Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, louannems said:

Several weeks ago, CNN did an article on rings and germs.  They showed how hard it is to wash germs off when wearing rings.  They showed a thermal image of germs after hand washing while wearing a ring, compared to washed hands without a ring.

So I decided to remove my wedding band until this coronavirus is better controlled.

My sister in law and one of my nieces are NICU nurses. They have never been permitted to wear rings of any kind while they are on duty to protect against germs.  My niece wears her engagement and wedding bands on a chain around her neck while she is working.  

It makes me think of my mother.  She never ever removed her wedding ring from the moment my father put it on until it was removed by the morgue attendant 42 years later to the day.  We buried it with her.  The stone from her engagement ring was reset and is now part of the engagement ring that my niece the NICU nurse wears.

Hope all of our dear forum friends are doing well.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have been doing well keeping my work schedule and a routine, but the last few days it’s been SO HARD to get up in the morning. I’m not sick or anything, and I have been going to bed at the usual time but I do not want to get out of bed and get ready to start the day. 

I went from morning showers to night showers to give myself more time in the morning. I also set my coffee maker for the night before so I smell the coffee as it’s brewing (which is nice). Anyone else having a hard time getting up for work lately? Once I have had my breakfast I’m okay. For the record I’m a morning person who usually gets up without a problem (so long as I get to bed). 

I think most of us are approaching the social distancing doldrums.  We've changed the way we live completely, we've been doing it for over a month, and we're tired of it.  Sure, we've flattened the curve, but that's not very tangible or real for us:  not getting COVID, when most of us won't get it anyway, is not much of a reward for all the sacrifices we've made.  It's like starting to diet or exercise regularly.  After a month or so, there have been small changes; but we're impatient, we cannot wait for the transformation. Hence, most diets and exercise programs are abandoned. 

In a way, I think a lot of the anti-lockdown protesters are feeling the same way; they're just not able to articulate it well.  They want to talk about their civil rights and compare themselves to Rosa Parks when they just cannot admit that they just want their life to go back to what it was in February.  They want those unlimited refills on iced tea not for the tea itself, but for the freedom it represents; freedom we've had to sacrifice for the common good.  And, for those who have lost their jobs and are worried about how they're going to be able to feed their family and keep a roof over their heads; the frustration is even greater.  I really do not believe that most of those people think that the virus is a hoax or that others are behind the shutdown because we want to crater the economy.  I do think that some public media figures like to push that narrative because it brings in the money and attention that they seek; but I am not sure even they really believe what they're saying.

There are necklaces meant to hold rings for people who cannot wear them; a lot of docs and nurses have them.

RING.jpg

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think most of us are approaching the social distancing doldrums.  We've changed the way we live completely, we've been doing it for over a month, and we're tired of it.  Sure, we've flattened the curve, but that's not very tangible or real for us:  not getting COVID, when most of us won't get it anyway, is not much of a reward for all the sacrifices we've made.  It's like starting to diet or exercise regularly.  After a month or so, there have been small changes; but we're impatient, we cannot wait for the transformation. Hence, most diets and exercise programs are abandoned. 

In a way, I think a lot of the anti-lockdown protesters are feeling the same way; they're just not able to articulate it well.  They want to talk about their civil rights and compare themselves to Rosa Parks when they just cannot admit that they just want their life to go back to what it was in February.  They want those unlimited refills on iced tea not for the tea itself, but for the freedom it represents; freedom we've had to sacrifice for the common good.  And, for those who have lost their jobs and are worried about how they're going to be able to feed their family and keep a roof over their heads; the frustration is even greater.  I really do not believe that most of those people think that the virus is a hoax or that others are behind the shutdown because we want to crater the economy.  I do think that some public media figures like to push that narrative because it brings in the money and attention that they seek; but I am not sure even they really believe what they're saying.

There are necklaces meant to hold rings for people who cannot wear them; a lot of docs and nurses have them.

RING.jpg

I think for some protesters you are right. However the rallies in three states were promoted by three very conservative brothers. Many folks who are protesting know exactly why, and I find it rather sad and a tad bit scary.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, On the Bias said:

Oh God yes.  I wake up early naturally but just don't want to get out of bed.  If I didn't have a standing morning appointment (. . . at 11:00) I don't know if I'd ever get up.  This is such a strange time.  

Once I do get up, though, I go for a long, brisk walk back and forth from one end of the house to the other.  (We're not allowed to go outside here except for work or essential purposes.)  From my house to Paris is just over 600 miles, I will probably get there before this confinement ends.  

I'm the same way.  Awake at 7am but would really rather just lay there and not get out of bed, but I have morning conference calls with our Indian counterparts that force me to get up and be at least semi-coherent. 

While we aren't fully locked down, there are too many stupid people in my community for me to be able to safely do much walking outside, so I've also been walking in circles in my house.  I joined a virtual race program to give me motivation to keep moving, including one that tours Paris!

Work wants us to take vacation.  I get that they don't want us to all be trying to take vacation at the same time in the fall/winter (and the bean counters hate the idea of letting us carry over to the next year), but they claim that "for your mental health"  we need to take all 5 days of our required vacation contiguously.  I countered back to my direct manager that since I live alone, forcing me to sit in my house alone for either 7 or 9 straight days (depending on where I placed the 5 days in relation to the weekend) would be the opposite of improving my mental health.   I'd probably not get out of the bed before noon for the whole week and then be really out of whack when going back to work.  Fortunately his philosophy is that while the taking 5 days of vacation is mandatory, the contiguous part is just a strong suggestion so he's letting me schedule it how I see fit.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think for some protesters you are right. However the rallies in three states were promoted by three very conservative brothers. Many folks who are protesting know exactly why, and I find it rather sad and a tad bit scary.

Oh, I agree, the organizers of these rallies are well known for their politics and their desire to provoke controversy and division.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Work wants us to take vacation.  I get that they don't want us to all be trying to take vacation at the same time in the fall/winter (and the bean counters hate the idea of letting us carry over to the next year), but they claim that "for your mental health"  we need to take all 5 days of our required vacation contiguously.  I countered back to my direct manager that since I live alone, forcing me to sit in my house alone for either 7 or 9 straight days (depending on where I placed the 5 days in relation to the weekend) would be the opposite of improving my mental health.   I'd probably not get out of the bed before noon for the whole week and then be really out of whack when going back to work.  Fortunately his philosophy is that while the taking 5 days of vacation is mandatory, the contiguous part is just a strong suggestion so he's letting me schedule it how I see fit.

My employer is also pushing everyone to take vacation now for their mental health, which is, of course, baloney.  They are concerned that, once the restrictions on travel are lifted, everyone is going to want to take vacation in the summer and fall and it will make scheduling difficult, especially as we have not been doing 'non-essential' visits for contraception and Pap smears and such.  We do prescribe contraception with a phone consult, but it doesn't pay as well as an in-person visit so the bosses want everyone on deck when we can book those full price visits.

I had a week off in May and almost 2 weeks in June.  I'm taking 2 days in May and will only take a week in June if I can go somewhere. The original two week trip was to Germany and is now postponed.  I haven't told them I'm not going in June and I am sure I will get some push back when I do.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5

I wish my employer was wanting us to take vacation. I emailed HR & my supervisor yesterday about taking a Friday off in May. Supervisor said OK, HR said "well....."  I said my supervisor said it was OK so they really couldn't say much (and HR was copied on the email from my supervisor).  I was supposed to take a week off in May but my trip has been rescheduled, so now I'll be working.  I may take that Thursday and Friday off, but I don't want to take all week off and just sit here like I'm doing everyday.  Unfortunately I have a goal I'm supposed to meet and it's just not happening.  I'm trying, but my speed is not as fast as it is in the office.  But they still want us to meet this goal.  I'm thankful I'm working but the stress is making it hard on me. 

My employer also wants us to take vacation. I have a week scheduled off in June- my college roommate was supposed to make a trip up here (but likely won’t be). If things are open again and I can do a spa day etc I will still take my week off- but why waste vacation days to sit in the house?? I am fortunate that I have VERY a generous vacation policy (think a European country) and it’s a struggle to use all my days the years I don’t take an international trip. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I wish my employer was wanting us to take vacation. I emailed HR & my supervisor yesterday about taking a Friday off in May. Supervisor said OK, HR said "well....."  I said my supervisor said it was OK so they really couldn't say much (and HR was copied on the email from my supervisor).  I was supposed to take a week off in May but my trip has been rescheduled, so now I'll be working.  I may take that Thursday and Friday off, but I don't want to take all week off and just sit here like I'm doing everyday.  Unfortunately I have a goal I'm supposed to meet and it's just not happening.  I'm trying, but my speed is not as fast as it is in the office.  But they still want us to meet this goal.  I'm thankful I'm working but the stress is making it hard on me. 

I understand about the stress. While my store is closed to walk in sales they are having us call customers and see if they want to do a phone order. Sense we are known for comfortable shoes that we measure to fit most people want to come in and try the shoes on. Head of retail cannot understand why we do not have many sales and keeps asking is that. I am more stressed about the sales than I am the virus.

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think most of us are approaching the social distancing doldrums.  We've changed the way we live completely, we've been doing it for over a month, and we're tired of it.  

Kind of along this line, yesterday, my uber religious husband blurted out to me "if Mery (Flaco's widow) sends another invite for a family Rosary zoom meeting again today, please just dont tell me!"  Of course, I agreed, and then he felt guilty the rest of the night. 😟

In his defense, he would gladly just pray the Rosary with her every single day since it brings her comfort, or just talk with her (and his family) but some of them belong to a crazy (to us) cult-like evangelical church that just jump into the chat as soon as the Rosary is done and start yell-praying , and he hates it, and just can't take it any more.

I feel like he's putting me in the middle of it, and it gives me a stomach ache...because I don't want to hurt Mery's feelings..she's so sweet and is hurting so much!

I also feel like they're preying on her grief to suck her into their church, and I really despise them for it (but I love them too, and think they don't know any better because they are brainwashed  in that "church" now.) 😭

Sorry ...it's really been bothering me for a week...and I don't know how to solve it. I mean.. I mean intellectually I know everyone is involved is an adult and can make their own choices.. but the thing that really hurts my heart is that her daughter came out as a lesbian and the people in that church are trying to get her to go against her own daughter because  being gay is an "abomination" 😠

Flaco alwavs stood up for her..and now he's gone😭😭😭

(Sorry..I'm a mess) I'm just going to send this anyway, this is my mind today....

PS..reading this back to myself, I think I'm just going to get up my courage to call Mery and tell her the reason my husband didnt join yesterday..about that church, how we think that are sucking her in, them condemning her gay daughter and ALL..I'm so OVER it...and it's just not right..what do I have to lose...

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13

Well, I made an executive decision that I would start shutting down at 3:00 p.m. daily and  go for a long walk, weather permitting.  Even though, I am working remotely, I found that I was working long hours and I even worked over half a day on Sunday for a new case that I got.  But, stress wise, I need to use lots of self care.  I have so many stressors that I was only able to identify this week.  

Ok.  I've been whining about extended family members ignoring shelter at home and social distancing laws for a while now.  It came to a head yesterday.  I made a calm, cool, decision and notified the person directly, explaining what could not happen, due to the law and due to risk of death.  My mom found out and went ballistic.  I knew that I was in the right and calmly explained.  She was furious, but, after about 5 minutes, she thought it over, came to me, apologized, hugged me crying and said that I was right, she was wrong and that she appreciated everything that I do for her and my dad to protect them.  I said, okay.  No worries. Let's keep the course.  This wouldn't be nearly as difficult if my family would obey the law. 

I agree with those who say that the public is really brain dead about rules of social distancing.  I had to speak up TWICE today in the pharmacy to two people to ask them to back up.  I was only in there for 10 minutes.  They didn't understand why I was standing on the line on the floor marked  STAND HERE FOR SAFETY.  I'm going back to drive thu only.  I'm done with any more stores. I had not gone in any for a while.  There are just too many low information citizens who  are a danger to themselves and others.    

I saw an online webinar about filing lawsuits over Covid-19 cases.  I have NO idea how that works, but, I wish I could figure a way to file actions against safety protocol violators.  I may take that seminar. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Kind of along this line, yesterday, my uber religious husband blurted out to me "if Mery (Flaco's widow) sends another invite for a family Rosary zoom meeting again today, please just dont tell me!"  Of course, I agreed, and then he felt guilty the rest of the night. 😟

In his defense, he would gladly just pray the Rosary with her every single day since it brings her comfort, or just talk with her (and his family) but some of them belong to a crazy (to us) cult-like evangelical church that just jump into the chat as soon as the Rosary is done and start yell-praying , and he hates it, and just can't take it any more.

I feel like he's putting me in the middle of it, and it gives me a stomach ache...because I don't want to hurt Mery's feelings..she's so sweet and is hurting so much!

I also feel like they're preying on her grief to suck her into their church, and I really despise them for it (but I love them too, and think they don't know any better because they are brainwashed  in that "church" now.) 😭

Sorry ...it's really been bothering me for a week...and I don't know how to solve it. I mean.. I mean intellectually I know everyone is involved is an adult and can make their own choices.. but the thing that really hurts my heart is that her daughter came out as a lesbian and the people in that church are trying to get her to go against her own daughter because  being gay is an "abomination" 😠

Flaco alwavs stood up for her..and now he's gone😭😭😭

(Sorry..I'm a mess) I'm just going to send this anyway, this is my mind today....

PS..reading this back to myself, I think I'm just going to get up my courage to call Mery and tell her the reason my husband didnt join yesterday..about that church, how we think that are sucking her in, them condemning her gay daughter and ALL..I'm so OVER it...and it's just not right..what do I have to lose...

I’m sorry you’re going through this...families can be great or a total mess after a tragedy, sometimes in the same ten minutes. 

Maybe your husband could call Mery and offer to talk to her one on one every evening? She might find that far more meaningful and helpful than the group Zoom thing, anyway. 

Big hug to you....

• Love 17

My sympathies to those who must endure ultra religious type situations.  I did it for a long time.  I'm lucky that I am not an atheist. lol  It's a difficult thing to navigate. It did teach me patience though. 

My aunt and uncle came by with dinner tonight and brought dinner for 8! (There's only 4 of us!)  Just dropped it off at door.  They are sheltering at home too.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, hash brown casserole with cheddar cheese and bacon, yeast rolls.....omg.  I'm not normally that big on carbs, but, it looks awesome!  This will be my splurge night!  lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have been doing well keeping my work schedule and a routine, but the last few days it’s been SO HARD to get up in the morning. I’m not sick or anything, and I have been going to bed at the usual time but I do not want to get out of bed and get ready to start the day. 

I went from morning showers to night showers to give myself more time in the morning. I also set my coffee maker for the night before so I smell the coffee as it’s brewing (which is nice). Anyone else having a hard time getting up for work lately? Once I have had my breakfast I’m okay. For the record I’m a morning person who usually gets up without a problem (so long as I get to bed). 

Yep! Each day I drag myself from the bed just a little later than the day before. I hate taking these unemployment calls, but since we have to go back into the office starting tomorrow, I stopped taking them. I’m taking the day off tomorrow since it’s my birthday, and will go back on Friday. 

Something tells me the office has not been properly sanitized, and a second wave of infections is coming.

• Love 3

We were informed today that we will be on reduced hours, with optional furlough until the end of June. Still waiting to hear exactly how many hours. The entire announcement was not communicated clearly. Never mind that my dept has more work than we can handle already and are primarily responsible for bringing in more money...it wouldn't be "fair" for us to be exempt. And I get that, but at the same time we will be trying to do more work with less time and that stresses me out. And our higher ups have a habit of making decisions to prevent us doing our assigned work (ie, telling us to work a project instead or help out this other team with their work) and then scolding us for not having our own work done. So knowing that that's coming a few months down the road prolongs the stress.

But it could be worse. I'll still have a job and benefits and a paycheck. Depending on how they decide to reduce our hours, I may qualify for unemployment. We're healthy. The weather is nice for the first time in a while. Trying to find the positive. 

• Love 7

My county just extended the stay at home order until May 15, although the governor is expected to announce more openings next week. I hope he's paying attention to Georgia, Florida, and Kentucky, because I feel like they are about to have another giant increase in cases as a result of opening everything up too soon. 

My company is also still going on with a merger that was announced back in December. I found out yesterday that my team is in the next round of decisions, so I should know in mid May if I still have a job or not. I honestly don't care at this point, I'm just over the waiting. I would get 6 months severance if I get let go, so it's not terrible. I just hope the economy stabilizes by next year and the job market is better. 

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, louannems said:

I truly feel like I'm the oddest person in the whole world; I probably am!  I'm in a lockdown state and I am living my best life!  

Yeah, it's not too bad.  Of course I totally need my hair done and I'm so done with my flipping husband and the various levels of bullshit he's buying into, but it's not been awful.  Could be because being an only child and left to my own devices helped a bit.   Four years ago when my parents went full tilt boogie into their medical oblivion it seemed like I was never going to get a break, add in my own health crap, the husband deciding to have a knee replacement finally, his flirtation with cardiac nevermore, the kid and her various school and mental health problems...so it's kinda a break right now for me.  Not a lot of doctor visits for my dad right now, husband has an up coming colonoscopy but not til the end of May, and that's about it.  It's kinda been nice to chill out and not have a bunch of stuff going on or having to plan running my dad for groceries, because the husband is insisting on doing it...to get away from me probably.

My heart goes out to all of you with job uncertainties, because that's so sucky and it's stressful mentally as well as financially.    

• Love 16
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I truly feel like I'm the oddest person in the whole world; I probably am!  I'm in a lockdown state and I am living my best life!  

I always knew I have some social anxiety but I never realized just how much.  Since I have no obligations beyond cooking, I'm sleeping well for the first time in my life.

I'm not missing anything or anyone, beyond family members.

As someone who's raised three kids while working full-time, then retiring and filling my days with volunteering, joining a twice a month hiking group, and weekly line-dancing, this is the first time ever I've gotten to "pause".  I love the downtime.

I'm cooking amazing meals, baking lots of bread (like everyone else, it seems, since there is no bread flour to be had anymore). 

Since I can't go to the gym (which I paid for every month but rarely used), I'm walking 3 1/2 miles on most days and doing calasthetics, hand and ankle weights, and stretching 3 times a week.

The only thing I really miss is driving places to enjoy the beaches and parks and mountains.  I'm in the Seattle area and there are so many beautiful places.

But we've saved a ton of gas money.

It helps that I'm retired on a federal pension plus social security and our home has long been paid off.  I truly feel for all the people out of work.

I guess I'm more anti-social than I realized!

Same, doesn’t bother me much. I do miss going out to eat.

• Love 9

Was talking to my mom earlier. One of the neighbors had to put her husband in a care home once he developed dementia and she couldn't take care of him any longer. He must be around 99 now. She's in her 80s and was going every day to feed him and sit with him. He won't eat unless his wife is there. He's slowly starving to death. They don't expect him to survive the week. They've pleaded with the nursing home to make an exception of some sort so she can come in. They won't (for obvious reasons). She can't take him home. Their only child is disabled and already needs care.

You could argue the man has lived a very long life but starving to death isn't the way to go. It's certainly not the way I thought he'd go. He had been ill so many times and recovered. 6 months to live turned into 2 decades somehow. 

• Love 4

@PikaScrewChu, I'm so sorry, what a horrible thing to happen. It's these situations that make me so infuriated with all the protesters and Covid conspiracy nuts. My heart is breaking for your neighbor.

I just unsubscribed from my (former) favorite YouTube channel because the owner gave a 45 minute rant about how the news media is blowing this all out of proportion, there is enough PPE, tests, and respirators for everyone who needs them, and a few deaths is no reason to take away our civil liberties or force business to close. Several of the people commenting shared their stories about deaths in their families, but the overwhelming majority was right there waving the "Don't Tread on Me" flag with her. 

I wimped out, didn't call Mery and tell her off...she invited him again, he wimped out and joined them again tonight...

They said the Rosary..then proceeded to all just talk about the pandemic, how all the family is doing,  and everyone was done in about hour and then everyone said goodbye..no other church people drama at all.

I wonder if him being missing for a day gave them the hint that he wasn't happy?🙃 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(let's see if it stays that way)😁

• Love 12

They're the last people in the entire neighborhood that are the original owners of their house. I sincerely thought that man would survive the nuclear apocalypse. He was sickly for as long as I can remember. 

End of an era. I often wish people had compiled oral histories of those who bought the prefab homes after WWII and then stayed in them as long as humanly possible. It would have been interesting to see the dynamics and how they changed over time.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They're the last people in the entire neighborhood that are the original owners of their house. I sincerely thought that man would survive the nuclear apocalypse. He was sickly for as long as I can remember. 

End of an era. I often wish people had compiled oral histories of those who bought the prefab homes after WWII and then stayed in them as long as humanly possible. It would have been interesting to see the dynamics and how they changed over time.  

I don’t think the house I grew up in was prefab but my parents bought it in 1955, my mom lived there until she died in 2013. We moved in a month before my 4th birthday. 

• Love 7

I'm not having that hard of a time with the physical side of the lockdown. I struggle more with the emotional side of it all, mostly due to the ongoing health risks.

Unlike the many protesters, it will be a long time before I'm at ease venturing out into the community. We can only do so much to keep ourselves corona-free and I feel we need to be extra vigilant because of all the reckless and clueless folks out there.

I wish I could relax and enjoy the perks of being home, but I haven't got there yet.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I don’t think the house I grew up in was prefab but my parents bought it in 1955, my mom lived there until she died in 2013. We moved in a month before my 4th birthday. 

Each alternating house in the neighborhood had the exact same layout. Theirs is the absolute original. I think they only changed the siding. Most are being torn down or renovated extensively to add second floors, etc. as each owner passes away and a new one moves in. There was a certain charm to those houses. 

Mind you that won't be happening now for a long time...

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My sympathies to those who must endure ultra religious type situations.  I did it for a long time.  I'm lucky that I am not an atheist. lol  It's a difficult thing to navigate. It did teach me patience though. 

My aunt and uncle came by with dinner tonight and brought dinner for 8! (There's only 4 of us!)  Just dropped it off at door.  They are sheltering at home too.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, hash brown casserole with cheddar cheese and bacon, yeast rolls.....omg.  I'm not normally that big on carbs, but, it looks awesome!  This will be my splurge night!  lol

What a great surprise & sounds very yummy.   You got me with the yeast rolls (I can smell their deliciousness) &hash brown casserole with cheese & bacon, one of my favorites.

@Ijustwantsomechips Hope you have a great birthday & find a nice way to celebrate even while being quarantined. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yep! Each day I drag myself from the bed just a little later than the day before. I hate taking these unemployment calls, but since we have to go back into the office starting tomorrow, I stopped taking them. I’m taking the day off tomorrow since it’s my birthday, and will go back on Friday. 

Something tells me the office has not been properly sanitized, and a second wave of infections is coming.

I do believe we're birthday twins!  I am working today, my coworkers decorated my office with signs, balloons and flowers. We're having ice cream cake at lunch.  I'm on call tonight, but it isn't like I had any big plans.  I'll be off tomorrow post call and then back in the office Friday.

Happy Birthday!

• Love 20

my son is also having a birthday today -- lots of earth day babies here!  happy celebrating!!!  thinking i might go drop off a cupcake to him...i look for excuses to go for a drive without getting out of my car or stopping places. having something fresh to look at helps a lot. saying that, i am referring to a once a week jaunt, in general. taking the quarantine VERY seriously.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I do believe we're birthday twins!  I am working today, my coworkers decorated my office with signs, balloons and flowers. We're having ice cream cake at lunch.  I'm on call tonight, but it isn't like I had any big plans.  I'll be off tomorrow post call and then back in the office Friday.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I hope that it's sweet!🎂💮😉

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I wimped out, didn't call Mery and tell her off...she invited him again, he wimped out and joined them again tonight...

They said the Rosary..then proceeded to all just talk about the pandemic, how all the family is doing,  and everyone was done in about hour and then everyone said goodbye..no other church people drama at all.

I wonder if him being missing for a day gave them the hint that he wasn't happy?🙃 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(let's see if it stays that way)😁

I hope it does.  I have found that people who need to get hints, rarely do.  lol  My mom is always so afraid of hurting someone's feelings....making them feel bad....please.  I tell her, I WISH we could hurt some feelings and make them feel bad.  If they did, they might stop and think and stop being so rude to others.  lol  

• Love 7