Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:12 AM, Iguessnot said:

Last year some outlets said Cynthia was fired, but she returned. Has anyone tallied the hits and misses from these websites?

I can believe it this time because Phaedra's alienated herself from everyone except Frick; and she's not necessary as it is! I can't imagine anything being the same after Porsha went nuts with pathological lying and Phaedra actually sticking up for her! Those scenes were ridiculous and I know I'd tell both to "go to HELL!" Kandi had to scream at Phaedra twice because she just wasn't registering that drug talk was being bandied about by Miss Underground Railroad! I'm shocked Porsha didn't get assaulted sitting there so pleased with herself giving everyone "her truth!" Sick broad there! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling
  • Love 2

From the article:

Note: All pickup letters are sent out simultaneously approximately two weeks after the taping of the reunion show(s) concludes. Each housewife is then notified whether their contract will be renewed. Bravo housewife contracts have pre-negotiated renewal clauses/options determining how many additional seasons their option is for and any respective salary increases. New contract negotiations do not occur each year.

Interesting. I was always under the assumption that Andy & Bravo at least wait until the reunion airs and see how the public at least reacts to everything. Sometimes a reunion can save a HW on the chopping block, sometimes it confirms to Andy & Bravo that the HW needs to be let go. I guess I was wrong then?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

From the article:

Interesting. I was always under the assumption that Andy & Bravo at least wait until the reunion airs and see how the public at least reacts to everything. Sometimes a reunion can save a HW on the chopping block, sometimes it confirms to Andy & Bravo that the HW needs to be let go. I guess I was wrong then?

Jill Zarin acted and talked herself right off RHNY! It was like she lost her mind and became so thirsty! Taping and hawking her WWHL interview she secretly recorded of Andy didn't help her branding; if there was any to begin with! ;-(

(edited)
8 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Last year some outlets said Cynthia was fired, but she returned. Has anyone tallied the hits and misses from these websites?

I haven't,  but Tamara Tattles is reporting the same - she did pick it up from the site linked to above, but goes on to say:

• "Pick-up letters have gone out."
  • "Andy Cohen was extremely distressed about Phaedra after the reunion"
  • "Phaedra implicated Carlos King in the rapey allegations against Kandi and other libelous comments"
  • "Carlos was let go"
  • "Kandi got her attorney involved in the situation"
  • "B. Scott has great sources for Atlanta"
  • "B.Scott is not running the site full time and it’s unclear if B. Scott is actually responsible for the post"
  • "The expectation for season 10 was for the full current cast to return with many appearances from old cast members"
  • "I am not allowing myself to get my hopes up"

She then says she checked with a source who told her the rumors are 90% true, something she has never been told before.

"I was lucky enough to hear from one of the sources I reached out to before I left the house and was told they are 90% sure. I have never gotten that response before.  I presume it is because at first only the Bravo offices and the housewife know when they are not renewed. There hasn’t been enough time for it to leak out very far. So it appears people are basing their beliefs on “word on the street.”"

Link here: http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/07/rumor-phaedra-parks-fired-from-rhoa/

EDITED TO ADD: Apparently her (Phaedra's) rep is denying it

http://www.essence.com/entertainment/phaedra-parks-fired-from-rhoa

"Parks' rep told ESSENCE, ''It's untrue.''"

Edited by mwell345
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

The interesting thing is, RHOA is disappearing from her social media accounts...which I think happened with Heather Dubrow as well. Unless I am remembering things wrongly...

Heather never had any reference to the OCHW show on her SM but Phaedra did and it is now gone.

• Love 1

The rumor is Porsha was sent a cease and desist from Kandi but Kandi never sent it...Phaedra did. And it was presumably to shut her up for outting her as the source of all the drama and bullshit. That's the rumor of why Phaedra was shittcanned. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

The rumor is Porsha was sent a cease and desist from Kandi but Kandi never sent it...Phaedra did. And it was presumably to shut her up for outting her as the source of all the drama and bullshit. That's the rumor of why Phaedra was shittcanned. 

If that is true, Phaedra needs to be worried about loosing her law license, not just her HW peach/job.

• Love 2
On 4/7/2017 at 5:41 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

On 4/8/2017 at 0:12 AM, Iguessnot said:

Firing rumors abound for this franchise towards the end of each season.   Most turn out to be false.   I tend to think Bravo circulates them to get feedback.  They are ahead of the pack in using online discussions to shape future programming.  

Phaedra has been rumored to be on the chopping block many times but me thinks this sounds like the real deal.  Andy doesn't tolerate fake stuff on the show and he doesn't tolerate anyone messing with his shit.   Phaedra seems to have missed both memos this season.

The one good thing about Phaedra are her boys.  Aidan is beyond adorable...and so smart.  If the rumors are true, I hope she has a Plan B lined up.  Or, where Phaedra is concerned, Plan E (after thief, attorney, reality tv star, and funeral director) 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Firing rumors abound for this franchise towards the end of each season.   Most turn out to be false.   I tend to think Bravo circulates them to get feedback.  They are ahead of the pack in using online discussions to shape future programming.  

Phaedra has been rumored to be on the chopping block many times but me thinks this sounds like the real deal.  Andy doesn't tolerate fake stuff on the show and he doesn't tolerate anyone messing with his shit.   Phaedra seems to have missed both memos this season.

The one good thing about Phaedra are her boys.  Aidan is beyond adorable...and so smart.  If the rumors are true, I hope she has a Plan B lined up.  Or, where Phaedra is concerned, Plan E (after thief, attorney, reality tv star, and funeral director) 

I even think Andy would be ok with Phaedra faking stuff on the show because Kenya hasn't been fired for doing it, as have several others. I think what did it was her collusion with the producer, CK, that did it, he was reportedly fired as well, for setting Kandi up using false allegations of a criminal nature.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I even think Andy would be ok with Phaedra faking stuff on the show because Kenya hasn't been fired for doing it, as have several others. I think what did it was her collusion with the producer, CK, that did it, he was reportedly fired as well, for setting Kandi up using false allegations of a criminal nature.   

Kenya's story, as fabricated as she makes it, is her real story, e.g. hired boyfriends, etc.  It's real in it's fakery. If that makes sense. :)

She's a loony tune (although I like her, and I root for her to find the real thing one day).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

Well FOLKS, according to Wendy Williams and her sources, Phaedra is not only staying on the show, she's bringing a friend; Omarosa Manigault! It's just a rumor for now! I hope she's just on drugs and they couldn't stop her from "Hot Topics" this morning and was just delirious! I know I won't be watching that b!tch! Her arrogance will make Nene and all the rest "blush!" No one's more FOS than that woman who has a mouth on her that will get her killed IMO! ;-(

• Love 2
On 4/9/2017 at 4:32 AM, Petunia13 said:

On 4/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, WireWrap said:

If that is true, Phaedra needs to be worried about loosing her law license, not just her HW peach/job.

This is the kind of shit that gets you disbarred quickly. Phaedra needs to find herself a doctor to diagnose her with something that would explain away her behavior and have that doctor prescribe some medications for her "condition."

• Love 5

What I don't get is how could Phaedra not foresee that blowing up in her face? The second that Porsha mentions getting a C&D letter from Kandi at the reunion, Kandi is going to deny it. Did she somehow not think it would come up?

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

What I don't get is how could Phaedra not foresee that blowing up in her face? The second that Porsha mentions getting a C&D letter from Kandi at the reunion, Kandi is going to deny it. Did she somehow not think it would come up?

OMG is this what she did?  Phaedra sent a C&D letter on kandis behalf when she wasn't asked to?  Mama mia!

• Love 2
On 3/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, zoeysmom said:

Very, very compelling read about the Reunion filmed yesterday:  http://tamaratattles.com/2017/03/17/exclusive-rhoa-reunion-tea-what-the-hell-happened/ Phaedra claims the producer Carlos King, fed her the Marvin and sex dungeon information. 

Can't stand this racist bitch. She hasn't gone away yet? I hope that what she says isn't true, and I'm loving reading all of the dirt of this Sucks piece of trash. I can't believe that it took me this long to find the blog dedicated to exposing her! Finally! Take your racist ass back to Survivor Sucks, then again, let them keep donating to the cow. 

Sorry, she's a scrounge. 

It's time for Phaedra to go. She was unnecessary catty during the last episode. Kandi and her haven't been speaking, and for Kandi to approach her and apologize, that was great of her. Phaedra didn't have to be that way in her TH. She can go. 

I like Porsha. Kenya is the one that needs to go. I'm tired of seeing her misery play out on my TV. 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 2

Apparently Phaedra was truthful about her divorce being final during the season.  However, Apollo and his fiance are trying to milk as much money out of Phaedra as possible.  He actually stopped the finalization, citing malicious intent because she filed for divorce while he was in prison.  He and that girl are not only trying to get more money but also want Phaedra to pay all his court fees as well, as, he claims, "She has more than money to cover his expenses and he's struggling"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Apparently Phaedra was truthful about her divorce being final during the season.  However, Apollo and his fiance are trying to milk as much money out of Phaedra as possible.  He actually stopped the finalization, citing malicious intent because she filed for divorce while he was in prison.  He and that girl are not only trying to get more money but also want Phaedra to pay all his court fees as well, as, he claims, "She has more than money to cover his expenses and he's struggling"

That doesn't sound true because it's perfectly legal to divorce someone in prison.  However you cannot mislead the court by listing his address as normal and misspelling his name so that he cannot be served and.then get a default judgement.  Which is what she did.  That's why the court called her behavior a material misrepresentation.

• Love 9
On 4/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, Aging Goth said:

On 4/21/2017 at 0:24 PM, RealReality said:

That doesn't sound true because it's perfectly legal to divorce someone in prison. However you cannot mislead the court by listing his address as normal and misspelling his name so that he cannot be served and.then get a default judgement.  Which is what she did.  That's why the court called her behavior a material misrepresentation.

Nope. The judicial order is included in the following link:

http://straightfromthea.com/2017/03/27/rhoa-phaedra-parks-is-not-divorced-judge-throws-out-fraudulent-filing-court-documents/

Asking for lawyers fees and court costs is fairly common in divorce cases. The level playing field concept is that the financially dependent spouse shouldn't have to stay in a bad or dangerous marriage because they don't have the money to pay an attorney. 

Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 19-6-2(a) attorney fees are allowable in actions for alimony, divorce and alimony, or contempt of court arising out of either an alimony case or a divorce and alimony case. While attorney fees under this statute are in the sound discretion of the court, the court must consider the financial circumstances of both parties when determining if and how much should be awarded. The purpose of this statute is to ensure that both parties, but in particular the financially dependent spouse, can properly protect their interests and contest the issues in the case adequately. O.C.G.A. § 19-6-2 ensures effective representation of both spouses so that all issues can be fully and fairly resolved.

Apollo doesn't have any money and what money and property he does have was seized by the government as restitution for his victims. Additionally, lawyers fees and court costs can be awarded when one party to the litigation has not acted in good faith. Phaedra failed to provide proper notice to Apollo and intentionally misspelled their surname in the divorce filing. Her own spokesperson, Steve Honig said about the misspelling: the names "were slightly altered in an effort to protect Phaedra’s privacy and prevent media on reporting on her personal life.” That's not accidental. His statement indicates that the misspelling was intentional and that she wasn't acting in good faith.

I believe that they have a prenup. I don't think he'll get more than was agreed to in the prenup, but he is probably entitled to lawyers fees and court costs based on Phaedra's actions. However, he's also entitled to petition for custody of his kids when he gets out.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

Lawd...alternative facts, y'all. 

How is the filing problem literally SPELLED (hah, get it) out and detailed by this person's own lawyer and we still got arguments about Apollo holding up something THE JUDGE THREW OUT? #TrumpsInfluence

• Love 7
6 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Lawd...alternative facts, y'all. 

How is the filing problem literally SPELLED (hah, get it) out and detailed by this person's own lawyer and we still got arguments about Apollo holding up something THE JUDGE THREW OUT? #TrumpsInfluence

I'm always amused that people who are willing to wholeheartedly believe any whiff of a rumor about Kenya or Kandi refuse to believe what a judge and a person's own attorney has to say.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

A scene from the next episode. It does make me wonder if Kandi and Phaedra were switched at birth...

Once again Phaedra is acting like she's smarter than she is. That comeback about investigating the OLG restaurant and its permits was weak sauce. What is there to investigate about the restaurant? There's no secret for why the restaurant wasn't open. They just weren't moving as quickly as they should have.

Phaedra should have clapped back with a question about why Mama Joyce has to constantly meddle in everyone's lives. Joyce spent tons of time digging for dirt on Todd, talking shit about Carmen, and putting a bounty on Todd. Now she's sticking her nose into Phaedra and Apollo's divorce. Joyce is a lazy greedy nosy user. Kandi gave the woman how many houses? If Phaedra had comeback with something like that, Kandi wouldn't have much of an argument because Joyce is objectively awful. Phaedra is a smart person generally. But when she gets concerned with protecting her middle class respectability, she gets excessively stupid.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Even Andy seems to have a "Bish, pelase" vibe when talking to Phaedra...

Phaedra has no credibility and lost it with most people from day one! I had given her every benefit of the doubt because she was initially just bs'n her own life; now it's catching up to her that she's just a full blown pathological liar making up stories and spreading gossip! So much for her professionalism; couldn't look much worse than in that Johnny drama taking 2 meetings on camera like that! I hope Shamea takers her to task tonight for implying a longstanding affair between her and Kandi when she's actually Porsha's bestie!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I can't figure out if Phaedra is lying and denying to convince herself that she's a good person or does she really think that if she says it enough times that people will believe this lie that suggests that all her other lies didn't really happen.

Talking about not having time to gossip and she's never seen gossiping. She was caught in the act, on camera this season gossiping about Kandi and Shamea and to make matters worse, she admits that she didn't know the cameras were there.  That right there says that Phaedra not only gossips but she selectively waits to do so out of range of the cameras so that she doesn't have to be accountable for being the one to be sharing the gossip. She says that a lot of what she does isn't on camera because her intent isn't to get recognition for it...yet she goes on to list some of those things and then goes on to call out the philanthropic portfolios of the other women - if it's not about getting recognition, why are you questioning the charitable efforts of the other women that would require them to defend their own charitable portfolio? Yes, your character speaks for itself. You're a piece of shit.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

That right there says that Phaedra not only gossips but she selectively waits to do so out of range of the cameras so that she doesn't have to be accountable for being the one to be sharing the gossip.

Which is why she texted that nonsense to Porsha in Hawaii, and why she generally uses Porsha as her town crier.

• Love 5

I read in a private group on Facebook that NeNe is coming back for $2.5 million, Kim for a little less, probably $2 mil. That means someone is definitely getting the boot, that would be way too many women to keep up with on a weekly basis.

That also means I'm out, I cannot stand either of them and I don't tune in to watch women scream at each other. Nor Kim's fat lips and crass kids.

• Love 6

Found this link in the Sandra Lee thread...Kandi (with Todd and the OLG) will be appearing on Celebrity Family Feud this summer versus Cynthia (her mom, Mal, Noelle and a niece). 

I'm so ready for this final reunion installment!

• Love 3