Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Really Joe seems to have one of the stronger relationships with Barry of anyone on the show. I think he's the most logical damsel in distress.

I really hope it has to do with his mother. We already went through Iris unlearning about Barry being the Flash and her understanding her feelings for him.

Joe's always in peril, so Nora is the only ground we haven't broke. But, it would be great if Killer Frost and Vibe come out as well.

According to some comments from DP and CV, I think we are supposed to see KF and Vibe - so I think some of this will actually foreshadow them happening OR Wells will just talk about it happening and then everyone is faced with changing the future... I think Barry is going to have to make a terrible choice that will end badly for someone and him no matter what he does.

I wonder how much time they're going to wipe out in the finale. Would they really reset the whole show somehow for Season 2?

Nora surviving and Barry being raised by his parents would be a huge game changer and I would have a lot of respect for a show that does something like that and sticks with it. 

• Love 1

Yeah, but that would also erase all the relationships that have been built on the show this season, right? Like with Joe, Caitlyn, Cisco. It's hard to see that happening. I actually thought for a minute they'd stick with their first game changing episode in 1x15, but that was too good to be true- they couldn't even do it for like, one episode.

Yeah, but that would also erase all the relationships that have been built on the show this season, right? Like with Joe, Caitlyn, Cisco. It's hard to see that happening. I actually thought for a minute they'd stick with their first game changing episode in 1x15, but that was too good to be true- they couldn't even do it for like, one episode.

It's extremely unlikely, it wouldn't just erase the relationships they'd also have to re-establish the setting, but I'm bored of the reset button.

I know that if Barry manages to save Nora something will happen to change things back because that's how these things always go. Where's the suspense, the excitement? 

Nora surviving and Barry being raised by his parents would be a huge game changer and I would have a lot of respect for a show that does something like that and sticks with it. 

I would love that because it would be interesting to see how the writers rebuild the relationships and connect the characters again. But I don't see that happening because it would greatly effect the writers favorite relationship, Barry/Joe. 

I wonder how much time they're going to wipe out in the finale. Would they really reset the whole show somehow for Season 2?

No, but they should. Please reset Arrow while we are at it. It really really needs this season's plot to never have happened.

If they were going to do it they should have done it early. I doubt they will do it. But it would be the best. This show is way too by the numbers to do it. The audience would have to relearn the world, the characters etc. There will probably be a slight adjustment, but minor.

• Love 1
(edited)

The print issue of the new TV Guide, May 18-31, 2015 (Double Issue, with David Duchovny on the cover), had an article about The Flash season 1 finale...

-- Barry is questioning what he should do to stop Wells/Thawne.
-- Regarding Wells' "catastrophic master plan", they had an "epic 10-page scene with Barry talking to Wells that answers all of the questions that viewers had... It explains how and why everything has happened."
-- Some holes are filled in about the murder of Barry's mother.
-- "But it's what Thawne spills about the future lives of various Team Flash members that could stop the fastest man alive in his tracks (and possibly also extremely upset some shippers)."

Armed with these supposed spoilers, Barry is forced to face a series of unthinkeable options that could rewrite the past, erase his current life, or save the day at a massive cost.  What's a guy to do?  Crowd-source and keep the tissues close by, apparently.  "Barry goes and talks to everyone in his life," explains Kreisberg. "And their advice for what he should do is often surprising and heartbreaking."  So much so, the producer warns that fans should prepare themselves for an episode packed with doses of adrenalized action and devastating twists.  "When we had the table read for this episode, it was hard for everybody to get through it," Kreisberg admits.  "It was so unbelievably emotional.  People are reading dialogue and wiping tears away."
Edited by tv echo

The print issue of the new TV Guide, May 18-31, 2015 (Double Issue, with David Duchovny on the cover), had an article about The Flash season 1 finale...

-- Barry is questioning what he should do to stop Wells/Thawne.

-- Regarding Wells' "catastrophic master plan", they had an "epic 10-page scene with Barry talking to Wells that answers all of the questions that viewers had... It explains how and why everything has happened."

-- Some holes are filled in about the murder of Barry's mother.

-- "But it's what Thawne spills about the future lives of various Team Flash members that could stop the fastest man alive in his tracks (and possibly also extremely upset some shippers)."

Great. So in other words, more stuff designed to keep Barry and Iris apart for as long as humanly possible, right? Ugh.

Great. So in other words, more stuff designed to keep Barry and Iris apart for as long as humanly possible, right? Ugh.

I suspect it'll be something pro-Barry/Iris that'll upset the SB shippers. 

Eddie and Iris are holding hands in the released stills so it looks like they're back together. 

I'm not keen on the idea of Eddie going Dark Side because he and Iris don't work out but I hate the idea of a drawn out triangle more. 

I suspect it'll be something pro-Barry/Iris that'll upset the SB shippers.

Or something where it looks like Iris finally realizes she's in love with Barry and decides to be with him and then he has to go back and erase the future, lol.

Aargh.

(edited)
A summary of some of the more important information:

- Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells) will be back in future seasons.

- Killer Frost is coming. Danielle hints that she may show up in the season final. The costume has already been created.

- At the end of the season final, Caitlin is terrified

- The possibility of Caitlin crossing over to Legends Of Tomorrow has been discussed but is not official yet.

- When asked to tease the season final she responded "The finale has lots of tears and lots of emotions. And it might be the end of the world for Team Flash..."

- One word description of the final: Heart-Wrenching

- Deleted scenes involve more Caitlin/Wells interaction and Caitlin/Iris/Cisco interaction. One of these scenes involves Wells suggesting that Caitlin take a job elsewhere, she declines.

- Season 2 starts filming July 7

- There's a wedding in the season final.

The Flash - Danielle Panabaker Answers Fan Questions On Reddit *Spoilers*

Posted by Christopher DeBono at Friday, May 15, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/the-flash-danielle-panabaker-answers.html

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Is there anything you can tease about The Flash finale? — Bella

The promos do not lie: Caitlin and Ronnie are going to tie the knot. “It’s [amid] a moment of crisis in our season finale,” Danielle Panabaker says, describing the upcoming finale as “devastating.” Oh, and you may want to rewatch the trailer for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which actually includes more than one glimpse at The Flash finale.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Thrones, Hannibal, Legends of Tomorrow, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted May 15 2015 — 3:30 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/spoiler-room-thrones-hannibal-legends-spoilers

Edited by tv echo

Do you think they'd have Ronnie and Caitlin get married then have her accidentally kill him going Killer Frost? Robbie Amell doesn't seem to be on Legends of Tomorrow, while Victor Garber is. That's seemed weird to me.

I doubt it, in the "Legends" trailer, Stein indicates that Ronnie's still alive.

The crossovers for season two continue.

Thank god that Supergirl is on CBS. Otherwise...

Since Hawkgirl shows up on Tuesday, I have a feeling that we'll see part of the events of that crisis unfold.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am getting so tired of the crossovers... especially given that they barely develop the characters they have.. *cough*Iris*cough*Caitlin*cough*

Okay - I changed my mind... I just watched the DC legends trailer (even though I cannot get with the whole DC legends without Superman, Batman and WW) and it looked really good. The whole White Canary thing is super cool and I hope Sara and her sister and dad get a reunion at some point (hopefully Arrow doesn't keep that from Laurel).

I liked it - though I still don't want to see umpteen crossovers. I think 2 in a season is enough!

I hope they get Robbie Amell to do the crossover - though I have a feeling he's going to want to do movies or something, hence why he hasn't signed on (yet?).

I did legit fangirl scream when I heard Vandal Savage's name come up. Legit fangirl screamed.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I really liked the crossovers in the beginning but they went overboard and now I kind of dread them. But I still like the name drops, little nods that acknowledge both show exist in the same universe and hopefully they don't find a way to kill my enjoyment of that too. 

Maybe they'll show a bit of restraint and limit things to one big Flash/Arrow crossover and a few appearances from relevant Legends characters like Sara in Arrow, Stein in The Flash (because Caitlin has killed Robbie fingers crossed) but otherwise keep it to in-universe gossip.    

There's a difference between the crossovers, though.  One set is pretty much a drop in (Ollie in the pilot, Ollie in the last episode, Laurel and Lance when Cisco and Joe visited Starling City, Cisco and Ray with Deathbolt, Barry rescuing the Arrow gang) that does NOT take away from the regular characters because it's too short of a scene to truly matter - I suspect only an agent would care if a guest star shows up for two minutes.

On the other hand, you have the full crossovers that do soak up time.  I suspect that they'll limit the full ones but keep the throwaway ones, if only because of scheduling constraints.

(edited)

Rip Hunter does not have an East London accent.. kind of reminds me of someone from northern England masking their accent to make it sound southern. I like it, it's like a Dr Who and DC lovechild. Daredevil, Supergirl, Flash (and maybe Arrow) I'm going to be busy.

Edited by chelsie

I doubt it, in the "Legends" trailer, Stein indicates that Ronnie's still alive.

Well, not actually. He's says that he's half a superhero, and that his other half is combustible, but he never mentions Ronnie's name. I found that, along with RA's lack of presence in the trailer and at the CW upfronts, very odd. There is speculation that the new character, Jay Jackson, will somehow take over as the other half of Firestorm after Ronnie's death. After all, they didn't include Jay in the trailer, and they haven't told us who his superhero identity is. There's got to be a reason for that.

• Love 2

Rip Hunter does not have an East London accent.. kind of reminds me of someone from northern England masking their accent to make it sound southern. I like it, it's like a Dr Who and DC lovechild. Daredevil, Supergirl, Flash (and maybe Arrow) I'm going to be busy.

Just because he's from "East London" doesn't mean he should have an "East London" accent though***? Especially as he's from the future...you're right though. He's from Birmingham originally, so what you may be hearing is drama school accent. 

***Sorry I'm originally (  and still am)a south east londonder as are all my friends, and not one person among us has an accent that's what you want expect of the area

For Season 2, from TVGuide.com:

"What's fun about this show is that there's going to be multiple timelines as we move forward," Gustin says. "I think we're going to start showing Earth-One and Earth-Two in the near future. There will be kind of different dimensions going on."

So Jay Garrick's hat was indeed a hint.  (It's also a way to eventually do a Flash/Supergirl crossover without the "why didn't Superman help with the Glades earthquake / siege of Starling City / multiple bioweapon attacks / giant freaking black hole" issue.)

(edited)

Has anyone else brought up that Barry's dad might be dead in the new timeline? That time travel scene in the finale where the Flash takes Young Barry away has Barry's dad standing right next to Young Barry. Then Young Barry is carried away and the dad vanishes. POOF!

Remember, Peeping Tom Flash closed the door when Reverse Flash was stabbing his mom...but what if Reverse Flash also stabbed Barry's dad? [After the stabbing,  Peeping Tom Flash opened the door to look over the living room and he  sees his dad laying there on his back. His dad is at the very least unconcious. Then he scans to the left to see his mom.

So, does anyone remember if in the previous flashback scenes to the murder they ever showed the dad unconscious in that room or did they just show him yelling at Young Barry to get out and then showed him getting arrested?]

What I'm wondering is if Shipp does play anyone next season then he might be the Earth 2 Flash [Jay Garrick] and not as just as Barry's dad in flashbacks (no pun intended).

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru

He was just unconscious; FutureBarry knocked him down while he was grabbing YoungBarry. And no, I don't think they've shown Henry unconscious on the floor previously.

Henry was shown after that in the timeline when Barry got back to the present. He was in prison watching Barry streak up the building toward the singularity. So - not dead.

Henry was shown after that in the timeline when Barry got back to the present. He was in prison watching Barry streak up the building toward the singularity. So - not dead.

Duh!

Of course I knew that but I willingly overlooked that bit of silence. Now that you mention it, why weren't there bars on his cell window? It was just a glass window that looked like he could have busted it open at any time. I laughed at that.

Do'h! Why was I willing to overlook him in the prison cell?

Thanks.

• Love 1

I really have to think Ronnie will be killed off sometime in season 2. I can't believe they actually married Caitlin off to him. I would be surprised if they remained together for the remainder of the series. Plus the "No comment" answer to why Ronnie won't be in Legends in one of the post Flash finale interviews makes me think Ronnie is doomed.

Well they married Diggle to Lyla on Arrow. I think with the supporting characters they're not as invested in them maintaining a lot of relationship "drama" of their own.

That seems to be reserved for the leads. Unfortunately.

Well they married Diggle to Lyla on Arrow. I think with the supporting characters they're not as invested in them maintaining a lot of relationship "drama" of their own.

That seems to be reserved for the leads. Unfortunately.

Diggles an older character though. I'm just shocked they would marry 20 something Caitlin off in season 1 to a recurring character with very little screen time and character development up to now.

Well, apparently Robbie Amell is coming back next season, so they're probably going to jumpstart the Killer Frost - Firestorm stuff. They're pretty tied together in the comics. I wouldn't be surprised if he essentially replaces the Eddie character.

I do think it's possible they'll kill Ronnie off (maybe temporary) to make Caitlyn evil (definitely temporary). It's just so predictable, which means they'll go for it. I've called Eddie killing himself to defeat Wells via Grandfather Paradox, like, 2 or 3 episodes before the finale (I just hoped it wouldn't stick).This show is nothing but predictable if you know your tropes.

I do think it's possible they'll kill Ronnie off (maybe temporary) to make Caitlyn evil (definitely temporary). It's just so predictable, which means they'll go for it. I've called Eddie killing himself to defeat Wells via Grandfather Paradox, like, 2 or 3 episodes before the finale (I just hoped it wouldn't stick).This show is nothing but predictable if you know your tropes.

Yeah, I can see that. So tell me, based on the tropes, how long do you think Eddie's death will delay Barry/Iris getting together? Does she have to grieve for a full season or can they get together by the end of Season 2 at least?

(edited)
Yeah, I can see that. So tell me, based on the tropes, how long do you think Eddie's death will delay Barry/Iris getting together? Does she have to grieve for a full season or can they get together by the end of Season 2 at least?

Oh, I'd say half a season at least. First Iris has to grieve for Eddie. Then by the time of the mid-season finale she'll realize her true feelings for him and then feel guilty about 'betraying' Eddie's memory, but by the end of the season she'll be ready to move on. She might not move on IN the second season but she'll be in a place where she can. At least, that's how it usually goes in these situations.

Edited by KirkB
(edited)

I don't know- I know people don't like hearing the comics as an argument for things, but that particular couple is pretty ingrained in the Flash universe. And the thing was they weren't an on/off couple either- they were married, had kids, grandkids (one of which is Bart Allen), been together since 1956. The only time they weren't was if she was kidnapped or he thought she was dead or something.

So they could keep them apart until the end of the series if they really wanted to- but honestly, it would be more true to the spirit of the comics at least if they were to show them as a devoted couple.

They could always devise other crises to keep them apart at times, like time travel, villains, kidnapping, getting lost in another dimension or something, I don't know. But the phony relationship drama involving other love interests or triangles isn't really true to those characters, imo.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

I suspect Iris and Barry will hook up in the s2 finale. Before that, she'll spend the timeskip and a few episodes grieving Eddie, but then something else will happen (hard to predict what exactly) to prevent them getting together for a time. Maybe some plot circumstances or another LI for Barry, more major than Linda. It will be dealt with during the latter half of s2 and then the stage will be cleared for WestAllen. After that, maybe a season of them together, max, and then bam, something else, amnesia, somebody turning evil, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)

I suspect Iris and Barry will hook up in the s2 finale. Before that, she'll spend the timeskip and a few episodes grieving Eddie, but then something else will happen (hard to predict what exactly) to prevent them getting together for a time. Maybe some plot circumstances or another LI for Barry, more major than Linda. It will be dealt with during the latter half of s2 and then the stage will be cleared for WestAllen. After that, maybe a season of them together, max, and then bam, something else, amnesia, somebody turning evil, etc.

AKA the required course of "CW Romance-tropes Drama 101".

I hate how right that above spec will probably end up actually happening on our TV screens....  Please, CW, please do the unexpected & pull the rug out from under me on this!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Yeah I'm not counting on any big subversions on The Flash sadly.

I've also forgotten to add that it's highly likely Eddie will come back as a villain for a short arc. Maybe in late s2.

(edited)

AKA the required course of "CW Romance-tropes Drama 101".

I hate how right that above spec will probably end up actually happening on our TV screens....  Please, CW, please do the unexpected & pull the rug out from under me on this!

You guys are SO right about this, lol. That's exactly what I immediately expect to happen too, and also in that exact order.

I mean, I hope they don't do it that way, but let's face it- we got a whole season of Barry pining for Iris, so after she grieves an appropriate amount of time, of course they're going to have to have her be the one pining over him before they finally get together. And the only way we can see that is for Barry to have some other pointless girlfriend, but one that lasts longer than Linda's two episodes. It's either that or a life or death situation that jars her feelings, but of course they already did that in 1x15, so that's out.

It's annoying that all of us can predict exactly how it's going to go down. I will give them major credit if they can actually come up with something that doesn't play out in this exact way, but I'm skeptical because in retrospect, the Eddie story this year (and really the point of his existence) played out in exactly the same, predictable, trope-like steps.

To be honest though, I can't really think of a non-cliched way to keep them apart for a whole season, so it's going to have to be this same old checklist. The other option is for them to, gasp, actually maybe don't drag it out for another entire season? Maybe just a half season? But that's too much to ask, right?

Edited by ruby24

[Smallville] Arrow, The Flash, and Supernatural are the only shows I watch on TheCW.  They are the only ones that would even remotely interest me, just going by what I know of the rest and have 'heard' about them.  And if it weren't for the (sorta) 'CB fanboy' in me, I'd have non-remorsefully taken a pass on [SV] Arrow & TF

Maybe I'm missing out - very doubtfully - but in my limited experience with it;  TheCW is one of those networks where "if you've seen one show, you've seen them all", at least when it comes to certain themes and tropes.

(edited)

I would honestly even give them credit if whatever "unexpected plot circumstances designed to keep them apart halfway through the season" turns out to be at the very least, NOT another love triangle. If they could at least devise something besides that, that'd be nice.

Edited by ruby24