Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Eddie's gonna propose.

Iris doesn't look too happy, but she may change her mind.

If we follow the comic book spoilers then

Iris has a bout of amnesia and a vibrating hand to the head coming to her in the near future

(edited)

Yeah I think I'll be done with the show if they'll do the 

amnesia

. This is so unbelievably overused for love interests and never ever done well.

I'm right there with you. Though I'm enjoying the story of the Flash and thought the Wells stuff this week was good, the way they are handling Iris is annoying me to the point of nearly turning off this show. If they go this route, further destroying her agency, I'll likely be done with this show.

Regarding Eddie's proposal, wouldn't it be great if at this point, Iris has learned about Eddie (and the other's) lies, and in that picture she's telling him "are you kidding me? Do you actually think I'll marry you after the lies you've told?" A woman can dream right.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3

I'm right there with you. Though I'm enjoying the story of the Flash and thought the Wells stuff this week was good, the way they are handling Iris is annoying me to the point of nearly turning off this show. If they go this route, further destroying her agency, I'll likely be done with this show.

Regarding Eddie's proposal, wouldn't it be great if at this point, Iris has learned about Eddie (and the other's) lies, and in that picture she's telling him "are you kidding me? Do you actually think I'll marry you after the lies you've told?" A woman can dream right.

I want this, I really really want this to be what happens. Iris doesn't even need to know Barry is the Flash to make it work she only needs to be aware that Eddie has brought into her father's over protective nonsense and lied to her about Mason. 

Barry and her father lied to her for longer and about more important stuff. If she dumps Eddie because of his lies, I'd want her to be mad at them too, but this will never happen (at least for longer than an ep or two).

• Love 1

From TV Line:

http://tvline.com/2015/04/01/the-leftovers-season-2-texas-spoilers-ask-ausiello/

Question: Do you have any quality info about The Flash that you can share? —Brandy

Ausiello: Barry and Joe’s decision to clue Eddie in on The Flash’s identity while keeping Iris in the dark is going to cause plenty of disagreement within the trio. “Eddie, as the much more emotionally in-touch character, is like, ‘This is ridiculous. By not telling her, you’re actually putting her in more danger,'” exec producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. “That starts to become the conflict between the three men, because Eddie is not happy with how Barry and Joe have been handling this. It starts to really impact his relationship with Iris.” It’ll also force Barry to take a good, long look at himself — and he won’t like what he sees. Teases Kreisberg: “Barry will go, ‘Wait, when did I become such a great liar? I thought of myself as so innocent and pure.'”

Question: Flash spoilers? —Andy

Ausiello: Did you see these date night photos from the April 14 episode, featuring the arrival of two Arrow residents in Central City? Allow Kreisberg to explain: “Eddie, Iris, Barry, Felicity and Ray all go out for dinner. Everybody is talking about their feelings, and Eddie and Iris get into a fight. Barry’s the fifth wheel.” Adds Rick Cosnett (Eddie): “Brandon Routh and I had a lot of fun with that scene. We all don’t know what to say, because there’s so much going on with Wells and with everyone’s storylines, that the dinner is 10 times more awkward than our little double date that we had at Jitters [with Barry/Felicity].”

I want this, I really really want this to be what happens. Iris doesn't even need to know Barry is the Flash to make it work she only needs to be aware that Eddie has brought into her father's over protective nonsense and lied to her about Mason. 

Iris, who has no super abilities of any kind, is close to putting herself in the middle of the most super-charged conflicts and battles on the face of the earth.  She could easily become collateral damage; or some of the super villains might target her. 

She has no possible way to defend herself against the meta-humans.  She has no way to defend herself against Wells.  Once in the line of battle, she must rely almost 100% on Flash's powers to survive. 

How is it over-protective nonsense for her father and loved ones to try and keep her out of what otherwise might be suicide? 

Iris, who has no super abilities of any kind, is close to putting herself in the middle of the most super-charged conflicts and battles on the face of the earth.  She could easily become collateral damage; or some of the super villains might target her. 

She has no possible way to defend herself against the meta-humans.  She has no way to defend herself against Wells.  Once in the line of battle, she must rely almost 100% on Flash's powers to survive. 

How is it over-protective nonsense for her father and loved ones to try and keep her out of what otherwise might be suicide? 

But everything said here also applies to Caitlin and Felicity. So why is it ok for them to know, but not Iris?

• Love 8
(edited)

Iris has a greater chance of inadvertently walking into danger than not because she's kept ignorant. She doesn't know RF threatened her or killed Mason. How can you avoid danger if you don't know it's there? So yes, people think it is nonsense. And it's doing Iris a very big disservice.

Edited by Jenesis
  • Love 10

It just looks like his hand is next to her head not on it.  I think he's just reaching out.

I'm down if he's trying to kill her to trigger some time travel. I'm not going to be happy if it's some weird amnesia thing. No wait, I might be delighted with this. I think that in a bitter way I could get into a running joke about Iris finding stuff out and being mindwiped over and over again.

If the amnesia plot device was used as a way to reset Iris' personality a bit, to make her less trusting then consequently suspicious of the people around her I think I would be okay with it.

Most of the time she's in danger because she doesn't know there's something to be wary of. The insistence to keep her in the dark is done in such a way that it infantilizes Iris and makes all the men doing it look like sexist jackasses. 

• Love 6

You don't need to use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread unless it's about Arrow. 

So is Iris going to wonder why Caitlin is marrying her cousin? 

tumblr_nm7dviYT1C1u99u2lo6_540.jpg

I'm hoping whatever RF does to Iris, it makes her find out she's from the future, to give her something to do. Then I can also see her not being as mad about the lying when she's dealing with the fact she's in the wrong time.  

• Love 1

Does anyone know what what this means? It can't be what it looks like it's going to be, can it?

Well, it's possible that he's going to kidnap her and take her into the future in the season finale for reasons. This would give them the opportunity to introduce Rip Hunter's character (who'll be in the Superfriends spin off) when he brings her back next season. Also, maybe, possibly, Iris will learn stuff in the future (like what happened to Barry that caused him to be lost in a crisis), that she has to keep secret, and/or try to prevent. Shoe meet other foot.

• Love 2
(edited)

Also, maybe, possibly, Iris will learn stuff in the future (like what happened to Barry that caused him to be lost in a crisis), that she has to keep secret, and/or try to prevent. Shoe meet other foot.

I'd love that. She can go, sorry, can't tell you because you need to be protected. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

I assume this marriage is going to be followed by an awkward double date.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sick about Arrow alums making guest appearances on this show. Stop using Flash to get Arrow over. If Arrow can't get ratings with the most popular character on either series then that speaks to other problems on that show not related to lack of exposure.

• Love 2

I assume this marriage is going to be followed by an awkward double date.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sick about Arrow alums making guest appearances on this show. Stop using Flash to get Arrow over. If Arrow can't get ratings with the most popular character on either series then that speaks to other problems on that show not related to lack of exposure.

Are Arrow ratings bad?

Are the writers running out of ideas already that they have to toss in a "crazy wedding" already ? That's the one thing this show, which is pretty good, really doesn't need. What's next -- a makeover episode ?

I don't think Caitlin and Ronnie is a "crazy wedding." They were engaged before and didn't fall out of love with each other. I am surprised at it happening, but I like the couple.
  • Love 3

I'm hoping whatever RF does to Iris, it makes her find out she's from the future, to give her something to do. Then I can also see her not being as mad about the lying when she's dealing with the fact she's in the wrong time.

Pardon my ignorance and apologies if this is veering off topic, but I've seen reference in previous posts about Iris being from the future, and I don't get it, which means it's probably some comic reference I'm not aware of... Would anyone care to explain it please? (I have googled but there are so. many. versions!) TIA!

(edited)

Pardon my ignorance and apologies if this is veering off topic, but I've seen reference in previous posts about Iris being from the future, and I don't get it, which means it's probably some comic reference I'm not aware of... Would anyone care to explain it please? (I have googled but there are so. many. versions!) TIA!

Answering in the Comic questions thread.

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)
Are the writers running out of ideas already that they have to toss in a "crazy wedding" already ?  That's the one thing this show, which is pretty good, really doesn't need.   What's next -- a makeover episode ?

To be fair Ronnie/Caitlin are an almost complete story, from the pilot we know that they were engaged to be married, 9 months or even longer before the accelerator accident. What other reason can they have now not to commit to each other, now that Ronnie is alive and not being controlled by Stein?. None, it would just feel stalled and inorganic to me if they waited longer.

I for one like this development, its refreshing to not get the tedious "will they, wont they" romantic storytelling trope that shows seem to do with every couple. They could actually get some good and new storytelling  possibilities with a married couple. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm sick about Arrow alums making guest appearances on this show. Stop using Flash to get Arrow over. If Arrow can't get ratings with the most popular character on either series then that speaks to other problems on that show not related to lack of exposure.

I would think that the crossovers were originally meant to benefit The Flash, being a rookie & spin off show and all, but interestingly enough turns out The Flash didnt and doesnt need Arrow's help to get to the top. And thats its actually Arrow that needs the boost from the Flash.

Edited by Conell

To be fair Ronnie/Caitlin are an almost complete story, from the pilot we know that they were engaged to be married, 9 months or even longer before the accelerator accident. What other reason can they have now not to commit to each other, now that Ronnie is alive and not being controlled by Stein?. None, it would just feel stalled and inorganic to me if they waited longer.

I for one like this development, its refreshing to not get the tedious "will they, wont they" romantic storytelling trope that shows seem to do with every couple. They could actually get some good and new storytelling  possibilities with a married couple. 

I would think that the crossovers were originally meant to benefit The Flash, being a rookie & spin off show and all, but interestingly enough turns out The Flash didnt and doesnt need Arrow's help to get to the top. And thats its actually Arrow that needs the boost from the Flash.

From the looks of the pics, I think the wedding was fairly rushed... Prof. Stein is performing the ceremony, everyone's super-casually dressed (Iris as apparent MoH is wearing jeans with artfully-arranged holes), and Caitlin probably had her dress (in which she looks amazing) ready in her closet from the original pre-explosion preparations.

I also think that the crossovers weren't just to benefit one show or the other, but to drive interest in a multi-show universe, period.  DC has gotten flack for the fact that the various shows aren't connected to the movie universe the way Agents of SHIELD is a kind of "in-betweening" for the MCU, and I think they're countering that by having a TV universe that cross-pollinates its own thing.  I've said in other forums that that fits DC's style of managing its characters better, anyway; they have traditionally allowed their various group editors much more leeway within their books than Marvel, whose EiC (whether it's Stan or someone else) is there to keep all the various books running in sync.  Allowing the Berlanti-verse (not to mention Constantine and Gotham) and DCCU to run as separate worlds in a multiverse is very much their... speed (sorry).

I also think that the crossovers weren't just to benefit one show or the other, but to drive interest in a multi-show universe, period.

The problem with that since this show has been launched, the Flash crew has been on that show one episode and that was only team Flash. Yet Arrow's going to have been on Flash at least three times, same for Felicity and every other main cast member not named Thea will have also been on Flash by the time this season ends..  It seems that they're really trying to drive up interest from the Flash fans into the Arrow universe not the other way around.

The problem with that since this show has been launched, the Flash crew has been on that show one episode and that was only team Flash. Yet Arrow's going to have been on Flash at least three times, same for Felicity and every other main cast member not named Thea will have also been on Flash by the time this season ends..  It seems that they're really trying to drive up interest from the Flash fans into the Arrow universe not the other way around.

In my opinion, this has only happened because it feels more natural to bring certain Arrow characters onto The Flash. Arrow is way too dark right now and having the light heartedness on Arrow wouldn't work as well, especially in the state that their season is at right now. While on The Flash, it feels more organic for Felicity to pop in for an episode, or even for Oliver to. Also, then they'd have to explain why Barry can't just pop in to save the day when the Arrow crew gets stuck on something. I think next season for both shows, maybe when things tone down or change courses, it'll be more organic for the Flash Mob to crossover to Arrow a bit more frequently, but right now Arrow's trajectory is straight into angstville and Arrow may need some light hearted episodes, but it's not the right time. While The Flash could use some darkening up and Felicity fits in better with The Flash Mob anyway so it works better when she pops in. 

It's why Ray doesn't work well on Arrow. His character is supposed to be light hearted, quirky and like Barry to an extent, so his humour doesn't quite fit as well as it could. 

The problem with that since this show has been launched, the Flash crew has been on that show one episode and that was only team Flash. Yet Arrow's going to have been on Flash at least three times, same for Felicity and every other main cast member not named Thea will have also been on Flash by the time this season ends..  It seems that they're really trying to drive up interest from the Flash fans into the Arrow universe not the other way around.

There also the situation at the time those appearances were planned.  Ollie showing up in the pilot - that was inevitable.  Felicity in episode 4 - at the time, they had no way of knowing how popular the show would be.  The big crossover involved both shows, and as mentioned the current tone on Arrow makes a visit there unlikely.

Ray pretty much had to show up on the Flash, though, given the new spinoff in the works.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of those folks in future seasons, especially since having folks with superpowers make more sense on this show.

(edited)

I get the reason that they're coming over but I still think it's too much.  I got that Oliver was needed in the first episode for crossover credentials, I even got that Felicity was needed to come over and provide closure to the Barry-Felicity relationship.  Obviously the crossover was inevitable, but after that... You want to bring Atom man over for an episode and need Felicity to act as an intermediary? Sure whatever. But Arrow showing up in what's likely the season finale? Enough!!!!!

The episode after next should be interesting and answers a lot of the trailer's questions:

JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS - Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (guest star Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (guest star Katie Cassidy), who asks him for a favor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person he touches - which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Cortney Norris (#119). Original airdate 4/21/2015.

Wouldn't the Joe/Cisco part of the episode made more sense happening on Arrow?

But now we know why Eddie kills those cops, Caitlin kisses Barry etc...

Edited by Oscirus

Wouldn't the Joe/Cisco part of the episode made more sense happening on Arrow?

Probably, but presumably Joe and Cisco will find out something really important (Wells body?) that has a major impact on Flash storylines.  That shouldn't happen on another show.  It would be like having Laurel and Capt. Lance go through a major development in this episode - anything like that should happen on Arrow.

Speaking of Laurel, maybe Cisco will help her get her a technological version of her canary cry that she can actually carry into battle.

• Love 1
(edited)

^ that is happening.

tumblr_nmcq9jHIFA1qazmsxo1_540.jpg

I just don't see how that power isn't going to look stupid in live action. I liked Sara's device because it was a gadget not her screaming like an idiot. I liked the BC for her martial arts skills, but I'm sorry her power is dumb. But it's fitting to go to Laurel since she can't fight. Screaming like an idiot works. 

Eddie's not turning suddenly evil, he's been body snatched. That's good to know. I don't want them ruining Eddie just to make Barry the better guy for Iris. When Iris and Eddie break up it should just be because Iris doesn't love him like he loves her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

^ that is happening.

I just don't see how that power isn't going to look stupid in live action. I liked Sara's device because it was a gadget not her screaming like an idiot. I liked the BC for her martial arts skills, but I'm sorry her power is dumb. But it's fitting to go to Laurel since she can't fight. Screaming like an idiot works. 

Eddie's not turning suddenly evil, he's been body snatched. That's good to know. I don't want them ruining Eddie just to make Barry the better guy for Iris. When Iris and Eddie break up it should just be because Iris doesn't love him like he loves her. 

Since Cisco is an engineer I don't think she's going to turn into a meta human (That would be Caitlyn's job surely), maybe it's a device like Sara's but not with a modification to make it Laurel's and not another imitation?

Well, this is good and bad for Eddie. Good because it's not really him shooting those cops. It's bad because his reputation will most likely be tarnished because of this and it'll be difficult to argue against any possible eyewitnesses who see 'Eddie' shooting the cops. And I worry it'll cause a rift in the Eddie/Iris relationship when really, this is the last thing that they should be fighting over. Because, you know, I lost some faith in the writers and producers and creators now because of how they've been treating Iris. 

F*ck off, Laurel. But judging from the other interview, it may turn out to be a bit better than I would expect. So...

Yay flashbacks! And hmmm about the Caitlin possible spoilers. 

Since Cisco is an engineer I don't think she's going to turn into a meta human (That would be Caitlyn's job surely), maybe it's a device like Sara's but not with a modification to make it Laurel's and not another imitation?

Sounds good to me. Anyone know why Barry and Caitlin are kissing? The dreaded triangle cometh....

Sounds good to me. Anyone know why Barry and Caitlin are kissing? The dreaded triangle cometh....

The ep description says 

who can transform himself into every person he touches - which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash.

so..I suspect he turns into one of the two 

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that Hannibal turns into Barry. I'm  guessing that's also him as wells that's locked up at the very beginning of that promo. I have a feeling that they used this particular character to have a lot of cool wtf moments for the trailer.

I guess at least he's flirting with a girl too her face this time as opposed to just talking about how hot she is. That's progress.

Probably, but presumably Joe and Cisco will find out something really important (Wells body?) that has a major impact on Flash storylines.  That shouldn't happen on another show.  It would be like having Laurel and Capt. Lance go through a major development in this episode - anything like that should happen on Arrow.

Yea, you're right. I'm still not a fan of it, but it should be on this show :s

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: I’ll take whatever you may have on The Flash during this pesky one-week break! –Liz
Ausiello: OK, here goes:

* At WonderCon, Danielle Panabaker hinted that we may see Caitlin dabble with her Killer Frost fate sooner than expected.
* There are no flies on Iris, who will very quickly glean that Eddie is hiding something from her. (And when she finds out about all who have lied to her? Think: angry + devastated.)
* The Grodd episode promises to be scarier — and funnier — than you might imagine.
* The inclusion of Captain Cold and Heat Wave in the Arrow/Flash spinoff series will affect The Flash’s storyline toward season’s end – and is one of the reasons Cold learned the Flash’s secret identity.

And photos for episode 19 are out.

I love that Candice has kept it fairly vague about whether or not she finds out and the writers just finally say screw it and tell us anyway. Gotta love them twitter viewers.

So now not only are the  writers writing for their twitter fans but they're also writing for their spinoff. I'm really not liking this.

(edited)

I'd think the writers would treat Iris a lot better if they listened to twitter considering the devotion she gets there. 

What bugs me most is how, according to Candice, Linda was initially meant to be introduced as a friend for Iris. But later got changed and she became a disposable love interest for Barry. What a horrid mistake on the part of the writers. They shortchanged two female characters for the sake of Barry getting female attention, that was completely unnecessarily in the first place. 

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 4