Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Well, Oliver's standing there because it's his show- if it was Lance, I'm sure Laurel and probably Sara will have their share of grief scenes over the death. But yeah, I just can't see that Barry would miss the funeral of anybody like Diggle or Thea and Oliver just dismisses it as "Zoom" and nods. It just seems like Lance is the most expendable person on that show to me.

The scene appeared to be after the funeral was over. Oliver was standing there for his own manpain.

I also think it was only Oliver because he's the only character we know is safe. Leaving all the other characters fate up in the air. Adding Barry was probably to make shippers got crazy thinking it's Felicity. However having Oliver have such a subdued reaction makes it seem like anyone else but her. The writers are just trolling everyone. 

• Love 2

Yay! The season 2 trailer we've been waiting for. Can't wait to see more of Dr. Light. And what is happening to Prof. Stein?

I'm thinking whatever is happening with Dr. Stein is related to a new half for a new Firestorm...

That was a cool trailer...

• Love 1

On re-watch; I hope they're not implying that this Dr. Light is the villain version. They already killed off Plastique; I'd like to see another female superhero.

Edited by Trini

Wait who was Dr. Light? I feel like i'm missing something.

You're not missing anything - neither Dr. Light has appeared on the show yet. This article briefly explains the characters, but basically there's a male Dr. Light (bad) and female Dr. Light (good) - IIRC, last season there was one line about male Dr. Light being a psycho, and female Dr. Light is the metahuman in the trailer wearing the black-and-white costume.

Edited by coppersin

There's a lot of controversy behind the male Dr. Light (i.e. being retconned from an incompetent boob into a serial rapist who was mindwiped by Zatanna and the Justice League, complete with Barry casting the deciding vote for the wipe) so they'll probably want to avoid using him.  His powers make him a better foil for a Green Lantern anyway. 

Hopefully the show's Dr. Light gets a better looking mask since what she has looks kind of goofy. 

That sizzle reel did nothing for me. Other then wondering why Iris  ( hopefully that brown leather jacket and the jeans becomes her iconic look) is jumping out of a window.  Hawkgirl and Patty's introductions felt underwhelming. Zoom has a cool voice and the special effects are cool but eh, I expected more.

Edited by Oscirus

I think Flash is starting out slow this season. The premiere didn't excite me nor did their sizzle reel. Some how for me this second season feels like its going to be a hit or miss for me and I actually am not even upset. Here's to hoping it picks up. The first season had me excited for Tuesday night to roll around this season hasn't got the same enthusiasm from me yet. Hopefully it will come after a few more episodes.

Edited by Ann Mack
Yay! The season 2 trailer we've been waiting for.

Yeah I liked this one whole lot, I feel like the speed of the season is picking up now.

Love the Iris voice overs, looking forward to Kendra/Hawkgirl and Zoom is turning out to be interesting. Haven't really found a reason to care about Jay but cant wait to see another world/universe.

Its  cute that Barry & Oliver are hanging out, but I hope Barry was joking, that comment kind of ruins the moment. True Oliver hasnt been the best hero to his city, lately but he saved  Star City many times. 

Edited by WildcardC

I think Flash is starting out slow this season.

This season would've been infinitely more interesting if for the first 3 Barry was the one on Earth 2 and the gang the ones who had to rely on a new Flash. It's the classic show vs. tell. Having the protagonist experience Earth 2 instead of being told about it from the new guy would've made a big difference.

• Love 4

Yeah I liked this one whole lot, I feel like the speed of the season is picking up now.

Love the Iris voice overs, looking forward to Kendra/Hawkgirl and Zoom is turning out to be interesting. Haven't really found a reason to care about Jay but cant wait to see another world/universe.

Its cute that Barry & Oliver are hanging out, but I hope Barry was joking, that comment kind of ruins the moment. True Oliver hasnt been the best hero to his city, lately but he saved Star City many times.

Wasn't it obvious he was? They both smiled and laughed at it.
  • Love 1

Shantel VanSanten and Grant Gustin both tweeted out a set pic of them shooting a scene with Barry and Patty in pajamas (looks like a sleepover), and it occurred to me that probably the real reason they wanted to give Barry a new love interest was so he could get some action before Iris happens, since he got zero last season.

And I just don't quite get why they couldn't accomplish this with a simple one night stand instead of a new character who will suck up screentime from the more important regulars and play out a long, drawn out, pointless relationship that's doomed anyway (it's pretty obviously a stalling romance, like Ray and Sara were on Arrow, except that they had superhero roles to play at least). I mean, come on- I can already tell that Iris is getting sidelined again and in favor of this? Really? Bringing on a character like that, who's not going to serve a plot purpose except to steal screentime from others, is so not necessary.

They just don't want Iris to be the first person that Barry sleeps with.

Edited by Ruby25
  • Love 2

Hmmm... nice suits.

As far as them doing that to Caitlin and Iris at the same time - I wonder if the show is making a play about destiny. Both ladies have destinies - Iris as the future Matriarch of the Flash Family Lineage and Barry's wife, Caitlin as Killer Frost. I wonder if they are going for KF faster than I thought...

Late reply and all, but y'all really need to make an alternate initialism for Killer Frost, because where I'm from (the world of comics fans) that stands for Kid Flash.

Hopefully the show's Dr. Light gets a better looking mask since what she has looks kind of goofy. 

Her design is just way too close to Donna Troy's Troya costume and Carol Ferris's Star Sapphire one. I'm assuming they'd change it to not confuse viewers, since their choice of villains in this universe definitely is assuming a lot of us are Teen Titans fans. Also, it just seems sort of hard to show on TV...

What's up with TPTB being sketchy about who is playing Dr. Light? Is it someone we've already met? Is the part actually going to be really small? Non-speaking?

Yes, it;s someone we've already met -

Linda Park. 

• Love 1

Yay! More Malese Jow, this time with an actual storyline. I was pretty "meh" on Linda last year, but I love her in everything else I've ever seen and the Australian promo looks good. Plus, it passed the Bechdel test twice already. That's never happened before.

I'm hoping this leads to seeing an Iris/Linda friendship. With Wally coming on board, it would make sense to keep Linda around to pop up every once in awhile.

If Francine left Iris when she was 3 or 4 and had Wally 8 months later that would make him about 21 to Iris's 26ish age.

My prediction: they're going to introduce several people's doppelgangers in the lead up to the revelation of Zoom being Earth-2 Barry.

I like this idea. I actually expected Barry (or a version of him) to be s1 big bad, but better late than never.

I'd rather Zoom be anyone BUT Barry.

But if they do have him be Barry, I'm guessing it's an older version, and Shipp will play him. So, kinda Henry...

Edited by Trini

I thought I'd expand on this Zoom is Barry thing.

I have another theory, assuming that we're right and Zoom IS Earth-2 Barry. I think we'll probably get an origin of Zoom episode that takes place on Earth-2 (or at least as much of it as the Arrow flashbacks), and my guess is we find out he became evil because Iris dies somehow. And that maybe Zoom won't go after Iris on Earth-1 for that reason.

Plausible? This of course won't get revealed until the back half of the season, maybe an episode in the mid to late teens.

• Love 1

That'd be interesting, but oh so man-pain-ish. It doesn't explain though why Zoom is obsessed with being the only speedster. Unless he can steal speed? Did Jay say he lost his speed or that Zoom took it?

My money is still on Eddie as Cobalt Blue. Or Henry. Barry seems too obvious at the moment. But there was that scene of Barry behind bars in the S1 finale.

• Love 1

That'd be interesting, but oh so man-pain-ish. It doesn't explain though why Zoom is obsessed with being the only speedster. Unless he can steal speed? Did Jay say he lost his speed or that Zoom took it?

My money is still on Eddie as Cobalt Blue. Or Henry. Barry seems too obvious at the moment. But there was that scene of Barry behind bars in the S1 finale.

Exactly, that's why they would do it! And yes, the Barry behind bars stuff could happen this season too...I wasn't sure if that was a hint for something way down the road though, with the famous Trial of Barry Allen storyline from the 80's. That's what I thought that was referring to, but it could also work for this, obviously.

I have another theory, assuming that we're right and Zoom IS Earth-2 Barry. I think we'll probably get an origin of Zoom episode that takes place on Earth-2 (or at least as much of it as the Arrow flashbacks), and my guess is we find out he became evil because Iris dies somehow. And that maybe Zoom won't go after Iris on Earth-1 for that reason.

Huh, I've once seen an anime with a similar premise. Only it had like three versions of a character - from our world, a future one from an alternative universe and another future one from another alternative universe who was the Big Bad. And yeah, two of them lost their love (who was the heroine).

Anyway, I think it's a pretty likely version.

Also, if Zoom is stealing the speed of all speedsters, does it mean we'll get to see E2 Eobard Thawne or is he already dead/protected by being from the future?

Edited by FurryFury

I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Ok, so E2 Linda Park is "Dr. Light", E2 Harrison Wells is a "dick" who created Zoom, E2 Jesse Quick is Harrison's daughter and is being held captive in a cage by Zoom. I wonder if that is underground at Star Labs or something. "Harry" said that Zoom can make people do things out of character-- I wonder if that extends to him. I wonder if Zoom sent him to try to lure Barry in to facing him so Zoom can steal his powers. Or maybe he's hoping Barry can somehow get her back. I wonder if she's in one of the cages where Grodd would have been kept or something. I also wonder if she and Harry will stick around on E1.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm a bit tired right now.