Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

On 2017-05-14 at 10:59 PM, zoeysmom said:

Kim is always talking up her possessions and sporting expensive jewelry and the like. Kim also said Kroy made $20 million in the NFL.  Pure fantasy.  Maybe $6 million on a good day but no where close to $20 million.   http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kroy-biermann-3965/  So dream on Kim. http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/12457/breaking-down-kroy-biermanns-contract-with-falcons

Not sure if signing bonuses are included in the reported salary as the signing bonus is guaranteed money up front while the salary is terminated as soon as the player is let go ( to my understanding, the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts). Salary also wouldn't account for endorsement deals (which can make up quite a hefty amount of the overall net worth of an athlete). That said, I'll be clear in saying that I don't think that Kroy would be offered big singing bonuses nor do I think that he's got endorsement deals lined up out the door for him so his net work is likely similar to whatever his reported salaries have been throughout his years in the NHL...BUT it's possible that Kim thinks she can get away with making outlandish claims because people may not have the resources readily available to disprove her OR she really doesn't care if people call her out on her BS.

• Love 3

I remember Andy asking Kim if she's controlling her spending a few years ago.  He was clearly issuing a kind cautionary note.  She said she was but it seemed like an insincere response.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, WireWrap said:

So, in his own way Andy confirms that Phaedra is out and he tells why she was fired. Oh and nothing about Porsha, just Phaedra. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/andy-cohen-talks-phaedra-parks-173200234.html I guess not everyone is angry at Porsha.

Kandi is:  http://www.eonline.com/news/857386/kandi-burruss-on-phaedra-parks-after-real-housewives-of-atlanta-drama-we-can-never-talk-again

I do see Porsha capable of contrition it is all about celebrating her success in life.  Even Sheree I think would have a hard time with being the one left to film with Porsha.

• Love 3
On 5/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, cooksdelight said:

He hasn't nor will have any endorsement deals other than hawking Kim's shit on Instagram.

My cousin had a 7 year NFL career. Other than happening to be on a team when when the team won the Super Bowl, he had a distinctly unremarkable professional football career. He's also an unbelievably unpleasant person who has almost no ability to fake being nice or personable. Even he managed to get some endorsements.

Kroy's participation on the Atlanta version of Dancing with the Stars way back when indicates that he and his management were working to get him out there and get some endorsements. Unfortunately Wig's magic 'nani managed to derail his earlier ambitions. Now he's 31 years old with 6 kids whose maternal role model is an unbelievably lazy woman who despite receiving some post secondary education achieved her success by laying back, parting her thighs and being ignorant.

• Love 9

Honestly, I used to find Kim completely entertaining.  Then she had a bunch of babies, spent tons of money, and changed her face.   Desperation and a weak husband who allows it to happen is all I see.  The entertainment value is gone for me.  It's just become sad, and kinda dark.  

Anyone know if Porsha is returning or if Kandi hit her with a lawsuit?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Honestly, I used to find Kim completely entertaining.  Then she had a bunch of babies, spent tons of money, and changed her face.   Desperation and a weak husband who allows it to happen is all I see.  The entertainment value is gone for me.  It's just become sad, and kinda dark.  

Anyone know if Porsha is returning or if Kandi hit her with a lawsuit?

Porsha will be back next season and the only one Kandi has filed against is Johnnie Winston, at least so far.

• Love 1
On 2017-05-27 at 9:06 AM, cooksdelight said:

Kim forgot to get this photo retouched before releasing it. See the scars from her boob implants? And that trim, fit midsection? LOL

IMG_2372.JPG

It's scary how much Brielle looks like her....down to wearing the same clothes, lol.

• Love 2

no real comment on the prenup, but on the photos on the TMZ page. Phaedra has aged quickly and harshly in these past few years. I'd chalk it up to her lies and the Apollo fuckery, but the same has happened to Kandi when you look at her starting photos compared to current. I would compare Kim and NeNe too, but they've had knives and needles involved in their transformations. 

The only ones who look like they did when they started (minus light gradual aging) are Kenya, Cynthia and Sheree. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, cooksdelight said:

Kim forgot to get this photo retouched before releasing it. See the scars from her boob implants? And that trim, fit midsection? LOL

IMG_2372.JPG

That trashy-looking tattoo she's getting in that picture doesn't help.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/31/2017 at 5:26 AM, RHJunkie said:

It's scary how much Brielle looks like her....down to wearing the same clothes, lol.

Brielle is f#$&ing up her face. She looks 30 trying to look 20 and lost her natural beauty.

Edited by Giselle
Autocorrect screw up.
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kandi's printing press of money isn't running out of ink anytime soon:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kandi-burruss-i-almost-quit-the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-w485649  SHe has added a second Bravo show.

Hmmmm........ The timing of this is suspicious to me. This new show would have had to be in the works before Porsha outed Phaedra's lie during filming. Something smells! Maybe the producer really did feed Phaedra that lie and that is why Kandi got this new show!

Edited by WireWrap

The timing of this is suspicious to me. This new show would have had to be in the works before Porsha outed Phaedra's lie during filming. Something smells! Maybe the producer really did feed Phaedra that lie and that is why Kandi got this new show!

I'm not sure how Kandi getting her new show and the mess with Phaedra and Porsha are supposed to be related. So what if it was in the works before P&P began spreading their malicious lie? So Kandi got her new show as a reward? That doesn't make any sense to me.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

It's a separate thing. It's being produced by the woman who produces the love and hip hop shows, so I'm sort of surprised it isn't on VH1. That's really the better channel for it, tbh

There is a rival one being done as well, maybe it is on VH1.

25 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Me either.

Andy confirmed that Phaedra said that production told her the rumor and I suspect that Bravo/Andy gave Kandi the spin off to keep her from going after the production company legally, I am sure a lot of production secrets would have been revealed had she done it.  SO, the announcement of this new show being on Bravo makes me believe that CK did in fact start that lie/rumor and that Bravo is now cleaning up his mess.

10 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Even if your theory is true (and I am in no way co-signing on it), that still doesn't excuse nor justify Phaedra's role in the whole mess.

And I never said it did!

And I never said you said you did. Just stating that regardless of who or how the rumor started, Phaedra (and to a certain extent Porsha) shouldn't be let off the hook.

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Andy confirmed that Phaedra said that production told her the rumor and I suspect that Bravo/Andy gave Kandi the spin off to keep her from going after the production company legally, I am sure a lot of production secrets would have been revealed had she done it.  SO, the announcement of this new show being on Bravo makes me believe that CK did in fact start that lie/rumor and that Bravo is now cleaning up his mess.

When did he confirm this? AFAIK, Carlos has still been denying it all (his involvement). Was there an interview or something Andy did? 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Giselle said:

Brielle is f#$&ing up her face. She looks 30 trying to look 20 and lost her natural beauty.

I totally agree. In an effort to look 'sexy', you have the likes of her and Kylie Jenner running around town looking a decade older than what they are. And you have girls that start botox in their 20s to get a 'head start'. It hasn't helped. These girls end up looking older than they really are. But hey, at least they don't have laugh lines...because God forbid you show the world evidence of the enjoyment you've had in life!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

When did he confirm this? AFAIK, Carlos has still been denying it all (his involvement). Was there an interview or something Andy did? 

He said it a few times in interviews he has given.

To me it seems that Andy did NOT want to fire her, but when everyone else said they would not film with her, he had no choice.  That is BS-whether or not they would film with her is not the issue--she crossed a line end of story

• Love 3

Here is a link where Andy goes so far as to claim that Phaedra accused HIM of being the source of the rumor!  http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-news-andy-cohen-speaks-up-about-phaedra-parks-accusations-184316/

This is the first time I have read that she said it was him, all the other reports/blogs have her claiming it was CK that told her. But, Yes, Andy has acknowledge that Phaedra did blame "production" for that nasty lie/rumor.

(edited)

And I never said or implied that you said or implied that the accusations were true either.

At the end of the day, all of this is trivial. As someone posted upthread, Phaedra crossed a line with her shenanigans, end of story.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

To me it seems that Andy did NOT want to fire her, but when everyone else said they would not film with her, he had no choice.  That is BS-whether or not they would film with her is not the issue--she crossed a line end of story

It BS and frankly frightening to think Andy and his people are willing to cross any line of darker and sinister so long as it provides a lot of drama that translates into ratings but it seems more and more likely that that is what Andy and co are all about. In fact, I think Andy has a particular affection for HWs that are the most controversial because they're the ones that keep him lining his pockets and have lent to the success of his franchise which in turn has provided many more opportunities for him to get in front of the camera himself. So far, there seems to be two things that can get you fired from HWs - being too normal (aka boring, avoiding/not stirring up drama) and become so hated among the cast that they refuse to work with you and Bravo has no choice but to fire you because they ain't going to be signing paycheques addressed to you if they can't even get you an invite to any of the events that are sure to be used as footage for the show.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't believe for a second that Phaedra really got the rumor from production, she is a nasty piece of work and most likely made it up herself to get back at Kandi.

• Love 5
Just now, connieinnc said:

I don't believe for a second that Phaedra really got the rumor from production, she is a nasty piece of work and most likely made it up herself to get back at Kandi.

I'm sure she only made that accusation in an attempt to take the heat off of herself! LOL Heck, did she forget that she told Porsha that Kandi told her personally and that she admitted to that at the reunion first? LOL That said, even though it is a lie, it explains why Kandi got a new show on Bravo so fast, they were willing to do anything to keep her on the Atl. HW show at all costs.

• Love 3

Kandi has already had various spin-off and specials (some doing better than others), so the idea of her getting another one isn't that out of left field.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, BBHN said:

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Here is a link where Andy goes so far as to claim that Phaedra accused HIM of being the source of the rumor!  http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-news-andy-cohen-speaks-up-about-phaedra-parks-accusations-184316/

This is the first time I have read that she said it was him, all the other reports/blogs have her claiming it was CK that told her. But, Yes, Andy has acknowledge that Phaedra did blame "production" for that nasty lie/rumor.

3 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

The way Andy has always fawned over Phadra and her sons makes me feel that firing her was the last thing he wanted to do and just because others wouldn't film with her wasn't enough reason for him to cut her.  It took Andy himself and production being accused of starting the lie to make the final decision to dump her. They did damage control. They fired Phadra and gave the Kandi the show to appease her and not let this go to court where it would be a he said she said between Phadra and Andy as to who started it. Ultimately they would both be painted with the same bad brush and neither would be believed in the end.

It really says a lot that it took Andy being accused to make him act. I believe if he had had his druthers he would have kept Phadra on the show and Kandi be damned. He would have loved to see the cat fight continue for another season or two. The only things Kandi had in her favor is that she doesn't need the show and she has enough money to go after Bravo and Phadra and have her day in court and drag them through the bad publicity mud puddle.

Andy fired Phadra only because she dragged him into it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9