writers would treat Iris a lot better if they listened to twitter considering the devotion she gets there. 

What bugs me most is how, according to Candice, Linda was initially meant to be introduced as a friend for Iris. But later got changed and she became a disposable love interest for Barry. What a horrid mistake on the part of the writers. They shortchanged two female characters for the sake of Barry getting female attention, that was completely unnecessarily in the first place. 

That's what I was hoping for. WTH? They should've kept it that way. Instead of trying to make their white male hero look cool. Linda and Iris work together, it would make sense for them to interact and it would give Iris someone to talk too that is also no in on the secret. 

I didn't see this interview posted - looks like Iris won't be dropping her investigation of Star Labs - though I think she won't know that it's really Harrison she has to worry about (due to the men in her life lying to her)...

• Love 1

Did they say Iris was finding out who Barry is this season or just that she'd be angry when she did? Or are we taking bets that the Spin Off Team of Sara, Rip Hunter and Hawkgirl will find out before her? 

Did they say Iris was finding out who Barry is this season or just that she'd be angry when she did? Or are we taking bets that the Spin Off Team of Sara, Rip Hunter and Hawkgirl will find out before her?

*gasp* Hawkgirl's gonna be in the spin off? Wow. That character didn't even exist before JL on Cartoon Network, did she? I'm kinda excited...

I hope Iris finds out this season - but I almost don't think she will.

Well Arrow cast did find out before her, so why not the spin-off cast as well?

:(

I mean, even a random villain like Captain Cold already knows... This is just a farce, at this point.

*gasp* Hawkgirl's gonna be in the spin off? Wow.

Yeah, also some dude named Rip Hunter (played by Rory from Doctor Who). The last new character is unknown though, maybe they've decided to drop him or still can't find a good actor for the role.

Edited by FurryFury

*gasp* Hawkgirl's gonna be in the spin off? Wow. That character didn't even exist before JL on Cartoon Network, did she? I'm kinda excited...

I think there's been a lot of different versions of Hawkgirl. The spin off is using Kendra Saunders. 

I think there's been a lot of different versions of Hawkgirl. The spin off is using Kendra Saunders. 

Indeed.  The original first appeared, strictly as Shiera Hall, in the first Hawkman story in Flash Comics #1 in 1940, the same issue that introduced Jay Garrick as The Flash.  She became Hawkgirl a year and a half later.  I've never seen the Kendra version, but I hope that a) her penchant for medieval weaponry (a trait of the Hawks since the very beginning) is retained, and b) she has a costume more reminiscent of the traditional / Justice League cartoon version than that silver one I've seen in the Kendra Saunders depictions.

Indeed.  The original first appeared, strictly as Shiera Hall, in the first Hawkman story in Flash Comics #1 in 1940, the same issue that introduced Jay Garrick as The Flash.  She became Hawkgirl a year and a half later.  I've never seen the Kendra version, but I hope that a) her penchant for medieval weaponry (a trait of the Hawks since the very beginning) is retained, and b) she has a costume more reminiscent of the traditional / Justice League cartoon version than that silver one I've seen in the Kendra Saunders depictions.

Thanks - a lot of the complaints from the fandom happened when they did JL on Cartoon Network - they were mad that Hawkgirl was included. I guess that was just because they picked her over Hawkman - even though they did it so they'd have another woman on the show (so WW wouldn't be the only one).

I liked that version of HawkGirl. Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure that she finds out this season, the twitter uproar has been way too loud for it not to happen. Besides the writers have been hinting left and right that there will be consequences.

yea, probably.

Thanks to the link that Trini posted we know that Iris finds out next week and Wells likely gets imprisoned.  As an added bonus since the week after is titled General Grodd, I assume that Grodd will be the likely stinger this week.

The actor is 22 so he could be Wally West, mostly because they haven't announced who he is playing which could be anyone. However if he is do you think we'll get another round of "Don't tell Iris"? 

Edited by Sakura12
The actor is 22 so he could be Wally West, mostly because they haven't announced who he is playing which could be anyone. However if he is do you think we'll get another round of "Don't tell Iris"?

He is playing Jay Jackson? This article gets into more detail  http://screencrush.com/arrow-flash-spinoff-franz-drameh-jay-jackson-legends/. The description sounds more like  DC's character  Victor Stone/Cyborg. Of course that character is reserved for movies , I don't get the logic of ripping off the character and giving him another name. Why. 

• Love 1

I think Jay Jackson is a fake name until they can reveal who he is really playing.

They also said they three heroes on the spin off haven't been seen in live action. Cyborg was on Smallville for a much bigger part than that one shot of Hawkgirl. Wally West has not been seen in live action and they also said he has a connection to S.T.A.R. Labs. I suppose he could also be playing the other half of Firestorm. 

Edited by Sakura12
I think Jay Jackson is a fake name until they can reveal who he is really playing.

OK if thats the case. But I really doubt its Wally, why would they set up a  major Flash comics character to the spin off?, and why would he be given this background?what about being related to Iris/Joe. Im going to speculate that its Jefferson Pierce (Black lightnining) or Virgil/  Hawkins [static] or a slim chance he is Victor/Cyborg. The description just sounds too similar.

Cyborg was on Smallville for a much bigger part than that one shot of Hawkgirl.

Well I guess that cancels my third guess. 

Edited by Conell
  • Love 1

New casting for the spinoff with a connection to The Flash. Could it be who I think it is?

I don't think he's going to be Cyborg. I think he's going to be the other half of Firestorm, because RA isn't committing to the spin off. I could be wrong though.

I don't think he's going to be Cyborg. I think he's going to be the other half of Firestorm, because RA isn't committing to the spin off. I could be wrong though.

Didn't they cast Jason Rusch on Flash? If it didn't work out with the actor, I could see them using Jay and have his background closer to the original Ronnie.

The tvline spoilers link which has this tidbit

On April 28, those in the know about Dr. Wells will "finally decide to do something about" about their suspect mentor by setting a trap, exec producer Andrew Kreisberg previews, adding that Cisco's flashes of the alt timeline provide "the key" to that plan. Viewers won't have to wait long for Iris to learn Barry's secret, and she is most definitely "not happy" with the men in her life for lying.

the next two episode synopsises:

GRODD RETURNS! - Barry (Grant Gustin) must deal with the Reverse Flash's (Tom Cavanagh) latest threat to a member of the group. To make matter worse, Dr. Wells unleashes Grodd on the city in order to distract Barry and the team. Joe (Jesse L. Martin), Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head down into the sewers to catch Grodd but the gorilla quickly gets the upper hand after he kidnaps Joe. Iris (Candice Patton) and Barry have a heart to heart talk. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu (#121). Original airdate 5/5/2015.

STEPHEN AMELL, ROBBIE AMELL, WENTWORTH MILLER, LIAM MCINTYRE AND DOUG JONES GUEST STAR — As Wells (Tom Cavanagh) once again gets the upper hand on the S.T.A.R. Labs team, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes he needs to make a big move and reaches out to an old foe, Captain Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller), for help. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) warn Barry that Cold can’t be trusted. True to form, Cold has his own agenda that involves the meta-humans trapped in the containment cells. As things seem to be going from bad to worse, The Flash gets reinforcements – Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) and Firestorm (guest star Robbie Amell). Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#122). Original airdate 5/12/2015.

Thanks to the link that Trini posted we know that Iris finds out next week

About time, but really it is still fast with The Flash, considering Smallville & Arrow. Good for the show and the character of Iris.

Is Barry an idiot? Why must it take Joe and Cait informing him that Snart cannot be trusted, for him to realise that Snart cannot be trusted? Can't Cisco just build a gun again? lol.

It makes no sense that Capt. Singh, who barely speaks to Barry, is somewhat suspecting that Bar is The Flash, yet Iris needs to be told. It just hasn't adequatly been explained why she has not figured it out despite spending a significant amount of time with him and possessing a clear pic of The Flash's face.

Edited by chelsie
  • Love 1
Is Barry an idiot? Why must it take Joe and Cait informing him that Snart cannot be trusted, for him to realise that Snart cannot be trusted? Can't Cisco just build a gun again? lol.

Maybe they are trying to redeem him for the spin off, become an anti hero at least.

Edited by Conell
He's already a bit of an anti-hero

Not really. Anti-hero is supposed to still be a hero, just an atypical one (whether because of their pragmatism or general ineffectiveness). Captain Cold, so far, has been a 100% villain. You don't really need to kill people to be a villain.

You don't need to use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread unless it's about Arrow. 

So is Iris going to wonder why Caitlin is marrying her cousin? 

tumblr_nm7dviYT1C1u99u2lo6_540.jpg

I'm hoping whatever RF does to Iris, it makes her find out she's from the future, to give her something to do. Then I can also see her not being as mad about the lying when she's dealing with the fact she's in the wrong time.  

So, seeing this photo, after everything that's happened in "The Trap" episode does not make me happy. Iris is still hanging and smiling with these people so soon?

So, seeing this photo, after everything that's happened in "The Trap" episode does not make me happy. Iris is still hanging and smiling with these people so soon?

I think her anger is going to be focused on Barry and Joe, writing Eddie, Cisco and Caitlin off as innocent bystanders caught up in their lying.   

• Love 2

From the print issue of next week's TV Guide, May 4-17, 2015 (Double Issue,with Scott Bakula on the cover)...

Flash EP Andrew Kreisberg calls the May 19 finale "an unbelievably emotional" conclusion filled with questions about destiny:

"Brace yourselves for a lot of tears," he warns of the hour that finds Barry (Grant Gustin) torn between stopping Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh)--whose body has been inhabited by Reverse Flash villain Eobard Thawne (Matt Letscher)--and changing his fate, as well as those of his loved ones.

In the penultimate episode (airing May 12), Barry and Co. get wind of how Thawne plans to get back to his original timeline (in the future).  And with a potentially time-shattering disaster looming, the members of S.T.A.R. Labs crew must make several tragic choices.  "Some of them have very happy futures and others have very dark ones," Kreisberg says. "They have to deal with whether they're going to accept what [they learn] or if they're going to fight against it."

Edited by tv echo

I wonder if they are going to make it Barry's fault that Caitlin becomes Killer Frost. I know this is the lighter show but I do think Barry needs to learn that his actions have consequences, so far he always ends up winning in the end. To be a hero he needs to stop thinking just about what he wants and think of the world as a whole. He doesn't do that yet. It takes more than just saving people to be a hero.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I wonder if they are going to make it Barry's fault that Caitlin becomes Killer Frost. I know this is the lighter show but I do think Barry needs to learn that his actions have consequences, so far he always ends up winning in the end. To be a hero he needs to stop thinking just about what he wants and think of the world as a whole. He doesn't do that yet. It takes more than just saving people to be a hero.

I kinda wonder if it's not going to be like that, but rather that it's going to be more like Caitlin herself has to make choices about how she will fight her future destiny? Well, I wish that was how they played it.

But I have a feeling that you are right in that Barry will have to make choices about everyone's lives - essentially playing God... and at the end of the season, that article written by Iris West-Allen won't come to be... at all... This is starting to feel a bit "End of the World" (from Roswell) to me... I think Barry is going to sacrifice his happy future for everyone around him - I don't think he's going to "make" Caitlin into KF... I think he's going to do something that alters that future.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like where this is going, lol.

Edited by phoenics

With all this talk about him going back in time, they have to follow through with it. I know he already time traveled, but not to the past where he tries to save his mother. I think even if he ultimately decides to not save his mother, he changes the future anyway. I don't think he will directly turn her into KF, I meant his actions lead her to choose a different path then one she was on in the original time line. 

Basically it sounds to me like whatever happens, Iris and Barry will not be together so that they can drag that out until next year for another whole year. How disappointing. 

Basically it sounds to me like whatever happens, Iris and Barry will not be together so that they can drag that out until next year for another whole year. How disappointing.

Answered in the unspoiled speculation thread.

(edited)

It looks like the wedding happens on the season finale.  Any speculation on what the life changing choice is?

EPIC SEASON FINALE; VICTOR GARBER AND ROBBIE AMELL GUEST STAR - Wells (Tom Cavanagh) presents Barry (Grant Gustin) with a life-changing choice. Dr. Martin Stein (guest star Victor Garber) and Ronnie Raymond (guest star Robbie Amell) return to help the S.T.A.R. Labs team with this final fight. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Gabrielle Stanton & Andrew Kreisberg (#123). Original airdate 5/19/2015.

Edited by Oscirus
(edited)

Please don't kidnap Iris, please don't kidnap Iris...

Actually, I'm almost positive the choice has got to do with Nora Allen's life or death. But I'm seriously afraid they're going to make Iris a damsel in distress, and this is something I'm really sick of.

Edited by FurryFury

Please don't kidnap Iris, please don't kidnap Iris...

Actually, I'm almost positive the choice has got to do with Nora Allen's life or death. But I'm seriously afraid they're going to make Iris a damsel in distress, and this is something I'm really sick of.

I really think it's going to be a decision about whether or not to go back and stop him from killing his mom...

Or Barry's going to just try to do it anyway, having disastrous consequences as a result. There must be some way to illustrate KF and Vibe happening... it's got to be an alternate timeline...

If you're referring to the season finale, I actually think that wells is going to be trying to make deals with all of Team Arrow from in prison. It'll just come down to who takes up wells on this deal.

I think Barry will end up having to make some choice that will involve Iris not having romantic feelings for him. It has to be something about either not saving his mom, not getting his father out of prison, peril for Joe or Iris, or Iris not reciprocating his feelings ever.  Nothing else would be that high stakes. 

I think Barry will end up having to make some choice that will involve Iris not having romantic feelings for him. It has to be something about either not saving his mom, not getting his father out of prison, peril for Joe or Iris, or Iris not reciprocating his feelings ever.  Nothing else would be that high stakes. 

I really hope it has to do with his mother. We already went through Iris unlearning about Barry being the Flash and her understanding her feelings for him.

Joe's always in peril, so Nora is the only ground we haven't broke. But, it would be great if Killer Frost and Vibe come out as well.

• Love 1