Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

Apparently Peter is still in jail in Miami.  The Louisiana authorities are too busy with Mardi Gras to worry about him right now.  

Louisiana authorities have to make the decision if they want him extradited back there (saw it quoted that it costs the state around $30k to do so) or if he will be released if he's sworn to go there on his own to face charges.  If it's a small amount, they won't be spending the $30k, but he has bad timing.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Oh WWHL last night, Andy confirmed that Nene has unfollowed everyone except Marlo and Shamari on social media (including Andy himself).  He also mentioned that the belt topic was brought up at the reunion.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, melkel14 said:

Oh WWHL last night, Andy confirmed that Nene has unfollowed everyone except Marlo and Shamari on social media (including Andy himself).  He also mentioned that the belt topic was brought up at the reunion.

This season has been a bore but it seems like the reunion may just end up being explosive. Nene has been treating people poorly all season and using the excuse of people not understanding what she's going through with Greg (as if she wasn't a rude shady ass bitch before he got sick) and she should be called to task...especially when she's on camera lecturing other people about how they act but then she does the same shit and maneuvers every which way possible to justify herself. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, melkel14 said:

Wait even Cynthia?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Wait even Cynthia?

Even Cynthia.

1 hour ago, politichick said:

I thought they said she's still following Andy on Twitter.

Nope, he isn't on her list and following up some pettiness...he unfollowed her as well, lol. Something must have been said between them that made him feel inclined to note follow her (unless she blocked him or something). 

I think it's a fair guess that Nene had a horrible reunion experience and she's probably going to get out in front of all of this by unfollowing everyone, maybe making herself into a victim and then claiming she quit even though there have been rumous that they weren't going to ask her back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Even Cynthia.

Nope, he isn't on her list and following up some pettiness...he unfollowed her as well, lol. Something must have been said between them that made him feel inclined to note follow her (unless she blocked him or something). 

I think it's a fair guess that Nene had a horrible reunion experience and she's probably going to get out in front of all of this by unfollowing everyone, maybe making herself into a victim and then claiming she quit even though there have been rumous that they weren't going to ask her back.

Nene was on Andy's show not too long ago and he looked to be over her antics. She was really nasty even to him.  Nene is just a nasty person.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nene was on Andy's show not too long ago and he looked to be over her antics. She was really nasty even to him.  Nene is just a nasty person.  

Yeah, I think she was on last week soon after last week's episode aired because she got questions about her reaction to the women and cameraman going into her closet and she 100% defended all of it. But she was acting hella extra, even for her, but I only saw clips on Youtube, didn't watch the episode...Andy seemed more confused by her antics than anything else. 

• Love 6

One of the blind items states that during a reality tv reunion, filmed recently, a sick and sobbing husband was begging his wife not to leave him. The two of them are taking Gregg's illness to the bank.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Nene was on Instagram live and she went in on Cynthia.  She called her sneaky, underhanded and she made it clear that she is no longer friends with her.  Nene said that she never unfollowed Andy on Instagram because they never followed each other on there. However, they do follow each other on twitter. 

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nene was on Instagram live and she went in on Cynthia.  She called her sneaky, underhanded and she made it clear that she is no longer friends with her.  Nene said that she never unfollowed Andy on Instagram because they never followed each other on there. However, they do follow each other on twitter. 

Andy says he follows each and every housewife on IG, even former ones. Nene is not on that list. Both of them can't be telling the truth here. Either he unfollowed and is making it seem like Nene blocked him (hence why she's not showing up on his list) or she did in fact block and unfollowed.

Nene is always falling in and out of friendships. The idea that she's never part of the problem is laughable. I don't think I've seen Cynthia demonstrate sneaky behaviour. She often avoids confrontation, she keeps her temper in check and she probably gossips the least among the women. I mean, often times she just seems to be 'there' as an HW option that isn't always stirred in drama. Maybe Cynthia did do something to hurt Nene, but I'm less inclined to believe that she would behave unprovoked. Nene has always thrown shade when Cynthia keeps friendships outside of her approval. With the rumours about how the reunion went down, I'm going to guess that Nene expected Cynthia to take sides and she probably didn't (which is not a Cynthia thing to do anyway) and that pissed Nene off. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Andy says he follows each and every housewife on IG, even former ones. Nene is not on that list. Both of them can't be telling the truth here. Either he unfollowed and is making it seem like Nene blocked him (hence why she's not showing up on his list) or she did in fact block and unfollowed.

Nene is always falling in and out of friendships. The idea that she's never part of the problem is laughable. I don't think I've seen Cynthia demonstrate sneaky behaviour. She often avoids confrontation, she keeps her temper in check and she probably gossips the least among the women. I mean, often times she just seems to be 'there' as an HW option that isn't always stirred in drama. Maybe Cynthia did do something to hurt Nene, but I'm less inclined to believe that she would behave unprovoked. Nene has always thrown shade when Cynthia keeps friendships outside of her approval. With the rumours about how the reunion went down, I'm going to guess that Nene expected Cynthia to take sides and she probably didn't (which is not a Cynthia thing to do anyway) and that pissed Nene off. 

Cynthia always kisses up to Nene and Nene does not like it when Cynthia does not do what she wants. Rumor has it that Cynthia is still close to Kenya and has been actively lobbying to get her back and Nene is pissed off.  She sees it as a betrayal and the season finale was the straw that broke the camel's back and the Reunion put the nail in the coffin regarding their friendship. Also, Nene played victim and hated on everybody on her Instagram live chat.. So, she will never change. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I saw a rumor that Cynthia said something against Nene while being mic'ed on the reunion, but it's only a rumor and had that be true I'm sure Nene would've alluded to it, on her rant she mostly said something happened on the last episode. If that is true, still, I wouldn't blame Cynthia one bit, her only flaw is that she should be more vocal about her opinions but you can't go one-on-one with a sensitive loud-mouth and that's exactly what Nene is, plus a friendship with her must be draining.

I don't want Nene on the next season but I'm also not too keen on Kenya. I know this season has been beyond boring but it wasn't because the lack of Kenya or Phaedra, it's because they didn't find good enough replacements. I didn't think this format was a good fit for Shamari, Tanya Sam is too nice and while Evan is a good "reader" I don't think her life is interesting enough for a peach. 

If Porsha was the best part of the series, it's time for a makeover. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Andy seemed to first learn that Nene was no longer following him on WWHL the other night.  I'm forgetting who was on, but it was after the show this past week and the comments were made that Nene was no longer following anyone on the cast except Shemari and Marlo on social media after the reunion.  Andy then made some references to the reunion being dramatic and then later he said that the control room informed him that she is no longer following him on instagram.  He further updated that it appears she IS following him on twitter.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2019 at 1:11 PM, RHJunkie said:

Maybe NeNe needs to be on a friendship contract... 😑

• LOL 13

I saw that WWHL and NeNe mentioned she was shooting some show in Canada.  Could this new show be the reason she thinks she can move on from the Howives and not worry about the wrath of Andy Cohen?  Cause lawd knows, if you piss HIM off, YOU GONE! 

This could also be why she wants to kick Greg to the curb. Just sayin.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I saw that WWHL and NeNe mentioned she was shooting some show in Canada.  Could this new show be the reason she thinks she can move on from the Howives and not worry about the wrath of Andy Cohen?  Cause lawd knows, if you piss HIM off, YOU GONE! 

I wouldn't be surprised.  She had that same mentality when she started working with Ryan Murphy and then got a role on that awful sitcom of his.  Then all of a sudden, she was too good for the show and the other ladies.

• Love 11
On 3/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, goofygirl said:

Well that would be quite stupid of her. There are plenty of instances where a pilot is picked up but they replace actors. Not sure if that would be a network thing, a scheduling thing or maybe there could be a number of factors that are in play but filming a pilot doesn't guarantee you a job EVEN if the pilot is picked up. It would seem silly to catch your chickens before they hatch. This is just Nene being her self-absorbed self thinking that she's better than everyone else and is always right. She doesn't need to any kind of job opportunity to give her ego that boost.

• Love 10

I thought it was really interesting what Nene said about Cynthia on her rant. That she doesn't have any hate towards her or ill will, and that she has no problem speaking to her, and that they are coworkers from now on. I wonder if the biggest part of that problem is the rumor that Cynthia wants Kenya back on the show. I love Kenya and Cynthia's friendship. It seems real and not full of drama, it's fun, and I don't think Cynthia feels like Kenya will just fly off the rails unexpectedly. If the sneaky, underhanded thing that Cynthia did was lobby to get Kenya back on the show, I'm not mad at that. Nene said that we might see a little bit of it on the finale, and that would give us insight into how Cynthia is sneaky but I just don't see it. I agree with whoever said upthread that Nene is trying to get out ahead of this reunion drama and put out her narrative. The rest of the cast seems not to be bothered. It's actually pretty funny. Team Cynthia forever though.

• Love 11

I’m not a full time viewer of Atlanta as for me it has always felt the most manufactured.   I’ve been watching recently because I had to see just how terrible Greg has been to Nene to warrant her publicly blasting him...as he’s fighting Stsge 3 cancer.  Shockingly, the show has failed to show us footage of evil Greg.

Watching the woman fall all over themselves to remain in Nene’s good graces is really nutso.  I’m hoping that the rumors are true that they all finally come to their senses st the reunion and call her out on the evil bitch that she is.  I had Stage 2 breast cancer and I’m sure that my husband had a moment or two of being fed up, but he sure as hell never let me know nor did he publicly shame me.  Nope, he made sure I had what I needed and more importantly that our son was getting everything he needed.  I fucking can’t get over Nene.  

• Love 18

I didn’t watch this season, and I feel as though I’ve been at an expensive spa somewhere, getting a total body cleanse.

For these women — or anyone — to worry about who’s following who, who’s mad at who — it says something’s really wrong in TV watching.

I miss Wild Kingdom when Marlin would send Jim out into the swamp to wrestle the alligator. I wish all of these real housewives would fade away before too many women get the idea that “being them” is cool.

🙂

• Love 9

For what it is worth, Nene is now on Instagram laughing that people are saying she and Greg are separating.   Uh...YOU said it!  

She does say that she and Greg both acted the best they knew how but fell short but are doing well now.   

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

For what it is worth, Nene is now on Instagram laughing that people are saying she and Greg are separating.   Uh...YOU said it!  

She does say that she and Greg both acted the best they knew how but fell short but are doing well now.   

Wow, she must not have expected the serious backlash her behavior caused and is feeling the repercussions of the results of her nasty behavior 

• Love 10

I think at some point Bravo should wipe the slates clean in all of the Housewife shows.  The longer the "housewives" stay on the show, the more popular they become, the larger their heads become.  And the sad truth is that folks want the drama and the shade.  Eva's wedding looked like a nice affair, but I can tell you that if the show was just about her wedding, people would have been all over SM saying how "BORING" the episode was.  

Here's something from next week's episode, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Dumbass Kandi saying, "Eva's moving from one RENTAL to another RENTAL, that's shady."  Um Kandi, isn't your husband from NYC?  Most folks in NYC go from one rental to another.  Some people just don't want the ball and chain of a house (and honey, a house is never really yours.  You don't pay the mortgage, the bank takes it, then once it's paid off if you don't pay the taxes the government takes it)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think at some point Bravo should wipe the slates clean in all of the Housewife shows.  The longer the "housewives" stay on the show, the more popular they become, the larger their heads become.  And the sad truth is that folks want the drama and the shade.  Eva's wedding looked like a nice affair, but I can tell you that if the show was just about her wedding, people would have been all over SM saying how "BORING" the episode was.  

Hide contents

Dumbass Kandi saying, "Eva's moving from one RENTAL to another RENTAL, that's shady."  Um Kandi, isn't your husband from NYC?  Most folks in NYC go from one rental to another.  Some people just don't want the ball and chain of a house (and honey, a house is never really yours.  You don't pay the mortgage, the bank takes it, then once it's paid off if you don't pay the taxes the government takes it)

Hahahahahah!  It is annoying how they are all going in like that on Eva.  Not sure Eva was acting snooty on the show....from what I have seen...she doesn’t deserve this storyline.

We all know Housewives is a fake it till you make it kinda show.....especially ATL.

Because, the opportunity to make it big on a show like HW is very good.

Who is/was fake  it till make it .......1-3 seasons.....on ATL..?

Kim Z

Deshawn

Lisa

Nene

Sheree

Kenya 

Marlo (she claims investments is how she got her money)

Phaedra......??? (She had so many jobs and got her mansion while Apollo was stealing money)

Porsha ( hahah! She got her house and then said...this will make me get money.....gotta look the part!...)

Kandi is the only one that had bucks.....but, nobody has ever said otherwise.....they allow her to be the rich HW. We also see Kandi helping Shamira get a top song. Guessing Kandi is getting a cut! 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hide contents

We'll have to wait and see the context of Kandi's comments but my initial reaction was that the quick move had to do with just having a big wedding that she openly spoke about being over budget for. If Eva is downsizing, then I can't think of what reasonable context Kandi would have to make that comment...but if she's upsizing her space, then I can see how that would look odd after complaining about her finances after a wedding.

• Love 5
On 3/19/2019 at 10:19 AM, RHJunkie said:

We'll have to wait and see the context of Kandi's comments but my initial reaction was that the quick move had to do with just having a big wedding that she openly spoke about being over budget for. If Eva is downsizing, then I can't think of what reasonable context Kandi would have to make that comment...but if she's upsizing her space, then I can see how that would look odd after complaining about her finances after a wedding.

Spoiler

It sounded to me like OMG, she's moving from one rental to another!  Kandi, ask your husband to explain how there's nothing wrong with rentals.  Such a silly woman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/19/2019 at 7:19 AM, RHJunkie said:

I think the context is that Eva has been acting like she is buying a new home not just renting a new one.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 12:00 PM, Neurochick said:

Buying, renting, who cares?

Yup.

The bank owns the house...until the homeowner makes that last mortgage payment..

Until that time..the homeowner is essentially renting.

2 hours ago, artisto said:

Yup.

The bank owns the house...until the homeowner makes that last mortgage payment..

Until that time..the homeowner is essentially renting.

And even after you make the last mortgage payment, the state can take your house if you don't pay taxes OR if they claim Eminent Domain.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, carolinagirl81 said:

Ooh girl! This is getting juicy!

http://straightfromthea.com/2019/03/29/rhoa-closetgate-continues-porsha-williams-nene-leakes-release-text-messages-online/

21 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Nene is just about as low as she can go. She's lost without Greg kissing her ass and holding her purse and propping her up, she's not getting the full narcassist meal and it's made her stupid crazy.

She can go lower. The key part of the video is around the 25 minute mark where Nene complains that Kandi has told producers that she'll leave if Phaedra returns as if Phaedra's absence from the show is some gross injustice. Phaedra's misdeeds are even more grotesque when you realize Phaedra is the mother of two Black boys and Nene is mother of two Black men, but neither seems to be much troubled by aiming false sexual assault allegations at a person of color. And like we don't know that people of color have been murdered when similar false allegations have been leveled at them.

Kenya and Phaedra aren't even remotely the same. Talk about gross false equivalency. I hope this is the hill Nene chooses to die on so I never ever have to see her again on RHoA.

• Love 2

The thing is, as much as we on this board complain about Nene, there are a lot of people who don't.  So, what I think Bravo should do is if the show comes back next season, have Nene as a "friend of," the same way they did to Porsha when she attacked Kenya at the reunion.  In fact, I don't think Nene should have been a "housewife" this season; they should have told her, "you have enough on your plate with Greg, we don't need to see you with a peach this season."

Or, maybe they can do what RHONYC did, take a year off.  I don't even know how many of the women want to come back next season.  

I also don't see Kenya even wanting to come back.  Doesn't she live in NYC?  When she was on the show, I remember her not going on one of the trips, she also seems to want to keep her relationship with her husband private.  I wouldn't come on RHOA if I were her.

Speaking of Phaedra, once Miss Lawrence was on Watch What Happens Live, and he kept asking Andy Cohen, "where's Phaedra?"  I laughed because the show was so shady about her leaving, as if they want to remove all traces of her.  I don't like what Phaedra did, but please don't pretend that she was never on the show.  I mean Andy Cohen should have looked Miss Lawrence in the face and said, "Phaedra's not on the show anymore because of those ugly rumors she spread about Kandi."  But maybe there are legal reasons they can't say anything.

Personally, I think they should scrub the cast every few years from all these Housewives shows.  After awhile, they get boring and all think they're HBIC.  I think when Nene left to do her NBC show, they shouldn't have brought her back; but I think Bravo did because the show was boring, not because Nene wasn't there, but because the women they had on the show were just boring.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

Did anybody else happen to see that Eva posted some video footage of her wedding that was from her videographer and it look really really beautiful I almost shed a tear from some of the speeches that was shown in the clip and from the vows of her and Michael.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2019 at 7:23 PM, Neurochick said:

The thing is, as much as we on this board complain about Nene, there are a lot of people who don't.  So, what I think Bravo should do is if the show comes back next season, have Nene as a "friend of," the same way they did to Porsha when she attacked Kenya at the reunion.  In fact, I don't think Nene should have been a "housewife" this season; they should have told her, "you have enough on your plate with Greg, we don't need to see you with a peach this season."

Or, maybe they can do what RHONYC did, take a year off.  I don't even know how many of the women want to come back next season.  

I also don't see Kenya even wanting to come back.  Doesn't she live in NYC?  When she was on the show, I remember her not going on one of the trips, she also seems to want to keep her relationship with her husband private.  I wouldn't come on RHOA if I were her.

Speaking of Phaedra, once Miss Lawrence was on Watch What Happens Live, and he kept asking Andy Cohen, "where's Phaedra?"  I laughed because the show was so shady about her leaving, as if they want to remove all traces of her.  I don't like what Phaedra did, but please don't pretend that she was never on the show.  I mean Andy Cohen should have looked Miss Lawrence in the face and said, "Phaedra's not on the show anymore because of those ugly rumors she spread about Kandi."  But maybe there are legal reasons they can't say anything.

Personally, I think they should scrub the cast every few years from all these Housewives shows.  After awhile, they get boring and all think they're HBIC.  I think when Nene left to do her NBC show, they shouldn't have brought her back; but I think Bravo did because the show was boring, not because Nene wasn't there, but because the women they had on the show were just boring.

Bravo never has and shouldn't be responsible for stepping in and policing whether the women are in a well enough state to film. That shouldn't be their call. What they should do is exercise sympathy and accommodation when time off is being requested for any number of reasons. This show has continued without Nene, I don't think they need to accommodate a hiatus for her though that's exactly what her ego will think she deserves. Unless Nene is the one that suggests taking on a part time role on the show, I don't think her ego will be okay with being offered only a 'Friend Of' role. Though the only full-time HW she's friends with at this point is Shamari so Shamari will have to start hosting a lot of events if they want to have Nene in any relevant capacity on the show (or they can finally give Marlo a peach, lol).

I think Kenya splits her time between Atlanta and NYC with her family but I'm not sure if they're moving back and forth every several months or if it's just weeks between. I can't tell if Kenya genuinely wants to come back or not but Kenya is a tease and I don't think she'd pass up an opportunity to give a vague answer to that question to keep people guessing. Truthfully, I'm not convinced her husband would be on board with their daughter on the show and clearly he's not all that comfortable with being on the show either. She's better off staying put where she is.

I think Bravo lets all non-returning HW announce their departure as being their decision even when it's actually Bravo making the decision for them. I think Andy has spilled on occasion that there are some housewives that he didn't want to leave but he couldn't do anything to keep them. I don't know if there's any legality surrounding it but I guess they're keeping up the facade because Pheadra made the announcement as though she prayed on it and decided as a family that she won't be returning though we all know good and well that was kicked to the curb for her stunt.

I wouldn't mind them swapping out often either...it would certainly avoid inflating the egos of people like Nene, Kim and Teresa who think they can treat people however they want and remain untouched because they're the Queen of their respective shows. It's when their egos get to that point that they start to turn into garbage humans who quickly begin losing the few good qualities they had that made the redeemable.

• Love 5

On 3/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, charliesan said:

IIf Porsha was the best part of the series, it's time for a makeover. 

My thoughts EXACTLY.  I've never been a Porsha fan, but she's coming out on top big time.

• Love 5

I saw on Wendy Williams that fans are wanting Tamar Braxton on RHOA? I remember the talk in the past, but is this currently a thing? I like Tamar on Braxton family values but I don't know if I would like her on RHOA, though I could see she and Kenya going at it if Kenya were to return. She and Nene are cool now, but might have a falling out if Nene thought Tamar was stealing her spotlight. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I saw on Wendy Williams that fans are wanting Tamar Braxton on RHOA? I remember the talk in the past, but is this currently a thing? I like Tamar on Braxton family values but I don't know if I would like her on RHOA, though I could see she and Kenya going at it if Kenya were to return. She and Nene are cool now, but might have a falling out if Nene thought Tamar was stealing her spotlight. 

What I saw - Nene did an interview  with someone where she said that some boring housewives should be fired from RHOA but they should bring on Tamar and Phaedra Parks who wouldn’t be boring. I saw this in a number of places. It was based on an interview Nene did but here’s a link to some of the info (as I had too much too drink and I don’t care enough to find the original source)

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/04/12/nene-leakes-wants-boring-people-off-real-housewives-of-atlanta-for-tamar-braxton-phaedra-parks-to-join-cast/

Sure Jan (Nene) - they will be great until they stop kowtowing to the almighty Nene.

(Well, I first have some facts and then interjected my opinion- typical drunk Friday - at least I own my awfulness)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I forgot why I was ok with Phaedra off the show until I rewatched the reunion unfold where Phaedra's lies came out. She can stay away. I can't imagine Kandi will stay and be cordial to Phaedra if that happens. Nene needs friends though. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I forgot why I was ok with Phaedra off the show until I rewatched the reunion unfold where Phaedra's lies came out. She can stay away. I can't imagine Kandi will stay and be cordial to Phaedra if that happens. Nene needs friends though. 

To be a friend you have to be a friend .....

• Love 4