Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I think there is a way to show Barry/Iris working together on cases AND together with Team Flash... in a Lois & Clark kind of way.  It would still have elements of the ensemble cast so that doesn't have to go away.

Also - I think that having Barry/Iris be close in working together on Flash business AND police/reporting business makes sense and provides an even closer connection that will probably upset Patty over time.  I think the reason they didn't have to do that with Eddie/Iris was because Eddie was a cop and around the action all the time AND Iris was in the dark about The Flash.

Now, Iris knows Barry is the Flash, so she's going to be tightly concerned and connected with everything the Flash does - and probably working with him (as Barry) on some cases too.  Patty as a cop will be forced to see that interaction not only due to the fact that Iris is her partner's daughter, but also her new bf's best friend and close working colleague on Central City News matters.

I saw a comment somewhere that the actress playing Patty has only signed on for 10 episodes.  Has anyone else heard this?

Flash scoop, please! I will take anything on Iris West or Westallen. Just name your price. — Tatiana

I’m a big fan of Funko Pop! and cold hard cash. Iris will be stepping up in a big way this season now that Wells is no longer the team leader at S.T.A.R. Labs. “Iris slides into [the role] very naturally,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “She’s a born leader. One of the best things in the premiere is Barry decides that he wants to work alone because he doesn’t want to risk anyone else’s lives, and Iris is really the one who gets the band back together again. She’s the only one who can stand up to Barry.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, The Flash and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted August 28 2015 — 2:33 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28/spoiler-room-blacklist-castle-flash-spoilers?hootPostID=fec007741766f5f195e1e47ee943cbcc

Edited by tv echo
I'm happy this might mean more screen time and hopefully, more development for Iris but I'm not sure how I feel about her being the leader in the Flash team.

I feel exactly the same way. With Wells gone, I was looking forward to a lot of stepping up from all the players of Team Flash. Although, I do like the part about her bringing the band back together after Barry tries to go it alone. That sounds completely in character and like a great way to give her more of a connection to Caitlin and Cisco.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 2

Tony Todd cast as the voice of Zoom.

“The Flash” has tapped “Candyman” star Tony Todd as the voice of DC Comics villain Zoom in season two, Variety has learned exclusively.

Zoom will menace titular hero Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) beginning in episode two, titled “Flash of Two Worlds.”

“Last year, with the Reverse-Flash, we just modulated Tom Cavanagh’s voice, and this year we wanted to do something a little bit different,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells Variety. “Part of the mystery of the season is who or what is underneath the Zoom outfit, and so we wanted to do something like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader — this iconic voice coming out of this mask. Last year, we thought of the Reverse-Flash as a speed warrior; this year, Zoom is like a speed demon, and no one does demon-voice better than Tony Todd.”

Kreisberg compares Zoom’s appearance to Venom in Marvel’s Spider-Man, revealing, “The Zoom outfit is much more organic than the Reverse-Flash suit. In a way, it’s hard to tell if it is a suit or alive… There’s no skin showing, for all you know there’s a robot underneath, or dark energy.”

Unlike last season, which revealed that Cavanagh’s Harrison Wells (or, more accurately, Eobard Thawne) was the Reverse-Flash fairly early on, Kreisberg says the producers intend to draw out the mystery of Zoom “like a horror movie — ‘who’s the killer? Who’s under the mask?'”

As for what’s driving Zoom, Kreisberg teases, “For us, the best villains are the ones who don’t have megalomaniacal ‘I want to rule the world’ motivations. Last year, the Reverse-Flash had a very simple goal which was, ‘I just want to go home, and if people need to die or cities need to get wasted for me to get that, so be it.’ And Zoom has a very similar, personal goal this season… simple and easy to understand, and very primal. And just as with Wells last year, Zoom doesn’t care who gets hurt or what gets destroyed in the service of him getting his goal.”

Just the voice? Is this weird? Seems weird.

Well, this really shakes up my 'Cavanugh is Zoom' theory. How are they keeping him a regular?

Edited by Trini

I've heard a lot of theories from comics fans that it's an alt-universe Barry under the suit. I guess this was something that happened in the comics too?

If so, that sounds like it's pretty obviously what they're doing.

I'd heard that too, but was really hoping they wouldn't do that version. Then again, they are deliberately keeping things vague, so they have an "out" if they change their minds mid-season.

ETA: But I'd hate to think they haven't already decided who Zoom is already, and they're just winging it.

Edited by Trini

I think Iris 'leading' Team Flash actually makes a lot of sense. Everyone else has specific skills, Iris could be the cohesive force bringing them together.

Yeah - I agree.  And I don't think that this means she's the "boss" so to speak - but she probably is the one to bring everyone together and keep everyone focused - she tended to do that during the Grodd episode when she lit a fire under them to find her dad.  I also think with her being a reporter, she's naturally going to have angles and things that the team won't have.  

I think it's more a leader in heart than in "do what I tell you" kind of leader.  And she probably is the only one who could really stand up to Barry - or see past any facade he puts up.

ETA: About Zoom, my theory is that it turns out to be Eddie as Cobalt Blue... 

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

From Eonline's 2015 Fall TV Spoiler-rama...

What to Expect: Can the world handle more than one Flash at the same time? Central City is about to get a double dose of scarlet speedsters when the original Flash, aka Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) arrives in town to warn Barry and the S.T.A.R. Labs team of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop. "Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas," showrunner Andrew Kreisberg says. "It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn't imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy." Plus, Barry is  getting a new suit!

http://www.eonline.com/photos/16921/2015-fall-tv-spoiler-rama/513083

Edited by tv echo

ETA: About Zoom, my theory is that it turns out to be Eddie as Cobalt Blue... 

My superficial research suggests that at least 3 different comic characters could be Zoom, so I definitely think the writers are keeping their options open.

My superficial research suggests that at least 3 different comic characters could be Zoom, so I definitely think the writers are keeping their options open.

Agreed.

I keep wondering if Barry being shown in prison during the speed force scenes from the finale have anything to do with it.  Or if that's just Earth 2.  There are so many different directions they could go in.   i keep thinking that with Geoff Johns being involved, we could actually see story ideas that he didn't use in the comics come to fruition on the show - which is kinda cool.

Yeah - I think AK exaggerated (what else is new) and she's a "leader" in terms of getting the gang back together... and then after that it's Iris West:  Ace Reporter, lol.  Works for me.

And Candice owned that entire panel - my favorite part was how she artfully and wittily handled the "priest" who asked his incest question... that and how protective JWS was of her.  Candice may not have gone into the Panel with all of them being her fans, but by the end of it, I think most of them definitely were.  She was great.

Edited by phoenics

I think what is helping CP, is she's likable onscreen. She brings a certain charm to Iris despite the awful writing for her character. Which kind of shows me that it's the actor/actresses job to bring the character to life no matter what the writers do to them. I've seen many times that not every actor/actress is capable of doing that.

CP also made into the final four in the E! Online poll showing she is popular enough to compete against other fandoms.  

The Flash's Candice Patton clarifies Iris West role in Season 2
Published 22 hours ago by akazemi
http://www.melty.com/the-flash-s-candice-patton-clarifies-iris-west-role-in-season-2-a1768.html

In a recent The Flash panel at Dragon Con 2015, she jumped on a fan's suggestion that the strength Iris West showed in Season 1 would translate into her leadership of Team Flash. "I don't know where you guys are hearing this from," Patton admonished her overeager fanbase, "but I think that's a gross exaggeration that Iris is going to take over leadership at S.T.A.R. Labs." While ruling out her role at the head of the S.T.A.R. Labs team, Patton did confirm a more pronounced role for her character in the team's crime-fighting endeavours. "I will say that she does encourage Barry Allen to come back to S.T.A.R. Labs and get the team together and keep fighting to protect Central City, but as far as being a leader at S.T.A.R. Labs, no, that doesn't happen... what I will say about her strength is this season we will definitely see her step into that role which I am very excited about because I think she has a lot to offer Team Flash in that way."
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I thought this was here already...

From TV Line:

Following last May's wormhole cliffhanger, the first DC character to take on the Flash title — Jay Garrick (Masters of Sex's Teddy Sears) — arrives from the past and becomes a mentor to Barry. But what about the man who guided him until now? "Harrison Wells will be back, but he's going to be a very different Harrison Wells than we've seen before," exec producer Gabrielle Stanton previews. But how (or should we say, from where/when?) will he return? "We've got other worlds. We've got other timelines. All I'm going to say is he's from one of those places," the EP replies with a laugh. Elsewhere, Iris is dealing with Eddie's death by throwing herself into her work, so Barry's eye may turn to police officer Patty Spivot (One Tree Hill's Shantel VanSanten), who "becomes a 'What if?'" possibility for the young hero.

BONUS SPOILER!: Caitlin's new hubby Ronnie "is going to play a big role in [her] development" – did anyone else feel a chill? – while Cisco's Vibe journey will take on "a slower burn," Stanton teases.

Aw, man; are they going to send Ronnie off to another universe? Doesn't he need to stay together with Stein?

Edited by Trini

I'm thinking that Robbie Amell thinks he's going to be a movie star, so he doesn't want to be stuck on a tv show for however long it runs. 

He could lose his connection to Martin Stein and that new guy from Legends somehow gets it and becomes the other half of Firestorm. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Yeah it sounds to me like Robbie Amell didn't want to do Legends, for whatever reasons, and that's where this Jay Jackson character comes in. I think Ronnie will get killed off, and somehow Jay will end up being the other half of Firestorm. And I'm guessing that will probably happen here on Flash somewhere in the first seven episodes. Unless they save that part for the actual Legends pilot?

I think Ronnie will actually die this time, because just separating him from Firestorm wouldn't have any impact on Caitlin. I'm guessing whatever happens to Ronnie is what starts her down the road to becoming Killer Frost.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

That's likely, and it sucks, because I actually like Caitlyn and Ronnie (SnowStorm, right?) together, and she already lost him once. And I thought this was a much better role for Robbie than when he was on Tomorrow People.

Speaking of Killer Frost, can we get the people who did Hawkgirl's costume to work on KF's costume? Minus leather or corsets?

• Love 4

Just speculating here, but if it turns out that Barry is somehow responsible for what happens to Ronnie, I think that could end up being the wedge that drives Caitlin away from Team Flash. I don't know how exactly that might play out - there could be several different scenarios. But if it is set up in such a way that Caitlin blames Barry for Ronnie's death, that might explain her going dark side.

There's another villain besides Atomsmasher in the latest trailer; does anyone know who it is? Character or actor? He's not really wearing a costume. But I know his casting was reported earlier this summer, but for the life of me I can't find the news item, or mention of it in these forums.

EW Spoiler Room:

Anything on The Flash would be great, especially regarding Iris West or WestAllen, thank you! — What Other Girls?

How about scoop on everyone? Apparently I’m a big fan of lightning rounds because I got EP Andrew Kreisberg to give me a quick scoop for each Flash character. Ready? Set. Scoop! Barry: “New love.” Iris: “Face from the past.” Caitlin: “Brrrr.” Cisco: “Metahuman.” Wells: “Alive?” Joe: “Stalwart.” Ronnie: “Bravery.” Henry: “Heart.” Jay: “Broken.” Patty: “Delightful.”

Edited by Trini

Got this tidbit from io9 that I don't think we've seen, but maybe we have:

http://io9.com/marvel-may-have-found-the-absolute-perfect-person-to-pl-1729984867

Just like with Colton Haynes, who eventually one day put on the Arsenal costume, I wouldn’t be surprised if one day Wally West becomes Kid Flash.

Part of the season is watching Barry mature and grow up not just as The Flash, but as Barry Allen. Suddenly introducing him to a bit of a wayward kid who has some attitude problems and some authority issues and is quick with a sassy remark — all of which is very Wally West — and then watching Wally integrate into S.T.A.R. Labs universe, but also just the world of these characters, is going to be a lot of the fun of the back half of the year.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that the part I bolded is going to happen. I've been waiting for Barry to grow up and take charge more and make his own decisions. I like Team Flash, but part of my issue with them has always been that they seemed to make Barry too young and the writers tend to make them look smarter at Barry's expense. I hope this means Barry will mature in his career as well. He's supposed to be almost a genius. No more asking how fast he'd have to run up the side of a building, when, as a physicist, he would know this.

And can we see him starting to explore the physics of his powers too? And the speed force? Can we see Barry attempt more things like using his arms to blow out a fire? Phasing through stuff? Accessing the speed force?

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I think he's going to die. At this point I'll actually be surprised if he doesn't.

Yeah - I think he actually might be dead in the premiere - or gone - sucked through the wormhole.

I saw one of CP's interviews and she was talking about friendship with Caitlin and how they aren't necessarily going to be that right now, but they did - and then she stopped realizing she was about to give away a spoiler... I think she was about to say they share in common losing the man they loved.

So Ronnie will be gone... not surprised - although I don't really see Robbie Amell as a movie star... unless they find the right niche for him I don't see it.

I thought he would die in the season finale (or Henry would), but they threw me off by killing Eddie. The fact that Ronnie's not in the room, but Martin and everyone else is when Jay Garrick says their world is in danger makes me nervous that he did die during the singularity. I want him and Caitlin to at least get the summer together.

• Love 2

Yeah - now that spoiler pic makes a lot more sense. Poor Caitlin.

So - about the mama west spoilers: does anyone think that she's a time traveler or from Earth 2?

Based on the comics, so I'll spoiler tag this:

I'm just playing with the idea of Iris at some point being a time traveler - maybe they'll switch it up and instead of Iris being a time traveler, Mama West will be?

Or maybe she's just a dead beat mom.

I just feel like there's a big twist there - unless she just ran off with some dude and Wally ends up being Iris' half brother.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

So - about the mama west spoilers: does anyone think that she's a time traveler or from Earth 2?

Based on the comics, so I'll spoiler tag this:

I'm just playing with the idea of Iris at some point being a time traveler - maybe they'll switch it up and instead of Iris being a time traveler, Mama West will be?

I'd like that, it'd be a cool way to include her, seeing as how she was almost completely ignored in Season 1. It would be a better twist than...

Or maybe she's just a dead beat mom.

I just feel like there's a big twist there - unless she just ran off with some dude and Wally ends up being Iris' half brother.

... which would be lame. 

Also, I have a wish that they connect Barry's dad and Iris' mom somehow -- not romantically. Just me, or is Henry Allen way too cool with being in prison for a crime he didn't commit? Maybe Iris' mother had something to do with that? Maybe she shared some future knowledge with him?

• Love 1

Lol, it's not just you. I also thought Henry was way too cool with it at times last season. I know he was trying to keep up a good front for Barry before, but that man is the most laidback innocent prisoner in history. I'd be pissed if I was him. And actually, now that there's no way to prove his innocence, they probably need to spring him from prison, right? I mean, they can't just leave him there forever. I bet they bust him out this year and send him to Earth-2 or something, so he can live a new life.

• Love 2

Lol, it's not just you. I also thought Henry was way too cool with it at times last season. I know he was trying to keep up a good front for Barry before, but that man is the most laidback innocent prisoner in history. I'd be pissed if I was him. And actually, now that there's no way to prove his innocence, they probably need to spring him from prison, right? I mean, they can't just leave him there forever. I bet they bust him out this year and send him to Earth-2 or something, so he can live a new life.

I've been thinking a lot about poor Henry. Yeah - he does seem awfully laid back and well adjusted for being in prison so long. He's like the perfect dad - amazing. I'd be Count of Monte Cristo-ing my way out of that joint and gathering intel on who put me there so I could enact my revenge!

And now that Eobard is gone, how are they supposed to get Henry out of prison? It just sucks. I fear he'll die in there.

I love JWS though, so I don't want that to happen.

I just realized a parallel between The Flash and Smallville. Henry is used kinda like Jor-El in Smallville (or maybe just Superman), while Joe is more like Pa Kent. Henry can only intervene in the story as a wise sage, giving support and advice to Barry but being unable to interact with him "for real", while Joe is the one who took Barry in when he lost his parents.

I don't know if they ever intend to get JWS out.

• Love 1

And now that Eobard is gone, how are they supposed to get Henry out of prison? It just sucks. I fear he'll die in there.

I remember there was speculation that one of Barry's dads would die last season. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Henry, but I realize he's the most expendable. I want him to get out, but you're right; he does play the Sage role, and I'm not sure what they would do with him if he did get out.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Well in

Comics, I believe he dies in prison of a heart attack?

, so I imagine that they could eventually go that route. Honestly Barry has 2 dad figures - if they go by Smallville's formula, then Joe would actually go first... then Henry?

I just wonder how long we'll have both dad figures on the show.

I enjoy Barry's relationship with Henry but I wouldn't mind if he was sent to another earth or they kill him off. I would prefer if they sent him somewhere instead killing him. But I'm okay with them killing him off.

Edited by SevenStars

I think we already had most of this info, but here's the Season 2, episode 1 synopsis:

The Man Who Saved Central City (Ep# 201)

BARRY DECIDES HE NEEDS TO PROTECT THE CITY ON HIS OWN -- Picking up months after the Singularity attacked Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is still struggling to forgive himself for Eddie's death. Concerned about putting his friends in danger, Barry has pushed everyone away and has chosen to protect the city on his own. When a meta-human named Atom Smasher (guest star Adam Copeland) attacks the city, Iris (Candice Patton) tells Barry that he needs to let his friends help him protect the citizens of Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) helps Joe (Jesse L. Martin) with his Meta Task Force.

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Gabrielle Stanton (#201). Original airdate 10/6/2015

Oooh, Cisco/Joe scenes are usually fun!

• Love 2

There's a 6-minute Sneak Peek of Season 2 if you buy the season pass at iTunes; and someone put it online. I saw it and I'm geeking out that they recreated the 'Flash of Two Worlds' cover, not just for a poster, but in an episode!

There's a 6-minute Sneak Peek of Season 2 if you buy the season pass at iTunes; and someone put it online. I saw it and I'm geeking out that they recreated the 'Flash of Two Worlds' cover, not just for a poster, but in an episode!

I think our theories about Ronnie are further bolstered in this episode. I think.

It's just a bit disappointing. I thought the casting and set-up for Firestorm was one of the things that really worked well in the first season, and now it looks like we're losing half of it. And the other half is moving to a new show.

• Love 1

I also really dislike how both women are losing their significant other at the same time. Especially since both couples had just been reunited and decided to look past the odds and go all in for the relationship. Doing it once, okay. But making that happen to both female characters at the same time just seems kind of cheap.

And in other news, did anyone see the pic Stephen Amell posted of him and Grant in suits? Not sure if it's for Arrow or Flash, but people were speculating it was for a funeral scene.

12002869_928163057268962_132335990966313

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 1

Guh... hot guys in suits...

Anyhoo, I hope not. I'm trying to think of a more positive idea. Outdoor wedding? Business meeting? Formal luncheon? They haven't revealed any major deaths; if Ronnie dies, presumably it's near the start of the season. Whose funeral would it be?

Hmmm... nice suits.

As far as them doing that to Caitlin and Iris at the same time - I wonder if the show is making a play about destiny. Both ladies have destinies - Iris as the future Matriarch of the Flash Family Lineage and Barry's wife, Caitlin as Killer Frost. I wonder if they are going for KF faster than I thought...

A tiny bit of new info:
Matt's Inside Line:

Have you seen The Flash premiere yet? If so, how is it?? –Janelle

I got around to it the other day, and by and large it is quite satisfying. You will (eventually) see exactly how the “singularity” was dealt with, and why that seeming victory has, sadly, splintered Team Flash in multiple directions. A highly entertaining bromance gets a big boost, one could argue that the foundation for Caitlin’s fated alter ego is laid, and there is a montage toward the end that is simply wonderful and loaded with heart. All that said, I’d be lying if I didn’t acknowledge a major “What the heck?” moment in the penultimate scene, a zag that actually had me yelling, “What the heck?” (or saltier words to that effect) at my laptop screen.

Well, they do seem to like doing end of the episode twists, so no surprise there.

Episode 2.02 description:

"Flash of Two Worlds" -

INTRODUCING JAY GARRICK - Jay Garrick (guest star Teddy Sears), a mysterious man from Earth-2, appears at S.T.A.R. Labs with a dire warning about an evil speedster named Zoom, who is set on destroying The Flash. Barry and the team must decide if they can trust this stranger even as they face yet another powerful meta-human. Meanwhile, Joe must deal with a determined officer named Patty Spivot (guest star Shantel VanSanten) who wants to join his meta-human task force.

Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

(#202). Original airdate 10/13/2015.

Edited by Trini