Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Nene is compelling as an individual, but a spin off needs to be an ensemble show. I like Greg well enough, but he & their sons would make pretty boring tv. 

Exactly.  I no longer like Nene enough to watch her on a show by herself.  And I have absolutely no interest in watching Greg be her Benson.  I suspect she also doesn't have enough real friends outside of the show who could help her make a compelling spinoff either.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Exactly.  I no longer like Nene enough to watch her on a show by herself.  And I have absolutely no interest in watching Greg be her Benson.  I suspect she also doesn't have enough real friends outside of the show who could help her make a compelling spinoff either.  

But she does have friends, lots of them! They all showed up (at the very same time) for her 3 hour late corporate pow wow lunch, remember? LOL. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, link417 said:

Just saw Porsha on the season premiere of “Insecure.” Okay, thespian!

Kandi was in the episode too!  She was in the last scene when Lawrence is watching the docuseries crying "I know he did.  I know it in my heart!" (She's Glenda, LaToya's Mom.) It was the way she said "heart" that made me say, that sounded like Kandi, and rewound it to check.  It's definitely her.  

I wonder how many more of the ladies will show up as we learn what happened to LaToya at the Red Lobster.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Kandi was in the episode too!  She was in the last scene when Lawrence is watching the docuseries crying "I know he did.  I know it in my heart!" (She's Glenda, LaToya's Mom.) It was the way she said "heart" that made me say, that sounded like Kandi, and rewound it to check.  It's definitely her.  

I wonder how many more of the ladies will show up as we learn what happened to LaToya at the Red Lobster.

I love Insecure and almost screamed when I saw Porsha and Kandi!

Insecure always does a hilarious show within a show gag that runs all season. This year it is about the disappearance of a girl that was going to Red Lobster and both the ladies are a part of that.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Got milk? 

OOF! I dunno if it’s the makeup or the lighting, but Tanya and Marlo look like they died 6 months ago. 🥴

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, link417 said:

OOF! I dunno if it’s the makeup or the lighting, but Tanya and Marlo look like they died 6 months ago. 🥴

I would imagine it has more to do with the computer/camera/lighting situation than it does the makeup.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

This gonna be rough!

Nene is such a child. As soon as I heard it would be a virtual reunion, I knew she would be the one to close her computer in a huff. And there’s no one there to beg her to come back, but she still craves the attention, so she’ll be rejoining that Zoom meeting soon enough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2020 at 8:30 AM, Hiyo said:

Didn't we already do the all white theme before?

Gotta give Kenya credit, the only one who didn't go for a low cut top.

Meh. I don't mind the cleavage. They're on laptop computers, so the camera angles are a little off. Eva's botched boob job is distracting tho. Why doesn't she cover that up!?

• Love 3
On 5/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Got milk? 

Of course Nene has a stank face. And of course Nene threw a fit and huffed off. I hope they don't let her back on the call and I hope she doesn't return to the next season. 

Of all the women on all the shows Ithink Nene is the most entitled, now that Vicki's gone - God I hate Vicki - and thats saying alot when you look at the nakeup of the entire franchise. 

Bye Nene, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 1:44 AM, NowVoyager said:

Kandi didn't spill much tea here, but I'll take it.

God Bless Kandi for being nice about her surrogate, but darn it was boring. I ended up fast forwarding it through.

I love Kandi and Todd's relationship. I'm never team husband, but I was team Todd. They both handled themselves well.

Kandi, defending her mom because she's her mom is cool, but her mom is low down dirty.

Please. Kandi would have said that in person. I believe she stays so chill most of the time because she'll f a person up, and she doesn't want to be sued. 

I'd forgotten "We see each other." I mean that's beautiful.

Nene, we know it's Nene. 

Yes Kandi for doing your social distancing.

One group I want to see a bit faded while at a reunion is this cast.

Nene left because she can dish it but not take it.

I need to see what Eva said about Porsha's child, who I hope ends up looking more like her mom as she gets older. So I'm guessing I know what it is.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm really slutting it up with my multiple posts, sorta sorry, but I just saw this on Instagram. I don't care one way or another about Cynthia, but I may skip a season if bitch ney is back.

Screenshot_20200508-001817_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ShawnaLanne
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm really slutting it up eith my multiple posts, sorta sorry, but I just saw this on Instagram. I don't care one way or another about Cynthia, but O may skip a season if bitch ney is back.

Screenshot_20200508-001817_Instagram.jpg

Cynthia being fired is not a surprise. They need to let go of Nene too. 

I’ve always wondered if they would ever let Phaedra back, so the news that she could possibly be back is a shocker. I’m intrigued, for sure.

If true, I wonder how Kandi will react??

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, link417 said:

Cynthia being fired is not a surprise. They need to let go of Nene too. 

I’ve always wondered if they would ever let Phaedra back, so the news that she could possibly be back is a shocker. I’m intrigued, for sure.

If true, I wonder how Kandi will react??

Well we know she won't leave. Kandi likes the platform for her businesses. I hope Kandi full on freezes her out. Acts like she doesn't exist, makes it as hard as possible for Phaedra to film. What Phaedra did was vile, and she should have had legal action taken against her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Somewhere I saw Cynthia deny being fired.  Said the reunion just aired and contracts weren't in play yet.  Doesn't mean it isn't true of course.

I stopped watching this franchise several years ago so I guess I don't really have skin in the game, but if they rehire Phaedra, everyone should boycott on principle.

• Love 7

I'm so looking forward to watching Andy muting folks when they get out of control with the back and forth during the reunion.

I'd have to seriously consider if I'd still watch if Phaedra's back.  I also think she's vile.  I have a hard time watching when Nene's on...

• Love 6

I'd have to seriously consider if I'd still watch if Phaedra's back.  I also think she's vile.  I have a hard time watching when Nene's on...

Me too. Phaedra was vile even before she falsely accused Kandi and Todd.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

A Youtuber said Cynthia was offered friend status and she turned it down.

If this is true, I’m side-eyeing Bravo (or the production company, or whomever) for even offering that. Even as a good “friend of,” you have to offer something in the way of entertainment, a la Marlo, or Sutton in RHONY. Cynthia offers nothing; she’s as entertaining as a soggy cardboard box.

Edited by link417
“in,” not “I’m”
  • Love 4

I still like Cynthia, if only to balance out the group as a whole. She has her occasional messy moments, but she is one of the nicer HWs in the group.

• Love 16
(edited)

Why on Earth would Andy and/or Bravo think we wanted more of Yovanna, of all people?

I mean bloody hell, just send the woman a crate of peach juice and leave it at that.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Why on Earth would Andy and/or Bravo think we wanted more of Yovanna, of all people?

I mean bloody hell, just send the woman a crate of peach juice and leave it at that.

Just put her ass under Niagara Falls, she's so damn thirsty to be on TV.

Interesting that last season she and Eva couldn't stand each other, but now they're cool since Eva's husband is her lawyer (wonder what type of lawyer HE is).

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yovanna getting a Peach before Marlo? Dumb. Nobody wants more of "that b*tch from Clark". 

In that case, bring Phaedra back to make things really interesting. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Yovanna getting a Peach before Marlo? Dumb. Nobody wants more of "that b*tch from Clark". 

In that case, bring Phaedra back to make things really interesting. 

So I'm going to start by saying anyone who is okay with being referred to as "that bitch" has a boatload of issues. Yet another dumb but thirsty narcissist we're going to have to deal with who doesn't actually have enough going on to generate a storyline. My guess is that she and Kenya will be at it in 3...2...1...

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Eva's out for next season. In her words, she chose to leave:

I don't blame her. This show is getting more ratchet and low-brow by the year and her husband, who has political aspirations, probably is not down for that and she likely has her own influenser-type aspirations, as well. I do hope she'll make an appearance now and then.

• Love 6

Well, while I can't say I disliked her, I also can't say I will miss her all that much? Other than a few fights here and there, she was just kind of...there?

Ah well, I'm guessing she got some decent coins while on this show, and her social media accounts probably got a nice bump in followers too, so I guess win-win for her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, while I can't say I disliked her, I also can't say I will miss her all that much? Other than a few fights here and there, she was just kind of...there?

Ah well, I'm guessing she got some decent coins while on this show, and her social media accounts probably got a nice bump in followers too, so I guess win-win for her.

I think this show came at a bad time in her life to be on a reality show. She was constantly pregnant and trying to grow a very young family. Eva is usually not stupid and she probably saw the writing on the wall ( I doubt if she was going to be asked to return, there were times I totally forgot about her this season).

It is smart to exit with dignity. She has other things going on in her life that are more important then arguing with Kenya and Nene for a living.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, politichick said:

I don't blame her. This show is getting more ratchet and low-brow by the year and her husband, who has political aspirations, probably is not down for that and she likely has her own influenser-type aspirations, as well. I do hope she'll make an appearance now and then.

She's not all that.  This is her third reality show (ANTM) was the first.  Maybe her fourth reality show will be a hit. 

She can miss me with that "nappy head" comment.  Even Kenya schooled her about that.  Also I think she's just as ratchet as the rest of them, she just knows how to mask it.

I heard that the letters went out today with everybody's contracts, maybe Eva just wasn't asked back.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 6/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, NowVoyager said:

Eva's out for next season. In her words, she chose to leave:

Nene accused Eva of being a "B" to production on WWHL (can't recall the episode - maybe it was during the reunion?).  Eva didn't deny it.

Who knows if Eva really quit, but as Shannon Beddor said once, no one leaves the RH shows by choice.  The pros significantly outweight the cons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2020 at 11:43 PM, Jextella said:

Nene accused Eva of being a "B" to production on WWHL (can't recall the episode - maybe it was during the reunion?).  Eva didn't deny it.

I mean...but Nene is still the only cast member to assault production, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Yep. I just saw Porsha's interview on CNN... She actually sounded ALMOST smart!  But I always go back to her and the underground railroad.  And where were the train tracks...

But she still looked good and had those claw-like fingernails, so.... they must have been pretty nice to her in the jail?  I admire her for getting involved.  She has a Grandfather's reputation to live up to and at least she's trying.  Good on ya, Porsha.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hi. I wasn’t sure where to post this so thought I’d try here. I’ve watched several of the HW shows but never Atlanta, but I’m desperate and bored! (I’ve resisted until now mostly due to Nene. I found her obnoxious when she was Celebrity Apprentice.) 

I also tried NJ lately but got bored by the time I got to S6. Can anyone recommend a good starting point for RHOA? 

I started at beginning today with S1/E1 but these forums don’t pick up until several seasons in and reading the forums is more enjoyable to me than actually watching the show, so I’m wondering if I should start later? 

Suggestions appreciated! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Hi. I wasn’t sure where to post this so thought I’d try here. I’ve watched several of the HW shows but never Atlanta, but I’m desperate and bored! (I’ve resisted until now mostly due to Nene. I found her obnoxious when she was Celebrity Apprentice.) 

I also tried NJ lately but got bored by the time I got to S6. Can anyone recommend a good starting point for RHOA? 

I started at beginning today with S1/E1 but these forums don’t pick up until several seasons in and reading the forums is more enjoyable to me than actually watching the show, so I’m wondering if I should start later? 

Suggestions appreciated! 

The early season are definitely better, so stay the course.  You are also allowed to start general catch all threads for each season.  Many of us will join in.  I certainly will, as I did a rewatch a few weeks ago!

There's also the Past Seasons' Rehash thread.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Suggestions appreciated! 

I’m with @luckyroll3 - the first seasons are the best. Nene was much more tolerable then.

Since I’ve been stuck at home, I have rewatched all of RHONJ and  RHONY and am now on Season 4 of RHOBH. It is like reading historical fiction because you know about cast members lives and since you know what it coming, you see all the little signs that you missed on first watch.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Phaedra is on the latest edition of "Marriage Boot Camp-Hip Hop Edition"....  Is she married to a Hip Hop guy?? Who knows! But, girl can't get away from  that TV coin, can she??  Guess all that mortician business just isn't bringing in the $$$ fast enough.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think Phaedra is on the latest edition of "Marriage Boot Camp-Hip Hop Edition"....  Is she married to a Hip Hop guy?? Who knows! But, girl can't get away from  that TV coin, can she??  Guess all that mortician business just isn't bringing in the $$$ fast enough.

My understanding is that the guy she's on Marriage Boot Camp with is someone she's just dating.  The question was why is she on that show if she's not in a relationship with the guy?

• Love 3