Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Robbie Amell says it's happening, as far as he knows.

I doubt they would miss it. Caitlin's KF is definately coming at some point, likely the other one too.

The only thing with Using Felicity to Prop characters is that isn't working with Laurel and Ray. I liked Barry without the Flirtiation with Felicity.

Laurel and Ray are the biggest Olicity threats (or at least viewed as so), neither one had a show already planned on their debut like Barry, still don't. It might not work on most shippers but might just do on general audiences. Though I dont think the propping is one way as its made out to be, to me Felicity has also benefited from interacting with other characters outside Oliver like Barry, Ray, Laurel etc. It brings new dynamics and layers for her too.  Heck Ray is probably Felicity's biggest supporter and praiser right now.

Edited by Conell

If he's still hiding his identity behind the blurring and red eyes then there's no need to have Cavanagh suit up.  Presumably Iris and Eddie would recognize him without that although this universe is still mixed about how good a disguise needs to be - after all, a hood and face paint/tiny mask works for Ollie (but not Roy).

• Love 1

If he's still hiding his identity behind the blurring and red eyes then there's no need to have Cavanagh suit up.  Presumably Iris and Eddie would recognize him without that although this universe is still mixed about how good a disguise needs to be - after all, a hood and face paint/tiny mask works for Ollie (but not Roy).

Plus - this isn't the production stills - they still don't have the CGI in there...

That Flash and Iris one is making me really nervous - especially after the RF/Iris one.

Maybe they are continuing the Laurel comparisons with Iris being told the secret by the villain.

RF: "Barry Allen is...The Flash"

Iris falls to her knees in shock because she couldn't figure that out on her own. Barry arrives she yells at him for not telling her. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't like that...I really want her to figure it out on her own.

Me either.

And I'm getting exhausted with the comparisons to Laurel when a lot of the Laurel hate from what I could see was because Laurel was too angry all the time and her method of acting was off putting. Iris/CP is nothing like that and I really wish we could give the character/actress room to breathe and come into her own without saddling her with crippling comparisons.

• Love 3
(edited)

Like it or not, there are some similarities, even if Iris is nowhere as annoying. Only the writers can change this. Don't blame the fans, blame them.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4
(edited)

The only similarities between Iris and Laurel are their place in the narrative. Comparing them is like comparing Barry and Oliver, or Cisco and Felicity.

Only the other pairs don't get compared because people are willing to give the newer version a chance. Not so much Iris I guess. 

I wouldn't either, since it's the most boring option. But also because it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Wells to tell Iris now. Seems a bit weird to me.  

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 2

Barry and Oliver are more developed as characters, yet they too get compared often. And Caitlyn/Felicity also have a lot of similarities. Personally, I could also draw a certain parallel between Wells and Moira, and Joe and Quentin. This show is written using the same model as Arrow, so it's really not surprising to see fans noticing things.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wouldn't either, since it's the most boring option. But also because it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Wells to tell Iris now. Seems a bit weird to me.  

Agreed. I think it would be more impactful if Iris figure out the Flash on her own than Wells telling her. I can't see what purpose it would serve for him to tell her now, unless he's trying to destroy the relationship she has with Barry, which really at this point is kind of non-existent.

Some of the pictures between Iris/RF kind of looks like he's touching her forehead. I wonder if he invokes some kind of mind control over her? Then let's not forget Eddie. He's in these scenes too. I wonder how he plays into all this? Based on the picture of a distraught Iris on her knees, I think something may happen to him.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2

Barry reveals his identity to Iris in the next episode according to this promo (0.06 sec mark). But with time travel involved, one can only wonder if it will stick. 

I would be shocked if it sticks. That's the whole purpose of time travel isn't it? Allowing to happen what many fans want only for it to be taken away when the characters return to the correct time.

• Love 2

I'm assuming Barry doesn't reveal himself willingly, otherwise time travel erasing whatever happened shouldn't deter him from doing it again. But then, motivations have been so shaky on this show, so who even knows.

I would agree more with the assertion that "people" weren't willing to give Iris a chance if the writing were up to snuff. 

The writing for none of the characters is up to par, even Barry. Let's not pretend that female love interests aren't nearly always dismissed from the get-go.

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 3

For me it would be better if the character wasn't promoted as Female Love Interest and just promoted as a Female character. It's the love interest part that turns me off because that's what their entire character is defined by, even if it's a male love interest. Iris is Barry's crush, Barry gets mad that Iris doesn't see him in that way. We are only seeing Iris through Barry's eyes. She's not her own character, she's the heroes prize. 

Let them be a character first. I know this is a comic book show with an established couple but I kind of wish they would go with them not knowing each other and meeting for the first time so we can see their relationship grow and not be tied down to oblivious crushes and sudden interest when the other starts dating someone else. Or even them not seeing each other for awhile and meeting again in the pilot. The growing up together in the same house like siblings turned me off as well. 

• Love 4

When is the Barry/Iris kiss supposed to be? Do you think the reason we haven't seen Eddie in a long time is that the writers are hoping for "out of site/out of mind" so we won't feel bad for him when Barry and Iris kiss? If Eddie and Iris are still engaged, and Iris initiates or returns the kiss, I can see it turning into another Oliver/Laurel/Tommy scenario where the fandom turned against Oliver and Laurel. Barry will be able to survive a backlash (Oliver did), but I doubt Iris would be able to. If it goes the way I think it will, the fans will probably latch on to Eddie the way they did with Tommy. Most of the hate would go towards Iris (how she reacted to Barry/Linda turned off a lot of people). Especially if the fandom feels she is doing things they've already seen Laurel do. The best thing to do is have Barry kiss Iris and have her pull away immediately. Sure, it would make Barry look bad. but he's the POV character so he'd be able to recover. 

And I for one hope they don't have Iris find out about Barry only to have Barry go back in time and change it. Its bad enough Iris is compared to Laurel so much (whether deserved or not), we don't need a recycled Smallville plot bringing in comparisons to Lana Lang.

I see every character as an extension of the protagonist in the first few episodes, so love interests aren't any different to me than any other role, friend/rival/mentor... The only thing that puts me off is when one of the pair is a horrible person, and yet the other completely overlooks this and worships them anyway. CW shows tend to have this problem a lot, so I'm just grateful Barry and Iris are both likeable for now.

The best thing to do is have Barry kiss Iris and have her pull away immediately. Sure, it would make Barry look bad. but he's the POV character so he'd be able to recover.

We know Iris is together with Eddie up until 1.21 since there is a photo of them holding hands on the bridge before RF interrupts. But for all we know, in the timeline where Barry and Iris kiss, she might already be planning to break up with Eddie before they kiss. Besides, responding to a kiss (that Barry initiates by the look of it) isn't anywhere near as bad as Iris sleeping with him without a second thought.

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 1

Agreed. I think it would be more impactful if Iris figure out the Flash on her own than Wells telling her. I can't see what purpose it would serve for him to tell her now, unless he's trying to destroy the relationship she has with Barry, which really at this point is kind of non-existent.

Some of the pictures between Iris/RF kind of looks like he's touching her forehead. I wonder if he invokes some kind of mind control over her? Then let's not forget Eddie. He's in these scenes too. I wonder how he plays into all this? Based on the picture of a distraught Iris on her knees, I think something may happen to him.

Actually when I first saw the link to Iris and RF - I was thinking about another pretty famous plot point in the Flash comics... I was worried that's what happened. Still am.

Since this is a comic spoiler, I'm using spoiler tags - cause I think there is a separate thread for comic spoilers.

In the comics, RF kills Iris - but it's not the Zoom version that does that, but the Thawne version, so I doubt it's that... but still. He kills her by vibrating his finger through her skull. Iris does come back because she's a time traveler, but still... and this happens well after she and Flash are married I think.

If Eddie and Iris are still engaged

When did this happen? I thought they just moved in together? I tend to agree with the rest of your post - but wondered if I'd missed something.

Barry reveals his identity to Iris in the next episode according to this promo (0.06 sec mark). But with time travel involved, one can only wonder if it will stick.

My guess is that this doesn't stick and that Iris still doesn't know after time travel, as you say. Which leaves us with Iris trying to find out on her own who The Flash is (I wish this is what the writers would do), or her being told by someone else.

Edited by phoenics
The writing for none of the characters is up to par, even Barry. Let's not pretend that female love interests aren't nearly always dismissed from the get-go.

Im OK with how Barry is written and some others but I definitely agree with the bolded part.

When is the Barry/Iris kiss supposed to be? Do you think the reason we haven't seen Eddie in a long time is that the writers are hoping for "out of site/out of mind" so we won't feel bad for him when Barry and Iris kiss? If Eddie and Iris are still engaged, and Iris initiates or returns the kiss, I can see it turning into another Oliver/Laurel/Tommy scenario where the fandom turned against Oliver and Laurel. Barry will be able to survive a backlash (Oliver did), but I doubt Iris would be able to. If it goes the way I think it will, the fans will probably latch on to Eddie the way they did with Tommy.

I would rather they don't do that, Grant/Barry and Candice/ have good chemistry they shouldn't try to  ruin that by making the characters look sleazy like that. And no the situation is completely different from Oliver/Laurel, Tommy/Laurel were BROKEN UP, Eddie/Iris are not. I doubt Eddie will be lurched on to, WestAllen has the bigger fandom the way I see it. The backlash won't be as loud, still I would rather they dont try to jinx it.

But for all we know, in the timeline where Barry and Iris kiss, she might already be planning to break up with Eddie before they kiss.

Still wouldn't look good, maybe its way in the future and Iris is single or the past? and Iris is single.

Edited by Conell

I forgot that Tommy and Laurel were broken up. I liked them as a couple and found Tommy far more likeable than Oliver, so I couldn't really see the Laurel/Oli hook up as anything but a major downgrade for her. 

Still wouldn't look good, maybe its way in the future and Iris is single or the past? and Iris is single.

The future would be best. I doubt Iris sees Barry in that way right now, certainly not enough to kiss him back. 

Ok, who told Laurel? She's barely even met Barry. 

Bad quality aside, there's some good looking stuff in those clips. I hope a higher quality version comes out. West and Lance? Yes! Team Flash against Dr. Wells? Yes! Evil Eddie? No!!!! (But in the best possible way).

If Eddie and Iris are still engaged, and Iris initiates or returns the kiss, I can see it turning into another Oliver/Laurel/Tommy scenario where the fandom turned against Oliver and Laurel.

I doubt Barry would be affected since in the Oliver situation, Oliver was scumbagging his best friend while Barry and Eddie are mere acquaintances. Most of the vitriol would be directed at Iris  for either being wishy-washy or cheating on her boyfriend.

I wouldn't either since they're going to have to make her independent and competent at some point. Having her find that out on her own would be the first step towards legitimatizing her as a reporter.

I could also draw a certain parallel between Wells and Moira

I'd say Wells and Malcolm would be the closer comparison with regards to their purposes on their respective shows

The best thing about that clip is Eddie finally getting sick of Barry's crap and hitting him. I also like that he confronts Iris. Eddie the door mat is starting to get easy to ignore. Showing Eddie go evil seems like a weird thing to show at the panel especially in this day and age of the social media.

Showing Eddie go evil seems like a weird thing to show at the panel especially in this day and age of the social media.

Not if you know comics. Which is their go to reason for everything. Comic fans would've been waiting for that reveal since the Eddie Thawne's character was announced. Just like people are waiting for Caitlin to become her comic counterpart. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Not if you know comics. Which is their go to reason for everything. Comic fans would've been waiting for that reveal since the Eddie Thawne's character was announced. Just like people are waiting for Caitlin to become her comic counterpart.

I hope there is a reasonable build up to it though. Otherwise it just comes off as plot and not character development.

Oh what am I saying.

That clip was awesome though - probably won't be up long though... Paleyfest will likely have it taken down.

I'm wondering if its our Eddie in the clip or another Eddie. Don't know if shapeshifters are in the Flash mythology but it could be that too. I'm not yet ready to believe it's our Eddie gunning down cops because at this point it would seem like more so plot than character development. We haven't received any indication that he could or would turn to such extreme behavior.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh! I just noticed that in the Paleyfest trailer when Cisco puts on those virtual reality or whatever glasses, when he's in whatever program his outfit changes to the one he's wearing when Wells kills him. Is he sneaking a peek into the alternate timeline and that's how the team finds out about Wells now?

• Love 1

We haven't received any indication that he could or would turn to such extreme behavior.

It could be Rainbow Raider. Or some other kind of mind control. Smallville did a lot of those OOC episodes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Flash follows the trend. 

I hate these kinds of twists, unless they have consequences that extend beyond the current episode (which is why I was fine with the time travel erase). 

I'm wondering if its our Eddie in the clip or another Eddie. Don't know if shapeshifters are in the Flash mythology but it could be that too. I'm not yet ready to believe it's our Eddie gunning down cops because at this point it would seem like more so plot than character development. We haven't received any indication that he could or would turn to such extreme behavior.

Pretty sure it's just Eddie in the groundhog day Barry gets stuck in where each time he relives the same day it gets worse and worse.

It could be Rainbow Raider.

I doubt it, Eddie's eyes weren't red when he shot the officers. I'm thinking at some point in the near future that Eddie and Dr. Wells will have their talk and that's when Eddie turns to the dark side.

The episode description for the Atom crossover is out:

“All Star Team Up”

ARROW’S FELICITY SMOAK (EMILY BETT RICKARDS) AND RAY PALMER (BRANDON ROUTH) ARRIVE IN CENTRAL CITY; EMILY KINNEY (“The Walking Dead”) GUETS STARS AS BRIE LARVIN — Barry (Grant Gustin) is surprised when Felicity Smoak (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) arrives from Starling City along with her boyfriend, Ray Palmer (guest star Brandon Routh), who flies in as the Atom. They’ve come to visit S.T.A.R. Labs as Ray needs help with his suit. Their timing turns out to be fortuitous because it’s all hands on deck after a meta human named Brie Larvin (guest star Emily Kinney) unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her former co-workers, including Dr. Tina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays). A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris (Candice Patton) and Eddie (Rick Cosnett) turns into a disaster. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu (#118). Original airdate 4/14/2015.

(Emphasis added because I'm not sure how that could possibly not turn into a disaster, regardless of metahumans or super-powered battle suits.)  I do love the continued shout-outs to DC history, though: "All-Star Comics" was the original home of the Justice Society of America.

http://screenrant.com/flash-cw-season-finale-arrow-firestorm-crossover/

Tread carefully, there's also arrow spoilers in there so if you only want to be spoiled on Flash but not the Arrow then don't enter.

The biggest thing of interest to take away from all this.

revealing that not only will the Reverse-Flash reveal himself to Barry as Dr. Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh), but that he’ll also fill two of the other resident CW superheroes in on the fact as well. After an incredibly successful Flash/Arrow crossover, it seems that the network will bring the two heroes together to give The Flash a proper send-off to its debut season.

The sizzle reel shown at this year’s PaleyFest confirmed that Detective Joe West and Captain Quentin Lance would be working together, and the new photos show even bigger things are in store for the DC Comics superheroes.

Their timing turns out to be fortuitous because it’s all hands on deck after a meta human named Brie Larvin (guest star Emily Kinney) unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her former co-workers, including Dr. Tina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays)

Yay she is back, hopefully there is more of her next season.

Oh my gosh! I just noticed that in the Paleyfest trailer when Cisco puts on those virtual reality or whatever glasses, when he's in whatever program his outfit changes to the one he's wearing when Wells kills him. Is he sneaking a peek into the alternate timeline and that's how the team finds out about Wells now?

i hope so, that will be interesting.

Edited by Conell