Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Guess what, guys?! I got a call this morning, and the cells on my cervix were benign!!! Whoooo hoooo!!! Sooooo glad to have the good news! 😃😃😃

CONGRATS!!!!!  I know how exciting news like that is.  I had my colonoscopy last week and found out Saturday the polyp was benign.  I am currently waiting to hear the results of my husbands tests.  He had a mole looked at and the sample taken Monday.  Anxiously awaiting those.  Now enjoy the weekend knowing you are free and clear!!!!!!!

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe I could try to convert them to Catholicism? "Can I tell you about the Pope?" "Can I show you my Rosary?"

You could do what I did to get rid of a dude when I was 21.  He was cute and older than me who was in recovery from being an alcoholic/drug addict.  He was also a born again Christian and I have a strong interest in ghosts/occult/religion (even though I am not well versed in it).  Don't think I am too weird but I also have a huge collection of bibles including the satanic bible.  So he was kinda irritating and I wasn't good at breaking up with people so I left a sampling of books out when he came over for dinner.  He looked at them and said this isn't going to work out.  Yes it was passive aggressive but it worked!!!!  And no, I am not some satan worshiping weirdo and I have respect for others religious beliefs.  

I wonder if the Duggars have a big get together after the funeral with lots of hot dishes etc?  If so, what the heck would the Dillards bring?  How much sodium would be in the entire meal?  This is where my mind goes.  So maybe I am a little weird.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You could do what I did to get rid of a dude when I was 21.  He was cute and older than me who was in recovery from being an alcoholic/drug addict.  He was also a born again Christian and I have a strong interest in ghosts/occult/religion (even though I am not well versed in it).  Don't think I am too weird but I also have a huge collection of bibles including the satanic bible.  So he was kinda irritating and I wasn't good at breaking up with people so I left a sampling of books out when he came over for dinner.  He looked at them and said this isn't going to work out.  Yes it was passive aggressive but it worked!!!!  And no, I am not some satan worshiping weirdo and I have respect for others religious beliefs.  

I wonder if the Duggars have a big get together after the funeral with lots of hot dishes etc?  If so, what the heck would the Dillards bring?  How much sodium would be in the entire meal?  This is where my mind goes.  So maybe I am a little weird.

Nicely done!

I got rid of a preacher who seemed to want me as a daughter-in-law by talking a lot about Karl Marx. Lol

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

CONGRATS!!!!!  I know how exciting news like that is.  I had my colonoscopy last week and found out Saturday the polyp was benign.  I am currently waiting to hear the results of my husbands tests.  He had a mole looked at and the sample taken Monday.  Anxiously awaiting those.  Now enjoy the weekend knowing you are free and clear!!!!!!!

Whooooo hooooo!!! High five to you, tooooo!!! Now sending good vibes to your husband. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Today we went to the high school graduation for the oldest grandson. He got a bunch of awards and merit scholarships and has had a very nice high school journey including a part  time job and many of the same friends since kindergarten. All this despite having low vision. He doesn’t drive. He is a nice kid. Back when he was little he called me “service grandma” because, well, I did dote on him. But he was always respectful and it was “our thing”. We had this whole scenario when he was little that I would go to college with him and do his laundry and take notes etc. Of course I knew it wouldn’t happen and as he got older that talk went away. So today I said “well it doesn’t look like I’m going to college with you after all”.  His kindergarten teacher came to the graduation party. I had met her in his class and liked her. It was so much fun to see her again. And when I hugged him today I told him what I have told him all these years - that I love him as much as any grandma could love any boy. He is on a plane now to a week long debate tournament. His parents really haven’t absorbed how much their lives will change even with the two left behind. I don’t even live close but I am “verklempft”. 

I’m so happy for you to have this wonderful relationship with your grandson and indeed know how bittersweet it is to watch them grow up and away from us. Their lives and experiences call. He is lucky to have your unconditional love and if need be, he will always have your safe harbor to sail into. Also kudos to him doing so well and the debate tournament...what an accomplishment. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And when I hugged him today I told him what I have told him all these years - that I love him as much as any grandma could love any boy. He is on a plane now to a week long debate tournament. His parents really haven’t absorbed how much their lives will change even with the two left behind. I don’t even live close but I am “verklempft”. 

I really relate to this.  I've enjoyed my grandchildren so much.  I now routinely tell them that I love them each just the way they are and that there's never anything they could do or say that would make me stop loving them.  I say that to my grown children too.  I think we could all stand to have a bit more unconditional love.  (Not that I ever got that from my parents but, never mind, that's a story for another day...)

• Love 13

doodlebug, medical question for you. I think I broke my big toe this evening. Besides ice, elevation, Aleve, and staying off it, is there anything else I should do before getting in to the doctor on hopefully Monday?

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, emma675 said:

doodlebug, medical question for you. I think I broke my big toe this evening. Besides ice, elevation, Aleve, and staying off it, is there anything else I should do before getting in to the doctor on hopefully Monday?

I hope Doodlebug is here and she can tell you exactly what to do.

In case she's not - I did the same thing a few years ago.  It hurt quite a bit and the toe and part of the foot had a deep purple bruise for a few days.  I did the ice, elevation, and Ibuprofen for a few days and then I taped the toe to the one next to it for a couple of weeks.  I broke a popsicle stick in half and covered it with adhesive tape and used that as a splint between the toes.  It seems to have healed fine.  I didn't go to the ER because this was during Christmas.  I was stupidly kicking what I thought was an empty box out of the way and it contained my nephew's new set of weights.  

Edited by NotFundie
  • Useful 2

NotFundie, ouch! I clumsily dropped a 24 oz glass bottle of juice right across the top of my toes and I was wearing flip flops. My big toe seems to have taken the brunt of it, it's throbbing and totally bruised. I'm praying I don't lose the nail, lol. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, emma675 said:

Seconding @NotFundie‘s advice to tape the toe. I have broken more than one toe and that’s pretty much how the doctor has handled them.  (I am clumsy, wear sandals around my house regardless of the season and have weird pinkie toes, so this is a life-long hazard.)

• Love 4

We had yet another storm blow through this morning and the power was knocked out for over 4 hours. Most of my neighborhood just got power back on Wednesday from the storms last Sunday. This is ridiculous. We're scheduled for more storms this afternoon, too, ugh.

My big toe is purple and won't bend this morning, so I think it's fractured. What a weekend, lol!

• Love 1

@emma675  Ouch! That really has to hurt especially the way it happened.  Sending healing thoughts your way.

@lookeyloo Congratulations to you, your grandson & family on his graduation.   It sounds like he will go far in the world.  

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there including the folks who have to fill in for that position.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, emma675 said:

NotFundie, ouch! I clumsily dropped a 24 oz glass bottle of juice right across the top of my toes and I was wearing flip flops. My big toe seems to have taken the brunt of it, it's throbbing and totally bruised. I'm praying I don't lose the nail, lol. 

Ouch ouch ouch!!!  I dropped a frozen 16 pound turkey on my big toe in December. So painful. I immediately put ice on it and laid with it straight up in the air. It wasn’t broken and I didn’t lose the nail but the bruised part of the nail is almost grown out. And I will repeat ouch ouch ouch!!!

• Love 1

So I was applying for jobs, and I noticed my old workplace has 11 openings currently, whereas other schools have about 1-4. I LOL'd because it wasn't long ago that we were talking about toxic workplaces, and apparently things are getting worse there! At some point the superintendent will have to notice that this dipshit has high, high turnover every year (as well as lots of mid-year quitting), and consistently horrible survey results from his staff. You'd think?

i found out yesterday that one of my former coworkers is leaving with no job lined up, and I'm shocked!!! She is ALWAYS talking about how broke she is, because her husband is also a teacher, and they have several kids between them. I feel like she exaggerates it some, because they go on cruises, but she's always talking about being down to their last few dollars, however literally or figuratively she means it. She also has diabetes, so she needs the health insurance. Things must be BAD for her to just up and quit! She's taught for probably 20 years, and students universally love her. Of course, she's a sweetie, so the principal probably hates her. He must have also really terrorized the English teachers, because there are like 5-6 English positions open. 

Whyyyyyy do people like him get to keep bullshitting their way through life, with no one stopping them?

in any event, I'm soooo glad I got out when I did, because if this lady quit, this past year must have been terrible! Everyone who has been there this year has horror stories, too. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

So I was applying for jobs, and I noticed my old workplace has 11 openings currently, whereas other schools have about 1-4. I LOL'd because it wasn't long ago that we were talking about toxic workplaces, and apparently things are getting worse there! At some point the superintendent will have to notice that this dipshit has high, high turnover every year (as well as lots of mid-year quitting), and consistently horrible survey results from his staff. You'd think?

i found out yesterday that one of my former coworkers is leaving with no job lined up, and I'm shocked!!! She is ALWAYS talking about how broke she is, because her husband is also a teacher, and they have several kids between them. I feel like she exaggerates it some, because they go on cruises, but she's always talking about being down to their last few dollars, however literally or figuratively she means it. She also has diabetes, so she needs the health insurance. Things must be BAD for her to just up and quit! She's taught for probably 20 years, and students universally love her. Of course, she's a sweetie, so the principal probably hates her. He must have also really terrorized the English teachers, because there are like 5-6 English positions open. 

Whyyyyyy do people like him get to keep bullshitting their way through life, with no one stopping them?

If your school district is anything like the ones in my area, then he will get promoted to central office.  Then your district will talk him up to get him moved to another district and he will become an assistant superintendent.   And then people wonder why no one wants to be a teacher in north Carolina. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I need a hug and I have no one. 

My uncle yelled at me yesterday... he has never been kind or nice to his only sibling either. 

Big gentle hug.I wish you lived close I would take you out to dinner. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I need a hug and I have no one. 

My uncle yelled at me yesterday... he has never been kind or nice to his only sibling either. 

(((Hugs)))

I've been yelled at by the MIL for 3 days straight now (and called a liar today because I remember things differently than she does). She also isn't nice to anyone anymore. Very trying woman, but my husband and I are all she has locally. No one else will talk to her or help her any longer unless it's their job (she lives in a  studio in the assisted living wing of a local senior living facility). 

Last night, she literally said that my parents would be ashamed of me (for not helping her enough? I'm not sure). What a horrible thing to say to anyone, let alone a relative who helps with EVERYTHING. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

@crazycatlady58 and @galaxychaser, I'll join!!! I am so sorry, galaxychaser. If it makes you feel better, he is probably a deeply unhappy person if he feels the need to be that way...but it's hard to really be comforted by that. 

@Sew Sumi my BFF is going through the same thing with her grandmother! She is soooo good to her, and the only grandchild who does anything. She is an ungrateful, hateful woman, and always has been, but her long suffering husband had to take the brunt of it until his death a couple years ago. So I definitely understand. Sending good vibes your way!

@Ohiopirate02 sounds likely. Can't happen soon enough, lol! It would be funny, because getting a promotion would be a big blow to him. He craves the power of running his own school, and has been explicit about that since he came here as an AP. He even said things like, "if you care about helping me reach my goal of being a principal one day, you will do this." Ummmm dude...I couldn't give a crap about helping you! That was one of the things he did with me, starting the drama department. He got to brag about starting that without doing ANY work, or even coming to the productions,and then discarded it the second he could. Total narcissist, and honestly, I think, psychopath. Never seen him feel empathy for anybody! He loves to crow about being a SJW, but I'm sure he does that because he hates preppy country club types, and it's also incredibly popular to be a SJW these days. I've seen him mock the black and gay students he proclaims to love so much for the way they speak, so...the last shred of hope I had that he could empathize went right out the window!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Seconding @NotFundie‘s advice to tape the toe. I have broken more than one toe and that’s pretty much how the doctor has handled them.  (I am clumsy, wear sandals around my house regardless of the season and have weird pinkie toes, so this is a life-long hazard.)

I have broken a toe on a couple of occasions, and I taped it to the next toe and wore open shoes.  I think that's all the doctor would do, unless it is dislocated or is bleeding profusely.  There really is not much to do about broken toes.  Mine healed in two or three weeks, as I remember.  A broken foot is a different story, however.(A two liter Pepsi bottle rolled off the seat of my car and did a direct hit on my little toe the day before a formal dinner dance.  I went to a cheap shoe store and bought a pair of wide-width shoes and cut off the strap across the toe, but I didn't do much dancing!)

• Love 2

My mother broke her toe once,she dropped a portable typewriter on her bid toe, about 1966 or so you know that was heavy, she went to the Dr., but there was not anything he could do. The blood started collecting under the toenail and was very painful. To relieve the pressure she heated a nail and put a small hole in the toenail. She said it felt better right away. I come from tough stock, but I am a big whinny baby. I would be at the Dr. office in a heart beat. He would do basically the same thing but I would want good drugs before he did anything. 

• Love 4

My mom dislocated her toe walking down stairs holding my son. She kind of fell and while trying to stay upright and not drop her grandson, she bashed her toe into the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Took her to the ER the next day (it was a weekend) and the doc came in after all the work up and asked, "This toe?" My mom says yes. And he yanks it into place. She was gobsmacked and pissed off. But that was about all they could do. She was told they don't really set toes as they do fingers, you kind of just get used to it. But this was 16 years ago, so I may be remembering wrong.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

My mom dislocated her toe walking down stairs holding my son. She kind of fell and while trying to stay upright and not drop her grandson, she bashed her toe into the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Took her to the ER the next day (it was a weekend) and the doc came in after all the work up and asked, "This toe?" My mom says yes. And he yanks it into place. She was gobsmacked and pissed off. But that was about all they could do. She was told they don't really set toes as they do fingers, you kind of just get used to it. But this was 16 years ago, so I may be remembering wrong.

That gave me a flashback to when I broke my pinky finger in middle school playing basketball. In order to set it, the doctor basically pulled it out and then popped it back in. I got a shot to numb it, then a nurse held down my feet so I wouldn’t kick the doctor while he did his thing. It hurt more to have it set than to break it in the first place (which didn’t hurt that much at all, but it was at a very unnatural angle). 

• Love 4

So highlight of MY DAY was being lodged under the armpit of an incredibly attractive man on the train (chicago redline). Here is his arm (no face because I don’t want to be a creeper). 

I am NOT short (5’7), so imagine how tall he was. I am not a fan of Caucasian men with dark hair on an aesthetic level but he was very handsome. 

CF01FBF5-6C5C-4711-B40B-5B395C89880C.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

My church (non-denominational) is similar to Cross Church in style and size.  That’s just the way they build them now. I’m sure it’s much more cost effective than elaborate structures with stained glass and ornate carvings, and they have to accommodate screens and AV equipment.  Protestant churches also tend to be less ornate than Catholic churches, at least all the ones I’ve seen, with the exception of the oldest churches in the city.  I went to St. Joseph’s Cathedral in new Orleans and all I can say is wow! Wow!!!  I did snap some pictures of the beautiful sanctuary, but that was during a wedding.  

Bottom line is Jill just doesn’t seem to know what is appropriate.  

Why must churches have screens and AV equipment? (Former Catholic here too).

• Love 6
(edited)
47 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why must churches have screens and AV equipment? (Former Catholic here too).

In my experience, the screens and projector are used to put up slides with song lyrics, if you're singing "praise and worship" (i.e., not hymnal-bound) ditties.  They might also include screens/slides at the beginning of service like (picture of missionary and family) "Pray for the Sumners who are ministering in Sumatra this year!"  "Mark your calendars for upcoming prayer potluck June 26!"  They are also intermittently used for Christmas pageants and Easter passion plays.  Plus some churches like to record the sermons on tape (or did) for home-bound, etc., individuals.  I'm sure there are some televised/mega-church type outfits that have fancier AV setups for shinier reasons; but most of the AV systems deployed in churches are pretty bare-bones, and utilized for fairly dull reasons.  I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, to find some using transparencies still for their visual aids, instead of slides.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

In my experience, the screens and projector are used to put up slides with song lyrics, if you're singing "praise and worship" (i.e., not hymnal-bound) ditties.  They might also include screens/slides at the beginning of service like (picture of missionary and family) "Pray for the Sumners who are ministering in Sumatra this year!"  "Mark your calendars for upcoming prayer potluck June 26!"  They are also intermittently used for Christmas pageants and Easter passion plays.  Plus some churches like to record the sermons on tape (or did) for home-bound, etc., individuals.  I'm sure there are some televised/mega-church type outfits that have fancier AV setups for shinier reasons; but most of the AV systems deployed in churches are pretty bare-bones, and utilized for fairly dull reasons.  I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, to find some using transparencies still for their visual aids, instead of slides.

In a mega-church I attended for a short period, the screens were also used to alert parents that they needed to come get their children from the children's bible study group.   Each child would be assigned a number and they would put the numbers in the lower corner of the screen.  It usually meant that the child was acting up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think anything on an AV system to add some interest to a non-liturgical service would be a boon. These days people literally have access to the world in a small device (smartphone) they carry around in a pocket. Are they going to be eager to spend at least an hour on a Sunday morning sitting in a bland auditorium just listening to a guy in a suit preaching at them, with maybe a mediocre choir and an amateur pianist pounding out a few hymns? Nope. That is so 20th Century.

At the very least those big screens can handle announcements of upcoming activities, hymn lyrics, paging, illustrations for sermons, and those nice tribute video/slideshows honoring the dear departed at funerals, some of which have already been noted above. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

In a mega-church I attended for a short period, the screens were also used to alert parents that they needed to come get their children from the children's bible study group.   Each child would be assigned a number and they would put the numbers in the lower corner of the screen.  It usually meant that the child was acting up.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh.  I'm sure it didn't work how I imagine it in my head!  Someone snarky surely couldn't have that job.  HA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, frenchtoast said:

There's not much they can do. I broke my big toe taking a heels hip hop class. It was just a matter of staying off it and wearing proper fitting shoes when I did walk on it.

I have not worn heels in almost a year. It sucks.

11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Does anyone have an Apple Watch? I’m interested in using it for the gym mostly. What’s your experience with it? 

Thanks.

I don't use Apple, but I love my Samsung Gear.  I like getting notifications on my wrist so I am not attached to my phone all the time.  I can easily see a text message or call and decide if I want to find my phone to answer.  One thing about any wrist health monitor--they will not accurately keep track of steps if that is something you are interested in.  My Gear will figure out I am moving while cutting my grass but it will not count the steps since my arm is in a fixed position.  

5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think anything on an AV system to add some interest to a non-liturgical service would be a boon. These days people literally have access to the world in a small device (smartphone) they carry around in a pocket. Are they going to be eager to spend at least an hour on a Sunday morning sitting in a bland auditorium just listening to a guy in a suit preaching at them, with maybe a mediocre choir and an amateur pianist pounding out a few hymns? Nope. That is so 20th Century.

At the very least those big screens can handle announcements of upcoming activities, hymn lyrics, paging, illustrations for sermons, and those nice tribute video/slideshows honoring the dear departed at funerals, some of which have already been noted above. 

This does make sense, but it's just kind of sad that people are becoming unable to sit and listen to something that doesn't come with bright colors and plenty of extra audio-visual interest outside of just listening to a speaker. While I haven't voluntarily been to church in years, and generally found more to criticize than embrace with most sermons going back to when I was quite young, the actual sitting and listening wasn't the problem as much as the content. And even if it all gets boring, there's always people-watching to pass the time. I can get distracted by almost anything.

I'm probably just old and completely out of touch with the "new" reality. Plus, I never have been, and never will be a multi-tasker - I'm the poster child for the "can't walk and chew gum at the same time" segment of the population, so it's beyond me how someone could find doing just one thing at a time to be some sort of torture.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This does make sense, but it's just kind of sad that people are becoming unable to sit and listen to something that doesn't come with bright colors and plenty of extra audio-visual interest outside of just listening to a speaker. While I haven't voluntarily been to church in years, and generally found more to criticize than embrace with most sermons going back to when I was quite young, the actual sitting and listening wasn't the problem as much as the content. And even if it all gets boring, there's always people-watching to pass the time. I can get distracted by almost anything.

I'm probably just old and completely out of touch with the "new" reality. Plus, I never have been, and never will be a multi-tasker - I'm the poster child for the "can't walk and chew gum at the same time" segment of the population, so it's beyond me how someone could find doing just one thing at a time to be some sort of torture.

One thing I have noticed with the younger generations is they actually want time and space to disconnect from their devices.  Gen Z and younger Millenials are more likely to read a printed book than an ebook for example.  They are constantly on their devices are are looking for reasons to put down the phone.  They are able to sit for an hour for a church service as long as the message is "woke."  If young people are not attending church, it is because of the racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc message, not because they cannot sit still without their phones.  The media may want to portray young people as having a cellphone permanently glued to their hand, but reality is much different. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One thing I have noticed with the younger generations is they actually want time and space to disconnect from their devices.  Gen Z and younger Millenials are more likely to read a printed book than an ebook for example.  They are constantly on their devices are are looking for reasons to put down the phone.  They are able to sit for an hour for a church service as long as the message is "woke."  If young people are not attending church, it is because of the racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc message, not because they cannot sit still without their phones.  The media may want to portray young people as having a cellphone permanently glued to their hand, but reality is much different. 

I was so pleased to read that. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I like getting notifications on my wrist so I am not attached to my phone all the time.  I can easily see a text message or call and decide if I want to find my phone to answer.  One thing about any wrist health monitor--they will not accurately keep track of steps if that is something you are interested in.  My Gear will figure out I am moving while cutting my grass but it will not count the steps since my arm is in a fixed position.  

I have an Apple watch and love mine, but mostly because I also like not being tied to my phone. It buzzes when I get a notification or a call and I can check it at work without being noticable. You can reply on it, too, and use it for calls on speaker. (I only do that at home!)

As far as an activity tracker, I'm sure it's not super accurate but I find it does provide a baseline so you can track deviations. I don't use it for exercise (because I, uh, don't really exercise?) but it also tracks steps and active calories which I find good enough because I walk a lot at work. It syncs with your phone so you can get a good visualization of your activity but I wouldn't really trust the numbers to be spot on. It also measures heart rate which is fun but again, probably not incredibly accurate. 

I wear mine every day and miss it when I'm not. And sometimes I even use it as intended ... to check the time and date. 😂

• Love 3

Mr. Six has an Apple Watch, and he loves it.  The only time he takes it off is to charge it overnight and to shower.  While they're not waterproof, they are water resistant.  Apple will be launching the next series later this year, and they generally put new stuff out in September.  They will also be coming out with iOS 13 (for all Apple devices), and the Watch is getting some pretty big improvements since the 4 series came out.  We're a strict Apple household with numerous devices between us, and I'm a not so closeted tech geek.  I watch the World Wide Development Conference every time, and I've been known to take notes.  I think I need help.  Please send Siri 😉

• LOL 4
On 6/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, Scarlett45 said:

So highlight of MY DAY was being lodged under the armpit of an incredibly attractive man on the train (chicago redline). Here is his arm (no face because I don’t want to be a creeper). 

I am NOT short (5’7), so imagine how tall he was. I am not a fan of Caucasian men with dark hair on an aesthetic level but he was very handsome. 

CF01FBF5-6C5C-4711-B40B-5B395C89880C.jpeg

Scarlett, I am drooling right now! This dude is HOT! 🔥🔥🔥

The power is out, and I'm home alone. It's so creepy! We had a bad storm, and it's been out for six hours. Chilling with some candles, and hoping my friend gets home soon. It's so much more creepy when you are alone!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Scarlett, I am drooling right now! This dude is HOT! 🔥🔥🔥

The power is out, and I'm home alone. It's so creepy! We had a bad storm, and it's been out for six hours. Chilling with some candles, and hoping my friend gets home soon. It's so much more creepy when you are alone!

He was HOT. His face was handsome too. He had good skin and short hair (I only like long hair on men if it’s dread locks). I was snapping photos on the sly pretending to read my phone. 

No I didn’t say hi. I hate being hit on in public. Like dude get an app for that I’m trying to buy detergent. So I wouldn’t do that to him. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

He was HOT. His face was handsome too. He had good skin and short hair (I only like long hair on men if it’s dread locks). I was snapping photos on the sly pretending to read my phone. 

No I didn’t say hi. I hate being hit on in public. Like dude get an app for that I’m trying to buy detergent. So I wouldn’t do that to him. 

Hahahaha I would be too scared to say hi! He is too good looking!

Power just came back on, after 15 hours!!! We had a bad storm yesterday afternoon, and we had 1.3K people without power in just this small area, and 10K in all of Charlotte! Crazy. It was a HOT night, for sure! I got under the covers for ten minutes, and that's how long I lasted. Ahhhh I'm going to try to sleep another hour or so. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha I would be too scared to say hi! He is too good looking!

Don’t be afraid!! No no no. Granted, very good looking men usually know it, but since men are usually sexually harassed in public it’s a compliment when a gal says hi to them. You are not allowed to be afraid to say hi to good looking men any more. 

6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Power just came back on, after 15 hours!!! We had a bad storm yesterday afternoon, and we had 1.3K people without power in just this small area, and 10K in all of Charlotte! Crazy. It was a HOT night, for sure! I got under the covers for ten minutes, and that's how long I lasted. Ahhhh I'm going to try to sleep another hour or so. 

Last spring my riser pipe went out on my house, I had no idea what a riser pipe was because they last 70-80years! We didn’t lose all power, but no AC, no washer/dryer, no microwave. I love hot weather and even I was a tad warm, I just drank lots of water and wore no clothes  

My sister got so agitated the microwave wouldn’t work I had to put it in the basement. Thank god we didn’t lose cable/tv/dvd player because if Disney Jr goes out there will be a fight at my Mom’s house!

Wishing power back to you and everyone else. I always think of the kids and vulnerable adults who don’t understand why things didn’t work and how it disrupts their routine. Boy oh boy. 

• Love 5