Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

Kandi married little big head:

In Touch can exclusively confirm that Kandi Burruss has said "I do!"

A rep for the Real Housewives of Atlanta star confirms to In Touch that Kandi and TV producer Todd Tucker wed in a beautiful ceremony in Atlanta on April 4.

"This is one of the best days of my life! I never imagined that I would marry my best friend. Todd’s been that to me," Kandi exclusively tells In Touch. "And to have just had the wedding of my dreams, it’s all been so beautiful. Now it’s time to party!"

The couple met in 2011, during filming of the fourth season of the hit Bravo reality series and got engaged January 2013. Kandi has one daughter, Riley, 11, from a previous relationship. This is the first marriage for Todd.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-star-kandi-burruss-marries-todd-tucker-36855

• Love 1

Looks like Kenya pressed charges against Porsha for the incident at the reunion. Luckily for Porsha, she's looking right in her mugshot! That's a win in itself. 

They showed a clip of the so called beat down Sunday. It looks like Kenya provoked Porsha and she snapped. BS. Bravo made Brandon's charges go away, but Kenya gets to press charges for an incident she instigated? Porsha may be dumb, but if she really has gotten fired over this, it may be a deal breaker for me. Too many physical fights this season. Kenya may bring the drama, but it's not in a fun way.

Interesting how Kenya pressed charges against Porsha, it looks like mutual combat,,unlike Apollo whaling on Brandon while Brandon was down, they were both up, in each other's face.   Porsha might have actually knocked the shit out of Kenya  first,but they were both up for a fight.,once again Kenya should have  kept her ass in her seat. I don't see these charges  going anywhere. In Atlanta there are too may real assaults on real victims. If there is a clause in their contract against filing charges etc,  then Kenya's ass should be on the chopping block..Apollo allegedly fractured Brandon's ribs,  NeNe  choked Kim,and the doctor's wives on married to medicine had a knock out drag out fight, none of them pressed charges. Kenya who has been 'crusin' for a brusin'  all season filing charges should be ashamed I am a former police officer and I've seen women have to  pick their teeth up of the ground after someone knocked them out  for  less than the shit Kenya pulled.You can say what you want to a co-worker, be disrespectful, create a hostile work environment and not have consequences.I don't think so. I can't say I would never hit another person but its not likely (not because I don't like violence, but because I don't want anyone to kick my ass) But I do know I would NEVER put myself in a position where someone might not care about me as much as I care about me, and feel the need to show me how little they do care.I'm also smart enough to know you don't  know what issues a person is dealing with on a given day and   the day you decide you are going to exercise your  rights to say what you want to that person just, might be the day that person is at the end of their rope and your words are just what they need to wrap that rope around your throat and literally leave you hangin. Sure they would be wrong but your neck  would be still  be broken.Quoting those famous words Tom cruise spoke in Risky Business, "sometime you just gotta say what the fuck"  Everyone has posted about Porsha being  a child, dumb,stupid etc, perhaps this will help her she can get a good (as in unscrupulously good ) lawyer and  he can show how Kenya has continued to verbally abuse her the fact that before she was always able to walk away now in this close environment she can't, Kenya with her bullhorn and scepter nonsense was more than she could handle.That and her divorce,possible financial problems caused her to have a mental breakdown the tape showing her  laying on the floor screaming being carried out hysterical would certainly back that up., , I could see an  attorney suing  Kenya for adding to her distress and mental condition.causing her to snap.Lawyers can and do file suits on behalf of people for damn near anything, they don't have to win all they want is to get their name out there, These realty shows are becoming a cash  cow for attorneys..

Rumor has it Nene & Porsha were axed. I don't know. Andy has always been in love with Nene. At the reunion, though, Nene did say, "you want me to pull down your pants and kiss your ass?" as a response to him & the gay community being offended by her use of "queen" to describe Brandon. I would assume Porsha would be fired for the fight.  

This chick also accurately spilled that Dina was returning to RHONJ, so...

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/05/10/nene-leakes-and-porsha-williams-will-not-hold-a-peach-next-season/

Reality tv is also reporting that they have been down graded to friend status. This may be it for me. Nene is insane but I really don't like Kenya. She is not entertaining to me.

True, but I'd rather they simply recast the show, At this point I'm only interested in seeing Kandi and that's only if Mama Joyce is not involved. Kenya is too shrill, It's time for Nene to move on, Cynthia remains a doormat, and Phaedra has Apollo's mess to deal with.

Porsha was just on Dish Nation, a local Atlanta entertainment commentary show. She commented on a picture of Charlize Theron saying she looks "fine given that she's older and a woman of a certain age."  She really has some seriously deranged perceptions of age and anyone older than her.

• Love 5

Porsha was just on Dish Nation, a local Atlanta entertainment commentary show. She commented on a picture of Charlize Theron saying she looks "fine given that she's older and a woman of a certain age."  She really has some seriously deranged perceptions of age and anyone older than her.

She's what, 5 or 6 years older than Porsha? Well damn, does Porsha realize that her own clock is ticking? To think, she has wasted a chunk of her prime years married to a "bitchy queen" and accomplishing absolutely nothing. I'm sure Charlize, J.Lo, Nicole Murphy, Cameron Diaz, crazy Stacy Dash, Lisa Raye and Angelina Jolie and the rest of them fine ass women "of a certain age" are crying in their Cheerios. She better hope she ages like them. 

Porsha says the age things like someone who was maybe 22 would, who still has that immortal youth thing going on. Not a damn 32 year old woman. 

• Love 4

She's what, 5 or 6 years older than Porsha? Well damn, does Porsha realize that her own clock is ticking? To think, she has wasted a chunk of her prime years married to a "bitchy queen" and accomplishing absolutely nothing. I'm sure Charlize, J.Lo, Nicole Murphy, Cameron Diaz, crazy Stacy Dash, Lisa Raye and Angelina Jolie and the rest of them fine ass women "of a certain age" are crying in their Cheerios. She better hope she ages like them.

Porsha says the age things like someone who was maybe 22 would, who still has that immortal youth thing going on. Not a damn 32 year old woman.

What's Porsha still doing all over the place anyway? I think she ought to be taking a few classes right now, not continuing to show her ass right now. Arrogance coupled with passive stupidity is my least favorite combination.

Oh my goodness Sunsheyen, speaking of immortal youth, like her or not, Stacy Dash just does not age! She could star in a Clueless sequel right now. I think when she was in the first one she was near her 30's. Same deal with Jared Leto and a few others I can't recall. It's almost bizarre!

Anyway, back to Porsha and her interview; I can see why she gets asked questions like this. Someone needs to tell her that looks aren't a skill. All the women listed above certainly knew that, they worked for the success they wanted and they obviously worked hard. She doesn't seem to know or believe in the satisfaction of learning skills to gain self-earned success. She's in such a unique position to have the time to pursue so much higher learning, and I may be wrong but I'm not seeing that, and it's just too bad. If humiliating yourself so badly on tv doesn't drop even a whisper of self awareness into your head, um. good luck? I'm sure misery can age you right quick, too.

She's a cute girl who seems to place a lot of superficial importance on her looks, who's ironically done such a good little job of it that I have forgetten that I once thought that she was pretty as well at one point.

(edited)

MSN Entertainment is reporting that all of the cast members (including Porsha) are returning for next season.  Bravo said it retained/secured the entire cast.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 1
(edited)

So they are all coming back next season.  So much for the rumors of anyone being fired.  I kind of wished they got rid of Porsha, she is the dullest of the bunch.

Edited by mom23boys

Yaaasss! I'm glad Porsha is staying. She needs the money. Plus, I just like her and I do think she was sorry for what she did.

I must have missed something. When did Porsha apologize to Kenya? I have not seen one ounce of remorse from Porsha. Last I heard, she was still trying to play victim and skirt around offering a true apology to the person she assaulted. She apologized to viewers and the other housewives and she's sorry that Kenya "made her go there" while simultaneously claiming that Kenya bullied her (despite having the entire cast on her side and not being in any way weaker than Kenya). In fact, Porsha specifically says that she thinks she deserves an apology from Kenya (what the what?!?) because apparently Porsha didn't "put [herself] in the position she's in now" through her own actions. No, somehow Kenya possessed Porsha's body and forced her to pull Kenya's hair. She's not sorry for what she did, she was sorry that her BRAVO check almost got pulled. 

Porsha's going to get the shit beat out of her at some point. Just wait. LOL

I'm not a fan of unnecessary violence so I just hope that Kenya follows through with pressing charges. There's no need for me to beat a dead horse about the question of "provocation" since I'm sure that everyone can agree that grown ass women should keep their hands to themselves. If I can teach my 6 yo that, then even dim Porsha can learn that lesson. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Im not sure why you quoted me because I never said she apologized to Kenya. I said I think she's sorry for what she did. I truly believe she wishes it had never happened.

Eta: tried to quote Wimminwinning but it didn't take.

Edited by ridethemaverick

Yaaasss! I'm glad Porsha is staying. She needs the money. Plus, I just like her and I do think she was sorry for what she did.

I have never seen any remorse from Porsha about attacking Kenya. Why do you think she is sorry?If she were sorry for what she did and she should be then she would have apologized for her bad behaviour. I am in agreement with Wimminwinning she was only sorry that she might lose her Bravo check.

I'm not a fan of unnecessary violence so I just hope that Kenya follows through with pressing charges. There's no need for me to beat a dead horse about the question of "provocation" since I'm sure that everyone can agree that grown ass women should keep their hands to themselves. If I can teach my 6 yo that, then even dim Porsha can learn that lesson.

Yes to all of this. I hope they out her next season for cheating on Kordell. Bring the guy on that she dated while she was  still married and before she was separated .

• Love 2

If humiliating yourself so badly on tv doesn't drop even a whisper of self awareness into your head, um. good luck? I'm sure misery can age you right quick, too.

She's a cute girl who seems to place a lot of superficial importance on her looks, who's ironically done such a good little job of it that I have forgetten that I once thought that she was pretty as well at one point.

It was Kenya's fault so self awareness does not apply. 

She puts importance on looks, yet she has not been able to monetize hers.  You would think her lack of success in that area would suggest to her that she needs a real skill.  Of course, if your generous mother owns day care centers then there really is no need to develop a real skill or anything. 

(edited)

I think  everyone on all of these shows have humiliated themselves at some point.  Porsha is no different than any of them. I truly believed she was embarrassed at her actions, and I do believe she felt provoked and attacked. She did not apologize to Kenya, but said she felt they both owed each other an apology.  She apologized to Andy, the other housewives and viewers. To me,she took ownership for her actions. Kenya is still the victim and doesn't owe anything to anyone.

We can all say no-one has the right to put their hands on anyone else,it isn't always that black and white.  If  Porsha is as weak, and immature as Kenya and everyone else has constantly yakked about; then she should have been expected to behave like a weak, immature person,when she felt she was being attacked.  She could not have behaved any differently.  If Kenya was as intelligent, non-violent as she  constantly yakked about she should have known  this weak and immature person would behave badly and  curbed the activity that was causing her to act out.

You don't continuously wave a red flag at a bull and not expect it to attack. You,as the intelligent one know when to tuck that red flag in your pocket  and run your ass off.

Kenya has played the victim in this comparing herself to a wife in an abusive relationship.

There has been a lot of leaks about Kenya's  bad and criminal behavior on the apprentice.

If she thought her behavior this season  was what spiked the rating and she was rehired because of this. Bravo should be prepared for lawsuits, criminal acts and and all out war  on civility from these individuals. 

Edited by coloradoqt
  • Love 1
I hope they out her next season for cheating on Kordell. Bring the guy on that she dated while she was  still married and before she was separated .

For me, I don't see any reason to do this since Porsha walked away from the marriage with absolutely nothing.  She admitted that they weren't having sex for a long time and that she lied about their marriage being so perfect.  If she stepped out on him, oh well!  Withholding sex from your spouse is grounds for divorce just as much as extramarital sex is.  If my husband refused to sleep with me, believe me, in the words of Rett Butler, "I shan't be lonely!"

Here's my opinion on the Kenya/Porsha knock-down, for what it's worth...

Andy likes it when the women argue and go after one another. He could have told Kenya "OK, enough with the props, put them away, please." But he didn't. He encourages it. After seeing Kenya's interview with Andy, I gained an entirely different perspective on what happened.

When Kenya waved her scepter, the person who really got the brunt of it was Cynthia. I thought she was going to get whacked in the eye, but she just reared back and got out of the way. Another thing is that Kenya said she never saw Porsha on her radar as someone she thought would come after her. But I think anyone watching what happened before and after can see that it was NeNe and Phaedra who put Porsha up to picking a fight. It was so obvious. Porsha didn't have a beef with Kenya beforehand, they'd pretty much made up with each other. In Savannah, NeNe got really pissed that the two of them had become closer.

The looks on NeNe and Phaedra's faces during the argument leading up to the actual hair-pulling told me all I needed to know. They used Porsha, thinking "Oh, she's so dumb, she'll go along with it."

Since arguing at the reunions is part of the script, up until the point that Porsha jumped up and went after Kenya physically, they were doing what they were supposed to do. If everyone sat there and had tea, no one would watch.

In stark contrast, the reunion of Southern Charm, if you saw that, was heads and tails above any reunion show Andy's ever moderated. And I could tell he was incredulous that those people weren't going to fall for his tactics and start fighting. They had fun, I had fun watching it, and Andy was not sure what just happened.

If anyone owes anyone an apology, Andy owes one to anyone and everyone involved with that reunion show. And to the viewers. But I fully believe Kenya is doing the right thing by pressing charges. It might make someone else think twice before throwing a punch.

Just my opinion, mind you.

• Love 5

I think  everyone on all of these shows have humiliated themselves at some point.  Porsha is no different than any of them. I truly believed she was embarrassed at her actions, and I do believe she felt provoked and attacked. She did not apologize to Kenya, but said she felt they both owed each other an apology.  She apologized to Andy, the other housewives and viewers. To me,she took ownership for her actions. Kenya is still the victim and doesn't owe anything to anyone.

We can all say no-one has the right to put their hands on anyone else,it isn't always that black and white.  If  Porsha is as weak, and immature as Kenya and everyone else has constantly yakked about; then she should have been expected to behave like a weak, immature person,when she felt she was being attacked.  She could not have behaved any differently.  If Kenya was as intelligent, non-violent as she  constantly yakked about she should have known  this weak and immature person would behave badly and  curbed the activity that was causing her to act out.

You don't continuously wave a red flag at a bull and not expect it to attack. You,as the intelligent one know when to tuck that red flag in your pocket  and run your ass off.

Kenya has played the victim in this comparing herself to a wife in an abusive relationship.

There has been a lot of leaks about Kenya's  bad and criminal behavior on the apprentice.

If she thought her behavior this season  was what spiked the rating and she was rehired because of this. Bravo should be prepared for lawsuits, criminal acts and and all out war  on civility from these individuals. 

I think if Porsha was truly embarrassed, she could have said that she and Kenya both owed apologies, and stepped up (and made herself like the bigger person in the process) and given her apology on her one on one with Andy or any of her other publicity tour appearances. Saying they both need to apologize doesn't preclude her from giving one. 

Being weak and immature does not excuse Porsha from being aware of and following societal norms, namely, not physically attacking another person. Kenya (and most people) had no reason to believe that going to her job entailed a risk of being assaulted. This wasn't Bad Girls Club she worked for. However linguistically and historically challenged Porsha may be, she was obviously aware enough of the fact that her behavior was unacceptable, as evidenced by her various apologies and attempts at justification. So it's everyone else's job to not say anything because the big dummy might hit them? Please. Porsha knows right from wrong. 

The fact that Kenya cries victim or whatever has nothing to do with the basic illegality of Porsha's actions. The idea of using this as her defense is ridiculous. So what she did/said about the confrontation after the fact justifies the confrontation itself? And rumors about her behavior on the Apprentice have nothing at all to do with her interaction with Porsha on the reunion. Porsha wasn't acting based on those rumors. 

• Love 6

According to US, they are ALL coming back, plus the two women mentioned earlier filming in Charlotte.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-7-cast-all-returning-plus-two-more-2014218

I cannot imagine Phaedra being on the show full time. I just can't believe she'd be that hungry for the camera to not think of her two little boys.

I don't think Phaedra has much shame.  She is probably going to try to convince people, through the show, that she isn't involved in anything criminal.  I think its bullshit for her to have a forum to try to proclaim her innocence with no counterpoint.  She wants the chance to reach millions of people probably to try to undo the damage that she has done by being shady and underhanded.  She probably also needs the money since she doesn't have a patsy for her criminal activity anymore.  The sad thing is that so many people buy into her "faux belle" routine.

I have no idea why Porsha is coming back because she is stupid....and boring...and has an undeservedly high opinion of herself.

Glad that this is Nene's last season.  I'll be laughing when she realizes that this show she whines so much about is the only thing she does that people care about and that she has no acting ability or talent.

Happy to see the rest of the cast, but confused as to why they are adding more castmates.

• Love 1

Probably giving the news girls a chance to get their feet wet. And who knows what may happen once filming begins. Phaedra could be whisked off with legal issues, NeNe might pitch a fit and stalk off.... could be a very interesting season. Especially since it sounds like one of the new girls is already aligned with Cynthia and Kenya.

Probably giving the news girls a chance to get their feet wet. And who knows what may happen once filming begins. Phaedra could be whisked off with legal issues, NeNe might pitch a fit and stalk off.... could be a very interesting season. Especially since it sounds like one of the new girls is already aligned with Cynthia and Kenya.

Porsha could accidentally walk off a cliff while trying to look at birds....you're right anything could happen

• Love 4

They added three to the OC Housewives last year and cut one out.  So, we'll see how much these new women are actually involved. 

I feel like if they're bringing them all back they should have some kind of mandated counseling sessions between Kenya and Porsha.  More than that, I can't wait to see how many times they replay the clip of Kenya vs. Porsha as a flashback.  The network claims to have been appalled by the behavior (appalled!), but I'd imagine we'll see it at least half a dozen times.  Seeing what happens after that is kind of the major hook.

• Love 2

Porsha could accidentally walk off a cliff while trying to look at birds....you're right anything could happen

I thinking Porsha plays the dumb chick role much like Kenya plays the trouble maker. Now I don't think Porsha is a MENSA member or anything but I've been watching her on Dish Nation and she's much more competent than the ditzy chick we see on RHOA.

• Love 1

"Phaedra's having an affair with an African man named Chocolate?!" has to be the most life-giving thing I have seen on Bravo in ages.

I want this to be true so bad, y'all.  The only thing that would make my life better would be if Phae was having an affair with The Infamous Redickulus.  I would have to lay my burdens down if that one came to pass.

• Love 4

I, um.  I have an unhealthy level of excitement after watching that promo.  Violence is bad, I still want to see someone leap out of a chair.  Kenya's all dramatic and weepy.  Nene has a real rival.  There's a African named Chocolate.  I could lose the Mama Joyce saga.  But even with that...I'm so ready for this.  

Do not disappoint me Bravo.  I hope all these scenes make it to the actual season- and not 15 weeks in, either, but from jump street.

So the cameras really were there when Apollo went to Phaedra's house. That part made me nervous. I don't want to see any kind of domestic violence or threats.

Side note: Ayden and Mr. President make my heart melt!!! So adorable.

• Love 3

So the cameras really were there when Apollo went to Phaedra's house. That part made me nervous. I don't want to see any kind of domestic violence or threats.

Side note: Ayden and Mr. President make my heart melt!!! So adorable.

I did not believe it initially.....  I appreciate Apollo for continuing to sacrifice his dignity and self respect for RHOA viewers.  I was not worried about violence because Phaedra carries a gun.

I, um.  I have an unhealthy level of excitement after watching that promo.

How is it that RHOA continues to inspire anticipation while the other Housewife shows limp along toward cancellation?

Porsha being reduced to "friend status" may be a blessing in disguise.  Porsha in short doses is likeable and fun.  Too much Porsha is annoying and boring.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

I did not believe it initially..... I appreciate Apollo for continuing to sacrifice his dignity and self respect for RHOA viewers. I was not worried about violence because Phaedra carries a gun.

Amd a couple of pink stun guns with her name on them. :)

• Love 1

Damn, they are planning to go all in!  And I will be there. 

Any idea on when it's supposed to start airing again?  There was no date in the trailer.

Who here thinks that was the actual signed contract Cynthia was burning?  Too fucking funny!

• Love 1