Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

Isn't Brandi the impetus for the squabbling the whole back half of the season? Doesn't really make sense Bravo would retcon that now, unless Brandi made racially insensitive remarks to Garcelle.

• Useful 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Isn't Brandi the impetus for the squabbling the whole back half of the season? Doesn't really make sense Bravo would retcon that now, unless Brandi made racially insensitive remarks to Garcelle.

Or about Garcelle. Not beyond the realm of possibility.

"You're a black person," Glanville said with a laugh, horrifying Giraud and fellow costars Yolanda Foster, Carlton Gebbia, Kyle Richards, Kim Richards and Lisa Vanderpump. "All my black friends cant swim," she continued. "Is that bad?"

Glanville later explained that "it was a joke, and my black friends would have laughed crazy because they don't go in the pool because they will get their weave f--cked up."

"I know what I said was definitely inappropriate, but I say a lot of inappropriate things. It was definitely not sensitive and I apologize to anyone I offended. But to be honest with you, Andy, my friends joke with each other this way and they're all different backgrounds. So, I'm sorry and I guess you're not ready for the real Brandi? Should I censor myself?"

(Joyce has just entered the discussion)

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I'm wondering if they are re-thinking the Brandi storyline. If they are firing cast members for past racist statements and behaviors right now, Brandi's past statements may come back to bite her here. She becomes a HUGE liability considering the things she said during Joyce's season. Please let that be the case. 

I don't think they can really remove or reduce the Brandi story line.

I think they might adjust the edit of it.  My gut feeling is that the original edit would pave the way for Brandi to return to the show.  I bet the edit swings more toward Brandi as the villain so they can both have the story line and work the messaging to the media.

Or it might be something like not making those against Denise as vocally supportive of Brandi on the show to limit pervasive backlash..  Kyle for one has been doing some fairly positive press about Brandi lately.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The “extra long” break is most likely as simple with so many things reopening they didn’t want to air an episode right before the July 4th weekend.

Yep.  And the fact that they probably haven't been able film other shows that would normally replace RHofBH once it was over. 

• Love 3

I read a couple entries on Deux Moi that it was to edit Brandi down because of her racist comments.  I think it may have been due to the ones mentioned above.  Another one said that she is paid per episode aired so they want to also edit her shows down to not have to pay her as much.  

I can't stand her and am disgusted by this storyline, so I don't mind losing her.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 6/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, MatildaMoody said:

I'm wondering if they are re-thinking the Brandi storyline. If they are firing cast members for past racist statements and behaviors right now, Brandi's past statements may come back to bite her here. She becomes a HUGE liability considering the things she said during Joyce's season. Please let that be the case. 

I seriously doubt that. More likely they are stretching out the season because production is working at home and because they don't have much new programming to share because of this damn pandemic once the season is over. Plus Bravo just aired a season that she was in a few days ago.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I can't see how they can edit Brandi out at this point (I don't really believe this is the reason- I do believe that they don't have enough edited content) when we have already been privy to the FDR allegations by Bravo showing Brandi. 

FDR? Did she sleep with him too?? 😉

• LOL 14

Interesting; the only thing I can imagine more annoying than six people yelling at each other across a room is six people yelling at each other aross six rooms

Andy at least has a mute button for Zoom, which he wasn't afraid to use on the Atlanta HWs...

She is this years yapping dog.

Bitch stole Camille's job!

I seriously doubt that. More likely they are stretching out the season because production is working at home and because they don't have much new programming to share because of this damn pandemic once the season is over. Plus Bravo just aired a season that she was in a few days ago.

This does seem to make the most sense.

• Love 1

Posting this in Lisa thread also. Good overview on how/why the women are ganging up on Denise.

Watching conspiracy theory videos about The Plot To Take Down Denise Richards are almost as entertaining as watching the show itself. At least the nutjob in this video was semi-fun to watch.

• Love 3

It sounds like she was real last season but might have recognized she needed to amp up the drama this season?  Maybe she elaborates more in the full podcast.

But it does seem to explain why they're behind if they weren't able to record the talking head portions.  I guess it means the new cast member, Mr. Producer, won't be around later in the season.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

Can someone explain why there's repeats tonight? I've missed something, evidently...

They're apparently stretching out the season to fill programming gaps further down the line.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Can someone explain why there's repeats tonight? I've missed something, evidently...

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're apparently stretching out the season to fill programming gaps further down the line.

Denise Richards also mentions in the article that they got behind in recording their talking heads and have since started recording them on their own.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They film the confessionals (talking heads) at the end of the season's filming.  I presume each castmember reviews whatever scenes the producer's wish to have commented on, then film the comments.  I guess they haven't had the opportunity to film those yet?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2020 at 9:49 PM, suomi said:

"I thought the Beverly Hills Housewives were great," says Cohen. "I knew they were going to be great."

However, Lewis believes the ladies were a bit tough.

"There was a little psychological warfare," Lewis says. "There was almost bullying. I was hoping they'd be nicer in real life — not so much. They're bitches, basically."

https://people.com/tv/andy-cohen-rhobh-celebrity-family-feud/

On 6/7/2020 at 10:34 PM, Sew Sumi said:

And Jeff Lewis ISN'T a bitch? Pot, kettle in this instance.  

Yeah, that just sounds like Jeff Lewis and his particular brand of humor. It was a fun Feud, though!

I was just reading that DFR article from the Today show since I saw there is yet another week with no new episode. After waiting a month, the second half of the season better be pretty damn spectacular.

• Love 3

Given how rude and dismissive Erika has been to Denise and her family, I can't believe Denise spoke so highly of her in her People interview.  I wish she had told that nasty, cold bitch where to go and how to get there.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Given how rude and dismissive Erika has been to Denise and her family, I can't believe Denise spoke so highly of her in her People interview.  I wish she had told that nasty, cold bitch where to go and how to get there.   

This is why I'm such a Denise fan. She really is a sweet person. 

• Love 11

Maybe friendships and relationships are more complicated than that, and/or things between them changed or evolved by the time the interview was done?

• Love 4

These ASMR vids haven't triggered the intended soothing or sedative effect but they have greatly enhanced my comprehension.

I am amazed by how clearly I can hear dialogue (especially the cross-talking) that I always missed at normal volume, even with re-watching.

I never realized how effective whispering could be! It fits the drama so much better. I could almost wish to go back in time and change-up my own game plan. Well, there's always the future...

These vids are my new guilty pleasure and they never get old. Kudos to Hiyo for digging them up.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

Here's one for the ages. The sound effects!

This was one of Kyle's worst moments on the show, if not the worst, but not gonna lie she looked so pretty. Her hair and makeup were more Demi Moore than ever. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

This was one of Kyle's worst moments on the show, if not the worst, but not gonna lie she looked so pretty. Her hair and makeup were more Demi Moore than ever. 

I liked how her dress was so short and tight she's constantly trying to tug it down to prevent an "Erika" moment for Martin and the cameras cause you know home girl wasn't wearing panties.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

I liked how her dress was so short and tight she's constantly trying to tug it down to prevent an "Erika" moment for Martin and the cameras cause you know home girl wasn't wearing panties.

LOL! I don't think Kyle's the type to go commando in a short skirt and cameras rolling tbh. A lot of us just don't want any underwear to show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

This show has lost its juice. 

Not just because it is full of dried up hags.

Of all the cities, I think the BH wives stage things the most.  I think they know how to act and create drama where none needs to be for the sake of the show.  NJ is next. 

NYC, ATL, Dallas, Potomac women don't need to drum things up as much.  Things seem to arise more naturally.

BH was done for me until this season.  I really like Garcelle and Sutton and am watching because of them.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
On 6/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, RealHousewife said:

Definately *the worst*. 

I have much to say about Kyle and Kim's dynamic but I won't go there.  Despite her many faults, addiction being one, I'm Team Kim 100% where those 2 are concerned.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Jextella said:

Of all the cities, I think the BH wives stage things the most.  I think they know how to act and create drama where none needs to be for the sake of the show.  NJ is next. 

They definitely stage things but they are really bad at it, it’s so boring!  I really hope they are not still fighting about the threesome conversation when they come back in July!  I’m sick of it.

• Love 3
On 6/24/2020 at 4:30 AM, Hiyo said:

In case anyone needs a good laugh:

See, if BravHo really wanted to do us right during a pandemic, they'd re-edit ALL these great moments and do them like this! This was brilliant!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/27/2020 at 1:49 PM, gingerella said:

See, if BravHo really wanted to do us right during a pandemic, they'd re-edit ALL these great moments and do them like this! This was brilliant!

Love this!! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Oooh, from the "Reunion was bullshit today" link above, the last sentence:

As pointed out by the Faces By Bravo fan account, [Denise] Richards unfollowed Lisa, Erika and Teddi Mellencamp-Arroyave on Instagram after the reunion. Garcelle Beauvais also unfollowed Rinna.

Dang, how did Kyle skate? 

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 7