Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I have to say, I do not understand why this show is so cavalier about rape/sexual assault.

Its not a recent phenomenon though its been like that for decades really. The last one the show handled effectively was probably Lawrence/Jennifer. 

Otherwise the victim either falls for their rapist, or its either never mentioned or treated as an afterthought.

Here's a thought if you can't write effectively don't write it at all.

• Love 5

Tony and Kristin were hilarious.  They're the only reason I slowed down to watch those silly wedding scenes.  Loved Kristin grabbing Chadbot's hand while he was holding the gun on her.  At least something in this episode was character driven.  

If the show insists on being this ridiculous, I'd kinda love it if Marlena ended up pregnant and they did a Who's-The-Daddy storyline.  *giggle*

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Did anyone else catch how Billy screwed up and gave the white flowers to Stacy instead of Deidre? I didn't notice it at first but then we came back from commercial and I saw Marlena holding the weird green flowers and thought "well, that's not a bridal bouquet".

I, too, was disgusted by the rape, which is going both ways now. Steve is being raped even as he perpetuates the rape of Marlena (unknowingly). It's so nasty. And since all of this is Rolf's fault for implanting chips into people's brains, you kind of have to wonder what he gets out of it. The satisfaction of knowing he made two people think they were two other people and get into bed with each other? What kind of bizarre fetish is that?!

My heart just broke for Deidre, who doesn't have the figure she used to, having to dress in some kind of sexy bedroom wear for a rape scene...I mean they didn't even think to give her a nice big showy necklace for her decolletage, and Lord knows the poor woman needed one. I don't even think they put makeup below her neck. When you have aging skin, and you're appearing on camera, makeup and wardrobe choices are key to maintaining your dignity.

...oh who am I kidding, this show has none left...

Kristen and Tony exchanging glances was the best part of the show today. But in a weird way I can kind of see what Ron was going for here. As I was watching it I tried to imagine all of this with a bigger budget and some of the glamour of the 90s. It did feel like a 90s episode. I mean, at least we got to see large groups of characters together. Maison Blanche has been rebuilt. Stefano and Marlena actually got married (not really but still). John and Brady are running to the rescue together for the first time (that I've seen). But it is a complete mess and a joke in spite of Ron's intentions.

Can I rely on one of you wonderful people to please, please, pretty please make a gif of Gabi knocking out Abigail? I cheered so loud when that happened that I startled other people around me. Magic.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And since all of this is Rolf's fault for implanting chips into people's brains, you kind of have to wonder what he gets out of it. The satisfaction of knowing he made two people think they were two other people and get into bed with each other? What kind of bizarre fetish is that?!

My suspicion is that Dr Rolf's primary motivation is to triumph over death.  If you can transfer consciousness from one body to another, it might seem like a person's death is a thing of the past.  He's attempted to transfer the consciousness of two people that he seems to care about, and one could even imagine that he doesn't want to live without them in his life.  Unfortunately, his experiments aren't going so well.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

My suspicion is that Dr Rolf's primary motivation is to triumph over death.  If you can transfer consciousness from one body to another, it might seem like a person's death is a thing of the past.  He's attempted to transfer the consciousness of two people that he seems to care about, and one could even imagine that he doesn't want to live without them in his life.  Unfortunately, his experiments aren't going so well.  

And he has absolutely the shittiest taste in friends. 

3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Tony and Kristin were hilarious.  They're the only reason I slowed down to watch those silly wedding scenes.  Loved Kristin grabbing Chadbot's hand while he was holding the gun on her.  At least something in this episode was character driven.  

If the show insists on being this ridiculous, I'd kinda love it if Marlena ended up pregnant and they did a Who's-The-Daddy storyline.  *giggle*

Yes!  I want John and Stevano fighting to be in the delivery room, and I want Marlena delivering the baby dressed in her pants suit.  Hell, if Kristen can reproduce at the age of 104, no reason Marlena can't do the same.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2020 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

So it really is Hope.

Nononononono, Nicole got herself a Karen haircut.

Why does idiot Eric never question Nicole when she's acting shady?

I wonder if Ciara is going to wonder if she can compete with Will in the bed.

Funny how Xander is always able to find a corrupt hospital worker.

Tuition loans are brutal. 

Gabi hitting Abi (DO NOT SCROLL_it's from the spoiler thread):

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/6224-spoilers-and-shockers/?do=findComment&comment=6027796

image.png.64ce8a2b5d1db43589a600823745763c.png

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3

I wish Software Patch (I guess I can't really call him that anymore ::sigh:: ) would cut it out with the "my Queen of the Night" bullshit. It always makes me think of The Magic Flute, which isn't an Italian opera, doesn't really have anything to do with either Stefano or Marlena (as far as I can remember, or care to), and quite frankly, I don't want any of the yobbos in the writers' room getting their mitts on anything to do with Mozart. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I wish Software Patch (I guess I can't really call him that anymore ::sigh:: ) would cut it out with the "my Queen of the Night" bullshit. It always makes me think of The Magic Flute, which isn't an Italian opera, doesn't really have anything to do with either Stefano or Marlena (as far as I can remember, or care to), and quite frankly, I don't want any of the yobbos in the writers' room getting their mitts on anything to do with Mozart. 

Agreed here--from the moment I heard the "Queen of the Night" tag, I thought, hmmm, the Q of the N isn't a completely lovely character in the opera. In fact, unlike Marlena, she rages--and has daughters who are key players. Although I guess we could relate Dr R to Sarastro. Nah. Not worth the effort.

• Love 4

I do not recall Stefano even giving a adamn about Marlena during his last days. I remember him forcing Kate to marry him and  having a sleazy fling with a young japanese/chinese chick named Cecily -this was after he divorced Kate. not once did we ever get any hints that he still lusts after Marlena .

now that he is "alive' again , all of a sudden his lust for marlena has been rekindled. UGH!!!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I do not recall Stefano even giving a adamn about Marlena during his last days. I remember him forcing Kate to marry him and  having a sleazy fling with a young japanese/chinese chick named Cecily -this was after he divorced Kate. not once did we ever get any hints that he still lusts after Marlena .

now that he is "alive' again , all of a sudden his lust for marlena has been rekindled. UGH!!!

My head canon is that the version of Stefano that Rolf implanted was an earlier version when Stefano still loved Marlena.

• Love 6

I do no recall Ciara and Hope sharing any  scenes during the Princess Gina debacle. She never thought about her mum . so where is this sudden outpouring of emotion over the fact that she had no idea that princess Gina was occupying Hope's body for a year coming from ? 

what is also disgraceful is that she was in salem for the  whole year and was too blinded by the serial killer's abs to notice her own mum acting strange . yet it took Shawn(who does not stay in Salem)  less than 10 minutes to realise Hope is acting weird and so on . 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

My head canon is that the version of Stefano that Rolf implanted was an earlier version when Stefano still loved Marlena.

Huh? That's impossible . how did Rolf even manage that ? Did he build a time machine to travel back to the 1990s in order to get or drain Stefano's essence or memory  and then return to the present and then use that as a building block to revive Stefano? 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:35 PM, lb60 said:

Dear Show,

Make!

It!!

STOP!!!

Signed,

What's left of my sanity.

Once again, the posters here are far more entertaining than the show. 🙂

Amen! I watched Friday's episode and was embarrassed for the actors. I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to have Steve come back as Stefano and marry Marlena. Who looked absolutely ridiculous -- honestly, how did she even walk herself out of the dressing room in that getup? Argh, show. Get on with it. 

• Love 9

Huh? That's impossible . how did Rolf even manage that ? Did he build a time machine to travel back to the 1990s in order to get or drain Stefano's essence or memory  and then return to the present and then use that as a building block to revive Stefano? 

Seriously? That's impossible?!? I'm not trying to be mean or pick on you but come on - how did Rolf manage any of this?!?

If the writers expect we the viewers to believe anyone's essence or memory or whatever it is can be imported by chip into someone else - why can't it be an older version? I mean when was the last time the actual factual Princess Gina was running around on this show? Apparently Rolf kept that essence or memory or whatever all these years.

Perhaps Rolf had Stefano's from back in the day and didn't have a chance to get an updated version of the operating system. Or perhaps Rolf preferred this version of Stefano and didn't update the chip.

It makes about as much sense as anything else about this story!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

As far as we know, Rolf and Stefano didn't have much contact in the last years of his life. I think it's very likely that Rolf made chips with the downloaded memories and personalities of Stefano and Gina back in the day and just dusted those off and stick them in.

I don't want to pick on Deidre's looks, but has anybody else noticed that when she tries to make certain pained facial expressions it feels like she's fighting against her face lift and Botox? There's a range of expressiveness that just isn't there for her anymore. She can smile very well but once she starts to look confused or angry, Marlena just seems limited in the face department in a way that makes me very uncomfortable. Deidre's not a bad actress, when given good material of course, but some of the faces she's been making with Stefano just don't even look like her. Can you get nerve damage from having work done on your face? Maybe it's just the filler in her lips that's causing her to look all weird?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

As far as we know, Rolf and Stefano didn't have much contact in the last years of his life. I think it's very likely that Rolf made chips with the downloaded memories and personalities of Stefano and Gina back in the day and just dusted those off and stick them in.

I don't want to pick on Deidre's looks, but has anybody else noticed that when she tries to make certain pained facial expressions it feels like she's fighting against her face lift and Botox? There's a range of expressiveness that just isn't there for her anymore. She can smile very well but once she starts to look confused or angry, Marlena just seems limited in the face department in a way that makes me very uncomfortable. Deidre's not a bad actress, when given good material of course, but some of the faces she's been making with Stefano just don't even look like her. Can you get nerve damage from having work done on your face? Maybe it's just the filler in her lips that's causing her to look all weird?

I haven't been watching for many years but always felt that DH isn't a very good actress. But maybe there is a reason for that. You've got something there.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Rafael said:

Maybe it’s a virus in his software.  It reverts back to the nineties.

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, Rafael said:

This is the Amazing Doctor Rolf we're talking about.  😄

• LOL 7
On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Thatoneshow said:

Kristen grabbing Chads hand while he held a gun on her was pretty badass 

On 3/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Loved Kristin grabbing Chadbot's hand while he was holding the gun on her. 

I think that was the best single moment from the show in awhile tbh.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Seriously? That's impossible?!? I'm not trying to be mean or pick on you but come on - how did Rolf manage any of this?!?

If the writers expect we the viewers to believe anyone's essence or memory or whatever it is can be imported by chip into someone else - why can't it be an older version? I mean when was the last time the actual factual Princess Gina was running around on this show? Apparently Rolf kept that essence or memory or whatever all these years.

Perhaps Rolf had Stefano's from back in the day and didn't have a chance to get an updated version of the operating system. Or perhaps Rolf preferred this version of Stefano and didn't update the chip.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "older version" ,are you saying Rolf operated or tampered with Stefano's essence's brain and selectively erased the memories of his last years ? 

if Rolf did obtain stefano's essence back in tthe 1990s , doesnt that mean he drained Stefano's life force in the process?

you know what -forget it. thinking abouty this is making my brain overload and burn up. damn you Carlivati !!!!

• LOL 1

It kinda would have made sense if it was Stefano's clone who returned . they could have hired a young actor to play younger cloned version of Stefano. and this clone would have old stefano's memories. 

afterall,Rolf did use Kate AND roman and marlena's reproductive organs to create Rex and Cassie . plus Rex and Cassie were raised in seclusion . perhaps the Stefano clone was also raised in seclusion until the right time came to unleash him . i mean didnt stefano create multiple Marlena clones at some point ? LOL LOL LOL 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Rafael said:

It kinda would have made sense if it was Stefano's clone . they could have hired a young actor to play younger cloned version of Stefano. and this clone would have old stefano's memories. 

afterall,Rolf did use Kate AND roman and marlena's reproductive organs to create Rex and Cassie . plus Rex and Cassie were raised in seclusion . perhaps the Stefano clone was also raised in seclusion until the right time comes to unleash him . i mean didnt stefano create multiple Marlena clones at some point ? LOL LOL LOL 

STOP IT!  YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!  About the ONLY thing worse than Stefano's "essence" in someone else would be clones.  That means there could potentially be hundreds of them!  We would NEVER get rid of the character!  While I thought Stefano was a great villain, sadly, Joe is gone.  Trying to reproduce him or his character will NEVER be successful.  They should just move on.  Rather than focus on someone who is a great and powerful
EVUL, I for one, would prefer villains with some nuance.  They CAN be good but sometimes, when faced with a choice, they make the bad one.  

• Love 8

As bad as Eve has been these last few years, I vastly prefer her storylines to this brain-chip nonsense, because she at least feels like a plausible human being, no matter how poorly written. This garbage just feels like something a 4th grader thought up, and it's incredibly disrespectful to Joe's memory.

Remember when you guys warned that Ron's tenure would start off well and then devolve into rape storylines and reheated ideas? You were 200% right.

• Love 16
On 3/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, Lastwaltz said:

I haven't been able to watch with my husband hanging around all the time, lol. I did watch some of yesterday's but just gave up after a while. I can't even find a storyline I won't ff through these days.

But as always, I enjoy all of you and will keep tabs on the heroes and heroines of Salem this way for now : ) 

Same here. Who thought up this whole marriage thing anyway? Did they not think ahead to retirement and pandemics.  Not a moments peace. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

This is a really strange scenario with both people are victims of rape.  Both Steve and Marlena are programmed.

I guess Stephen Nichols is too old to do his own stunts, but Drake seemed to be doing his.

Nicole thinking Doctor Raynor was blackmailed into switching the babies made me laugh.  She did it for money.

Why is Sarah dressed like she's going to a cocktail party?

Who is that DiMera thug?  I swear he looks familiar.

• Love 1
On 3/29/2020 at 8:44 AM, hypnotoad said:

That would actually make a lot more sense. As outlandish as this whole "essence" plot is, the only thing that is consistent is that HoGina and Stefano are operating as their characters from the mid 90's. 

I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed as a plot point but we have consistently brought up that Stefano hasn't been interested in Marlena in well over a decade and one of their last scenes was him trying to kill her avenging Kristen's "death". This whole Queen of the Night/ Maison Blanch is the epitome of mid 90's Days.

As for Princess Gina, the last time she was on the show she wasn't interested in John. Before her death Gina was madly in love and had just married Bo. She was impersonating Hope and had settled into living her life that way. She and John were friends and she had Greta in Salem. 

If would of made far more sense for her to "wake up" and ask where Bo was. After mourning him if she wanted to settle back into being interested in John then fine. 

Seriously next we are going to have 45yr old Sami visit Salem and reveal her newest scheme to trap Austin. She Will drug his once a day men's multivitamins and arrange for his AARP membership to get delivered to her apartment.

When things eventually implode with Eric and Nicole, Kate will swoop in and offer Nicole another 5 million to lure Lucas and Ally back to Salem.

Truth be told all jokes aside I wouldn't hate a Lucas and Nicole repairing. EJ was too dark, Eris is too saintly. I think 40's something's Lucas and Nicole are a nice fit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

STOP IT!  YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!  About the ONLY thing worse than Stefano's "essence" in someone else would be clones.  That means there could potentially be hundreds of them!  We would NEVER get rid of the character!  While I thought Stefano was a great villain, sadly, Joe is gone.  Trying to reproduce him or his character will NEVER be successful.  They should just move on.  Rather than focus on someone who is a great and powerful
EVUL, I for one, would prefer villains with some nuance.  They CAN be good but sometimes, when faced with a choice, they make the bad one.  

That would require having a good writer and well that ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Nicole thinking Doctor Raynor was blackmailed into switching the babies made me laugh.  She did it for money.

Unfortunately it took John Callahan's passing to make me realize how much better this would've all been had the show brought back Dr. Baker for this storyline arc given his role in Sydnapping.  We could've had some fun moments with him comparing Nicole going full circle here. Plus I would've gone for him and Hope this time around.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Same here. Who thought up this whole marriage thing anyway? Did they not think ahead to retirement and pandemics.  Not a moments peace. 

Mr. Cat has been home for the last 2 weeks.  We've worked out a system where during the "work day" we pretty much retire to our separate corners.  He uses the office, I go in to my sewing/project room.  I've started making masks to donate, and have a TV in there to keep me company.  We both come out later in the day.  I guess this is what retirement will look like?

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Mr. Cat has been home for the last 2 weeks.  We've worked out a system where during the "work day" we pretty much retire to our separate corners.  He uses the office, I go in to my sewing/project room.  I've started making masks to donate, and have a TV in there to keep me company.  We both come out later in the day.  I guess this is what retirement will look like?

What a wonderful project to make the masks....folks in my city are doing that too.  My husband goes to his office while I am watching "Days", but he knows who all the characters are 🙂  Retirement requires lots of cooperation 🙂

• Love 7

Steveano after hearing a shot: "Something's gone wrong."

Me: "Thanks for the news flash, Captain Obvious."

Too bad this cheap ass show couldn't have put together a montage of J/M's love story, as she snapped back to reality. I would have enjoyed that, but apparently I can't have nice things.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I rewatched Friday's show and today's show today.

I laughed at Kristen and Tony's wedding commentary - the bridal cactus bouquet will be dead in a day.

I did like Anna, Kate, Abs, and Gabi working together to solve a problem. Abs' dig at Gabi' app was funny.

Was turned off at the wedding night scene with Steve and Marlena. At least John made it in time to stop it before anything happened.

What shoe is Anna wearing that it can club someone like that? I have a pair of glitter Miu Miu pumps and those are heavy but most of my shoes are not heavy and will not knock anyone out.

Why haven't we hear of Crystal Lake before and if Maison Blanche was there, why didn't Ben hide out there? A bit better than Kidnap Kabin. Hope remembers Gina's memories of the pedestrian antebellum mansion? In the Salem area? Seriously?

Sarah did look like she was headed out to the club. There is a servant to look after the baby for a couple of hours. A wedding - tomorrow? Really?

Abe sure found Dr. Raynor fast. How convenient that Nicole got the last flight out to NYC. Many airlines are shutting service down here and laying people off. The show cannot correct to current times. When the crap hits the fan, at least Abe will be able to tell Eric that Nicole had no proof and just a suspicion and she wasn't going to say anything as Xander threatened her.

Surely Brady's wound would have started to clot by now. And that someone can call an ambulance or summon Dr. Rolf.

• Love 2

Well well, wasn't that a trip?  As awful as it was I have to confess I enjoyed myself with Show today.  

Chad with his stoned stare, Tony with his Boy Band hair, Anna with her deadly heel, Stefano acting like an enraged Mr. Whipple who just discovered somebody squeezed the Charmin, and Marlena, apparently dressed for a night of lub in 12 yards of Laura Ashley upholstery material made me remember that this isn't the first time Show was unintentially hilarious.....

giphy.gif

IMO, Marlena should have shot John then.

But on the definite plus side, we had some exceptionally good Xander and Sarah scenes, some good Abe and Nicole scenes, AND, Abigail barely opened her mouth!  Why doesn't anyone ever shoot HER?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, boes said:

AND, Abigail barely opened her mouth!  Why doesn't anyone ever shoot HER?

Because it would be like if you give one kid a cookie you have to give them ALL a cookie.  Can you imagine how many people would be lined up, jostling and whining that someone took their turn?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Abe sure found Dr. Raynor fast. How convenient that Nicole got the last flight out to NYC. Many airlines are shutting service down here and laying people off. The show cannot correct to current times.

They're already in March 2021, because of the stupid time jump.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I decided that I'll "watch" the show via the NBC site while I'm supposed to be working, lol. My husband gives me a wide berth when I'm working, but once 4:00 rolls around, we're in the same room and bingeing (binging?) Billions : )

I loved the Abby/Anna scenes -- they don't use her much, but she's reliably entertaining, that Anna. And very handy with a shoe. 

Can't wait for this crap to wrap up. 

@boes - I didn't see you for a few days and started to worry you were sick. Let's all check in here every few days just to signal that we're in good shape? I like counting my chicks every so often, I guess : )

• Love 10

Who knocks people out with the plastic pointy heel on a stiletto? That shouldn't work.

This is some weak-ass brainwashing if all it takes to undo it is someone saying "I love you" twenty times.

OMG - I am seething after that Kristen monologue. No Ron! She never tried to be Stefano's favorite. She never devoted her life to proving her worth to him or worshipped him.  What The Flipping Frack?!!?

Remember THIS:

DO! YOUR! RESEARCH!

And don't push this BS that suddenly Kristen is "seeing" her father as a bad guy. He DROVE HER MOTHER INSANE. He tried to behead John back when Kristen loved him.

....I just can't. 😠😠😠😠

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

thought I was watching days since Justin was on.  Justin has a daughter.  Wait ? Who are these people ?   It’s bad enough I don’t know what day it is now I am watching the wrong soap. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

This is the first week that I've been working from home and I'm thrown off that I can watch the entire episode without missing the ending scene.  Trouble is, the show is so out of control that I kind of don't want to watch it.

Anna's taking out Steveano's eye with her high heel was stomach turning, especially the epic amount of blood that was all over his face--DAMN!!  John's calling Chad a zombie made me grin because that has been BF's acting style during this storyline.

The show is really trying to push both Ben's and Kristen's redemptions aren't they?  And wasn't everyone charmed when Ben and Ciara started joking around about how they could spin Ben's prison time?  Those two kooky kids.

• Love 14

"I'll never let you go again." Till the next time she gets shot and/or kidnapped.

"Do you want my shoe, Tony?"

"He tried to shoot me and Brady took the bullet." "Well, that's bad luck."

"He ran into the wrong end of my stiletto."

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Yes, the whole Love-Conquers-All thing was groan-worthy.  And twice?  Some of my favorite Princess Gina moments were when she mocked them for trying that on her.  

Even John couldn't resist the temptation to rant at Stefano's consciousness in his friend's body.  I guess Stevano trying to score some sexy times with Marlena was more than John could handle. 

Poor Justin.  He knows the writing's on the wall.  It was nice of the Show to let two adults have a realistic conversation in the midst of magical I-Love-Yous and lethal shoes.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Poor Justin.  He knows the writing's on the wall.  It was nice of the Show to let two adults have a realistic conversation in the midst of magical I-Love-Yous and lethal shoes.  

I wish that Ron had shown us how and why Justin and Kayla fell in love.  I don't really remember Justin and Kayla interacting back in the day as in-laws.  I just fanwank that Adrienne/Justin and Kayla kept in touch as family over the years and made sure that their children had bonded as cousins. I remember Abigail saying that she used to play with the Kiriakis brothers as children. So Stefanie must have done the same as well..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
On 3/30/2020 at 5:04 PM, Silver Raven said:

I guess Stephen Nichols is too old to do his own stunts, but Drake seemed to be doing his.

They both had stunt doubles listed in today's credits. Plus, a stunt coordinator.

It still looked laughably bad, which pretty much sums up the show for me these days.

• Love 9