Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rockford's answering machine was revolutionary. Nobody had them during the early years of the show. 😁

I love the answering machine gag! The cumulative effect of them is great. 

It's actually my ringtone now! 😂

Specifically the one where Angel calls and says, you know how they give you one phone call, well, this is it! 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am getting ready to go see my 9 year old self's dream lineup on Sunday--Salt n"Peppa, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and New Kids on the Block.  I have been listening to my Spotify playlist of all these artists and just remembering all the good times I had listening to them back in the day.  It saddens to me to think that there are people like the Duggars who have never had this connection to music.  

OMG!!! I had tickets to this show and couldn’t make it at the last minute 😩 soooo heartbroken!  Was it amazing??

• Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am getting ready to go see my 9 year old self's dream lineup on Sunday--Salt n"Peppa, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and New Kids on the Block.  I have been listening to my Spotify playlist of all these artists and just remembering all the good times I had listening to them back in the day.  It saddens to me to think that there are people like the Duggars who have never had this connection to music.  

Since we are still talking about Bruce, I believe that there are 5 gospels--Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Bruce.  I listen to the Gospel of Bruce on a daily basis, and feel off all day if I do not.

I wanted to go see them but too far 😫😫😫

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

FUN!  I am seeing my 14 year old giant crush Billy Idol in a few weeks.  My brother in law knows his keyboardist so we MAY get to go backstage.  Told Mr. Natalie I may be hitting the road with my new boyfriend.  HA!

I’m so jealous!  I listened to his music constantly during my college years. A friend of mine ruined “Dancing with Myself” though. He changed the word ‘dancing’ to make the title something the Duggars think is a sin and then rewrote all the lyrics. My 20 year old self thought it was hilarious. I wish I could remember the lyrics. My friend later became a writer so his version was probably pretty good. 

Have a great time and let us know if you got to go backstage!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, awaken said:

OMG!!! I had tickets to this show and couldn’t make it at the last minute 😩 soooo heartbroken!  Was it amazing??

I'm going this Sunday the 7th.  I'm sorry you couldn't go.  I have been waiting 29 years to see New Kids and I am beyond excited with this lineup.   I did not get to go back in 1990 when they were playing in Cleveland incidentally on July 7, 1990 because it was my moms due date for my little brother.   He ended up being born on the 2nd, but to quote my father Damnit Joey.  My sister who was born I 1988 is willing to go with me.  I hope she knows what she is getting into.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Why do people go to the movies if they would sleep/snore through most of it? 

A snoring guy ruined spider man for me yesterday! Seriously dude spent half the movie snoring.

He probably didn't have ac at home and went to the movies to escape the heat. 

Sorry his snoring was too loud. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Why do people go to the movies if they would sleep/snore through most of it? 

A snoring guy ruined spider man for me yesterday! Seriously dude spent half the movie snoring.

My mom is notorious for falling asleep at the movies.  She fell asleep during a Christmas day showing of Toy Story and we have never let her forget it.   She was so bad that my dad stopped taking her to the movies for dates. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

He probably didn't have ac at home and went to the movies to escape the heat. 

Sorry his snoring was too loud. 

We certainly have a lot of folks hang out at the library all day for that reason. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

We went to see Yesterday - enjoyed it very much.  6 people counting us in the theater.

I saw yesterday too. The theater was packed! Spider Man I practically sat in front because other wise it was packed.

i enjoyed yesterday very much! 

• Love 4

I’m back home from a quick trip (4days) to Las Vegas. I won enough money to cover the hotel, food, taxis and extras. I was only out my airfare. They give you a 50 cent coin every time you hit Black Jack. I came home with 55 of them! This was my first (and probably the last) time that I have ever gambled. I would have liked to have seen a show or get up to the strip to see all the free sights. We were downtown. My friend wouldn’t leave the tables...he’d gamble from 9:30-10 am until 3-6 am. I couldn’t hang with him that long playing. He is a friend from HS and this was our first friends trip. Flying home last night was  cool. You could look out the window and see all the fireworks. I’m home for 2 days then I’m off on another trip. Lol...just enough time to do laundry and repack. I miss y’all when I’m away. 

• Love 16
On 7/4/2019 at 6:20 AM, EVS said:

I’m so jealous!  I listened to his music constantly during my college years. A friend of mine ruined “Dancing with Myself” though. He changed the word ‘dancing’ to make the title something the Duggars think is a sin and then rewrote all the lyrics. My 20 year old self thought it was hilarious. I wish I could remember the lyrics. My friend later became a writer so his version was probably pretty good. 

Have a great time and let us know if you got to go backstage!

Will do!!!!  It may not happen but that is ok.  I will be embarrassing my 17 year old niece by fan girling!

• Love 3
On 7/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

Ha, I was thinking James Garner, yes I know he is dead but he had a lovely voice.

I loved Rockford Files.  It was on at 10pm when I was a kid and I ALWAYS craved tacos watching that because it is what he ate.  I still watch reruns occasionally.  I thought he was handsome.  Especially in The Thrill of it All.  I also always felt badly for him.  He had a horrid upbringing.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He had a horrid upbringing.

He really did. I thought he turned out remarkably well-adjusted, considering what he went through. 

• Love 2

https://www.amazon.com/Dear-Mother-Poems-mess-motherhood/dp/0778308464/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=dear+mother+bunmi+laditan&qid=1562355205&s=gateway&sprefix=dear+mother&sr=8-1

Page 92

you’re still my child, angel 

even though you’ll never wear diapers 

or ride a bike

You’re still my child 

even without a first day of school

Or a last day of camp

i hear the whisper of your name 

on windy fall afternoons 

and feel your spirit in the blue butterflies 

that rest on my palm

we must live on opposite sides of the veil 

for a little while 

wait for me, angel

i won’t be long

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I loved Rockford Files.  It was on at 10pm when I was a kid and I ALWAYS craved tacos watching that because it is what he ate.  I still watch reruns occasionally.  I thought he was handsome.  Especially in The Thrill of it All.  I also always felt badly for him.  He had a horrid upbringing.

My mom's co-worker Joe used to play in golf tournaments with Jim Garner.  Joe said he was the nicest, most down to earth guy he had ever met. He also said he had a really big butt. 

Edited by Rescue Mama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rescue Mama said:

My mom's co-worker Joe used to play in golf tournaments with Jim Garner.  Joe said he was the nicest, most down to earth guy he had ever met. He also said he had a rely big butt. 

That is nice to hear about him.  Now I gotta look for pics of his butt!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Tonight I'm spending an inordinate amount of time trying to determine the size of James Garner's ass while I watch rockford because of this thread. 😂

But he's almost always wearing a sports coat, so I have nothing to add to the debate.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Tonight I'm spending an inordinate amount of time trying to determine the size of James Garner's ass while I watch rockford because of this thread. 😂

But he's almost always wearing a sports coat, so I have nothing to add to the debate.

I love your dedication to this missive. Keep us posted. 

Huge James Garner fan as well. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I love your dedication to this missive. Keep us posted. 

Huge James Garner fan as well. 

I have been keeping a running count of how many times he actually gets paid, how often he eats tacos, and how often Angel shits him on something. Just tacking this onto the list of things to watch for. 😄

Seriously though I've really been loving this show. It holds up so well and is a refreshing change of pace from what I usually watch. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Just felt a small earthquake here near Lodi.

Are you in Las Vegas? That's where I live and I swear to God I just felt the ground swaying as I sat on my patio. My husband told me I was being ridiculous and it was the wind.

• Love 2

Yikes! Hope all of you folk out west are okay. I've never been in an earthquake but was always freaked out by my parents' stories about going through them when they were living in California during the 80s. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Is it normal not to pee often in the summer? I’m freaked out that I barely pee and drink a lot of water! 

My assumption would be due to sweat, but I have no idea!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Zella said:

I did the same thing after we heard that he had a big butt!  I never did see the damn thing though, like you said, it was always covered.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Rescue Mama said:

I did the same thing after we heard that he had a big butt!  I never did see the damn thing though, like you said, it was always covered.

The plot thickens! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I found this after googling James Garner's butt.  I was concerned about what I would find but I have a lot of free time today.  I found this from the Golf Channel: 

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/mercer-baggs/jack-family-man  He's not quite half way down in a split photo with Bob Hope.  He's in shorts or a bathing suit and the picture is from the side.  I can't imagine his butt being that big seeing him from this angle.  

Edited by wilsie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I found this after googling James Garner's butt.  I was concerned about what I would find but I have a lot of free time today.  I found this from the Golf Channel: 

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/mercer-baggs/jack-family-man  He's not quite half way down in a split photo with Bob Hope.  He's in shorts or a bathing suit and the picture is from the side.  I can't imagine his butt being that big seeing him from this angle.  

Yeah not seeing the issue there at all! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

This thread has caused the song Baby Got Back to lodge in my head. 

Also, I kinda want to watch the Rockford Files for James Garner’s butt too. 

Join me! 😄

I tried posting in general in the Rockford files thread here, but it's dead, dead, dead. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I cut all my hair off! Now look like a boy !

Well, you could always put giant bows on your head so people aren’t confused! 

I would love to rock a cute, short haircut but alas I have a giant head and shoulders like a linebacker, so that is not a good look for me.

ETA: @doodlebug, we clearly think too much about the Duggars

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Well, you could always put giant bows on your head so people aren’t confused! 

I would love to rock a cute, short haircut but alas I have a giant head and shoulders like a linebacker, so that is not a good look for me.

ETA: @doodlebug, we clearly think too much about the Duggars

Yep I inherited my dad's wide blocky face and linebacker shoulders. It doesn't pair well at all with short hair.