Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

E! news reports that Nene is returning for an unknown number of appearances. Hell, we didn't even have a chance to miss her!

She probably quit thinking they couldn't replace her, although I'm not sure what she added last year, then Kim Fields joins the show, so, Nene rushes back because she knows she's about to be completely forgotten. Lonnnng sentence. Sorry.

• Love 2

Yeah, i am wayyyy more jacked about Tootie than Her Nibs. I'd about given up on this show, but I might check it out for Kim Fields. And Cynthia going all martial artist on Porsha.

• Love 5

Wpw. I was not Porsha fan ever. But I watched her on FOX Dish and her calling out the Kardashians on their taking advantage of the  African American community and not addressing serious issues is spot on

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 4

RHOA premiered with a 1.4 in the 18-49 demo and 2.968 viewers.  Last year premiered with a 2.2 in the same demo, and 3.8 million viewers.  Will just have to wait and see how the ratings hold up through the entire season.  Either way, it's still the top-rated housewives show at the moment.

Interesting note about the ratings..this is the first time since season four the premiere episode did not reach more than 3 million viewers. The season four premiere had about 2.8 million viewers, so the season eight premiere was slightly more viewed. I wonder if this is the sign of the ratings continuing to dip a little like they did last season or if they will spike up throughout the season. Like you said Rina, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter as they are still leaps and bounds ahead of the other HW shows in terms of ratings.

Episode 2 got a 1.4 -- 3.0 million viewers, pretty much in line with the premiere.

Episode 3 got a 1.2 -- 2.6 millions viewers

Most likely we'll get a bump next week due to the previews featuring the Porsha/Cynthia conflict.

I am enjoying Porscha on Dish Nation. I just discovered it 2 days ago and have been taping it and enjoying it. Porscha seems to have found her element. She is funny and seems to be enjoying herself immensely. She seems to love her job. Kudos to you Porsch!

^^ I'm checking this out. OMG DeShawn! Brielle was so damn bratty at her party. I don't watch Kim's show, so I don't know if she ever grew out of it.

And hahaha with Sheree and her wannabe "seven figure" divorce settlement.

• Love 2

Brielle was so damn bratty at her party. I don't watch Kim's show, so I don't know if she ever grew out of it.

Brielle is now a miniature Kim with the same bleached blonde hair, extensions, lashes, makeup, and clothes.  The kid she's dating also comes from an extremely wealthy family.  Kim has taught her well.

• Love 1

1) So does Nene Leakes NOT have her own thread?

2) Have you seen what's she's done to her face THIS time? The latest nose job. But also looks like some chin or cheek work was done.

I thought the previous work she had done was an improvement. This latest work I think is just too much. WHY do so many people NOT know when to stop…when to quit while they're ahead. Now she is absolutely a caricature of herself. It's like she's going for a 'Lil Kim look. NOT good.

8 hours ago, selhars said:

I thought the previous work she had done was an improvement. This latest work I think is just too much. WHY do so many people NOT know when to stop…when to quit while they're ahead. Now she is absolutely a caricature of herself. It's like she's going for a 'Lil Kim look. NOT good.

Ask Kim Kardashian...she should have stopped three noses ago.  Now there is too much space between her nose and her lips, so she has to make her lips extra full to hide it.

• Love 1
On 6/17/2016 at 1:01 AM, selhars said:

1) So does Nene Leakes NOT have her own thread?

2) Have you seen what's she's done to her face THIS time? The latest nose job. But also looks like some chin or cheek work was done.

Wow. I looked at a photo from her appearance last week on WWHL, and she looks like Tamar Braxton's long lost older sister. 

Btw, Nene s thread is in the S07 section.

11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She DOES look exactly like Tamar! I wonder if she took a photo in to the plastic surgeon and said "Do me this face."

So looking like a muppet is the hot thing now?  Cause I don't care how much Tamar cries, she looks like a damn muppet!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/20/2016 at 9:05 AM, Brooklynista said:

So looking like a muppet is the hot thing now?  Cause I don't care how much Tamar cries, she looks like a damn muppet!

I finally saw a picture of her...and she looks awful.  The sad thing was there was absolutely nothing wrong with her original nose.  Why do you fix something that is not broke, to the point where it looks so bad?

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I finally saw a picture of her...and she looks awful.  The sad thing was there was absolutely nothing wrong with her original nose.  Why do you fix something that is not broke, to the point where it looks so bad.

She stated it was for medical reasons, this time.  she was having trouble with her breathing

I love that "great contouring" took over for "I had to fix a sinus thing" as the new way of denying you had a nose job.  Unless you're Kim Zolciak, who instead tries to convince us that her current face is the one she was born with, like we don't have eyes.

• Love 3

NeNe looked entirely better with her original nose, IMO. It almost seems like it got bigger over the course of her surgeries, and isn't that supposed to be the other way around? Agree with others, Tamar is all I could see when I saw the most recent pics. There is a way that a lot of Black women start looking with too much surgery (Janice the Muppet extended upper lip) while White women end up with the cat eye, puffy cheek Jocelyn Wildenstein (sp) look. Why is that? It's like plastic surgeons know two procedures and that's it. 

The lighter skin might just be the makeup and lighting, especially since highlight/contour and using lighter shades have become so big over the past few years since the first pic in that photoset.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

NeNe didn't deny having work done on WWHL. She said she had her nose done again. So she was honest about having it done two times. She said the first time she didn't get enough off the bottom so when she smiled her lip touched her nose so she had more taken off to deal with that. And she said if she wanted to do more she would do more. I don't think she is hiding anything. I do think she should not have had as much taken off as she did  or perhaps had it shaped differently and I blame the doctor for that. He should have known it would look odd, and it does look odd as others have noted. Too much space between her lip and nose now. 

Mmm, sort of.  He asked her something like wasn't this her second nose job.  She said well I wouldn't get a nose job just to get a nose job.  He followed up with oh did you have like a deviated septum or...? (I wish he was this thorough at reunions). Then she explained the lip touching end of her nose issue.   It's either medically necessary or it's elective, but she was doing the most to try and make it sound like the first nose job wasn't elective to support  her "wouldn't have a nose job just to have it" claim.   Except for that time when, you know, you did.   No skin off my nose either way (lol).  I was just commenting in the WWHL thread that she looks like a marionette.  That lower jaw movement is..awkward.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

She said the first time she didn't get enough off the bottom so when she smiled her lip touched her nose so she had more taken off to deal with that.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mmm, sort of.  He asked her something like wasn't this her second nose job.  She said well I wouldn't get a nose job just to get a nose job.  He followed up with oh did you have like a deviated septum or...? (I wish he was this thorough at reunions). Then she explained the lip touching end of her nose issue.  

Maybe her nose wouldn't touch her lips if her new horse teeth weren't so damn large.  Just saying.

• Love 3
(edited)

If you said the second picture is Tamar Braxton, most people would agree.  Maybe, she can become the secret "Braxton sister".

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Maybe her nose wouldn't touch her lips if her new horse teeth weren't so damn large.  Just saying.

remarks like this is probably why she got her nose done in the first place.  it's more of darned if you do and darned if you don't situation.  She just cannot win.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

ZaldamoWilder, I got the opposite from it, I thought she was admitting the first nose job as being done just to be done and the second one being done to correct something from the first one. I thought she was saying that she didn't have the second one just to be getting one. But then went on to also say that if she wanted to do another one she would. I may watch again to see where I am off. 

Good one luckyroll.  Haha you be a mean one. I don't blame her for one second for getting her teeth fixed. I have a best friend since high school and she had the grey teeth that happened during the 60's/70's where something was given and the teeth turned grey. They were also rotted. She went in her mid forties and got all her teeth pulled and got a set of false teeth. She smiles now. They look big, but dang it, she smiles. 

I found this clip: She said she got the first one to change her nostrils, the second one to fix the lip touching. And at the end she clearly states that she had one because she can and will continue if she wants to. I just don't see her hiding it or saying it is medical only. 

I gotcha girl.  Rewatched the clip and I don't think you're off at all.  It was a quibble for me because she made a point of implying that her rhinoplasties have been medically necessary.  Enlarging nostrils, like for an obstruction or to increase respiratory function sounds like it falls into the necessary category.  Making it harder to breathe by reducing your nasal passage size and shaving off the tip of your nose is elective.  That's Janet Jackson take out this here 5th rib I'm not using elective.   And the thing is that's perfectly fine, so what's the problem?  Thank you for asking lol.  The problem I have and have always had with Nene is about her need to muddle/complicate/seek to generate attention by overstating what no one even gives a shit about.  I wasn't even paying attention to her story until she was all finger in the air, hold up now, I don't have surgery just to have it.   Yes you do.  Because, it still only falls into 2 categories Lenethia.

58 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

remarks like this is probably why she got her nose done in the first place.  it's more of darned if you do and darned if you don't situation.  She just cannot win.

We notice things about ourselves that other people don't.  Ms. I-said-what-I-said has never struck me as someone particularly influenced by other people's opinions.  I'm betting she got it done because it bothered her.  But that might just be about my personal opinion that if you fuck with your face it's because you feel ugly/unworthy on the inside.  I not only didn't think anything about her old nose, I didn't notice how it was different from her new one until she said it on WWHL.   She can win if she wants to but she keeps overcompensating with that grandiose sense of self-importance and (for me) it gets in the way of her likeability.

• Love 6

We notice things about ourselves that other people don't.  Ms. I-said-what-I-said has never struck me as someone particularly influenced by other people's opinions.  I'm betting she got it done because it bothered her.  But that might just be about my personal opinion that if you fuck with your face it's because you feel ugly/unworthy on the inside.  I not only didn't think anything about her old nose, I didn't notice how it was different from her new one until she said it on WWHL.   She can win if she wants to but she keeps overcompensating with that grandiose sense of self-importance and (for me) it gets in the way of her likeability.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that ever since she has been on RHOA , she has been called ugly, moose, and several names I cannot mention in mixed company.  Even though she tries to show a tough exterior and tries to dismiss the nastiness, there has to be a point where it has to affect her,  hence why she does these surgeries.  Yes, she is doing it for herself but my thing is she gets banged no matter what she does so no, she can't win.

• Love 1

I don't think anything said on this show bothers NeNe, because she gives as good as she gets. Her insecurities and feelings of inadequacy come from her childhood, in my opinion. The people I know personally who have had multiple surgeries to "fix" their looks, for whatever reason, all stem from them being told they weren't pretty when they were a kid. It's easy to ignore that when you're grown up, but when you're a child it sticks with you.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that ever since she has been on RHOA , she has been called ugly, moose, and several names I cannot mention in mixed company.  Even though she tries to show a tough exterior and tries to dismiss the nastiness, there has to be a point where it has to affect her,  hence why she does these surgeries.  Yes, she is doing it for herself but my thing is she gets banged no matter what she does so no, she can't win.

By whom?

41 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I don't think anything said on this show bothers NeNe, because she gives as good as she gets. Her insecurities and feelings of inadequacy come from her childhood, in my opinion. The people I know personally who have had multiple surgeries to "fix" their looks, for whatever reason, all stem from them being told they weren't pretty when they were a kid. It's easy to ignore that when you're grown up, but when you're a child it sticks with you.

This.  She legitimately felt thrown away by both parents, so I can easily see how she got here.  I just don't remember anyone on the show referring to her as ugly.   Sheree told her to fix her face in one of the reunions, but she was alluding to Nene's expression not her looks.  I think she also said something about her teeth in a sit down, again that exchange was in response to Nene's claim of being a rich bitch cashing Trump checks and Sheree was like rich people don't have any excuse to have raggedy teeth.   All internal, the only thing *wrong* with her before teeth was they were small.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Nene got her nose done and her teeth fixed because SHE didn't like how they looked.  I actually thought her original face was fine and that she was a nice looking woman.  But that doesn't change the fact that her new teeth are very large and her recent nose is drastically different.  Changes like these are what drive people to make comments in the first place. 

• Love 5

Oh please, NeNe comments on any damn thing on any damn body she wants to. From Kim's wigs to Claudia's clit. She is insecure in her own appearance and needs to own it. That's why she gets her face and body cut up. 

• Love 6

I get where NeNe is coming from. As I have gotten older, I can no longer breathe through my nose. Not sure why. I have never liked my nose. It is not ugly but it is not pretty either and certainly does not enhance my looks. I may consult with a cosmetic surgeon at some point to fix my nose so that I can breathe and it would be great if it helps me look better too.

NeNe should be able to do whatever she wants with her money. I would do a lot too if I was making her kind of coin.

NeNe is a very tall woman but she embraces it by wearing high heel shoes. Good for her!

• Love 1
On 6/23/2016 at 11:44 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

By whom?

This.  She legitimately felt thrown away by both parents, so I can easily see how she got here.  I just don't remember anyone on the show referring to her as ugly.   Sheree told her to fix her face in one of the reunions, but she was alluding to Nene's expression not her looks.  I think she also said something about her teeth in a sit down, again that exchange was in response to Nene's claim of being a rich bitch cashing Trump checks and Sheree was like rich people don't have any excuse to have raggedy teeth.   All internal, the only thing *wrong* with her before teeth was they were small.

I for one, and many others on twop called NeNe a moose. She's large in stature and would constantly charge at people. I have no problem with the moniker. Sometime later Kim called NeNe a moose although I didn't think it was appropriate that she said it on camera to her daughter.

I've always thought NeNe was attractive and well built. Her only natural flaws are her large pores and her lack of back teeth which were really not much of a problem. I find her biggest problem to be her love of those god awful yellow mops she attaches to her head. Now she's the victim of the dentist and plastic surgeon. This latest nose job is just so sad. Looks like a dog bit off the bottom.

• Love 4

If NeNe or anyone wants to change their looks with surgery, and you can afford it, go for it!! It's when they try to lie or stretch the truth about the "why" of the surgery. Kim Z. is an expert in this, as is her oldest daughter. I wish NeNe would just say "Heck yes, I had plastic surgery, I picked out this nose and I LOVE IT!!" Own it, woman!

I think she would get a lot less disparaging remarks if she told everyone she did it and was happy she did. Because as someone who had a deviated septum fixed, no way in heck did that nose job become necessary for medical reasons.

• Love 5