Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I missed pretty much all of yesterday's ep and only saw the last half hour of today's.

I loved Orpheus playing with David. Whatever, I'd rather watch Orpheus and Evan than almost any other character. Anyway, so like, did Evan lead them back to David for some reason or what? I missed everything leading up to that.

Fucking hell, Nicole's hair is the worst it's ever been and she's had some bad hairstyles. And that dress and purse are just wow. Then you have Ciara and her hideous clothes, still wearing that awful white nail polish. I wanna know why the hair/makeup/wardrobe department hates AZ and VK so much lol.

Is everyone that works at the Salem hospital amoral? Or does Xander just have radar for it? I'm so over this story and I need the baby switch to be revealed already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

When I saw Ciara today, I thought dear God why does she always look like she just stood in front of a wind machine.   And then I saw Nicole.  Did AZ oversleep and miss hair and makeup?  Jeebus.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I missed pretty much all of yesterday's ep and only saw the last half hour of today's.

I loved Orpheus playing with David. Whatever, I'd rather watch Orpheus and Evan than almost any other character. Anyway, so like, did Evan lead them back to David for some reason or what? I missed everything leading up to that.

Fucking hell, Nicole's hair is the worst it's ever been and she's had some bad hairstyles. And that dress and purse are just wow. Then you have Ciara and her hideous clothes, still wearing that awful white nail polish. I wanna know why the hair/makeup/wardrobe department hates AZ and VK so much lol.

Is everyone that works at the Salem hospital amoral? Or does Xander just have radar for it? I'm so over this story and I need the baby switch to be revealed already.

Regarding Evan, he had a 'heart to heart" conversation with Sonny who convinced him to 'do the right thing" and return David to Rafe.  Orpheus was surprised by that!  And Rafe is all OK with Ben coming over to visit David any time he wants!  Sheesh, I would think you would want to keep lil David safe from all 'wacky people"!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why did Nicole part her hair in the centre? Not the best look. Yes, she is being shady with Eric. However, suspicions are suspicions and not facts. So what if Mackenzie also has a birthmark? However, she should know that Xander has money and that he is shadier than her, and can easily buy a fake test result.

I was surprised that a not even year old baby can graduate to a bed like that. Uh, not for a while. Maybe it can be a place to store the dolls or cars or trucks or whatever she wishes to play with.

Maggie is going to prison? For how long? A day or two?

Awww, Ciara is reunited with Ben. How nice that she suggests moving in to the mansion. Um, nope. Victor hates enough people living there. It is the new Salem Inn. Ciara, you are working and can probably afford a 1 bedroom apartment. No idea if we will continue to get the Ben Weston redemption tour or what.

Too bad Hope seems to be Hope right now. All that trouble in that year. Few friends to invite for tea and invisible biscuits. Is she still the police commissioner?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow. Why would they cut that?

No idea, but as you can imagine, I'm pissed. It's apparently NBC that's responsible for editing episodes down for time, and not the show. But when I think of how Will never got to properly mourn Adrienne's death and how nice it would have been to see him go through that process, only to have the scenes apparently get cut........... 😑🤬

Anyway, here are the pictures that Silver Raven referenced:

ETzmOXiXkAIitXL.jpg

ETzmXnAWkAgDSeG.jpg

I don't think they'd just pull out and redress a graveyard set for the hell of it, so hopefully they'll go back there at some point?

Edit - Oh, this is too rich. Kristen, *Kristen*, gets to visit Rachel's grave today, but Will & Sonny couldn't be seen visiting Adrienne's grave yesterday.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 1

I am just disgusted with the dead baby story. I hate Kristen and don't think she deserves her rape baby but I don't want any baby dead or anybody to have to mourn one, but it really hurts that Sarah is the one who is going to be destroyed by this, and Kristen ends up with the live baby. Even if it turns out the unknown third baby is Sarah's, there is still a dead baby and I don't want to watch that

Between that, which makes me ill, Stevano and his submit to me rapey talk, and Ben/Cierra who make me gag, there is little to watch.

• Love 17

All I have to say about today's show is: Rob has amazing Abs 🙂  Don't need to see Eric being all angry at Sarah again, don't need to see Kristen weeping over Rachel's grave & clinging onto Brady, and seeing Sarah comfort Kristen just made me "ugh".

• Love 8

The constant fawning over and coddling of Kristen is absolutely revolting.

I hate, hate, hate the thought of that poor innocent baby going back to her and blockhead Brady.

Hey, show!

Do better!!

• Love 15
On 3/24/2020 at 10:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Funny how Xander is always able to find a corrupt hospital worker.

like ,how are they able to identify them anyway ? Does Xandar possess some sort of "immoral person radar "device which allows him to detect immoral people at will ?  

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I’m so sick of our weepy “heroine” Kristen being on-screen and mourning Rachel all the time. Such a load of shit they’re feeding us. 

The only good thing about this baby switch is when the truth comes out, Sarah won’t have to deal with Eric any more. Unfortunately, we will. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
53 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’m so sick of our weepy “heroine” Kristen being on-screen and mourning Rachel all the time. Such a load of shit they’re feeding us. 

I still cant get over that scene where Ben and Clyde had an emotional farewell right before ben's execution . like seriously ,Carlivati expected us to feel for a druglord/child molester/murderer and his serial killer son . ugh !  

and

" there's nothing sweet about a serial killer sexing up a legacy character. Especially since the last time I remember Ben in the shower, it was him murdering Paige!"

Right on !!!! 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 9

Sarah first has to put up with Eric (who I love but geez) then she has to give morale support to Kristen.   Can’t the woman get a break and enjoy her healthy baby ?   At least she was having a good hair day.  
  Speaking of good hair.   Nicole.  She is a smart cookie. Really  enjoyed her talk with Abe and her being on to Zander.   This isn’t Nicole first baby switch.  
why would Eric think Nicole was pregnant?   Did he forget about Chloe and Holly ?

This hospital must not pay very well.   Everyone seems easily bought off.   

• Love 7

At least Nicole got to be smart enough to realize that Xander was able to alter those test results before she received them.  Nicole and Abe were fun because Abe talked to Nicole like someone who's known her long enough to know his advice was falling on deaf ears.  

The crazy thing about Xander paying off the hospital staff is that he's handing off a fat envelope of cash in the hospital lobby.  I don't know if we're supposed to think that Xander is just that shameless about his criminal behavior, or the show feels some necessity to use that specific set.  

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Poor Sarah! She is the only sympathetic person in a town full of amoral scumbags.  Nice girls finish last in Ron's world..

She is a Horton so she will be just fine and probably get Eric in the long run.

• Love 1

Xander can't exactly do an electronic funds transfer without being caught. So cash it is. However, he should do it in a place where there aren't security cameras. Easy to find some underpaid staff member who is morally able to accept some extra cash.

I did like Nicole talking to Abe rather than going on some half baked scheme on her own. At least he can try to get past her stubbornness and that she probably won't do the best thinking. When this whole thing blows up and the secret she may have comes out (as it always does), at least she talked to someone reasonable about it. Her suspicions are just that and she really should bide her time for now instead of going to find the doctor, who I would expect to become deceased at some point (no spoiler, just the obvious). She can't really go running to Eric about this because nothing will happen except him getting suspicious or him telling her she is nuts. Unlikely that anyone will get a court order to exhume Rachel to see if that baby has a birthmark.

Ben Weston has quite the abs. I appreciated the view. Nice to have a large shower and full size bottles of product instead of the usual hotel sample size or in some hotels now, the pumps.

Hattie, do leave town. Surely you can find a Roman lookalike in some other city who will actually want you and not be mumblemouth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

That was one short episode today.  Between fast forwarding everything Ben and Ciara and doing the same with the even more horrid Kristen and Bonehead, I spent most of my time at the Brady Pub where nobody eats anything but everybody has something to say.

Hattie, by comparison, didn't look so bad today.  By comparison.....

Eric's got every right to hate Xander, I know, but damn the man can turn into a priss face at the drop of a hat.  I can only imagine the "I told you so's" that Sarah's gonna have to sit through once the truth comes out.  But does she really expect that the people he literally tried to KILL are going to be fine with they guy?

Even worse, IMO, is Kristen.  That woman has been a plague on Salem for about 3 centuries now.  When she gets the sadz I start to get the giggles.  Brady being all goosey with her because "she's changed" just shows how much he hasn't.

I'm sort of getting a kick out of how little anyone really seems to care that Marlena has been kidnapped.  Roman barely mentions it before turning his mind to chowder and Eric and Brady basically shrugged it off with a "I got better things to do" attitude.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, boes said:

That was one short episode today.  Between fast forwarding everything Ben and Ciara and doing the same with the even more horrid Kristen and Bonehead, I spent most of my time at the Brady Pub where nobody eats anything but everybody has something to say.

Hattie, by comparison, didn't look so bad today.  By comparison.....

Eric's got every right to hate Xander, I know, but damn the man can turn into a priss face at the drop of a hat.  I can only imagine the "I told you so's" that Sarah's gonna have to sit through once the truth comes out.  But does she really expect that the people he literally tried to KILL are going to be fine with they guy?

Even worse, IMO, is Kristen.  That woman has been a plague on Salem for about 3 centuries now.  When she gets the sadz I start to get the giggles.  Brady being all goosey with her because "she's changed" just shows how much he hasn't.

I'm sort of getting a kick out of how little anyone really seems to care that Marlena has been kidnapped.  Roman barely mentions it before turning his mind to chowder and Eric and Brady basically shrugged it off with a "I got better things to do" attitude.   

While I (sometimes - basically only when she isn't on one of her weepy apology tours) like Nicole, I was glad to see Sarah bring up that Nicole hasn't exactly been a saint in the past.  Too bad she didn't know about the Nicole baby switch.  Somehow Eric thinks HE is to only person who get to be judgmental.  He can object to Xander being in Mickey's life but Sarah can't say a WORD about who HE chooses to be involved with.  That was a rather heavy anvil Eric was dropping when he said "I know Nicole will never keep a secret again."  Too bad it didn't fall on his foot.

At least you could say Eric has been concerned about his child's actual life.  Brady's only function in life lately seems to be to ENDLESSLY cheer up Kristen when it seems like she's going out of her way to bring up Rachel just so she can be sad.  It REALLY feels like emotional manipulation - not genuine grief.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Brady's only function in life lately seems to be to ENDLESSLY cheer up Kristen when it seems like she's going out of her way to bring up Rachel just so she can be sad.  It REALLY feels like emotional manipulation - not genuine grief.

Absolutely, yes! Not that I think she's capable of anything genuine, of course; but Bonehead Black seems to be in a caretaker role, more than anything else. Maybe I'd feel differently (and it wouldn't seem so unbalanced and unhealthy) if she were capable of experiencing human emotion? Some people do get into a place where all they do is dwell on their grief (and they may need professional help to move through it), but here it just feels like there's an agenda. (Because there's always an agenda.) 

Brady being all goosey with her because "she's changed" just shows how much he hasn't.

Well, in fairness, he might be decompensating.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I haven't been able to watch with my husband hanging around all the time, lol. I did watch some of yesterday's but just gave up after a while. I can't even find a storyline I won't ff through these days.

But as always, I enjoy all of you and will keep tabs on the heroes and heroines of Salem this way for now : ) 

• Love 8

Tired of Brady and Kristen talking about Rachel. I hope Mickey turns out to belong to the third family from that birthing night.

I hate how the writers have Eric ok with Xander one minute and hating him the next. He is justified in hating him and i really wish he would on a consistent basis but stop the back and forth. They do the same thing to him when they breakup Ericole. I won't feel bad for Sarah when she loses this baby.

The Evan story ended on such a low note. They should have just made him an all out villain or not introduce him at all. Will we ever find out what he did that was so bad he had to kill Jordan for? This is what they brought Orpheus back for?

Backburn Cin, please and thank you.

The way they are describing Adrienne sounds so artificial. This story has fallen so flat because no one is angry anymore. I get them softening to Maggie because she is remorseful and wants to pay, but Victor was ok with Will being punished and losing time with his daughter and husband. They should HATE him. Will and Sonny should be moving out. This man has shown that he will play god with their lives when it suits him but they are fine under his roof.

• Love 6

The way Abby was talking about rats and trying to keep Kristen from going down to the basement made it seem like she knew what Chadbot was really doing. weird writing and directing.

No one should believe suit and tie Chad would kill real rats so alarms should be going off.

If Chad needs a special word to do his crimes, there should be a noticeable change in his demeanor when it is said, but there is not so it sounds stupid. But honestly, it is hard to tell Chadbot from real Chad anyways.

I don't want Marlena owing Kristen anything. I hate Stevano and this story. The only good thing to come out of this story is Brady spending more time with John and being concerned with Marlena. He is free of Victor and does not need to go back.

Someone else needs to dress Gabi. She does not have to wear paint all the time, we know she has a great figure. lol. Tony has a lot of suit coats that look like robes.

Got a good laugh out of Gabi pouring out the alcohol after Kate asked her not to drink it all.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I too also thought of Ben strangling Paige in the shower and JJ finding her dead lifeless body afterwards...

I was hoping that Cin shower scene ended the same way but nope....

OUCH. Ciara, thou hast fallen far.

I'd like to think I could still enjoy her as a character...but its been like...five years of crappy writing?

I might like her more if she strangled Ben, honestly.

9 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

The way Abby was talking about rats and trying to keep Kristen from going down to the basement made it seem like she knew what Chadbot was really doing. weird writing and directing.

Seriously. Kate, we don't need you to make the show any weirder. 

10 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I haven't been able to watch with my husband hanging around all the time, lol. I did watch some of yesterday's but just gave up after a while. I can't even find a storyline I won't ff through these days.

But as always, I enjoy all of you and will keep tabs on the heroes and heroines of Salem this way for now : ) 

Wait til he retires! Sheer horror!

Aww, I’m going to miss Hattie!

• Love 6

Why is Abby so upset about Kristen going into the catacombs?  She doesn't know what's down there.

It's funny how Roman seems to have no concerns that the mother of two of his children is missing.  But then, Eric doesn't care, either, and Sami doesn't seem worried.

Speaking of Sami, why didn't Stefano arrange to have EJ at his family meeting?

Poor Hattie.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Abby so upset about Kristen going into the catacombs?  She doesn't know what's down there.

It's funny how Roman seems to have no concerns that the mother of two of his children is missing.  But then, Eric doesn't care, either, and Sami doesn't seem worried.

Poor Hattie.

Stevano said a couple of days ago, that he couldn't involve EJ because of that "witch" Sami.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Will we ever find out what he did that was so bad he had to kill Jordan for?

I didn't think he killed her because of that, I thought it was like a spur of the moment thing because she was saying he couldn't see David. 

I missed the first 40 minutes today so I have no idea what was happening really lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Because Sami (thanks to EJ's letter) was able to take half of the Dimera fortune (about 500 million) right from under Stefano's nose.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I missed the first 40 minutes today so I have no idea what was happening really lol.

Tony and Anna showed up at DiMera mansion.  RoboChad was going to shoot and kill Kate and Gabi but ManipulatedMarlena convinced Stevano to call it off.  RoboChad's cellular provider is so awesome that he was able to receive the phone call in the DiMera tunnels just in the nick of time.  Then, RoboChad was able to convince Kristin and Tony to go with him for a very special meeting with FATHER.  Stevano told ManipulatedMarlena that if she goes back into the closet, she'll find a lovely consolation prize for becoming his Queen of the Something or Other.  Abigail talked to Anna but my ears started bleeding and I got distracted.  John received a piece of paper but his mouth was moving too quickly for me to understand what he was telling Brady.  Hope that helps!  :)

If we're playing Sophie's Choice, I'd have to pick Hattie.  Many moons ago, Marlena was one of my favorites but the current writing team has stripped her of just about everything that made her an interesting character.  At least Hattie is good for comedy relief.  Adios, Hattie!  I'll miss you!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

OUCH. Ciara, thou hast fallen far.

I'd like to think I could still enjoy her as a character...but its been like...five years of crappy writing?

I might like her more if she strangled Ben, honestly.

Same tbh I would've gone for a darker version of Ciara but she's a Horton so that's not going to happen at least if she's sticking around long term.  

The show did Ben/Ciara together and individually no favors by making them some sappy romance where Ciara is devoid of any individual purpose and Ben is neutered. 

If they had portrayed these two as the dark angsty effed up pairing they were supposed to be they would be in a much better place instead we got this...

• Love 4

I don’t think Marlena is brainwashed but trying play Stefano. 

I’m missing a lot lately which is unlike me because in Chicago it’s all news and press conferences all the time and the few bits or pieces that air without news interruptions I’m watching in a break room while people talk loudly about things happening in my workplace or with our work mobile phones calling. 

Whats going on with Ciara’s hair btw? That shit is not cute. 

Failure’s back to act stupid and add nothing. There would be no way she’d care if there were kidnapped imprisoned people in the wine cellar anyways unless it was good looking married men. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Bye, Hattie. Maybe you can find a better life than hoping that Roman will want you and fall in love with you.

Kristen should go down to the tunnels - rats down there? Probably not. Who is going to find Kate and Gabi? Maybe the smell of the booze will lure someone downstairs. No one has reported Kate or Gabi missing?

Not my taste of wedding dress. How nice that the room has a double size bed, and a full length mirror. Have no idea if Marlena is actually also brainwashed - Chad seems to be in the rinse cycle - or just playing Stevano. And gathering La Famiglia for a wedding? Seriously?

• LOL 3

Does ANYONE really believe Stevano and Marlena will go through with this "wedding?"  Anyone?  And when John bursts in (not spoiled, but we're all thinking it right?) is Brady going to be with him?  I really can't decide if Brady is going to get all angry because Kristen didn't alert him as to where Stevano and Marlena were or be REALLY stupid and buy some line from Kristen that she didn't alert John or Brady because she was worried about Marlena.  If Brady gets mad, and the baby swap is revealed does that really mean ANOTHER custody battle for ANOTHER child that will only be seen 4 times before it is sorased?  Even though Brady would be justified in being angry, I really don't want to see him go off on another one of his vaguely abusive tirades.

• Love 5
On 3/26/2020 at 12:03 AM, Retired at last said:

I am so glad that Nicole at least told Abe what she was thinking. It's not going to stop Eric for throwing her out AGAIN, but at least she told someone.

shocking! so carlivati actually remembered that Abe was pretty much Nicole's defacto father while she was young ? what a miracle!!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Tony and Anna showed up at DiMera mansion.  RoboChad was going to shoot and kill Kate and Gabi but ManipulatedMarlena convinced Stevano to call it off.  RoboChad's cellular provider is so awesome that he was able to receive the phone call in the DiMera tunnels just in the nick of time.  Then, RoboChad was able to convince Kristin and Tony to go with him for a very special meeting with FATHER.  Stevano told ManipulatedMarlena that if she goes back into the closet, she'll find a lovely consolation prize for becoming his Queen of the Something or Other.  Abigail talked to Anna but my ears started bleeding and I got distracted.  John received a piece of paper but his mouth was moving too quickly for me to understand what he was telling Brady.  Hope that helps!  🙂

Perfect, thank you!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

The way they are describing Adrienne sounds so artificial. This story has fallen so flat because no one is angry anymore. I get them softening to Maggie because she is remorseful and wants to pay, but Victor was okay with Will being punished and losing time with his daughter and husband.

I really liked the scene where Maggie explained to Will and Sonny what she was doing. I thought all three handled the material well, though Suzanne Rogers is the standout. When Justin first came into the living room, it wasn't made obvious that he had forgiven her yet; Wally Kurth looked as if Justin might still be angry. It made the scene feel less predictable, and Justin's response was a genuine relief (to me, anyway). There needs to be dramatic tension, show!

TL;DR: Suzie's a pro. Love her.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Whats going on with Ciara’s hair btw? That shit is not cute. 

What the hell is going on with anyone's hair? I almost never notice the hairstyling on the show, but did Arianne Zucker and Mary Beth Evans piss someone off? Jesus wept, their haircuts are just frighteningly bad right now.

Edited by Sandman
Didn't mean to post back-to-back -- sorry!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I have to say, I do not understand why this show is so cavalier about rape/sexual assault. They did not have to even get to a point where Stevano and Marlenabot were in bed together.

Kristen grabbing Chads hand while he held a gun on her was pretty badass but I also would have been fine with him shooting her. Glad Tony turned on the app. The wedding was like a slow comedy sketch.

For a moment it seemed like Chadbot had snapped out of this spell but then he continued with the vows so does he need to hear "La Familia" or not?

I do not like the acting choices by Kate Mansi. It is almost like she is playing a different character and it is distracting. Her scenes with Anna were hard to get through. I wish this Salem style where bras are visible under the blouse would just go away.

I enjoyed Abby getting hit in the head but thought Gabi's concern for Abby was a little weird. But I guess they are going to soften her until they need the evil to return. Kate still feels pointless. Bring back Lucas and Ally so she can have something to do.

The messenger must be invisible because John got to the door pretty fast and they were gone.

We are definitely getting a Steve, Kayla, Justin triangle. I wonder if Steve will have some of Stefano's memories like Hope.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

It’s nice that Marlena can just fit into a wedding dress right off the rack.  

Stevano probably used poor Harold as the model while he stitched it together on his foot pedal vintage Singer sewing machine.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3