Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thanks.  It could be that my cat "helps" on the computer, but it is happening quite often.  I will do another reboot and see if it stops.  I'm quite sure my internet is not getting interrupted, since everything else is working just fine.

It's possible that you have a cookie or other cached data that is misbehaving.  I've had that happen with other sites in the past.  You should be able to go into your browser's settings/options area and delete the site data for just this site.  Exactly where the option is depends on the browser.  You'll have to re-login here, but should leave your data for other sites intact. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My phone updated.

I hate it.

So did mine. And my mom just handed me hers to “fix.” She gets confused about any updates and has trouble clicking through the prompts.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peppergal said:

It's possible that you have a cookie or other cached data that is misbehaving.  I've had that happen with other sites in the past.  You should be able to go into your browser's settings/options area and delete the site data for just this site.  Exactly where the option is depends on the browser.  You'll have to re-login here, but should leave your data for other sites intact. 

Thanks.  I did not think of that.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So did mine. And my mom just handed me hers to “fix.” She gets confused about any updates and has trouble clicking through the prompts.

I hear that! While not too confusing it’s pissing me off. The toolbar (do you call it that on a phone?) is at the bottom instead of the top. Opening new tabs is weird, the weather APP is different , I could go on, but I won’t!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I hear that! While not too confusing it’s pissing me off. The toolbar (do you call it that on a phone?) is at the bottom instead of the top. Opening new tabs is weird, the weather APP is different , I could go on, but I won’t!

Do you have an iPhone? Nothing changed position on mine. You can probably adjust and move it back to the top.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Do you have an iPhone? Nothing changed position on mine. You can probably adjust and move it back to the top.

Yes I do. I’m going to see one of my daughters this afternoon. I will put her in charge. Sound familiar? 😂🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes I do. I’m going to see one of my daughters this afternoon. I will put her in charge. Sound familiar? 😂🤣

LOL. I’m sure she’ll be able to sort it all out. 🙂

• Love 2

Our semi-feral "PorchCat" has not come home for the past three days. She showed up here as an older kitten (about 6-9 months old) about 3 years ago, and has been a fixture here since, being invaluable in keeping rabbits and other critters out of the vegetable gardens. We put a shelter out on the deck for her in the wintertime, and she suns herself in favorite spots. She's never come indoors as our other cat has still not even altogether accepted her being outside on the other side of the door. It took a good six months for her to even let us close to her, but eventually she did get to where she would consent to be petted for short periods of time, but only up on the deck where she feels more or less completely secure, and pretty much only by Mr. Jyn. But she does follow us around when we walk around checking things out in the backyard.

She must have belonged to someone at some point, though, because it appears that she must have been spayed, since she's never come into heat or had any kittens since being here. We tried to trap her to take her to the vet early on, but had no luck, and since kittens did not appear to be an issue, we've just sort of let her be, only trying to put the occasional flea/tick treatment on the back of her neck when we can.

Our area does have its share of coyotes, and even the occasional bobcat, so we always knew that outdoor cats didn't really have much chance of a very long lifespan, and she always did like to wander around in quite a large area, including the fields across the street, where we often hear coyotes quite close (sometimes even crossing the road into our yard during the night). 

Anyway, she's gone missing for a day or two a couple of times in the past, but this time I'm getting a really bad feeling that she won't be coming back. And although I can't say I'm terribly attached to her, per se, I'm just distraught over the idea of her being out there somewhere hurt and confused, dying all alone. Whatever happened to her, I hope she didn't suffer. 😥

thought i would check in and say hi. i have been busy the last couple of weeks and although i read here sometimes, i haven't really been writing.  my back is sore again (tried to do a tiny bit of yard work this morning and viola!) so i am now sitting at my desk. soon we are 'leaving on a jet plane' to do a long weekend with the kids in Texas. #1 grand is turning 16 so we wanted to surprise him. 16 is a big deal in the life of a kid so we didn't want to miss it. i am excited to see them all. 

in the last couple of days i have literally been told by my primary doctor that i am too old for hernia surgery and too old for certain medicines that can help my headaches. the nerve of this doctor!!!  

feeling a need to have tulips here so i might just head up to the nursery and get me some new plants -- tulips, gardenia, sweet peas, carnations and whatever i might see. i know nothing about tulips btw, so who knows if they are even in season. 

does homemade lasagna sound good? might be what's for dinner tonight!

• Love 9

So, my phone nonsense skipped my mind. Went to my grandson’s track and field meet. It was soooo cold. Then the sun came back out and it was nice. Then, it hailed like you wouldn’t believe! I had jeans on and it pelted me through them. We had to walk backwards to go for cover.

So, my phone still sucks, and even setting an alarm on my phone is different. 😱 Perhaps another day……

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It took about a month to get used to the search bar being at the bottom. I’m still not feeling it.

• Love 4

Hurry up and decide where Smuggar is going.  My mom wants to know if she has to move in with me and rent her house out because if he comes to Colorado I will have her 24/7 lock down.  My dad and stepmom came to visit me and my stepmothers dog that she gave me when they moved to Florida for the dogs 22nd birthday and I had to rush my mom to the hospital because she collapsed. and my dad came to see me and my mom at the hospital 

18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think @Jynnan tonnix is FB friends with her. Maybe she could give us an update. I think the last we heard, HFC was going on an extended RV trip.

She's around. She just commented on some photos I posted of spring flowers in my garden. 

She also just had what appeared to be a very enjoyable birthday a couple of days ago. 🙂

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She's around. She just commented on some photos I posted of spring flowers in my garden. 

She also just had what appeared to be a very enjoyable birthday a couple of days ago. 🙂

Thanks Jynnan! I have actually missed her and was hoping she is ok! Give her our best!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I knew we could count in you! Thanks for the update. 😀

• Love 4

Well PT family, I’m another year older today.  I treated myself to a luxurious mani/pedi, am going to make a glutton of myself tonight at my favorite seafood restaurant and will binge watch Netflix wile eating white chocolate raspberry bundt cake.  All in all, it’s been a happy day.  

• Love 24
Just now, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Well PT family, I’m another year older today.  I treated myself to a luxurious mani/pedi, am going to make a glutton of myself tonight at my favorite seafood restaurant and will binge watch Netflix wile eating white chocolate raspberry bundt cake.  All in all, it’s been a happy day.  

Happy birthday!!

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Sounds like a lovely day! Happy birthday 🎊🎉🎈 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Thanks guys. There’s been some family drama lately, so it’s a nice break from the foolishness. I am just enjoying being forty-onedurful!

Happy Birthday! Hope you had an awesome day! 🎂

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

🎉Happy Birthday @Ijustwantsomechips🎉

🍃🌺🍃

6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Happy birthday, @Ijustwantsomechips!

7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Happy (belated on the east coast) birthday, @Ijustwantsomechips! Sounds like you had a great day. 

7 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Happy Birthday! Hope you had an awesome day! 🎂

Thanks! I really enjoyed my day.

• Love 7
On 4/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a lovely day. 

• Love 3

I've had a great weekend. The weather has been mid-60s, the windows have been open, and I've gone though my clothes and put away all the heavy warm weather clothes. Yesterday my college had an art festival that included a tented area for vendors and I went for the first time in 10 years. 

• Love 11

I don't know that this is exactly good news, but I've started to switch all my passwords over to something stronger. Not that I use "123456", but I had a lot on repeat. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 4/22/2022 at 3:24 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Happy belated birthday!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have a bag of bread flour that expires at the end of the month, so I’ve made chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal bread, and bagels today. I wish you all were in my area so you could stop by and take some off of my hands! 

I would do so happily and gain some weight (which, for me, is a good thing). 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have a bag of bread flour that expires at the end of the month, so I’ve made chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal bread, and bagels today. I wish you all were in my area so you could stop by and take some off of my hands! 

Mmm yum I’m coming over ! 

• Love 2
On 4/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Happy Black And White GIF by Fleischer Studios

• Love 6