Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)
Will the new season of The Flash explain why Robbie Amell isn’t signed on for Legends of Tomorrow? — Rienne

Yes! According to Victor Garber, you’ll find out what’s going on with Ronnie Raymond in the season premiere. Also, the first seven episodes of both The Flash and Arrow will act as a “table setting” for Legends, says EP Marc Guggenheim. “We’re putting pieces back on the chessboard,” which includes actually introducing Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée), aka Hawkgirl, on The Flash first.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once, Arrow, Blacklist and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted July 17 2015 — 1:59 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/17/spoiler-room-scoop-once-upon-a-time-arrow-blacklist-and-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Great! So instead of developing the characters that they basically failed to develop in the first season, the writers are instead concentrating on developing the spin-off instead.  I have an idea, instead of just having crossovers from the other dc series, they should also start having crossovers from all cw series. 

Edited by Oscirus

Yeah, I'm a little wary about Arrow and Flash using their entire beginning part of the season to spin off Legends. Does that basically mean nothing really relevant to itself will happen on the Flash until the second half?

• Love 2
(edited)

EW Spoiler Room:

Is there anything you can tease about Jay Garrick coming to The Flash? — Derek

As the season aims to explore Barry finessing his powers, Jay Garrick’s arrival is “going to have an impact on everybody on Team Flash,” according to Danielle Panabaker. “He’s going to be a very cool mentor to Barry and he’s going to help Barry expand his powers and the things that he’s capable of doing.”

Anything Legends of Tomorrow would be appreciated. — Shawn

As you may have heard, Carter Hall, aka Hawkman, is coming to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but I hear we’ll actually see him pop up on The Flash and Arrow first. Described as charismatic and wise beyond his years, Hawkman is a natural-born leader with an abundance of charm and confidence—well, that’s because he’s 5,000 years old. Much like the comic book iteration, Carter retains his memories of his past lives each time he is reborn, though his lover (aka Hawkgirl) is born anew. In other words, Kendra Saunders will have no idea who he is at first.

Edited by Trini
(edited)

Yeah, I'm curious too. I'm crossing my fingers that it's something cool like occasional drop-ins in an alternate universe where we can see him and all our regular characters leading parallel lives. I think that'd be wild and really creative- to do an ongoing story set in another universe that will eventually spill into the regular one or something.

But even saying that, I feel like it might be too radical for this show. I don't know if they'd want to attempt it.

Edited by Ruby25

It's not too radical an idea; that was the the storyline for Fringe Season 3. But that show had two seasons of buildup to that. I doubt if they could handle something like that here -- let's see how they handle the multiple crossovers this coming season.

Oh- I never watched Fringe. I still think it'd be a cool idea. I'm not sure why it needs build-up, we already know there's other timelines and universes, so all we'd have to do is drop in on one and see what everybody's doing.

Wally West cast.

Keiynan Lonsdale (Dance Academy, the film Insurgent) has joined the CW superhero drama in the series-regular role of Wally West, TVLine has learned.

Lonsdale’s character — who will make his debut in the winter — becomes the speedster known as Kid Flash in the comics lore. In assorted DC Comics iterations, Wally has been both the nephew of Iris West and husband to Linda Park (who was played during Season 1 by Malese Jow).

“Just like when we met [star] Grant [Gustin] for the first time, we instantly knew Keiynan embodied all the heart and courage of a hero,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said in a statement. “We are so excited to be bringing this much-beloved character onto the show.”

Edited by Trini

Wow- they're bringing Wally West in as a series regular? And as a guy who's pretty much the same age as Grant, so he's probably not going to be another Roy.

Honestly, given the reaction this has gotten on twitter (Wally is clearly the most popular Flash), I wonder if this could become a show with two leads.

Wow- they're bringing Wally West in as a series regular? And as a guy who's pretty much the same age as Grant, so he's probably not going to be another Roy.

Honestly, given the reaction this has gotten on twitter (Wally is clearly the most popular Flash), I wonder if this could become a show with two leads.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him. This is the best spoiler I've heard so far for next season. I hope this means the writers will take the time to actually develop the West family, especially Iris outside of being Barry's LI.

For the first time i'm looking forward to next season.

When I first read the news, somehow I completely skipped over that "series regular" part. Really? They're going to try and have 3 Flashes around at the same time? But they say he's appearing in 'winter' (probably after the Holiday/December break) so maybe Jay Garrick's arc will be over by then.

I don't know about two leads; if only because I don't think they'd want change the premise of the show so soon.

I wonder if the relationship with Iris will be the same; in the comics Wally is her nephew, but so far they've never mentioned a brother (and barely her mother). I think it'd be lame if they pretended that everyone knew about a brother we've never heard of this whole time.

----

And Cavanugh must be playing Zoom; they would have announced that casting by now, right?

Edited by Trini

I'm thinking they are going to make Wally her cousin. It'll be easier to buy that Joe has a sibling we never heard any mention of than Iris. 

I wonder if they'll bring Linda back for Wally. 

Well he could if they went the Fantastic Four route, but ...

My serious first reaction to this - not trying to be offensive - was ugh, largely because we already have a foster kid plot.  Why repeat that with an adoption plot?

Anyway, fingers crossed this will give Iris more to do in the second season.

• Love 1

Wally's going to be a regular? I hope he's not getting powers this season. We're still watching Barry learn to use his. We don't need two Flash origins happening at the same time. Plus, I want adequate time for Cisco and Caitlin's superhero (or villain) storylines.

• Love 1
Is there anything you can tease about what happened to Barry on The Flash? — Jeremy

Well, it sounds like that singularity leads to a pretty familiar place. In speaking about the great care they took with making their version of time travel both easy to digest and complex enough to be exciting for the diehard fans in season 1, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says, “We’re trying to do the same thing this year with Earth 2 and the concept of the multiverse and the concept of dopplegangers. We’ve been having a lot of fun with that and getting glimpses of Earth 2 probably sooner than people would’ve thought.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Grey's, Flash, Castle and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS Posted August 7 2015 — 12:17 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/07/spoiler-room-greys-castle-flash-spoilers

SHOOT: THE FLASH’s Cisco (Carlos Valdes) & Lisa Snart (Peyton List) in Downtown Vancouver

August 6, 2015

http://yvrshoots.com/2015/08/shoot-the-flashs-cisco-carlos-valdes-xxx-peyton-list-in-downtown-vancouver.html#.VcZNN_lVikq

Edited by tv echo

From TV Guide's Fall Preview...

Returning Fall Shows: Where We Left Off

The Flash
Premieres:
Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: Wells offered Barry a deal: Let him return home and Barry would be able to save his mother's life. Barry went back in time, but decided not to save his mother. Back in the present, Barry and Wells fought it out and right when Wells was going to kill Barry, Eddie shot himself, thereby wiping Wells out of existence. Oh, and Ronnie and Caitlin got married.

What's Next: Season 2 will introduce multiple universes, which could explain how Tom Cavanagh is returning as a series regular, and characters from Earth 2. This means we'll be getting two new speedsters, Jay Garrick (Teddy Spears) and Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale). And Barry will need all the help they can offer since Zoom, the season's villain, is faster than even Reverse Flash and The Flash. Barry will also get a new love interest, Patty Spivot (Shanel VanSanten), Joe West's new partner. Though the season picks up a few months after the events of the finale, Barry and Cisco will both still be dealing with the fallout. Eddie's sacrifice will leave Barry struggling with his role as a hero and isolating himself from the team. Meanwhile, Cisco is faced with exploring his metahuman abilities that Wells pointed out.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2015-returning-fall-shows/photo/87f1c67a-fc31-4dcc-9e37-7d9dbd3de71e/

Edited by tv echo
1. The Flash is prepping for another flashback hour.

"We're working on episode four, which is exciting, [and] there is a flashback to the night of the particle accelerator explosion, from somebody else's perspective which we haven't seen before. It's a good one," Kreisberg said.

4. Arrow and The Flash will play host to Legends storylines as the spinoff waits for its midseason launch.

To prep for the characters in Legends to get to their starting point for the show, Arrow and The Flash will showcase a few of the prequel journeys.

"Both Arrow and Flash are helping to set those things up, in both big ways and small ways, which is lovely," Kreisberg said. "The mystery of what happened with Palmer (Brandon Routh) is playing out on Arrow. Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) will also be playing out in the first seven episodes. The Flash, we obviously have Firestorm and Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Ronnie Raymond (Robbie Amell). And Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renee) lives in Central City in the Flash finale. Getting to know her. There's going to be a lot happening leading up to the crossover, which is serving as a [quasi] pilot for Legends."

5. The Flash will bring back Purcell's Heat Wave ... with a twist.

"Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold) and I did a scene a couple of weeks back [on The Flash]," Purcell teased. "But it was part of The Flash's dream sequence. [And] I know they're developing Captain Cold's relationship with Captain Cold's sister [there]. I think they're going to flesh Heat Wave out in Legends."

'Arrow,' 'The Flash,' 'Legends of Tomorrow,' 'Supergirl' Boss Spills 7 Teases

AUGUST 12, 2015 9:05am PT by Marisa Roffman

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-flash-legends-tomorrow-supergirl-814747

Edited by tv echo

Ask Ausiello: No actual new info on Wally, but another comics character is coming,

Question: Any scoop on how The Flash‘s Wally will be related to the Wests? Brother? Cousin? And how he will appear on the show? —Cilla

Ausiello: It sounds like the spinoff will be putting its own twist on Keiynan Lonsdale’s junior speedster when it returns on Oct. 6. “We are a doing our special Flash magic where we take a comic book character and give it just a little bit of a ‘Hmmm,’ so that you’re like, “Oh!” showrunner Gabrielle Stanton says. And while she’s mum on specifics, Stanton did tease that Wally will be incorporated “in a really, really cool way… that I don’t think the audience will see coming. He will definitely have a very interesting and close relationship Team Flash.”

Question: Flash scoop, please! —Tatiana

Ausiello: Arrow addicts may recall Cisco and Caitlin making mention of ex-S.T.A.R. Labs employee Doctor Light when they first appeared in Season 2’s “The Man Under the Hood.” Turns out, that was some stealthy foreshadowing. Stanton tells us that the metahuman will turn up this season on The Flash — but “it’s going to be the female version” of the character.

I've never heard of Doctor Light, but both versions of the character sound cool, from my quick glance at their wiki pages.

Edited by Trini
Question: Any scoop on how The Flash‘s Wally will be related to the Wests? Brother? Cousin? And how he will appear on the show? —Cilla

Ausiello: It sounds like the spinoff will be putting its own twist on Keiynan Lonsdale’s junior speedster when it returns on Oct. 6. “We are a doing our special Flash magic where we take a comic book character and give it just a little bit of a ‘Hmmm,’ so that you’re like, “Oh!” showrunner Gabrielle Stanton says. And while she’s mum on specifics, Stanton did tease that Wally will be incorporated “in a really, really cool way… that I don’t think the audience will see coming. He will definitely have a very interesting and close relationship Team Flash.”

Am I crazy to think that maybe Wally will be Iris and Barry's son from the future in this version?

That was my first thought when they announced the casting; because wasn't one of the versions of Kid Flash and/or Impulse the Flash's son? (I could be wrong...) I don't think it's crazy; there are several ways they could have Wally be related to the Iris and Joe.

Edited by Trini

That was my first thought when they announced the casting; because wasn't one of the versions of Kid Flash and/or Impulse the Flash's son? (I could be wrong...) I don't think it's crazy; there are several ways they could have Wally be related to the Iris and Joe.

I was thinking of that too but the "West" last name made me kind of easy off that theory because I would assume he would have Barry's last night. So I'm thinking he might be Joe's nephew or long lost son.

I really hope he's not Joe's son. I don't think we need yet another father-son story to play out.

I agree and even thought I brought it up, I don't think the writers would do it cause they would see it as taking away from the relationship Joe has with Barry. I mean look at Iris' relationship with Joe. The writers refuse to spend time developing it. I hope this season changes that.

I was thinking of that too but the "West" last name made me kind of easy off that theory because I would assume he would have Barry's last night.

Could always be an alias or dropping the Allen part of a hyphenate. To me, a time traveler posing as a long-lost relative to gain access seems like a possibility. Maybe trying to prevent changes to the timeline from Wells' intervention or prevent the newspaper headline about Barry disappearing. 

After the quote posted above, Wally being just a cousin of Iris's feels unlikely.

It does, but then again, this character is so popular and famously being Iris's nephew, it feels like they'd have to keep him some kind of relation to the West family. I think being from the future is a possible twist.

I don't think he's Barry's son, but reading that I did think he's from the future.  Isn't Iris' comic backstory that she's from the distance future and was sent back in time as a child to protect her?  My guess is that story has been moved to Wally.

I would prefer it if they didn't take famous stories involving Iris away from her character, seeing as she's not a hero and if she has famous arcs of her own they might as well let her have them on the show, so she can at least have some good non-love interest related material. But I guess transferring it to Wally does sound plausible.

• Love 2

If the show's version of Wally is from the future I hope it's linked to Iris' plotline.

Not that I've heard anything about Iris having a plotline of her own.

I hope so too because I need Iris to be in something outside of being a LI for Barry.

Speaking of Iris;

On The Flash, will see more of Iris as the investigative reporter? –Carrie

Iris will be coming into her own as a journalist in Season 2 (premiering Oct. 6). “She has a really cool job, and she’s going to be standing on her own two feet a bit more,” showrunner Gabrielle Stanton previews. “She’s definitely going to be part of Team Flash more this season, and we’re definitely going to see more of her work life. We’re going to see her generate stories and be really proactive.” The EP then adds, “She’s struggling with the loss [of Eddie], but instead of letting it get her down, she’s going to use it to become the woman that she knows Eddie would have wanted her to be.”

Will Teddy Sears be recurring on The Flash, or a series regular? –Lashae

Sears is recurring as the first speedster, Jay Garrick.

Source.

From the Collider interview with producer Gabrielle Stanton:

... At the end of last season, with that singularity in the sky, Central City obviously knows there’s stuff going on. So, when we open up the season, The Flash and meta-humans, and the idea that there’s other stuff out there, is going to be a lot more in the zeitgeist. Joe is going to be working on the meta-human task force at the police station, so when a call comes in, if it’s a bank robber with wings and horns and he’s shooting fire, than they’ll probably send Joe.

So, new task force. I assume this is where Patty Spivot comes in?

... [iris is] definitely going to be more of a part of Team Flash because she knows all the secrets now and we don’t have to be hiding things from her. We’re going to see more of her, as a journalist who’s generating stories. Maybe Team Flash needs her help one week, and then she goes to them and says, “I need you.” We’re going to see a lot more of the world outside of STAR Labs, and Barry and Iris interacting in it.

I sure hope so.

How did you decide which version of Wally West that we get to see?

STANTON: We want to stay respectful and totally satisfy what the fans want out of this. But on the other hand, we also need to change the character, twist things and put our own spin on it, so that it’s not exactly what everyone expects. Otherwise, you’re like, “We’re introducing Wally West,” and someone looks it up on Wikipedia and knows the story, so they don’t watch. So, it will definitely be our twist on the Wally West character.

I guess it's good that I don't really have any set expectations about Wally?

We got to see a glimpse of Killer Frost in the Speed Force. Will we have to wait awhile to see that again?

STANTON: It’s going to be a slower burn on that. That was just to keep people guessing. Who knows when Killer Frost is going to turn up?...

By the third act of the season? Or the very end, like Season 1?

What is Cisco’s journey, this season?

STANTON: Wells was like a father to him and it was pretty devastating, losing him, and it was pretty devastating when he tried to kill him. So, he’s definitely going on a journey, this season. The second season of a show is always great because you’ve built up your main character, explored a little bit of him and sent him on his journey, and then you can fill in some of the other characters and get a deeper look into their psyches. We’re definitely going to be doing that, this year.

Will he get a love interest?

STANTON: He just may get one. That’s all I’m going to say. It’s possible. Even Golden Glider likes him.

I have to defend that Lois & Clark thing. Lois didn't know for two seasons, and then she knew for the last two. She didn't not know for like ten years, that's a major exaggeration.

Also, the BIG difference on L&C was that Lois was such an important character that her name was in the title, and Clark/Superman did not have a whole other team that knew and helped him out with everything. The show was always about the two of them, and it was set in the Daily Planet where no one knew Clark's identity (only his parents ever knew, really). Her not knowing he was Superman never once meant that she was sidelined on the show, as it did here with Iris.

Keeping Iris in the dark when the rest of the cast knew meant that she was a minor, even dumber character than everyone else. So yes, there are some major differences actually.

• Love 4

More info on Zoom:

Not to be outdone by all the fast-moving heroes, Season 2’s Big Bad will also ramp up his speed. “Zoom is just scary as all hell,” Stanton says of the new nemesis. And although he may resemble Eobard Thawne upon first impression, Stanton promises there will be no mistaking him for Barry’s previous foe once he’s introduced.

Zoom is going to be very different in terms of motivation, in terms of what he wants from The Flash, in terms of why he’s doing what he’s doing,” the EP teases. “I know a lot of people are thinking, ‘[Zoom and Reverse Flash] were so similar in the comics. What’s going to make them different?’ I guarantee no one will confuse him for one second with what we did last year. It’s actually much more different than people would think.”

So is that Matt Letscher 'Thawne', or Tom Cavanugh 'Thawne'? I'm pretty sure it's Cavanugh, though.

The Flash Casts Newcomer as Heroine Speedster Jesse Quick
By Michael Ausiello / August 25 2015, 10:15 AM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/08/25/the-flash-violent-beane-season-2-cast-jesse-quick/

Newcomer Violett Beane has been tapped to join Season 2 as DC Comics accelerator Jesse Quick, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Beane’s Jesse — who will appear in multiple episodes of the CW smash — is characterized as a brilliant but quirky college student who gets caught up in the battle between The Flash and Season 2 Big Bad (the not-yet-cast) Zoom.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Barry Allen’s love life is going to continue being complicated in season 2.

EW has learned exclusively that Malese Jow (The Vampire Diaries, Star-Crossed) will reprise her role as reporter and former Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) love interest Linda Park for multiple episodes.

“Linda Park will return as Iris West’s [Candice Patton] friend and colleague at Central Picture News and her past relationship with Barry will put both Iris and The Flash in unexpected danger,” executive producer Gabrielle Stanton teases.

A refresher: Barry and Linda’s short romance ended amid the Scarlet Speedster’s Groundhog Day-esque time travel adventure. Though it was an amicable split, things may get awkward in season 2 with the introduction of another Barry love interest, Patty Spivot (Shantal VanSanten).

This could be totally unrelated and have no bearing on Linda’s return, but in the world of the comics, Linda Park also happens to be the future wife of Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale), whom we’ll also meet this season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/25/flash-season-2-malese-jow-linda-park

I was wondering if they were going to bring her back, since they cast Wally. 

I hope the unexpected danger is she figures out Barry's the Flash because he's really terrible at keeping that a secret. Then she can meet Wally and date him making it kind of awkward for Iris and Barry. 

I'm also glad that Iris is getting a female friend. That is what most of this DC Verse is lacking in. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Another speedster this season? I'm about 90% sure you're getting a third season, so slow your roll, Kreisberg.

But yay! More Linda Park!

---
And ComicBook.com reports another villain(?) has been cast:

Demore Barnes has been cast as Henry Hewitt, better known as the Firestorm villain Tokamak, on The Flash, ComicBook.com has confirmed exclusively.

The CW describes the character as "a charming, but cocky scientist who was affected by the same Particle Accelerator explosion that created the Flash.  When Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) recruits him to join the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, Hewitt jumps at the opportunity to fulfill his destiny as a powerful meta-human."

The link describes how the comic character is different.

I have to defend that Lois & Clark thing. Lois didn't know for two seasons, and then she knew for the last two. She didn't not know for like ten years, that's a major exaggeration.

Also, the BIG difference on L&C was that Lois was such an important character that her name was in the title, and Clark/Superman did not have a whole other team that knew and helped him out with everything. The show was always about the two of them, and it was set in the Daily Planet where no one knew Clark's identity (only his parents ever knew, really). Her not knowing he was Superman never once meant that she was sidelined on the show, as it did here with Iris.

Keeping Iris in the dark when the rest of the cast knew meant that she was a minor, even dumber character than everyone else. So yes, there are some major differences actually.

Thank you - I thought the same thing. Although I took comfort that she compared Iris and Barry to Lois and Clark and hope that she writes them more like that this season. This part of the interview:

She’s definitely going to be more of a part of Team Flash because she knows all the secrets now and we don’t have to be hiding things from her. We’re going to see more of her, as a journalist who’s generating stories. Maybe Team Flash needs her help one week, and then she goes to them and says, “I need you.” We’re going to see a lot more of the world outside of STAR Labs, and Barry and Iris interacting in it.

Makes me feel like Stanton seems Iris and Barry a bit more like Lois and Clark and might actually write them more like that, with a little more focus on stories as they develop outside of Star Labs, like maybe at City Picture News and with Iris working more closely with Barry in his role as CSI?

It would make the most sense and that would fulfill Stanton's claim that Iris will be generating stories. That's HUGE.

This better not be Stanton overstating Iris' role next season like they overstated her becoming a reporter last season.  But for the first time I'm almost hopeful.

ETA:  Yay Linda Park!!!

Edited by phoenics

Makes me feel like Stanton seems Iris and Barry a bit more like Lois and Clark and might actually write them more like that, with a little more focus on stories as they develop outside of Star Labs, like maybe at City Picture News and with Iris working more closely with Barry in his role as CSI?

It would make the most sense and that would fulfill Stanton's claim that Iris will be generating stories. That's HUGE.

This better not be Stanton overstating Iris' role next season like they overstated her becoming a reporter last season.  But for the first time I'm almost hopeful.

Actually, if she is taking cues from Lois & Clark, that would be a really good thing, because that would place Barry & Iris's relationship as absolutely essential to the show, like L&C's was. I would love that, but I'm just not sure it's really going to happen, because this show is frankly much more of an ensemble the way they set it up at Star Labs and everything.

I'll be honest, if Caitlin and Cisco didn't exist (or weren't regulars), and the show actually was set at the police department with say only Joe knowing Barry's secret or something, and Iris being involved with the department as a reporter...I'm pretty positive that the Barry and Iris love story would be much more crucial to the series.

But that'd be a different show, too. And closer to the comics history, with more things centered on Barry's actual job. Frankly, I think the Barry/Iris story warrants a heavy focus, since they are such an iconic couple, but these producers were obviously more interested in duplicating the Arrow formula as closely as possible by having a "gang" that all works together (which I think was taken from Buffy in the first place).

If they wanted to try a little harder, they could have done their own thing, with a different kind of set-up. That was the only thing that bugged me about the first season, some of the formulaic stuff they obviously took from Arrow (including Eddie being a superfluous character whose only purpose was to be sacrificed, ala Tommy Merlyn).

Edited by Ruby25
  • Love 2