Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

RHOBH’ Producer Confirms Lisa Vanderpump Leaked ‘Puppygate’ Story to Tabloid

Goodbye Kyle indeed 

https://heavy.com/entertainment/real-housewives/rhobh-producer-confirms-lisa-vanderpump-leaked-puppygate-story-to-tabloid/

Lisa's response to John Blizzard saying that he completely misrepresented to Teddi that LVP was behind outing Dorit was so fucking weird that she had to behind the whole thing. Lisa's response was basically "Now that you've told me, I forgive you and you get to keep your job." If it was Sessa, I would understand. He was the executive director of Vanderpump Dogs. Blizzard was no one. Vanderpump was actually fairly manipulative that season on Vanderpump Rules, but she was sloppier than usual because of her brother's death.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That’s the whole point just admit it. Why wouldn’t she just admit it and move on 

I dont know.  But I will guess!  Hee!

1.  Maybe she just didn't feel like it after her brother died--too exhausting to engage in "chess".

2.  Maybe she was too into her cultivated tv image of being Bobby Fisher/stealthy sniper from the side and was embarrassed she was so blatant.

3.  Maybe she toyed with the idea, dropped it, but one of the John's ran with it anyways.

4.  Maybe she really didn't have anything to do with it (which Radar Online said back then--it was a housewife, but not Vanderpump....) and the producer is friends with Kyle.

All I do know for sure is that I miss those damn swans!

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

That’s the whole point just admit it. Why wouldn’t she just admit it and move on 

Exactly what I said to one of my cousins who watches the show. Just admit to it, and be done. To me, this is excessive drama over something that isn't the biggest deal in the world.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I dont know.  But I will guess!  Hee!

4.  Maybe she really didn't have anything to do with it (which Radar Online said back then--it was a housewife, but not Vanderpump....) and the producer is friends with Kyle.

It’s in a official bravo licensed book there is no way that it’s not true without fear of Lisa taking them to court over it for defamation. Andy and a lot of Bravo are pimping this book.  She lied she ended a friendship over this lie. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s in a official bravo licensed book there is no way that it’s not true without fear of Lisa taking them to court over it for defamation. Andy and a lot of Bravo are pimping this book.  She lied she ended a friendship over this lie. 

She should have ended that "friendship" the second that "friend" responded with "We've all got problems" when she broke down over the death of her brother. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

She should have ended that "friendship" the second that "friend" responded with "We've all got problems" when she broke down over the death of her brother. 

Tru .. they both played each other tho it was a very Toxic friendship to begin with (Lisa bringing up rumors of M cheating on Kyle in front of her kid) however Lisa just didn't suddenly wake up and become sneaky and a liar out of nowhere so using her brothers death to shield her from her actions doesn't really hold water. esp when she had been doing these things seasons before her brother even passed away .... The Drama of it all hehe and a least its something to talk about other then the Seahag that is Erika :)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

Tru .. they both played each other tho it was a very Toxic friendship to begin with (Lisa bringing up rumors of M cheating on Kyle in front of her kid) however Lisa just didn't suddenly wake up and become sneaky and a liar out of nowhere so using her brothers death to shield her from her actions doesn't really hold water. esp when she had been doing these things seasons before her brother even passed away .... The Drama of it all hehe and a least its something to talk about other then the Seahag that is Erika :)

Just gonna say….this drama seems almost quaint compared to what’s going on this year. Lisa may have also been trying to pimp Vanderpump Dogs with this. I think she saw that the jig was up with all her manipulations and wanted to go out on a pink, sanctimonious high horse. She used the dog as a tool for that.

Bottom line — the dog was saved, twice. From death and the Kemsleys.

Dr. John Sessa? Did I miss something? All this time I thought he was one of Lisa’s hangers-on. And is Vanderpump Dogs: 1) still in business; and 2) still a show?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Just gonna say….this drama seems almost quaint compared to what’s going on this year. Lisa may have also been trying to pimp Vanderpump Dogs with this. I think she saw that the jig was up with all her manipulations and wanted to go out on a pink, sanctimonious high horse. She used the dog as a tool for that.

Dr. John Sessa? Did I miss something? All this time I thought he was one of Lisa’s hangers-on. And is Vanderpump Dogs: 1) still in business; and 2) still a show?

How far we have come in this franchise from dropping off dogs and tipping off websites to ripping off widows and orphans lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

The place is still open, I do not see photos of dogs that need homes but what I did see was a lot of merchandise and auction items such as an Andy Warhol poster fworth $1500 and a pair of pretty diamond earrings worth $7000.  You can also get tee shirts and mugs.

I was a Lisa V fan for her lavish home, jewelry and her gorgeous table settings for her parties and her kindness to animals but not much else.

Dorit has a dog now, it must eat LVP up that they got another dog.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The place is still open, I do not see photos of dogs that need homes but what I did see was a lot of merchandise and auction items such as an Andy Warhol poster fworth $1500 and a pair of pretty diamond earrings worth $7000.  You can also get tee shirts and mugs.

I was a Lisa V fan for her lavish home, jewelry and her gorgeous table settings for her parties and her kindness to animals but not much else.

I’m not questioning Lisa’s sincerity about dogs, and bless her for the Yulan activism, but it always kind of struck me that they were treated more like accessories or toys. (My kid, not a Bravoholic, always comments on this when she sees it.) Ken always had to tote one around with him like a security blanket, even, I think, at the TomTom opening. Her behavior with them was kind of creepy at times, too. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Exactly what I said to one of my cousins who watches the show. Just admit to it, and be done. To me, this is excessive drama over something that isn't the biggest deal in the world.

Thank you. That whole scene was much ado about nothing. One person confronts her on camera AND gives her several outs by suggesting it was her employees, and Lisa V. decided THAT was a bridge too far. 

What I found even more interesting was that Lisa V. went to the producers later and tried to force them to get the other ladies to believe her. That confirmed everything I ever thought about Lisa V.

• Love 6

That's what I don't get. I think it would have been perfectly fine for Lisa to express frustration with Dorit about the dog situation. So why all of the stealth drama? And why deny going to the tabloids?  I do think Lisa relished a little too much the idea that she was the puppet master and didn't want that image destroyed, so she ended up playing herself. Because otherwise, she did have the moral high ground. 

• Love 6

May I say, I just love that Lisa Vanderpump is still at the top of this discussion list after not being on this show for two seasons now. It's fabulous! It cracks my shit up every time I see a new flurry of posts on this thread or on her thread.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Rina99 said:

Thank you. That whole scene was much ado about nothing. One person confronts her on camera AND gives her several outs by suggesting it was her employees, and Lisa V. decided THAT was a bridge too far. 

What I found even more interesting was that Lisa V. went to the producers later and tried to force them to get the other ladies to believe her. That confirmed everything I ever thought about Lisa V.

My thoughts which aren't entirely popular:

Dorit was obviously wrong, and it all started with her. Lisa V and the rescue had every right to be upset, John Sessa in particular, who hand-reared Lucy. I'm sure they all work incredibly hard to rescue these dogs, and founding out one wound up in a shelter is the last thing they ever wanted to happen.  

If my friend fucked up off camera, I would have kept the issue off camera to protect her. Chew her out in person if you must, never give her another dog again, but protect her from the public. People can be crazy, and two wrongs don't make a right.

Fox Force Five or whatever was still wrong for ganging up on Lisa V when she just lost her only sibling to suicide. Even if she did want want happened out, it did occur. No crime was committed. It's not like she or Ken stole from orphans and widows! It's not like she threatened to come for one of her coworkers! Oh wait, this bunch cuts more slack for actual criminality and threats. 

I was suspicious of Vanderpump many times throughout the years. She has a history of stirring up drama but trying to keep out of it. I did personally believe her when she tearfully swore on her children's lives she didn't give a story to Radar. (I was however suspicious of her intentions that day Teddi and Kyle showed up to Vanderpump Dogs to film.) Regardless, I was way more put off by how cruel everyone was to her at her most vulnerable. Kyle being dismissive of her pain, saying she had shit going on too, will forever be abhorrent to me. 

Lisa V is the same person who left a work trip in the middle of the night without telling production because she was basically busted for being shady. That was another instance where she probably should have just fessed up that she thought tabloids would help with storyline. It's one reason I thought she was telling the truth regarding puppygate because she was so adamant she didn't leak the story. In the past when she was confronted  about being shady, she was a horrible liar for someone so intelligent and a former actress. She'd just bounce and be done talking about whatever it was. There are lots of fans who still see saint Lisa, but I think most people see Lisa for what she is-a good person who's still a stealth business woman before she's a friend. 

Ultimately, she's good TV and a class above most of the current cast, so I hope this old stuff can stay in season 9 if she were to return to the show. No crime was committed. If most of this bunch is cool with Erika, there's no reason they can't be cool with Lisa V. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I volunteer at an animal shelter. If we had access to and room for Andy Warhol prints or $7,000 earrings would be pushing them too. That kind of money could save some lives. As it is, we have boutiques with mostly home made goods, and meatball sandwich fundraisers. Whatever else can be said of LVP, she has saved dogs and that makes her OK in my book. Dog Dumper Dorit should have been the villain that season anyway and LVP should have just said so. What Dorit did was reprehensible. Lisa would have taken the dog back, just as we always do, no matter what. That's what reputable rescues do. 

• Love 16

For those who've read the book what did the producer Chris Cullen say to prove that LVP leaked the story to Radar? Did he work for Radar? Did someone at Radar tell him? Did LVP tell him she did it? I'm curious about the details of his proof.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

May I say, I just love that Lisa Vanderpump is still at the top of this discussion list after not being on this show for two seasons now. It's fabulous! It cracks my shit up every time I see a new flurry of posts on this thread or on her thread.

I mean, there are episode threads to discuss the episodes, Erika's individual thread has exploded over the last several months (for obvious reasons), and this is the most obvious place to talk about an old story line, especially when it does generate a headline.  The show has moved on from LVP, much as she probably hates that, but that doesn't mean that occasionally the fallout from that particularly storyline doesn't still make a headline or two. 

Both Dorit and LVP were idiots when it came to Puppygate.

Yep, that's my feeling, too. And ultimately, I do think that the show has benefited from LVP off doing her own thing because it had become too much about Lisa and her machinations. Now, they were all guilty of feeling like they had to appease Lisa - you see the same dynamic on Vanderpump Rules - so I can't blame LVP entirely for that. But if she did return - which I could see happening because I think Lisa hates to not be the center of attention - I would hope that we would see a more balanced show. 

• Love 3

Okay!  I'm number 4 on the wait list through my library.  Unless someone else gets in first, I will share the gossip from its Not All Rose and Diamonds.

I'm hoping we get an answer to "Let's talk about the husband" and what really went on behind the scenes for Munchenfrackinhauser gate.

I'm thinking that's not in the book because the gossip sites would have said something.  But!  You never know!

• Love 11

I read the book in one night.

It is JUICY.

There's a chapter for each franchise and they go through all the housewives by season. There are a few bombshells in every segment.

It's an oral history so there are places where the cast or producers will argue or dispute a point.

It was worth the read.

This quote made me chuckle:

SHARI LEVINE: Beverly Hills, more than any other Housewives franchise, often gets stuck in a hamster wheel about some story. Munchasen. Puppygate. They start talking about it and chewing on it, and they never stop. It never goes away. It's maddening.

It's not one person claiming the press leaks, it's multiple people discussing it or giving their take on it. Too much to type here but very interesting.

Also, I don't know how to hide and text when I'm on my phone and I'm not quite sure if it's a spoiler since there's a LOT of new info in the book. Especially with Jersey. A couple stories that never ever hit the press.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ChelleGame said:

Also, I don't know how to hide and text when I'm on my phone and I'm not quite sure if it's a spoiler since there's a LOT of new info in the book. Especially with Jersey. A couple stories that never ever hit the press

When you can find your way to a laptop or desktop, please share some of the juicy stuff for those of us with short attention spans. 😜

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, MsTree said:

When you can find your way to a laptop or desktop, please share some of the juicy stuff for those of us with short attention spans. 😜

Will do. If you want to DM questions, I will try to answer. I texted all day with a friend who read at the same time.

• Love 3
On 10/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Dr. John Sessa? Did I miss something? All this time I thought he was one of Lisa’s hangers-on.

He has a doctorate in business administration from some for-profit school that was shut down. He is one of Lisa's sycophants. When he unnecessarily stuck his nose in the middle of an issue between Vanderpump and Ariana, I was quite over him and Vanderpump Dogs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, charming said:

The same producer who was screaming at Denise and is Kyle's BFF is confirming LVP called Radar Online? How would he know?

I read the article, and as far as I can tell, the only thing that's "confirmed" is the headline writer's abysmal reading comprehension skills.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

If true, I'm all about Camille's return but WHO TF wants Teddi's boring ass back? She was fired for a reason. As for Door-it… meh. We need less of the Fox Force, not more yes-(wo)men. 

Yay if Camille is really returning! She's good TV. Teddi lost me with how she treated Denise. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

If true, I'm all about Camille's return but WHO TF wants Teddi's boring ass back? She was fired for a reason. As for Door-it… meh. We need less of the Fox Force, not more yes-(wo)men. 

I'm fine with Camille, but Teddi? No, thanks.

Bring back Denise instead.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'm fine with Camille, but Teddi? No, thanks.

Bring back Denise instead.

NOBODY wants Teddi back, this must be Kyle’s reward for being a huge shit stirring asshole this season (more than usual.) 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Same feeling here. Big no to Teddi. At least Dorit brings the ridiculous costumes, um I mean designer wardrobe, but I am fine if she is gone. Just No to Teddi. Yes to Camille.

• Love 17

I wonder if production is choreographing a Camille vs Erika scenario. They've essentially tongue-bathed Erika this season and paid her lots of money, in order to keep her engaged, and the big question is when production will turn on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, funnygirl said:

👍 to Camille coming back; 👎to Teddi, but I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I can see possible fireworks between Rinna and Camille. But all this is offset by the fact that Erika is coming back, which I have a huge problem condoning by merely watching. 

Denise is probably wise to steer clear of this mess.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also wonder if they're having Teddi return so there's another person closer to Crystal's age, plus they apparently already know each other. 

Crystal needs to have a stronger presence next year. She has been a mere shadow. I think they want to maximize the battle lines over Erika. They want everyone to pick a side. If so, it’s Season Two of “Erika Jayne, Lying Fraud.”

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Table of one over here, I'd be happy to have Teddi back and I do not want to see Camille again

We’ll have to see how they are. I think Camille was a little over-the-top the last time she was on, but I like her because she’s another one who can see through these women.

• Love 9
On 10/20/2021 at 8:35 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

There are Vander Pups on the website available for adoption. I don't know how frequently it is updated as dogs obviously get adopted and new dogs come in.

Perhaps there was a period of time during the pandemic when the adoption portion wasn't operational. There was a huge shortage of dogs at some point because so many people were adopting animals during the quarantine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2021 at 3:12 AM, MsTree said:

Or for those of us whose library has the audacity not to have this book on order. If it sees fit to have “Pretty Mess” on its shelf, it can damn well have this.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2