Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

The guys on PopRoast say that there are rumors that Bravo will no longer pay exorbitant rates to the housewives - that the women have gotten too big for their britches and that the show is no longer pulling in the money it once did.

They say that one consideration is paying the women per episode, and that there are plenty of women out there who will work for much less than the current line-up.

This applies to the entire franchise, not just Atlanta has some of the highest rates.

They also commented that attendance at the reunions has been rewarded with "purses" in the past. A kind of bonus for showing up.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Tanya and her closet are featured in this month's Essence.  I bet Nene and Marlo are seething.  

I didn't know Essence magazine still existed.

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The guys on PopRoast say that there are rumors that Bravo will no longer pay exorbitant rates to the housewives - that the women have gotten too big for their britches and that the show is no longer pulling in the money it once did.

It's not that, Bravo is cheap as fuck, that's why these networks have so many reality shows, it's a cheap way to make a lot of money.

• Love 2

I have been watching reruns from Season 1, NeNe literally has not changed at all, she is still nasty, Kim's wig was terrible and so was her singing, Big Poppa bought her a $14,000 bracelet, a Range Rover, clothes from all the designers which struck me funny because she kept showing up in the same black vest.

Sheree's no fashion fashion show started the ball rolling for all the businesses and charities that appeared then disappeared in a blink of an eye. 

Greg was Nene's butler then as he is now and the voice of reason and looks pretty much the same.

I did love watching the reunion, no fancy dresses and no extreme cleavagefest, Nene was the only one that was trying get off the couch and go for Kim but Lisa Wu kept her in place and it was the birthplace of "Close your legs to married men."

Although the show is the same, the cast is better now.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Fingers move too fast!
  • Love 9

Yeah, Nene was still nasty, but I also found her to be a bit more fun in the earlier seasons.

For the me, the best years of the show would be seasons 2 to 4. Not to say we haven't had good years since, but for me, those 3 seasons would be my own "glory days" of the show.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have been watching reruns from Season 1, NeNe literally has not changed at all, she is still nasty, Kim's wig was terrible and so was her singing, Big Poppa bought her a $14,000 bracelet, a Range Rover, clothes from all the designers which struck me funny because she kept showing up in the same black vest.

Sheree's no fashion fashion show started the ball rolling for all the businesses and charities that appeared then disappeared in a blink of an eye. 

Greg was Nene's butler then as he is now and the voice of reason and looks pretty much the same.

I did love watching the reunion, no fancy dresses and no extreme cleavagefest, Nene was the only one that was trying get off the couch and go for Kim but Lisa Wu kept her in place and it was the birthplace of "Close your legs to married men."

Although the show is the same, the cast is better now.

Come join me in the past seasons rehash thread!  I also started re-watching and need someone to snark with.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Looks like the reunion is cancelled.

A reunion where they have to practice social distancing could be entertaining. Getting up to drag someone by the hair and you have to restrain yourself 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

They can still throw shoes and pillows at each other, no?

Not over Skype. It’s not just the housewives it’s a shit ton of crew and makeup people and many of those people would have to travel. It’s literally a global pandemic that we are only beginning to see the impact of in the US. Cancelling or postponing the reunion is the only logically thing to do.

• Love 2

I am hoping you’re  joking. It’s not only a national state of Emegency the Governor of Georgia has declared a state one and authorized the National Guard and postponed the Presidential primary among other measures. It’s legit not a trivial situation.

Edited by biakbiak
4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Of course I am joking. I'd have thought it was obvious.

Given the amount of people currently packing bars and restaurants around the country it very much is not obvious.

2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Ok, but what does that have to do with me and my comments?

The fact that people arent taking it seriously and there are many, many people bitching online about them unnecessarily canceling things including this reunion. Your comments read like people who are seriously upset about them canceling and or don’t see the big deal with filming it.

Edited by biakbiak

The fact that people arent taking it seriously and their are many, many people bitching online about them unnecessarily canceling things including this reunion. Your comments read like people who are seriously upset about them canceling and or don’t see the big deal with filming it.

Well, if you don't like my comments, you can just block me 🙂

• Love 5

Well, now that you know, can this line of conversation end? A little bit of snarking on the would-be reunion isn't going to hurt anyone.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Of course I am joking. I'd have thought it was obvious.

Wait, so you *weren’t* serious about them trading their ball gowns for hazmat suits? 😉

...or would they wear the hazmat suits over their gowns? Can you imagine how awful the audio would be, with their muffled voices and every movement of the suit being picked up by the mic?

Instead of pillows and shoes, they could fling rolls of toilet paper and gobs of hand sanitizer at each other. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, now that you know, can this line of conversation end? A little bit of snarking on the would-be reunion isn't going to hurt anyone.

Yes!  Let’s keep it light here, and keep snarking- it’s too anxiety-inducing everywhere else.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Nene is certainly not my favorite by any means, but I agreed with her. Eva can definitely go. I don't think Nene needs to be the one to deliver that opinion but what she said isn't necessarily untrue lol. I hate how Eva always goes for age too. Who cares if Nene is no longer of child-bearing age? Everyone gets older, if they are lucky. Eva will get there some day too. 🤦‍♀️

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Nene is certainly not my favorite by any means, but I agreed with her. Eva can definitely go. I don't think Nene needs to be the one to deliver that opinion but what she said isn't necessarily untrue lol. I hate how Eva always goes for age too. Who cares if Nene is no longer of child-bearing age? Everyone gets older, if they are lucky. Eva will get there some day too. 🤦‍♀️

Apparently Nene released a song in response to Eva's post.  

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Laughed so hard tears were coming out of my eyes and I was silent laughing vs, my normal loud laugh. That doesn’t happen everyday, especially these days.

I'm still laughing at #SeptemberSpringSummer!  

tenor.gif?itemid=5340955

Girl, it's called fall!

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, link417 said:

Spring/Summer collections actually are shown around September, though. Sheree was BSing out of her ass, but she got that right, at least.

Except she was talking about when the infamous Chateau Sheree would be complete, not her no fashions clothing line!

• LOL 5

Here we go again with Nene talking shit about someone and then acting like they're crazy when they call her out.  

Also, it's not Kandi's fault that Bravo doesn't think your show ideas are entertaining.....

• Love 9

Nene got dissed by Wendy Williams in a bizarre rent on her show yesterday. Wendy seems lost after her bitter divorce. I don't understand why Nene is going after Kandi and the other ladies. I don't care for Kenya and I find Nene's hatred of her to be weird even for her.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Except she was talking about when the infamous Chateau Sheree would be complete, not her no fashions clothing line!

🤣 Welp, I tried to help a girl out but ain’t no saving stupid, I guess. 🥴

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Here we go again with Nene talking shit about someone and then acting like they're crazy when they call her out.  

Also, it's not Kandi's fault that Bravo doesn't think your show ideas are entertaining.....

IIRC, on RHoATL only Kandi & Kim Z have gotten spin offs, so she was clearly talking about one of them. Kandi did a video interview explaining how she pitched show ideas to Bravo (or, whatever the name of the media company) & how you have to have people around you who are willing to be filmed, who are open about sharing their personal business & who are compelling to watch. Kandi had that with the Old Lady Gang & Kim with her daughters with all the surgeries. Kandi also said the spin offs could not take away from any potential storyline on RHoATL. Nene is compelling as an individual, but a spin off needs to be an ensemble show. I like Greg well enough, but he & their sons would make pretty boring tv. 

• Love 4